Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Mai Tai Pictures

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 258 replies

Its sold in italy, but shipped worldwide, unfortunately its a very pricey rum, but oh...so good..:

http://www.r2mshop.com/elenco.asp?marca=768&imageField11.x=9&imageField11.y=12&codCAT=18&tipologia=0&denominazione=0&prezzo=0

Here's a Mai Tai I made as close as I could to Jeff Berry's Hundred Dollar Mai Tai (couldn't find the right curacao but used my own homemade demerara syrup)

Does it look ok? :)

T

It looks GREAT! How does it taste?

(I) used my own homemade demerara syrup)

Tell us more of this demerara syrup you speak of. Is it just demerara sugar and water?

On 2008-06-16 09:42, Jason Wickedly wrote:

(I) used my own homemade demerara syrup)

Tell us more of this demerara syrup you speak of. Is it just demerara sugar and water?

It's just a fancy name for raw cane sugar. but yes it's just simple syrup made with raw cane sugar and water. The syrup will have a darker color than regular simple syrup but I think it tastes better.

And it tasted wonderful. Can't wait to have another. Heh.

Can't wait to have another. Heh.

That`s what Mai Tais does to you...and yours look very tasty!

It took me 6 months but here are another 12 Mai Tai’s ~

Clockwise from upper left ~ The Mai-Kai, Dukes - Malibu, The Puka Bar, The Purple Orchid, Tony’s on the Pier, The Warehouse, Benihana - Torrance, Twin Dragon - L.A., Hop Louie - Chinatown L.A., Fu’s Palace, The Mikado - Studio City and the Elephant Bar in Burbank. Whew!

T

Damn! That's quite an accomplishment!

Nice pictures too - I give it an "A" for effort!

Thanks Tikigap,

There's only a few more places in Los Angeles serving Mai Tai's that I need to try, after that I guess I'll have to leave town to search for some new ones. I'll let you know when I get close to Arlington. :)

On 2008-06-19 21:38, Bora Boris wrote:
Clockwise from upper left ~ The Mai-Kai, Dukes - Malibu, The Puka Bar, The Purple Orchid, Tony’s on the Pier, The Warehouse, Benihana - Torrance, Twin Dragon - L.A., Hop Louie - Chinatown L.A., Fu’s Palace, The Mikado - Studio City and the Elephant Bar in Burbank. Whew!

The Mai Kai looks like the best of this bunch.

T

A Mai Tai from the Tahitian Lounge in the Waldorf Hotel, in Vancouver, BC (Taken June 23, 2008). Not too bad of a mai tai, all in all (for Vancouver, with no other Tiki anywhere).

Thanks TabooDan for tellin' me about the Tahitian Lounge (check out my other pictures in the Locating Tiki section.

"Traitor" Vics in Vegas. Sitting on the outside patio with a view of Ceaser's Palace in the background.

Hi all!!

I'm from sweden and I love The Mai Tai!
Found this site when googling this fine drink. I took a bartender course at the European Bartenderschool here in Stockholm. They made a nice tasty Mai Tai but nothing like the one Victor Bergerton supposedly invented 1944. Heres a picture from last saturday when I hade some friends over for dinner.. hade no mint spring so I hade to improvise... enjoy

Magnus aka "Traitor Dick"

On 2008-07-21 09:55, Traitor Dick wrote:
Hi all!!

I'm from sweden and I love The Mai Tai!
Found this site when googling this fine drink. I took a bartender course at the European Bartenderschool here in Stockholm. They made a nice tasty Mai Tai but nothing like the one Victor Bergerton supposedly invented 1944. Heres a picture from last saturday when I hade some friends over for dinner.. hade no mint spring so I hade to improvise... enjoy

Welcome to TC Magnus! Your Mai Tais look excellent, they look almost exactly like they serve them at Trader Vic's. Now I'm thirsty and four more hours to go at work.

One of my mai tais in las week's tiki party at home.

Welcome to TC Magnus! Your Mai Tais look excellent, they look almost exactly like they serve them at Trader Vic's. Now I'm thirsty and four more hours to go at work.

Thank's man, Hope your after work Mai Tai tasted excellent!! :)

BastardoSaffrin: Nice one!! Look awesome, very pretty!

T

Hey Boris...

How is that Twin Dragon place ? I've wanted toi eat there, but haven't tried it yet.

On 2008-07-24 09:26, tikiyaki wrote:
Hey Boris...

How is that Twin Dragon place ? I've wanted toi eat there, but haven't tried it yet.

It's good, I'd say it was the best Chinese Food in that part of town.

On 2008-07-24 10:04, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2008-07-24 09:26, tikiyaki wrote:
Hey Boris...

It's good, I'd say it was the best Chinese Food in that part of town.

Better than Wan Q (Fu's Palace) ? (sorry, I prefer to call it Wan Q :)

I would say so, better drinks at the Twin Dragon but friendlier staff at Fu's or Wan Q.

You'll have to check it out and let us know what you think.

I was "Motivated" today......
By request updated pics of "Traitor" Vics MaiTai, Vegas Baby!

On 2008-07-24 14:22, Bohemiann wrote:
I was "Motivated" today......
By request updated pics of "Traitor" Vics MaiTai, Vegas Baby!

I like the third one best.

Perfect for e-mailing to friends you're about to visit to make sure they know how to prepare for your arrival. 8)

R

Here's one from Emeryville, TV back in April 2008:

and here's a pair of them! Am fond of the recipe's reflection in the knife.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2008 3:00 PM

Ole !

From the south of Spain...

Z

Hi All,

I've been M.I.A for a while, but this is a great post. This picture was taken in Maui at the "Feast of Lele" It was one of the most expensive luau I've been to, but it is so worth every penny.

This was the MaiTai they served us prior the show.

This was the fire knife show later that night.

The Monitors

[ Edited by: The Monitors 2008-08-07 23:30 ]

[ Edited by: The Monitors 2008-08-07 23:32 ]

RB

VERY NICE! And I echo your opinion on the luau...expensive but worth it.

heres the first mai tai ive ever made. it was with TV mai tai mix but it was still pretty good. im slowly building up my drink mixing supplies. :)

T

WOW! I never thought this thread would get so much traffic!

Here's my Wahini with a special Mai Tai from Shanghai Village in Bethesda, Maryland.

Any Mai Tai you can get from this place in suburban Washington DC, is TV style top-notch.
They are magnificent.

[ Edited by: tikigap 2008-09-18 06:00 ]

O

Mai Tai at the Tiki Ti in Hollywood

[ Edited by: ojaitimo 2008-09-24 11:48 ]

T

How was the Tiki Ti mai tai? It looks way too red!

Labor day weekend 2008

I was behind my portable tiki bar and I was providing refreshments at a little reunion I go to every year. I was in mass production mode this year and we mixed about 100 of Beachbum Berrys Hundred Dollar Mai Tais.

Every one of them looked great and tasted even better.
If you have not tried one, you have not had the perfect Mai Tai yet.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2008-09-22 14:43 ]

On 2008-09-18 16:47, tikigap wrote:
How was the Tiki Ti mai tai? It looks way too red!

Actually this was the first one. It was a little red not from grenadine but red passion mix. The second one was spot on , I asked for an original version.
This one tasted good too but I prefer the original version which they make great if you ask them. I didn't get a picture of the second one, next time I will.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-09-24 11:52 ]

A

At the Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge, made with Cruzan Blackstrap:

From the South Pacific in Newton, MA

Was that the mai tai you had to steal from the other table, Granite?

O

Canyon Club Mai Tai

English Beat

I made myself a very special Mai Tai tonight...!

No reason whatsoever!

T

Good lookin' drink! That's pretty close to how I think they are supposed to look... it could be a bit darker - but that may be the light...

[ Edited by: tikigap 2008-12-07 18:14 ]

S

My first real mai tai

Made with 2 oz of Appletons Extra Reserve. Much tarter than I expected, and the rum really came forward more than I usually like. Having said that, it is a remarkably well balanced drink. The rum flavor shines through, while the other ingredients temper the fire a bit. My first one I used an entire lime, and it sort of overpowered the rest of the ingredients. The second one I measured out 1 1/2 oz (per the Grog log) and I could taste the rest of the ingredients. Lovely drink, and definitely a regular in the rotation!!!

UT

Made a few Mai Tais last night. Due to a winter storm and 12" of snow I didn't want bust out the 4 x 4 and go for the garnish. Kinda hard to see the drink in the glass but it didn't last long anyway.

Ahhh... Emeryville.

And... my personal Mai-Tai set up in the kitchen. Pardon the mess... we had just moved in. Not the traditional Mai-Tai glass, for sure, but I like to whip up a double in the Conga Room mug... fits perfecty.

[ Edited by: CucamongaChango 2008-12-07 13:22 ]

BK

Hey, Cuca! That is one state of the art ice crusher ya got there!

:D

I find it makes the best crushed ice for Tiki drinks. Lots of different sizes, keeps everything nice and cool.
My blender just turns everything into a snowcone.
Any suggestions on a good blender that actually chunks the ice instead of reducing it to snow?

I
iTiki posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 2:39 PM

On 2008-12-07 21:25, CucamongaChango wrote:

I find it makes the best crushed ice for Tiki drinks. Lots of different sizes, keeps everything nice and cool.
Any suggestions on a good blender that actually chunks the ice instead of reducing it to snow?

Use an ICE CRUSHER, not a blender. Waring makes a "pro" model that is about $80. There are cheaper ones, but not sure how they will hold up in the long run. Good ice really make a difference...at least to me.

Mike

On 2008-12-08 14:39, iTiki wrote:

Use an ICE CRUSHER, not a blender. Waring makes a "pro" model that is about $80. There are cheaper ones, but not sure how they will hold up in the long run. Good ice really make a difference...at least to me.

Mike

EBAY!!!! You can find vintage ice-o-matics for under $15 (if you can deal with pea soup green). They are awesome. Besides every house needs a wall mounted ice crusher.

[ Edited by: jingleheimerschmidt 2008-12-08 14:54 ]

I
iTiki posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 3:46 PM

On 2008-12-08 14:53, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:

On 2008-12-08 14:39, iTiki wrote:

Mike

EBAY!!!! You can find vintage ice-o-matics for under $15 (if you can deal with pea soup green). They are awesome. Besides every house needs a wall mounted ice crusher.

[ Edited by: jingleheimerschmidt 2008-12-08 14:54 ]

Your right. I forgot about those. They are "cool", too.

Thanks for the heads up... I'll start the search this week!
It's gonna be hard to give up the hammer, though.

I
iTiki posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2008 5:48 PM

On 2008-12-08 22:28, CucamongaChango wrote:
Thanks for the heads up... I'll start the search this week!
It's gonna be hard to give up the hammer, though.

Yeah, I've had a couple of good hammers myself......Oops, wrong forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 258 replies