Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

yardage, coconut buttons, and sewing patterns should all arive tomorow. Making aloha shirts and dresses availible at the event

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Feb 9, 2011 5:16 PM

I LOVE, LOVE the Mojave shirt Dawn....my two loves, vintage travel trailers and tiki on one shirt.

Please save an XL for me!! I really want one!

PS: This is going to be a hands down, SMOKIN' HIT with the vintage trailer folks too...

[ Edited by: Babalu 2011-02-09 17:19 ]

20 yards of fabric arrived today

Very cool Dawn! You gonna sew those all yourself or send them off to Indonesia to have them sewn???

Indonesia sew ers would be afordable. I can only afford Sew- ers, sew people, who do sewing, on sewing machines. ( if you want to call yourself a seamstress go right ahead.) BUT I have a team of sew ers lined up here in Seattle. and a couple of TC sew ers for the special garments.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-02-11 12:33 ]

I want a shirt in a bad good way :wink:

Beautiful!

Wow, wow, what else is there to say, oh awesome! Wendy

L

Your artistic style really lends itself well to fabric design...love these!

new swatches.

2 more batches of swatches on their way then I can sort and place them all in collections.
so far my collections are
OLD SCHOOL
HAVAIKI HAUTE
ABSTRACTIVA
ABSTRACTIVA 2 BORA BORA INTERCONTINENTAL
THE POLYNESIAN
EASY LIVING
FLASH BACK

T

Beautiful Dawn!

coming soon - STICKERS

On 2011-02-15 13:53, Sophista-tiki wrote:
coming soon - STICKERS

SO cool!!!!

thsnks, there will be a line of architectural stickers, with a couple of tikis thrown in. this first tiki is 8" high

Abstractive, Matuku fabric now availib/e in 6 colorways

http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/446195

Hey Dawn, those are AWESOME :)

Wouldn't those graphics look cool on a retro lunch pail? Too cool. :)

On 2011-02-15 13:53, Sophista-tiki wrote:
coming soon - STICKERS

fresh batch of samples arrived this morning. these selections are now availible for sale.

soory PuPu I missed reading your post before I moved onto the next thing. in response to lucnh pail... HECK YA now I want one!

Dawn, are all of your fabrics (except the Mojave Oasis, of course) available to buy?

yes all of my fabrics are availible for sale here:
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/sophista-tiki

there are 2 galleries. the one at the top of the page is whats for sale
the one at the bottom of the page is what is designed but not yet availible.

Abstractiva, Tsunami, Brown

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-02-16 16:35 ]

Love those fabric designs! Great job Dawn!!

K

very nice Dawn still love the painting we have from you!!!!!

Thanks for looking.
wait until you see the clothes!!!
getting lots of attention for the fabric designs outside of the tiki relm. I fully expect licensing this year.

I should be getting back to painting in about a week. , have a few shows lined up and need to make inventory for vending at Tiki Oasis.
I just dug out all of my (never been seen by you people) silk screens and will have asmall offereing of T-shirts soon,
My book, Tapa designs of the pacific is currently in que and will also be availible soon.

and of course stickers, I've always wanted to do stickers.
(I bought a sticker from Doug last year at TO for my truck and its my favorite, and inspires me to make my own stickers every day I see it)

24 more fabrics will be availible in about a week.
and remember if you cant sew but you want a custom shirt or dress you can always contact Karrol ( Kiki von Tiki) or Andy (Fashion Tramp) to make something special just for you.
just buy your fabric and send it to them .

W

Hi Dawn, excited about your book! Any thoughts about pre-ordering?

Love all your work!

Chris
WestADad

I will have book info in about 3 weeks or so, I have to size it down because the original done in the early 90's is large format . I'll be adding some new pages too. When I have all the details I will be taking pre orders.

On 2011-02-21 10:02, Sophista-tiki wrote:
I will have book info in about 3 weeks or so, I have to size it down because the original done in the early 90's is large format . I'll be adding some new pages too. When I have all the details I will be taking pre orders.

Sweet!

new batch of samples arrived last week. 24 more designs are now availible.
I wish I could show what I am working on . you'll see soon enough and then I can finally get back to painting.

M
mp posted on Sun, Mar 6, 2011 10:43 PM

Dawn, your blowin my mind! So talented.
There all BEAUTIFUL.

Girl's outta Control!
in a good way!

Stunning!

hahaha Thanks for the nice words, I thought I was reading a NYTimes review.

Just wait until you see the clothes!!

is it live or is it memorex

If I didnt make this myself I would think it was vintage.

Nice!
it does look vintage!
Model one and take a pic!

That is so freaking cool, nice work Dawn!

More than Awesome Dawn, you have great talent and skills!

Donating this pair of watercolors for next weekends auction fundraiser for Japan here in Seattle. In the company of some legendary NW school artists. . Honored to be included for this personal cause. As some of you may know I work at the Japanese Community and Cultural Center here in Seattle and am curator of collections for our museum.

http://www.koboseattle.com/category/main.asp

locals may want to go check it out

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-03-17 17:55 ]

On 2011-03-15 11:05, Sophista-tiki wrote:

I totally agree! Dawn, you really have found your medium with those fabrics! I want them all - on SOMETHING! Suddenly I wish I wuz a girl and knew how to sew! (not that that's only a girl thing, but the chances would be better) :)

Perfect, I'm a fan, Wendy

On 2011-03-15 11:05, Sophista-tiki wrote:

So nice!

hang tags for the clothes

Sweet! Very professional!

Hummmm, I love it, all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b Great job Dawn!

Ok since theyve been officially revealed I think I can now post this under "stuff I made"

These were so gorgeous in the flesh! The orange just POPPED!
as do your watercolors....the cools feel cool!
Thanks sooooo much for making this last weekend a Cornucopia of Cavalcades!
:)

EXCELLENT!

T

ST, somehow I don't think I've ever seen your work before. May I make the understatement of the year and say, "WOW"?! I'm hooked now! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies