Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Point Break Surfin' Tiki Club, Redondo Beach, CA (bar)

Pages: 1 12 replies

B

Name:Point Break Surfin' Tiki Club
Type:bar
Street:514 N. Pacific Coast Highway
City:Redondo Beach
State:CA
Zip:90277
Phone:310 376 7765

Description:
Cozy, carefully put together lounge. Good quaility art and decor.

WoooHoooo! Check this website out for more info http://www.pointbreakbarandgrill.com

TP

Nothing sez tiki more than professional pole dancing lessons...:)

Point Break is a cool place. Chris is a great guy and I have done some decor for him there, 9.5 foot tiki as well as other stuff. I've heard rumors of a pole ther.?!*75&

We are having our Grand Opening Luau June 30th, come and join us, great specials all weekend long....see you there....dress in your best Hawaiian Shirts.

[ Edited by: Point Break Surfin Tiki 2006-06-29 12:49 ]

July 28th is Pirate Day at Point Break, come and join us for specials all day...be the best Pirate in town and win a cash prize.

http://www.pointbreakbarandgrill.com

Pirate Day has been postponed until August, the exact day will be announced, I will post it in California events then....thanks for the tip.

[ Edited by: Point Break Surfin Tiki 2006-07-25 10:30 ]

You should post this in California events.
That way more people might read it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just drove by this evening....the building has been painted brown, tikis gone from out front, murals gone, nautical decor gone from the back....is it still point break?

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2007-01-21 21:14 ]

I heard from a friend that they had closed down.
Im not sure but I did stop in there one day for a beer.
Not super cool tiki bar, but good enuff to have surf bands play there, as it had
as much surf decore as tiki . Too bad if it is closed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I got's the skinny on this, will fill in later.

TS

The location has been acquired and is now called "Gr0G"....I passed by today and asked a few questions, and the lady i spoke with said it is going to be a combination of tiki and lounge....I'm thinking maybe a neo tiki ultra lounge. Anyhow the building has been repainted in a brown with a light brown familiar lettering...They have used the same lettering of the Enchanted Tiki Room. I'll try to pass info and a few pics as soon as they are officially done decorating...We shall see.....

MA

"Dittoing" [is that a word?]Tom Slicks notes on this. Went by today, peeked in the rear porthole window. Dark, but looked like they have removed the "booth deal" a bit & it made some more room in there. Hey, BTW, as some of you know my "Agents of Voodoo" Tiki band [ http://www.agentsofvoodoo.com ] is playing on Sat. the 17th of this mo.[Feb!] at "Paulies Upper Deck". Well, hell!, thats just around the corner [like a few hundred yards!] from Point Break/GROG!! So, Cmon down Tom!! Everyone else too. Cant wait to play at THIS place when it opens back up too!! Remy

MA

Hey, I posted a new deal on here for "GROG" cuz they are now open. So "Point Break" is officially KASPLAT! Anywho, I met w/ "Weslie", who works there. She was nice enough to put up with me asking "Qs" about tings. So heres wat I know. They had a "soft" opening bout 2 weeks ago. Grand opening in bout a month. They have re-applied to have live music in there again. [I bet you'll be seein the Agents of VooDoo there!] Aint tried the food or drink. Hey, Tom Slick, maybe you can go by & give the grog a slurp & let us know if its cool or not. This place is a stones throw from "Paulies Upper Deck" where we are playing Sat. night. So cmon down, try the grog & slide around the corner to Paulies & hear some Agent groove!! Remy

"You have the right to chant...use it"

[ Edited by: Mouse Art 2007-02-16 17:58 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies