Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

Hi All, I just finally got photo's of the yard with the water fall done. We have worked on the whole space for 2 years now. Our next project that I want to work on what is currently the Vollyball court next. It seems that although most people like Vollyball, most want to Drink and watch the game, not play a game.....lol My choice as well.

So, the vollyball court will go eventually. Just wanted to share with everyone our tiki yard.This site has given me renewed passion for tiki, or maybe up'd the passion is a better term :) Thank you all for that.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-11-07 16:24 ]

You have an amazing yard, thank you for sharing the pictures!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your volleyball court.

Way Cool! I am extremely jealous of the waterfall....

Until you actually get to the Volleyball area, you can just drop the net and do limbo instead..... :wink:

M

I've been to Amy's house and her yard is amazing! She's got a ton of Tikis (two giant ones that shoot fire out of the top!), a Tiki "Mai Tai" fountain and a bunch more. Amy, how about photos of your converted Tiki Lounge carport?!?
Holden

On 2006-07-05 14:55, smogbreather wrote:
I've been to Amy's house and her yard is amazing! She's got a ton of Tikis (two giant ones that shoot fire out of the top!), a Tiki "Mai Tai" fountain and a bunch more. Amy, how about photos of your converted Tiki Lounge carport?!?
Holden

thanks Holden, forgot the firebreathers, they are iron, and fire comes out the tops of the heads....thanks Chip and Andy and tikiwahine for the kind words, much appreciated

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-07-05 14:59 ]

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-07-06 10:12 ]

G

Hills! You've got hills! I'd love to have hills like that in my backyard, but alas, Florida is flat. Beautiful backyard you have. Love the iron fire-breathing tikis. Where did you find those? Do you have any night pics of them with fire? Fire and water make a great combination in a landscape.

On 2006-07-05 15:30, GatorRob wrote:
Hills! You've got hills! I'd love to have hills like that in my backyard, but alas, Florida is flat. Beautiful backyard you have. Love the iron fire-breathing tikis. Where did you find those? Do you have any night pics of them with fire? Fire and water make a great combination in a landscape.

Thanks rob, The firebreathers were made for me. I saw a picture a friend showed me of something that looked like it. I showed the picture to my landscaper and he knew a welder who could make them. They have tanks in the basehere is the only nite shot I have...

WooHoooo! Wow, what a Tiki Paradise!!

Did you do anything special to stabilize the sandy area?

Dean

On 2006-07-06 13:54, Blue Thunder wrote:
Did you do anything special to stabilize the sandy area?

Dean

Hi Dean,

On all the Sandy area, other then the volleyball court, I used crushed granite, its reasonable, hardens fast and makes everything look neat, comes in colors too. The volleyball court is just beach sand 5 inches worth

Amy

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 6, 2006 8:58 PM

Awesome yard! Love it, looks like a tiki resort...

drools onto keyboard at work, gets funny looks from the boss...

Forgive my ingorance, but what are those Dorito looking sun shades suspended over portions of the area and where would you suggest looking for them?

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 3:33 AM

Like being in Bali. Beautiful indeed. Thanks for sharing.

M

Nice yard. In that last photo... was someone naked on a rock?

On 2006-07-07 14:57, MTKahuna wrote:
Nice yard. In that last photo... was someone naked on a rock?

LOL....... no that's a wrought iron mermaid, she sits at the top of the water falls. Your right though, it does look like that

Amy

That looks great Amy, those firebreathers and the waterfall are amazing. You've created a lovely oasis ripe for Mai Tai sipping.

cheeky half

On 2006-07-07 16:49, cheeky half wrote:
That looks great Amy, those firebreathers and the waterfall are amazing. You've created a lovely oasis ripe for Mai Tai sipping.

cheeky half

thank you Cheeky H, much appreciated

Amy

My curiosity is running wild as to what is going to happen to this volleyball court.

H

On 2006-07-07 22:13, RevBambooBen wrote:

My curiosity is running wild as to what is going to happen to this volleyball court.

