Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

I making stuff as fast as I can but this pic from Burienworth at Sweetpeas house last night is the best I can do to counter the recent spamming

oh wait heres my new line of flops

New card sets from old art Im working on print ready versions of these today. and I'm also starting on my new top secret project. Official announcement to be made soon Im sure.
Been pretty sick with walking poo-moan-ya for about 1 month, but Im still alive,,,,,, ish.

I've also been working on building up my etsy store and expanding my audience over on FB where I have a sophista-tiki page.
Even with all that other stuffs I'm chomping at the bit to start on my new paintings. I will post progress pics soon.

oh and Rufus say hi

still working on a comission design project but here are some fabric designs done to get myself in the designing mode. I've also got a set of greeting cards in the works and will be doing 50, 50 dollar paintings in time for the holidays.
This week I recieved the Shaheen teatimer pattern in the mail and I'm making one for myself today! YAY
anyway heres new fabric

Dawn, always a treasure chest to see new stuff from you and hear that you're still alive after that bout with pneumonia :)

Awesomely beautiful stuff as always. I really like the third down design in orange (my favorite color). That lamp rocks, I bet it is indescribable seeing it lit up in person.

if you're on ye olde Fb I have a sophista-tiki page there. everything new gets posted there in addition to special offers like free shipping and instructions on how to order a custom sophista-tiki togs shirt

The first cards arrived tonight. still waiting on the wrapping paper and gift tags

Those are gorgeous Dawn!!!!

thanks , I posted the link to order from my website over in marketplace.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=37451&forum=12&start=90

Matching cards and gift wrap - very sumptuous Dawn!

Believe it or not I'm actually doing more than just farting around with farbic designs and having fun getting stuff printed.
look paintings
The big one is something I sketched out and started a few months ago and the 2 smaller ones are the dipping of the toe into my next show. The scenes are from a group of vintage black and white photos of French Polynesia. I'll be adding things like mid-century architecture, tikis, and of course the ever lurking Space Needle.

got this far today. ( lots of interuptions. That Rufus, he's so demanding)
and I had company so I cleaned the hell out of my house.

Last time my dad was here he brought me a whole pile of hot press watercolor board from my moms studio. BUT they were all things she had started painting. I'm slowly trying to figure out how I paint over them. I'm starting with this one because I think it will work well for a watercolor version of the Lets Vacation series.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-17 17:20 ]

progress shot

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-19 18:30 ]

Dawn, how cool that you get to finish up some of your mom's old painting, adding your style to them. This is not like covering an oil or acrylic painting and starting fresh, with watercolor you have to keep everything that's there right?

yes i have to work with whats already been painted.

Better pic as soon as it stops raining for 5 minutes.

"Better pic as soon as it stops raining for 5 minutes"

When will that be? June? :lol:

This is great work, Dawn. It has all of the great Sophista-Tiki (blue green-ness, an a-frame, palm trees) stuff I love, plus more (outrigger).

Freekin awesome

beautifious!
~kele

Thanks for looking and leaving positive replies. I'm working on a companion piece to this. 4 pieces of DAWNCRAFT and another matching pair of decor paintings that will be in the "Lets Vacation" series.
Unfortunatly I'm STILL waiting on the wrapping paper and cards,as of now over 2 weeks late. geesh.
But I did get samples from my newest fabric collection called Hawaiian Holiday.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-25 09:45 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-26 08:05 ]

bthe first roll of gift wrap FINALLY arrived. two weeks late , the box had been opened and retaped. ,,, whatever PO,
I was finally able to get the glamour shots.

Finished pieces for this week so far.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-28 18:39 ]

a couple more fresh ones:

This pair was a special order

Pulled out these 3 pieces from earlier in the yr for a second look and to see if anyone wanted to give them a home, ( middle one has been claimed)

gave this piece away as a prize to the first person who claimed it. Its on its way to Florida

and Im wrapping presents with my own gift wrap YAY!

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-30 10:14 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-11-30 10:15 ]

It all looks beautiful, Dawn.

Tiki Holiday cards packaged and ready to ship out tomorow morning.

Nice stuff, Dawn. Very nice.

Your own giftpaper? It looks incredible, how is it done, printed professionaly?

