Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Cambridge, UK?

Pages: 1 6 replies

So I know nothing about the UK other than, well, that it's also known as England and/or London (although I don't know the difference between the 3) but my job is going to be sending me there and I'm wondering.... how close is Cambridge UK to that new Tiki bar that opened up? Or any Tiki Bar?

Any info would help!

~Hanford

The UK is made up of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. London is the capital of both England and the UK, but it's a long way from much of the UK. (Kind of like Boston & New England).

You should be able to make it into London from Cambridge for an evening out fairly easily by train. A lot of people commute into London from there. I guess it may be an hour by train? I live in Oxford, so Cambridge is just the place we have boat races against!

Anyway, it's not too far from where the action is, and I'm sure if you'd like to meet up the UK Tiki-philes would be happy to show you our two humble Tiki Bars!

Trader Woody

TC

i'm definitely game for tiki action if you make it to london!

also hanford, if you do come to london, you're welcome to stop in at my place for a drink or to ponder the wonder of our tiki bathroom.

chris
[email protected]

Thanks Chris!

I don't know when I'll be in as the job it shifting the dates around but it looks like this week.... I'll email you when I'm there. I don't know how much free time I'll have though...

~Hanford

T
thejab posted on Mon, May 6, 2002 3:42 PM

tikichris wrote:
"also hanford, if you do come to london, you're welcome to stop in at my place for a drink or to ponder the wonder of our tiki bathroom."

Maybe you should be sending a private message if you're inviting people to check out your bathroom! :wink:

rats -- if it's this week it's unlikely (and next week definite) that I'll be able to join you guys as I'm off to Spain on Friday and hacking like a maniac to get prepared in the meantime. Shame, it would have been great to meet you, Hanford. You'll just have to come over again!

Hope you're looking forward to our special weather, by the way -- we got lots of it for you this week...

While in Cambridge, don't forget to check out some of the local pubs, go punting on the river Cam, and have a jug of Pimms.

Have fun!
Trader Woody

Pages: 1 6 replies