Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge

Pages: 1 32 replies

For Seattle-area locals who cannot get enough of the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge and the mysterious Pond Of Voodoo during the Seattle Tiki Home Tour, please note that Pete's Annual August Party will be taking place the following Saturday, 8/12/2006, as usual. I'd very much like to see other tiki fans who might not be able to make the crawl weekend. As usual, the host accepts no responsibility for the actions of guests under the influence of Voodoo Punch.

More:
Party Rules & Details
Party E-vite
Enter the Voodoo Lounge

W

I will be there, but I warn yuh: I'm comin' with an agenda: To take out my revenge on the Voodoo Punch fer killin' so many of my brain cells last year.

Fer those interested I'd guess the Voodoo Punch recipe must be somethin' like this:

20 pounds of ice
5 gallons of fruit juices
1 case of various rums
1 1/2 buckets of Pure Evil

Pour all ingredients into a well chilled cauldron, mix with the Devil's pitchfork.

We will probably arrive very late, I'll have one drink and then
fall asleep on the couch, (please reserve couch for me) while the Mrs. does here usual shopping for new tiki mugs and other cool trinkets to add to our collection. Are white pants allowed? Looking forward to the Jimmy Buffet tunes!!

W

"We will probably arrive very late, I'll have one drink and then
fall asleep on the couch, (please reserve couch for me)...
" -tiki-riviera-

Mr Riviera: This is the thread fer Monkeyskull's 2006 party. You seem to be recallin' the 2005 party. Maybe yuh oughtta mix it up a bit and fall asleep somewhere else this year. Get wild.

On 2006-07-02 09:26, tiki-riviera wrote:

Looking forward to the Jimmy Buffet tunes!!

Then you better have your wife return all those CDs she took last year. (And bring back my "The Complete TJ Hooker" videotape set while you're at it!)

Bump...

D

we'll be there.. with snackies!

and a big purse..

S

I dunno, two weekends in a row that include
the voodoo punch... lordy lordy lordy.

Duh, I'll be there. I want Dogbytes snacks!!!
Pea

W

This event is the rum soaked carrot at the end of my work week!

D

i'm heating up the bbq chicken..and we'll be on our way to the voodoo lounge in a little while!

S

I'll be leaving in a few!
Can only stay for an hour, caue I gotta hi-tail it
back to the WEst Side YO, Luna Park is sponsering Grease
tonight up at the outdoor movies. I'm Sandra Dee (go figure.)
Then back up to go ole Ballard to go see Dave Alvin.
sheeesh.
I'm tired just thinkin' bout it.
See y'all sooooon!
Pea

S

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Dogbytes bbq chicken sammiches
RULE!!!!!

hokey smokes, that was a fun party!

incriminating photos to follow, once i figure out the new image loading system.

E

How is it possible that I feel like I have a hangover today when I had NO alcohol at all last night? It's the Curse of the Voodoo Punch. I was standing near it and it crept into and penetrated my bloodstream I bet. Just a theory.

Thanks to Monkeyskull for yet another great ITD bash! It was fun seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well.

Some interesting things were unearthed throughout the night but one of the better ones was this:

Mr. Dogbytes can substitute for Monkeyskull if Monkeyskull has had too much to drink and has passed out (not that that would EVER happen).

My burning questions:

Did anyone ever see any shooting stars? (Perseid Showers)

Did Monkeyskull pass out?

Are the no-longer-Voodoo-Virgins suffering today? (Two gals that Monkeyskull works with)

Did Poi Pupu (close enough) surrender and run a Voodoo Punch IV through his arm? (He goes waaay back with the Voodoo Punch, but when I left it appeared the Punch was winning)

Did Jim return to another year of Solitude in ______ ? (I can't expose the details, but let's just say I'm in the know)

Why is Sweetpea so hard to find?

Did Terrence ever get anyone to dance?

Does Monica want my shoes?

Why did Woofmutt and Sparky REALLY have to leave so early? Is anyone buying the airport story?

And finally...what happened after I left?

p.s. DOGBYTES: "incriminating photos to follow, once i figure out the new image loading system"

I am praying that you NEVER figure it out! All rumours are FALSE! Thanks for the BBQ Chicken Sandwich to go! :wink:

The host of the Voodoo Lounge party would never "pass out." Occasionally, he goes to sleep very quickly.

Thanks all for a grand time.

P.S. Any photos that show up more than 24 hours later are obviously retouched.

Monkeyskull gets a Hostess Gift ~ look at that UnTiki Gift Wrap.

Nordic Tiki

Dogs & Cats, living together (well, not so much since the Final Decree.. but Woofmutt and Exoticat remain civil, in general)

Lopaka and Puamana

The Pineapples
Get a room, already!

Mrs Riviera caught red-handed

The Bytes'

Exoticat chums up to Terance Gunn

Dont taunt Happy Fun Ball
unable to find cups, Puamana helps Mrs Pineapple dispense Mai Tai directly

and now, Exoticat's kanoodling behind the barwith Mr Bytes.
i took the picture as evidence for my "he needed killing" defense strategy.

Tiki-bot and T-Bone (they sit alphabetically in homeroom}

Monkeyskull and Puamana wear white only before Labor Day

what is this i spy with my bloodshot eyes?

i am reviled at the sight of UnTiki Owl Mug amongst Monkeyskull's Massive Collection of Munktiki

however Sticky-Fingers Riviera liked it enough to lift

Mrs Riviera, Mrs Pineapple, TikiBot and Mr Bytes

and whats this? Exoticat moving in on Monkeyskull?

things were going well, then Woof and the former Mizzus blanch
when he arrives

this is Ivan. NO he's not a Furry, i asked (my bad)! He's in Tiger Print from head to toe..and he knows how this drives Woofmutt crazy! yet he persists...

Selector Lopaka loves Shecky..perhaps a bit too much {photo deleted per request of Mrs Lopaka "too creepy"}

Special Guest of Honor ~ Thing ~ helped himself to the buffet

Did anyone ever see any shooting stars? no, but Russell's Fez has blinking eyes (those are cupcake ice-cream cones i made.)

Did Monkeyskull pass out? Still standing

***Are the no-longer-Voodoo-Virgins suffering today?***Terry (VP WaMu)suffers everyday she works with The Skull

Did Poi Pupu surrender and run a Voodoo Punch IV through his arm? WaMu VPs NEVER Surrender.

other friends of Monkeyskull's, all WaMu Vice Presidents. actually anyone Pete knows that's not in TC, is indeed, a WaMu VP. cept Poi, he's both.

Why is Sweetpea so hard to find? no photos..i think shes in the witness relocation program.

Did Terrence ever get anyone to dance? nope, the cheese stands alone

Why did Woofmutt and Sparky REALLY have to leave so early? Is anyone buying the airport story? of course not, notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat.

what happened after I left? Lopaka snacks and awaits instructions from the MotherShip
and the Fez Folks beam down

E

ha ha haaa that was damn funny, great job dogbytes!

I now have some deep regrets:

• That I didn't spend more time with Sticky-Fingers Riviera. Must learn from the Master. All I went home with was a Tiki Magazine.

• That I didn't meet IVAN (and we were actually on our way to find him and got distracted) regret regret regret

• That I didn't make an appropriate Fez

• That I didn't tell Terrance that he should "Dance like no one was watching" (but Dogbytes would secretly be hiding with her camera)

• That I didn't wait for the Mothership as transportation home (the 2 hour route I had wasn't that fun)

• That I didn't realize that some people over 40 need to work out! I think Dogbytes added 20+ pounds to all my photos when she retouched them (tsk tsk :nono badgirl!)

• That I didn't get a shot of Dogbytes when she was flashing people (yes, she was!)

• And lastly, that I didn't investigate that Happy Fun Ball pump!

I'm sure the rest of you have regrets too. :)

Oh, and I only have two photos so far:

Shot of Monkeyskull's Garden revamped for a CD cover:

and here I am on the ferry over, oblivious to all that is in my future:

Can't wait for the Tiki Now night(s)!!! Let me know now if I need a fez or something special.

Did Terrence ever get anyone to dance? nope, the cheese stands alone [img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/9/44e0b17d.jpg

That's 'The Big Cheese', to you. And my name is spelled 'Terence', not 'Terance' or 'Terrence'. And I wasn't alone: I had Monkeyskull's dehydrated miniature pineapple to keep me company (though it's conversation was a bit on the dry side). Anyway, was I supposed to get anyone to dance? I played music purely for background.

In any case, that comment is pure vengeful liable, as shortly after the sun went down, Mr. and Mrs. dogbytes did a rather embarrassing break dance routine to Martin Denny's 'Quiet Village'.

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2006-08-14 15:47 ]

E

Strategy I've developed for getting my way with unsuspecting men.

Photo by event photographer, Dogbytes

WOW! This was my 4th favorite international tiki day party ever! The
rum scented midori martini's packed quite a punch. After three of those
I could barely stand, and the strobe light reflecting off of the disco
ball hypnotized me into a trance that ended with me polluting the water
of the fountain of voodoo (a skimming net ahould remove the large chunks).
Hey, I want to apologize to big Norman Klumpowski, when I said that B of A
rules and WaMu is for idiot fools, that was the midori martini's talking.
You party people are the best, and whoever it was that shaved "Premiere Tool"
in my back hair when I passed out, good one! ...

Wow, great pics Dogbytes -- thanks for posting them. But geez, it just figures that when I finally get the goods on Ms. Tiki-Riviera it would be the same night that she and I finally ---- um, I'll have to tell you this one on a forum Mr. Riviera doesn't read.

Oh yes, and regardless of how wonderful the evening was, I want my Steve Crane Munktiki Ape Severed Owl Head mug back. I paid Woofmutt a fortune for that.

On 2006-08-13 21:25, monkeyskull wrote:
The host of the Voodoo Lounge party would never "pass out." Occasionally, he goes to sleep very quickly.

Sure, and that's not a pool of your own sick that you find around your head after your spontaneous sleeping fits; it's actually just a warm, orange, chunky, liquid pillow.

Poi Polloi (not "Pupu." What's wrong with you people?)

Just in case anyone thinks people are exaggerating about the horrible dangers of Voodoo Punch...

Lawyers, MBAs, and their ilk:

The infamous TikiShakers:

W

I want my Steve Crane Munktiki Ape Severed Owl Head mug back. I paid Woofmutt a fortune for that.
-monkeyskull-

Well, monkeyskull, hardly a fortune...But certainly a price that reflects the rarity of the only owl mug Crane ever made, which is why none of the rest of you have ever heard of the mug. So stop tellin' monkeyskull he "got took".

*I think Dogbytes added 20+ pounds to all my photos when she retouched them *
-Exoticat-

I have to agree with Exoticat...I think it's just the princess personality of
Mrs Bytes that wants to make all of us svelte and elegant swells look so...Common.

We should get her back at the next event. However, with our common minds, I'm not feeling hopeful that we can come up with a decent plan. Perhaps we need to turn to New Linearism? Maybe an emergency meeting at Monkeyskull's is in order. With rum. I'm heading out of town soon, but maybe when I get back?

IT RETURNS.......... Must... have.... Voodoo punch!

It's the International Tiki Day August Party in the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge!
This Saturday, 7:00pm, 926 N. 93rd St., Seattle.

Everything you need to know -- and you must know -- lies here:

It is with much sadness that due to a botched cuticle adjustment procedure,
I will be unable to attend the festivities this year. Although my absence
may reduce the bemusement factor for some, at least no one will have to endure
me drunkenly drooling in the Voodoo punch bowl like last year. Actually
I don't think anyone noticed, because I slowly backed away as if nothing happened,
and casually resumed my nap on the sofa.

D

swell ~ a year has passed, and the restraining order, i'm pretty sure, has expired. hopefully my muu muu will hide the SCRAM ankle braclet i'm "voluntarily" wearing. see you saturday!

S

Pea and friends after voodoo punch!

What I will probably miss most about the party this year is the skills competition.
Pictured is last years gold medal winner. Woofmut won silver and dogbytes the bronze.
Dang it, I been practicing and everything....

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera 2007-08-08 22:49 ]

S

coolio! Can't wait to see the long uncut version. hhehhehehe
Although, I was a good girl this year, only ONE voodoo punch. It was hard to stay away, but after I saw sleeping beauty in the living room, I'm glad I limited myself!
Pea

Pages: 1 32 replies