The cards look terrific, also.

Nice to see you back Rob and thanks fro looking . The giftt wrap is a limited time ofer from Spoonflower, the same place that prints my fabrics. Rolls are 46" x 72" , nice heavy paper. I'm very happy with the quality. I have 2 designs in 4 colors with matching cards and gift tags all available from my website.

great items as always...

Lots 0f art found its way to new homes for Christmas Thanks !!!
Over the holidays ( well before even) my computer bit it, my truck died in the middle of an intersection on my way home from work, and I had a severe asthma attack that ended up in the emergency room. ,,,,,, a million dollars later,,,,,,,,,
Truck repairs and tune up all squared away, I tore my computer apart and fixed it myself, but lost all my files, so I'm starting from scratch like I have a brand new puter. Obviously I lived through the attack but I'm not quite the same. ( that sucks)
I went cold turkey on the computer and was offline for several days. In that time I started 7 new large paintings. This yr will be all larger pieces unless specifically commissioned, (except for DAWNCRAFT)
As a result of my computer committing suicide and being resurrected from pet cemetary I lost all of my website files. SO sophista-tiki.com will be getting a whole new look.
I will also be discontinuing several fabric designs from my Spoonflower.
New sections have been added to the sophista-tiki etsy shop; paper goods, and one more thing I cant remember right now. Hold on I need more coffee,,,,,
Ok where was I,,
Big important things on my plate this yr. most of which I can't reveal yet. but I will as soon as I get the OK.
If you're on FB I have a sophista-tiki page there and am currently poised to give away a FREE small painting when I get to 700 likes. Just go and add your name to the comments under the picture of the piece wrapped in Tiki Holiday gift wrap.
Thanks again for the support you've given. Hope everyone has an abundant 2013. Dawn

T

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-10-26 10:01 ]

What a long line of misfortunes. I was so sad to hear these. I'm glad you are better and dealing with the loss of your photos. I always watch your art on this thread it is all beautiful. Wendy

I for one love all your creations...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Feb 2, 2013 12:04 AM

Good stuff. Looking foward to seeing your cover for Tiki Magazine, and congratulations on being picked as a cover artist.

Thank you,

Bigger pieces this year. here's progress shots of the current painting. I hope to finish this up today. Gotta move onto gigs with deadlines starting tomorow.
oops Im on the wrong computer, thsi one doesnt have my picture files. ,,,, one moment please,,,

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-02-05 12:49 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 12:35 PM

Waiting patiently......

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 12:36 PM

Anticipation is killing GROG.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 12:37 PM

You could cut the tension with a knife.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 12:37 PM

And a dull one at that!

sorry , I distracted myself with chores, and now the moment only GROG has been waiting for,,,,,

I'll save the 'tah dah' part for when it officialy done.
When I started this giant piece at the beginning of Jan. I was all super excited about just painting up a whole show and having it ready to go. Then my plate filled up with projects . so this may be the only one I get to finish for now.
all of my other projects are completely different. 3 event fabric designs, and a couple of architectural rendering style pieces for a modernism show , and some product design.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-02-05 13:54 ]

GROG was not the only one waiting, it's just that some of us know how to wait patiently :lol:

Nice Dawn! Hope to see you on your SoCal Tour :D

On 2013-02-05 13:48, MadDogMike wrote:
GROG was not the only one waiting, it's just that some of us know how to wait patiently :lol:

ditto! lol
~kele

G
GROG posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:09 PM

Looking good, Dawn. It just needs Superman, because everything is better with Superman.

On 2013-02-05 15:09, GROG wrote:
Looking good, Dawn. It just needs Superman, because everything is better with Superman.

This has everyone rolling with laughter over on Fb. Will you put Superman back in after I finish. or maybe Aqua man waving from the water?

BK

I'm in favor of Aquaman!

C
cy posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 5:54 PM

Great things going on here Sophista-tiki, love the framed gift for the lucky person in Florida and way to represent the beautiful NW!

Todays progress shot before I get started. I still have a ways to go, But unfortunalty my time is up on this piece for now. I've got to start on other stuff to make deadlines

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-02-07 15:22 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies