Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-06-21 06:02 ]

HT

There will be shots of my Tog posted soon. Good job on the tiki kon pattern. I love it, and it looks great on glassware!

Sewing 4 shirts in one day is an incredible feat (plus all that other stuff too)!!! It would take me the rest of my life to sew 4 shirts, keep up the good work :)

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2013-06-21 06:07 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-06-21 06:03 ]

W

Those fabrics are crazy awesome! Love the purses too.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-07-23 14:59 ]

BT

Nice prints:D

My goodness, you've been a busy little tiki-beaver, Dawn!

Gorgeous, as usual.
~kele

tiki kon

W

Drooooool... Such awesome patterns!

working on a ton of projects all at once but this little part is done. tiered pupu platters

Dawns getting all sculptural on us! Nice. Beautiful hydrangeas too.

thank you

P

you're a bad ass....

I like just about everything you make....

Way cool

That's a whole lotta pu pu platters there! :lol: They look awesome. :)

a smattering of the pieces I just spent the last 2 weeks making for an instalation, including the bar. all pieces shown made from 100% scrounged materials.

posted the same pic on Fb at the same time I posted it here. FB 200+ likes and positive feedback comments. TC -1

Thanks Jessie

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-08-18 01:28 ]

Damn! Those turned out awesome Dawn! Love the tiki's, hard to believe they are cardboard tubes. Great stuff! Love the shields too!

Beautiful tikilicousness!
~kele

starting to work on this space for a party

Dawn, I'm amazed at your resourcefulness. You have taken simple materials and made everything look very interesting.

Some projects have no buget so resorcefulness is required. Plus I like making stuff out of cardboard, it makes me feel like my favorite artist working on the set of Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Bazillion projects, whats new,,,
patio screen construction
img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3734/522d0208.jpg[/img]

downstairs bar re done

hand made cards made from old file folders

cushion covers

vintage trays redone with Sophista-tiki decals

thers a few more projects but thats enough for now

BK

Awesome, as always, Dawn. When do you sleep?

Awesome, as always, Dawn. When do you sleep? I second that thought. Wendy

remember the before pictrure from about a week ago?
this is as of today

H
Heath posted on Mon, Sep 9, 2013 10:54 PM

It looks like one of your paintings come to life, definitely a place I would enjoy sitting and relaxing.
Art to be experienced, great job!

T

Inspiring stuff. Love the before and after photos, the tray, the trees, the tikis. I was curious where you were headed with the window screens, wow! Amazing. Killer aesthetic. I admit it, I love it all!

Those windows look awesome Dawn. Actually ALL of it looks awesome!

YAY Dawn!
You are a MACHINE,Darlin!
it looks so Awesome!

There is no stopping Dawn the mighty Tiki machine! I don't know how you get so much done. :)

Spent my birthday day today working on getting my space party ready. getting close. Only part left is to set up the pop up gallery. But the outdoor covered patio is all done.

__

[

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-09-12 18:18 ]

That is beautiful!

and

Happy Birthday

Why are you guys asking Dawn when she sleeps, that's not creepy.......oohhhhhh
looking good!

my pop up gallery

Sweet

Totally recovered from B day week, , and everything that went ionto party prep including a bunch of co0nstruction projects on my house. Now back to previously scheduled projects.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-09-18 11:11 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-09-18 11:13 ]

Boira Bora bag #1/50 finally completed

I've been adding to the handbag inventory for Christmas sales this week, then its onto painting for the Mod Palm Springs show in just a couple of weeks.
In addition to my regular Sophista-tiki Togs cocktail party hand bags, and the Bora Bora hand painted limited edition bag
I now have a new line that falls in the middle. The first design is a globe, Only 10 made, , posted the first pic last night on FB before it was even finished, . as of now 8 available.
Studio time continues to be a pretty even mixture of painting, designing, and sewing.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2013-09-26 11:56 ]

I couldn't resist being your 1,000th reply. Very nice designs and purses. You always do a great job. As a side note we are very grateful that you turned us onto Tiki Kon. We loved it. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-27 10:09 ]

YAY! 1000,,,,,,, and 1

Dawn, the purses look great! And so does everything else you create.

totally monsoning this weekend, time to stay in the studio and paint. Got a few pieces to do for upcoming shows and also trying to add to inventlry for christmas. But first I'll start by finishing up a few pieces that have been kicking around the studio for a while.

T

Everything looks great! Love seeing your fabrics on other materials. I want to choose one (only one???) to use as a wallpaper for part of the new tiki bar at home. The hard part is picking just one! Seeing them on different objects has helped out a lot. Am I "allowed" to order any fabric on spoonflower? (Haven't used it before).

I missed this on TC, but saw your pictures on FB...you are so talented...your place looks awesome!!! You are indeed the Tiki Craft Queen.

Ano, any one can order from spoonflower, any design, in any incarnation, as much or as little as you want.

Thanks Marlene for looking. I appreciate that you also left me a nice comment which poses a question for me,,,,. Its interresting to hear that what I do is seen as merely craft because I dont do crafts. I design stuff then I problem solve its construction and execute the process of making it. Other artists do it all the time without being called crafters. Making mugs is way more of a craft project than anything I do. If I were working in set design doing the exact same thing would that be considered crafting?
Having the ability to problem solve a variety of project ideas ( basically anything I think up) makes me way more of an artist than alot of posers who turn out over priced crappy paintings and have money comming out their butts. Plus dont we have a couple of queens around here already.

You are so right Dawn, "craft" is not a good word for what you do. You are the consummate artist. No offense intended, I love all of your work. Obviously I need to upgrade my vocabulary.

My stuff is "crafts" no great talent in things I make unfortunately.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies