Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

WhooHoo! Now I know what Chris looks like ~ I don't think I've seen a pic before.

That shirt makes him look damned handsome Dawn! Maybe when we take some pictures at Tiki Caliente, we can do some "before" and "after" shots; before in an ugly shirt, hair uncombed, dorky look on the face. Then after in your shirt, all spiffed up and looking suave! :lol:

a few more shirts ready to ship out first thing Monday morning,

just have one left to put the finishing touches on.,,,,,, for now
I can finally clear sewing off my desk and get to drawing and painting, several projects are dues ASAP

W

I really like that one.

Come to me, Super Deluxe Plus Sophista-Tiki Custom Aloha Shirt. Come to the Professor. [cue Sci-Fi power chord and maniacal laughter]

my vending table offerings

from last nights neighborhood vending at Skylark .

and look what the easter bunny brought me

everything I need to work on a project for gene and one for Amy
finally a new scanner /printer and some nice vellum

progress shot of 'Aloha in Hi-Fi', my piece for the Hukilau group show. I didnt make the shipping deadline but I'm finiahing it anyway.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-04-12 21:45 ]

Done
ALOHA IN HI-FI, The Hukilau All-Stars, a Mai Kai record
12" x 18"
acrylic on masonite

Wow
Stunning

W

That is fantastic Dawn!

thanks
there will be w few more in this series. I muyst have looked at over 1000 album covers online while I was in Montana. Lots of material to work from. and i definatly honed in on a certain look I like for these.
For tonight I
m putting the paints aside to sew up a couple of shirts so i can ship them out by Teusday. Hint hint.

C

Beautiful!

an assortment of shirts, some are shipping out today

Do I smell smoke? Oh, it's Dawn - she's on FIRE!!!!!

Over on FB shirts are selling like hotcakes, I even made the hawaiin shirt page.
mmm hotcakes.

i've been working on a bunch of stuff i cant show yet in addition to some clothes from my fabrics. THOSE I can show you.

Dawn, I like that contrasting green facing, can't wait to see you at CALIENTE!!!!

It was such fun to finally have a visit with you and your friend at Caliente. I love your work. Wendy

PS you have cute feet

On 2012-06-07 09:42, danlovestikis wrote:
It was such fun to finally have a visit with you and your friend at Caliente. I love your work. Wendy

PS you have cute feet

I agree Wendy, Dawn has cute feet! hee-hee!

Now I get it!

hahahaha! Ok I've been holding out Thers a bunch of new stuff, including about 2 dozen fabrics,new shirts, new DAWNCRAFT, purses, and several paintings in the works

rufus trying to make me stop working and play with him

some vintage hats i scored on that I'll be "tarting up" as Verity says

the begining of making my own torso maniquin for displaying my shirts while vending

and a few projects in the works for vending Tiki Kon in Portland . The only vending I will be doing this summer.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-06-08 18:31 ]

Looks good Dawn, nice work! I bet the ladies will love those purses!

today

oh yea heres my maniquin

almost finished fleshing it out with packing peanuts and duct tape

testing it out on a wrought iron plant stand with a sophista-tiki togs shirt.
still need to paper mache over the duct tape as soon as I can find some news paper.

Love the new fabrics Dawn, especially this one

great stuff
glad I ran into u at Caliente...

OK its all about painting, at least for the next week or so, I have several group shows to send pieces for, restock my website with originlas and DAWNCRAFT pieces, and create inventory for vensing Tiki KOn ( that is if I get accepted as a vendor) I havent heard back yet. anyway heres a selection of whats on deck

You're gettin' busy Dawn, looks good!

I've been busy the whole time I just havent been posting here. There are about 40 new fabrics I did an entire series of serigraphs for Falling Cocos and a lampshade. all stuff I cant really post here just yet. Im finally getting to the pieces I CAN share. gearing up to vend Tiki Kon in Portland, I'm doing that event this yr instead of Oasis.

Dawn, I got an e-mail from Spoonflower that they were changing their printing process, does that mean anything to me?

Spoonflower has revamped their colors, I've gotten 3 new color chat=rts from them and I think that they have it the way they want itnow, I dont see that this change will affect anyone unless theyre really uptight about how colors print from the old way to the new way. I havent reallu noticed a difference. What I would like from this change is for the colors /printing to be more resilliant, not fade from washing. ( which is why I tell people to take care when washing their shirts so the colors stay nice and bright)

P

Hey Dawn...how much for those scroll / hall-hanging thingies???

pm me if necessary...

Scroll hang-y thing-ys are called DAWNCRAFT its my deccor line. ther are more reasonably priced than the paintings. I havent priced and listed these yet., BUt I will NOW! they will be on the Dawncraft page on my website with buy now paypal buttons. ready to ship and hang. thanks. here's the link
http://www.sophista-tiki.com/Dawncraft.html

P

sweet!

I have a little archway in my house leading from the living room to the rest of the house & I need a one for each side of it. I'm gettin a couple...

Can I, like, choose any one of those fabrics you have listed???

finally,,,, DAWNCRAFT pics. First i had to paint the side of the house.

http://www.sophista-tiki.com/Dawncraft.html

listed shortly on my website with buy now paypal buttons

Amazing, Dawn.

finally perfectedmy first monochromatic, there will be more
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/1247714

Looks great

only a couple of studio days this week. I had to sped the 2 nice days working outside in my yard and I lost one day to the lazies which I always get post the floor licking gig. It takes a day to get my brain back in art mode.
BUTT

Nice stuff! Is there a pic missing?

yes a picture missing, I fixed it.

It is great to know I can always come here to see something beautiful.

a prpgress shot, the colors look nothing like this pic, its much brighter. but you get the idea

I'm into the volcanoe part, not the Pele part

did someone say WITCO inspired ,,,,,,,,,, fabric
http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1298918
http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1298898

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-07-14 15:34 ]

Dawn,
I LOVE your work!
~kele

thank you. I have a bunch of new stuff to show just as soon a I photograph, Including my swap piece. new fabrics, and pieces for vending Tiki Kon in Portland.

Dawn, where do I nominate you as Spoonflower designer of the year? Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I'm able to connect to Spoonflower OK, are you still having a problem?

i finally figured out what the problem was sort of by accident and process of elimination. just some weird glitch that apparently only applied to me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies