Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

E

Fantastic work! Really digging the vibe.

Ahhhh!

When you added Superman it freaked me out!

Please don't do that, it'll take a while to recover as it is.

HT

Looks great, Dawn. Also, I fully support your Aquaman suggestion.

Awesome...

Jon

Congratulations on the cover. We'll look forward to having our copies arrive. Wendy

Very cool painting Dawn, congrats!

BEAUTIFUL cover, Dawn! Now that is a fortress of solitude I could dig! :wink:

REALLY love the cover, Dawn. Congrats!
~kele

T

Love it this cover- and the painting. :)

I was the happy winner of Dawn's facebook contest to get to 700 likes. This is the wonderful painting I got.
Thank you!

We just got our issues of Tiki Magazine last night. Dawn we loved your article. Congratulations. Working hard pays off and you deserved this. You are an adventurous woman.

Dan and I have been thinking about Tiki Kon. It would be fun to see you there. Cheers, Wendy

H

Just got my latest issue of Tiki Magazine, the cover looks fabulous. Great job Dawn.

working on this, even though im supposed to be doing about 5 other projects.

Should finish up easily today and mayboe one or two others as well.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-04-25 17:26 ]

Dawn ... was late getting Tiki magazine this time because I had to order it online .... Great cover and nice article ... Glad to see you getting some PR ... you deserve it ...

I see that space needle. Another perfect painting. I'm looking forward to seeing what tigertail777 does with your special fabric. Wendy

preping my hat for Tiki Caliente

todays project pile

getting closer to having this set completed

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-05-08 06:54 ]

New post as of this morning. on Jem n' Tonics blog about MCM art and architecture.
My computer wont let me open the site so I cant read it5. I'm sharing anyway, Im sure its cool.
http://amidstmod.blogspot.com/2013/05/illustrating-past-and-present-2.html

T

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-10-26 09:59 ]

the sound wave thingie is actually a traditional Tongan Tapa pattern, , cept in color. Should I bring my sketchbook to Hukilau?!! I love it when people have specific ideas about a special shirt. its fun and challenging.

( I just got spell checked for the word "thingie")

G
Gwen posted on Wed, May 8, 2013 2:28 PM

I adore those new blue ones. Very, very mid century feel.

Nice Dawn!

Dawn, looking forward to seeing you at TC Saturday afternoon or evening :)

Great work! I love the colors.

Very nice Dawn! See you at TC!!!

YAY, Im super excited so be going to TC. Palm Springs is on my favorites list. cant wait to see you guys.

T

On 2013-05-08 14:23, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Should I bring my sketchbook to Hukilau?!! I love it when people have specific ideas about a special shirt. its fun and challenging.

YES! please do.
And I most always have specific ideas about what I want.
Glad you are good with that.
I am going to have you make my wife and I a special shirt.
Can't wait.

Kon Klassic fabric designed for Tiki Kon. Just finished this shirt last night for someone going to Caliente
( the handbag is mine).

Ditched some other projects because I HAD to see how this idea would turn out.
Acrylic ok canvas ( same gesso d banner canvas I use for the DAWNCRAFT pieces)
made into a Soophista-tiki Togs handbag. If you're going to Caliente or Hukilau I'll have this with me and you can see it in person. As usual pictures don't accurately capture the colors.

Hi Dawn, Dan and I have made it to Palm Springs. We are waiting for the party to begin. I can't wait to see the shirt once you make it for tikiskip. See you soon, Wendy

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2016-01-21 07:33 ]

I have that CD!

I remember seeing them. And I remember wearing shirts like that! (Minus the word Bomboras)

T

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-10-26 09:58 ]

30 new fabrics

Made this just before going to Caliente.
The Bora Bora Bag. ( named by Dirk)

acrylic on canvas, thai silk lining, bamboo handles.

not sure if I posted these yet, ALSO made just before Caliente

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-05-21 22:32 ]

HOLY CRAP DAWN :o You've been busy!!!
Does this make you Spoonflower's most active designer?

H

Dawn, love all the fabric designs and color selections, real nice work.

Awesome

Looks great, Dawn! Can't wait to get mine!

M
mp posted on Wed, May 22, 2013 11:32 PM

Beautiful work again Dawn! Love the Bora Bora bag.

still working like mad to finish up nsome sewing so I can get back to painting. this is a selection of things made since Thursday

T

Wow, each one of these (fabrics, bags, shirts), are amazing. Went looking at all of the fabrics on Spoonflower, can't pick just one. Dawn, are you making shirts now to order?

(edit) Okay, I just went to your Etsy store, got it. :)

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2013-05-25 14:02 ]

You've really worked hard to make up such a great selection of fabric designs. I really liked your hand painted purse you shared with me at Caliente. I hope we see you at Tiki Kon. Wendy

working on my tiki kon plans right now. Still tryimng to find a ride down to portland, and I almost havce my arm twisted into vending. depends on inventory.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies