Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Incredible Tiki bar footage - Free! Online!

Pages: 1 12 replies

OK, I know that this has already been posted under the Brit-tiki line, but this footage is so amazing that it need to be announced in a place where people without an interest in Tiki in the UK should see it.

Like Tangaroa said, this is prime film of Tiki bars right in their prime. The quality only surpassed by the tapes that BigBro is selling.

Hey, it's free, too!

Here's the link:
http://www.britishpathe.com/product_display.cfm?searchfilm=beachcomber#

Trader Woody

NB:
Currently they are getting a little overloaded because there's so much cool stuff available, so try again later if there's a problem.

Also, the ones you want to go for are the 'Crocodile Bar' & Butlins Beachcomber (Skegness)

Trader Woody

Just a few tasters:
From "OUT TAKES / CUTS FROM CP 672 - HAWAII"

From "1178.04 | EDDIE PEABODY AND HIS BEACHCOMBERS"

From "SOUTH SEA BARBER"

From "301.10 | OUT TAKES / CUTS FROM CP 512 - BEACHCOMBER BAR, DYMCHURCH PIRATES, WATER"

There's so much footage of the Pacific Islands, too.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2002-11-28 14:50 ]

S
samoa posted on Thu, Nov 28, 2002 5:45 PM

thanks for the out takes woody

T

Nice! You know - they offer these films on VHS. Maybe some of us should go in together & order some & distribute to the group?
Since it would come from the UK, it will most likely be in PAL - but dumping to NTSC shouldn't be too much trouble.....

I'm with you Tangaroa. The cost is quite high for the transfer of one film to VHS - $27. But it goes down to about $15 per film if you get 7 or more. The length of the films differ dramatically from a couple of minutes to over an hour. I can make PAL copies over this side, so if there's anyone interested, perhaps we can pitch in and get this great stuff distributed.

Trader Woody

J

I am in for a hard copy of these clips! Let me know what I can do to make this happen!

:drink:

T

Count me in - the only catch is that I'm tapped out financially until after Christmas! Also - I'm after vsome of that Disneyland footage....!

T

Anyone still interested in doing this as a group project? I.e. - everyone who pays in, gets a copy?
I'm not set up for DVD transfer yet - maybe someone else here is?

I'm in for sure !! I have been working on a similar project, collecting clips from US TV shows/pictures etc.
Having some UK-Tiki counterparts would be the bomb (as they say here)
I can transfer vhs to dvd, if you need...it would have to be NTSC though. Alternatively, I could receive a Pal VHS tape- with all the clips- transfer it to NTSC and put it on DVD - we may lose some quality that way, but it's better than none, right ?
That DVD could then be available to subscibers(?)

V

I would be interesting in having :

• a pal tape, or,
  • a DVD (zone 1,2...)

And maybe I could try to put the Pal Tape to DVD, but I would have to make it multizone DVD...

That's an interesting twist.
I have a multi-zone DVD player and may be able to make NTSC copies (vhs and dvd) from your zone 1 dvd

I'm in.

Pages: 1 12 replies