Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

thanks, Im about to post a bunch of stuff for sale in Market Place in every price range. but in the meantime heres something for your veiwing amusement

working on a couple of pieces for the Scotiki show in Portland next month. brought to you by Elroy Art
progress shots

should be done tis evening
I'm thinking of calling it "the party crasher"

Sweet Dawn, good to see you posting again. Looks like all the heavy hitters are lining up for the Mods & Gods Show.

done
'THE PARTY CRASHER' 9"x 12' acrylic on masonite availible from Elroy art Mods and Gods Show

new stuff

SWAMPGLOW 8x10 acrylic on masonite 125.00

MOONGLOW 8x10 acrylic on masonite 125.00 SOLD

MONO-SCOOT acrylic on masonite

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-06-29 00:56 ]

new originals many under $100 will be availible at NW Tiki Kon July 15, 16, 17,

some A's

on their way to Portland nezt weekend

J
JOHN-O posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2011 7:04 PM

A Dawn Fraiser original design Aloha shirt changed my life !!

A few weeks ago when I was wearing it for the first time at Don's, actress Kate Flannery of "The Office" spotted me and asked if I had an agent. (That's her on the right, Jungle Ginger is on the left).

Kate is working on a treatment for a cable TV sitcom based on the wacky escapades at a neighborhood Tiki bar. Think of it kind of like a Tiki "Cheers". She was at Don's doing research. Based on my shirt, she said I looked perfect for one of the roles.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

If you too want to change your life, buy a Sophista-tiki product !!

NO WAY!, thats a great story. fingers crossed!!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2011 10:35 PM

Right-On John-O!!

J

OK so I might have embellished that story a little (or a lot). 3 things are true:

1. That was Kate Flannery of "The Office".

2. I looked fabulous in the shirt that Dawn made.

3. And you will too !! :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-07-08 23:09 ]

Hey that was my idea, John-O!

see what a good story teller he is!!

John, you do look quite smashing in that shirt, thanks to Dawn :)

my Scootiki pieces

just turned these two drawings into new fabrics

total pig procrastination, BUTT( snicker) its going in the box tonight.
GOOGIE PIG progress pics. NOT DONE YET. I still have to puyt on the signage, paint the stone pathways around the base and add the walk up windows. its amazing what you can make with one piece of cardboard.

getting ready for vending at Tiki Oasis. there will be more than a few allnighters in the next couple of weeks to get everything done.
Im making some shirts from my farbrics

some coaster sets

paintings

prints, and watercolor sketches

products ( since I'm not in artists alley this yr I can have these)

AND........
a preview peice for my upcoming solo show at M Modern in Palms Springs. availible for veiwing in the M Modern Booth at Tiki Oasis

Im the last week and 1/2 I've sewn about 20 shirts from my fabrics.. heres some that will be availible at Tiki Oasis

all shirts are size LG. french seams, hand stiched button holes with mother of pearl buttons,with front pocket. $85.

B
Babalu posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2011 1:22 PM

Nice Dawn! I really like the Asmat designs incorparated.

decor pieces will be availible at Tiki Oasis

Dawn, I always love the blue/green palette you use in so much of your work.

not really sure where to post this. BUTT I got a pirze at Oasis, a framed print of the Canlis in Seattle, so nice thank you
and here it is with my version I painted about a yr ago.
Love that place its really beautiful. The quintisential NW mid century architecture with a stunning veiw of Lake Union

That is gorgeous!

expirimental bump

Im up to my eyeballs in paintings right now for my M Modern solo show on october. no peeking so this is all I can reveal for now

but in the meantime heres some hoolery I made last week while I wasfiguring out howto fix my computer on my own.

this is one I made a few yrs ago that I had to repair)

teasres

extreme close up of last piece

extreme close up

extreme close up

almost finished piec for the M Modern show
because only about 1% of you are paying attention and the rest think I'm not doing anything.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-09-24 13:11 ]

I always pay attention to your beautiful art Dawn! :D

M

What?

I love your stuff!

Guess I'm a 1 percenter!

Mahalo

McTiki

haha thanks you guys, I havenyt been able to post new work because its all for my M Modern show and its supposed to be top secret.

Dawn, when is your show again? I'm only an hour away, I'll be in trouble if I don't come see you! (You will be there right?)

havent been able to pin them down on the EXACT date, but all indications point to late october. I'll be all over posting the info as soon as its availible

and now for msomething completely different

Rufus had this look on his face BEFORE I put the tennis balls in his cone. Its the cone hes not happy about anything after that doesnt matter.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-09-21 12:22 ]

Love the beautiful turquoise teaser painting! Your stuff is wonderful as always. Been following along for a while, but not posted anything till now. I really liked your Aloha shirts you did....incredible.

And....

Awww poor doggy. Great photography there, but he seems like "really? I have to put up with this?" :lol:

POOR RUFUS!!!!

this was 5 minutes later

H

Love your last piece, very nice.

Finished this custom order shirt for Shirt for Sven yesterday.

Playing around with the watercolors on the smo-o-o-o-th paper. I'm diggin it.

W

WOW!

Nice Dawn, one little beacon of warm in an ocean of cool.

whats happening RIGHT NOW

I've got 7 watercolors going in various stages, sizes, types of watercolors, and papers. I REALLY want to know what was in this tube I scavenged out of the recycle at work. and the neighbors cat is sunning on my canoe in the front yard.

"If undeliverable to addressee - please abandon" :lol:

What does Rufus think of the neighbor's cat? Rufus seems like a dog's dog, I can't imaging he tolerates cats well.

Rufus has his own cat, but he likes to chase other peoples cats, and stuffed kitty is his favorite toy

Beautiful art as always Dawn..I love Sven's shirt!

Dawn, I'm not real good at that sort of thing but this one has a different feel than most of your other pieces - different colors, cropped much tighter. Very nice, is that an intentional departure from your "signature style"? And, I have to know what the banner says :)

not necessarily. It's more like things I USED to do before I spent a yr painting only in blues and greens. ( which I did mostly because Kinny said I couldn't do it!). Watercolors are my natural habitat so its much easier for me to use all the colors.
I am not the one who really claimed what my "signature style" was. I just paint on one theme, subject,or color scheme until I feel like I'm done with it and them move on. They're all part of the bigger picture.

that being said The yr spent painting in acrylics has made my watercolors better. All the pieces I've done this week are for my M Modern show, ( Dec 7, now) and they all have the feel I've always wanted my watercolors to have. A real old school loose quality.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies