Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

coco joes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 303 replies

Time for another new additions to the collection update :

Still averaging a little over one new one a week.

Pendants grouped L-R, Unmarked Hawaiian Eye, Polyart, Lava ray, Coco Joe's, HIP

Coco Joe's

Large HIP

HIP composites

HIP

Polyart

Mixed Heads

Schirman, pied Piper, Holokehaa(sp)

Island arts

Guams

United Airlines, BIP? thermometer, and unmarked ashtray

Copy

New Zealand maori resins: gateway tours, Alan Davey, unmarked

Alan Davey

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2013-08-01 00:25 ]

S

This newest batch is some of my favorites!

When you decide to sell that tiki with the clock in its stomach think of me!

Also...damn I should of bought that bracelet for myself now that I see it again :wink:

A

Coco Joes = nice :)

I enjoyed this thread :)

I'm thinking of ordering some from the US as I haven't seen anyway in the UK - what sort of price range would you guys pick them up for?

Postage could make them expensive!

B

I got a handful of CoCo Joe's for bits of decoration. I'm wondering about the center tiki in the image below. (recycled from earlier in the thread) I'm using this one as the centerpiece of a miniature tiki diorama. Does anyone know the origin of the carving this tiki is based on, and does anyone know if it had a label on the back and what the title and story on the label is? Thanks!

On 2007-04-17 15:23, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

I thought I would post this cool newer Coco Joe’s piece depicting one of the Hawaiian ki’i carvings at Pu'uhonua o Honaunau (City of Refuge) on the Big Island. I love when I see a Coco Joe’s that resembles an actual known ki’i carving. I purchased him at the International Marketplace in Waikiki back in 2012 which makes his cool factor even higher. He measures 10” tall. I have never seen him before or since.

At the urging of BigBro, I picked up this nice Coco Joes "Lono Worship" wall plaque at the last International Tiki Market Place. A real beauty.

DC

Dusty- wait, that's not made of paper
:)

I have that same piece
One of my favorite

My 3 wall plaques

A

No doubt already covered, but anyway I took these pics of a couple items today.

-Randy

S

Love that last piece.

This one page alone holds so many items I've not seen in 23 years of collecting. Wow. Wendy

Hello!! First post. Guess I’m a little late to the party.. Well this forum is an amazing place for me to learn about collecting tikis! A month ago I got my first piece. Been searching ever since. Noobie question warning. I wanted the next piece for my collection to be a black lava piece. Been seeing a lot of possible fakes. Any tips on being sure to get a genuine Hawaiian coco Joe’s lava piece? Thanks for any insight and glad to have found this great place!!

IMG_9571IMG_9572IMG_9573

WC

Welcome aboard. Your first post is stellar. Your bottle opener is out of sight. In fact it's double good because it's a useful Tiki. That doesn't happen often.

Will Carve

Thanks! So true.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 303 replies