Perhaps it could be converted into a quicksand pit. Just think of the surprised looks it will cause! Great party entertainment.

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Jul 9, 2006 5:44 PM

ALOHA!!!
HEY BAMBOO CLAN!!! It was great to meet you a few weeks ago in Waikiki!!! I am looking forward to seeing what this becomes as well!! Maybe a drink machine in the center??????

~~ THOR

On 2006-07-06 21:39, Eleio the fleet wrote:
Forgive my ingorance, but what are those Dorito looking sun shades suspended over portions of the area and where would you suggest looking for them?

sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of town. The shades are called sail shades, there are many places on the web that sells them, you can even find them on ebay. They are very good, block a lot of heat.

Amy

Recently learned the photoshop program. Have a lot of spare time being that tiki is not hip anymore.

This is what I think would cool in your Volly Ball court...

Maybe put a bar in the corner and some couches and lounge chairs too. And, a lot of Freaky Tiki Art here and there...

....just an idea.

T

Come on Ben, show us the goods !!!!

On 2006-09-11 18:59, TikiLaLe wrote:
Come on Ben, show us the goods !!!!

Aloha La le, have no idea what you are talking bout but try this....www.thegoods.com

T

Come on Ben, isn't that one of your works of art ????

On 2006-09-14 18:12, TikiLaLe wrote:
Come on Ben, isn't that one of your works of art ????

maybe in a week or so..........gettig really good at photoshop.

ok, while Ben does photo shop, here's a sneak picture

Amy

M

Awesome digs Amy. That is going to be some kinda retreat for sure. I live in mine daily (well maybe not daily, but, long enough to catch the evening news and feed the cat) esp. Friday/Saturday nights. Fun Fun!

Mahalo

McTiki

T

That is the best Amy! Your house is beautiful! It was great talking to you.
You need to stop by and visit. I still have some stuff to trade.

Hope all goes well.

John,

On 2006-09-20 22:40, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
ok, while Ben does photo shop, here's a sneak picture

Amy

Aloha Queen K-

That looks pretty cool.

I photo shopped a roof on it today. Can't seem to get
my camera to work to post a pick though.

Arrrr!!!

p.s. I wonder what it will look like when you're done with it?

lol ben

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 21, 2006 11:36 PM

Wow! That's looking great.

H
harro posted on Fri, Sep 22, 2006 2:04 AM

oh my... that looks like paradise!

M

Ohhhh yeeeeah ! Happy Happy! How many of us can build a tropical village in our backyard ?

Looking awesome!

Can't wait to see it in full bloom.

Mahalo

McTiki

WooooHoooooo! I think that bar needs some people to test it out :)

On 2006-09-22 18:01, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooooHoooooo! I think that bar needs some people to test it out :)

Woo hoo, you read my mind......I am having the first party on October 10th, Tuesday. Now I know Tuesdays parties are dumb, but this is sorta a special party. So read on......

I used to run Hot Wheels. I created the Redline Club for the collectors. In order to be more corporate friendly, I started the Tiki party at the conventions. First it was for the staff that helped do the conventions, then it was to all who worked the website, the conventions and were "friends of the big ugly corporation". Then one year, I had it for all the collectors, all 2000 of them. It was hard to go back to just the tiki party, so we kept doing the party every year for all the collectors, but I would always have the smaller party for those who were closest to the brand and company. Everyone was happy. When I left last year, it was a sad time for me and many I got to know and many who have become friends. So I had a tiki party last year on the last Saturday, but the collectors had to choose between me and the convention.

Soooooo this year the convention starts Wednesday the 11th and since they all come in on Monday or Tuesday, I decided to do the unconventional party on the Tuesday. So, I invite all those game enough to travel to Palm Desert on a Tuesday for a 2pm-??? party with food, drink, music and a group of people who have the same passion for Hot Wheels that we have for Tiki.

I will of course do a traditional Saturday party in the near future, but I would love to have you come and celebrate our new tiki backyard, as this is the 5th offical party, we are calling it "CINCO DE TIKI" . If you are interested, please RSVP and email me at [email protected] and I will send you directions. I hope to see some of you brave weekday party people......:)

Amy

[ Edited by: queen kamehameha 2006-09-22 23:51 ]

Beautiful Digs, quite a paradise on earth u have there!

ST

H
hewey posted on Sat, Sep 23, 2006 1:49 AM

Id love to be there, but I cant...

H
hewey posted on Sat, Sep 23, 2006 1:50 AM

On 2006-09-23 01:49, hewey wrote:
Id love to be there, but I cant...

Plus my girlfreind made me ask if you want to adopt her, or if you have a son...

O

Beautiful, what a great look Queen!

ojaitimo

T

Hey Amy, Don't forget to take pictures of your party!

M

NIce

I heard through the grape-vine

that there "might" be a fountain that spits out Zombies!!

Aye Carumba!!

I think Ben's new name should be "Bamboo Blink". Blink and your tropical paradise is done! In about 2 days, he completed about 75% of what will be a pretty impressive little Tiki bar in our warehouse.
Mahaloz,
Holden

G

On 2006-09-24 20:30, RevBambooBen wrote:
I heard through the grape-vine

that there "might" be a fountain that spits out Zombies!!

At this point, I'd believe anything. Ben, your work is amazing, as always.

And... Hot Wheels?!? Isn't that like every (male, anyway) kid's dream?

"What do you want to be when you grow up Timmy?"

"I wanna be an astronaut, a fireman, a circus performer, and I wanna be in charge of all the Hot Wheels in the whole world!!!"

On 2006-09-25 14:22, smogbreather wrote:
I think Ben's new name should be "Bamboo Blink". Blink and your tropical paradise is done! In about 2 days, he completed about 75% of what will be a pretty impressive little Tiki bar in our warehouse.
Mahaloz,
Holden

H-Man! Trying to hijack the post???!! You'll get your's in a week or so. Arrr!! lol!! Mugoomba to you!!

It was very pleasant the last 7 daze werking, Mmmmm, hack, cough, photoshopping!!, out in the Dunes aka Desert. I think the high was only 105 this time.( A month ago it was Capitol H E and double hockey sticks!!!) Got back home and dug out my down jumpsuit!!

Queen K is going to do some final Hot Lava touches this weekend or so and I'm sure she'll post some groovy photos for you's all.( I did not take one pic!! Arrr!!! doh!!) I think they even have a website for it AL-ReAdY.!!!!
( segundo!!) ( damn websites!! lol!!)

We were talkin' bout names for it and the werking name was the Place of Refuge. But then the other night ( after Queen K worked her !** off all weekend!!!!! She's a maniac!!), we were sittin and thinking something like the Head Hunters Hut.

( HHH and a W shaped bar. Subliminal for her life/time spent at Hot Wheels?? Hmmm. I did not plan it this way. This just hit me right now. Tiki werks in Great Ways!! It's all about good times and no rules. A place to escape from the capitol H, E, double Hockey Sticks part of life life, to make you feel better.

p.s. I miss Sammy and Buddy and the Fish.

Also, Mahalos to all of you who have been following this post. Specially the lurkers!! (lol!! it's Al good!!)

BooBamBen

Thanks Ben! you are amazing!!!! I will be posting the final pictures tonight, it includes Ben's fantastic Head Hunter Hut, and all his designs, and Carvings.

I also want to say thanks to Ona Tiki and Moki who hand delivered their lamps and masks, Basement Kahuna for his outstanding poles, KAHAKA for his great designed lamps as well. The rest of the stuff is years of accumulating stuff and ebay.(lamps, Poles by CC, extra mugs, etc)

We are offically ready for a party!!!!!!!!

Pictures soon........

Amy
ok, here they are, thanks again Ben! Your amazing!! I also added 2 opicture of the island, after I cleaned up the bar and the seating...I hope you all like them. Ric, I will get some better lamp pics.

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-09-30 21:27 ]

I hope I'm the first to say that this yard is fit for a Queen! Do you give tours? Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies