Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

grog...............lol

Ok, its party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All, well the backyard is done and we are ready for a party, we would like to invite you all for Memorial weekend saturday may 23rd, we hope you can make it, please just PM me with your rsvp, that way I have enough food and booze....lol, I hope all the Tiki Central members that can come will

Amy

Aloha Amy!

What an amazing paradise you have created! You should write a book chronicling the adventures that you have had making it. I cannot believe that you had to move your bar! It sounds like things must have been very intense with you neighbors. I am so happy that it has all worked out; your yard (I don't think that I can even call it just a yard, it so cool!)is fan-tastic!

We would love to make a road trip to the desert and come to your party!

Mahalo,
Gemma

RH

Double Da-amn!!!!

Thanks everyone, You are so nice to comment, I can't tell you how much it means to me. The yard has been a labor of love for 5 years now,and a dream forever. With Ben and Benny doing something new every year as budget permits. I really love that it has design, art,masks, lamps, statues, etc from artists right here on Tiki Central.

I have loved Tiki and Hawaiian my whole life, when I was a kid I My folks would take me every year to Hawaii Kai and Luau 400 for my birthdays, when I moved to Florida, I spent many occasion at the Trader Franks and Mai Kai.

So for me, This yard reminds me of all the great times loving something most thought was corny. My friends who thought I was weird to have it built, now want to come over all the time, my son who laughed at me, now has his own slice of bamboo ben heaven, lol The one thing about Tiki, it's infectious!

Thanks again all for the nice comments!

Amy

Man that place is SMOKIN VERY KEWL .

I did drool all over my keyboard when I first saw your pictures! Thank you for sharing and for the invite. We absolutely can't wait to see it in person and meet you both. What an amazing, amazing accomplishment and what a beautiful paradise you have created. I hope you have many happy years enjoying your Tiki (and pirate) haven.

Ben you are a master craftsman! Mind blowing work!

Here are some "Basic Canvas" pics of the "Shark Cove" across the street from Queen K's at her sons pad....

Here are some "Basic Canvas" pics of the "Shark Cove" across the street from Queen K's at her sons pad....

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck man!!!!??

GD computers!!

Deja Vanuatu....:)

kk

Realy diggin the Shark cove man that thresher sharks flippin huge , realy rad .

Do you use a router on those 2 main support beams? I really like those! Are they 6x6 that were already in place, to support the terrace?

On 2009-03-28 09:43, RevBambooBen wrote:

The chiminea in this photo...to the left... where did you find that! I get the ones from near Rosarito (below), but I haven't seen this Easter Island style yet.

Hau 'oli Tiki, the Moai Chimenea came from Tiki Farm, You can email holden to see if any are left. The one you have is also cool!

Amy

[email protected]

Hi Amy, when you have time could you post some current pictures of your amazing 'upgraded' backyard? Sure would love to see some comprehensive views of all the new and old stuff as they look completed.
Mahalo and Aloha!
John (Pupu)

Enjoy a summer of cool drinks in your cool digs.

M

Sorry I'm so late to the game here, but...

WOW!!!!!! What a beautiful backyard and being able to have all those natural tropical plants and trees really makes me want to move south or west.

Anyway, help a North Easterner out with the hazards and pleasures of sand in the backyard Tiki adult playground. I want to create a similar atmosphere and use sand instead of grass around the Tiki area. I really want to use sand since real tropical plants and trees are not really an option when you get lots of snow in winter :( HATE IT!!!

Is it a pipe dream to use sand in my area of the country, and how about ongoing upkeep and how do you deal with the "critters" that like to play and do their business in the sand?

Sorry to hijack, but thought you all might be able to shed some light on the subject since you are living the "sandy life".

Thanks in advance,

Mooney (in the Tropical void of PA)

Queen K , that truly is an amazing backyard that I too have admired for a long time (even before the bar move ) . Sorry as well for the hijacking but , in response to Mooney , tropical plants in PA are not out of the question . As long as you don't mind a little work each fall and spring you can enjoy tropicality in your locality a good 4-5 months each year ...
( I am not too far down the road in the decidedly untropical paradise known as Boiling Springs)

[ Edited by: Rikitiki 2009-04-28 11:45 ]

M

Rikitiki,

I guess you're as close as anyone here is going to get to Dillsburg. That is a beautiful little PA Island you have in Boiling Springs. I'll PM you if you don't mind for more information so I don't keep hijacking this thread.

Thanks Rikitiki!!!

End the hijacking, please :)

Back to the subject of Amy's beautiful backyard (since it is her thread) --when you have a chance, Amy, it would be great to see the latest pictures of your backyard paradise. Hope you're enjoying it to the fullest.
Aloha!!
John (Pupu)

Rikitiki, thanks for the help, your Yard is amazing and doing it on the east, I know that means a lot of extra work, I happen to like the look of grass and the tropical plants.In the desert, it is hard to maintain all that grass, so I opted for Sand and crushed granite over most of the areas. The crushed granite is very hard and clean and easy to maintain.

Mooney, sand is great, I suggest you buy "beach sand", its finer and better on your feet, I would cover it in the winter and would put down 6-8 inches of it for a soft walk.

John, I will post all updated photo's of the whole yard again in about a week or so :)

Thanks all again for the nice comments!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-04-28 12:43 ]

Amy -- I've seen your backyard before and been impressed and charmed by it -- especially the bridge and that waterfall!

But seeing what's happened recently (with the magical help of Benboo Bam) had me floored!

WOW! Genuine tropical Paradise in your own back yard! (Can I come visit?)

I guess I'm out of the loop on this, but what city DO you live in? I gather, from what I can glimpse beyond the equatorial lushness of your own parameters, that it's in a desert region.

And, lastly, when you take more pics, could you please try to grab some of your place at NIGHT or twilight? The one you did post back on one of the early pages of this thread looked really gorgeous, but, with all the newest additions, it must now look like a veritable tiki wonderland at dusk and after!

(And thanks again for your appreciation of my Paradise Cove Lounge!)

Cheers & Mahalos :drink: :tiki:

KT, I am in Bermuda dunes, out in Palm Desert. And I promise to take pics, I promised John as well. I will try to get some night shots too!.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-05-07 13:00 ]

Woohoo! Looking forward to it, Amy! Thanks :wink:
(Hope you're having a nice time in the desert--I'm guessing it's pretty hot there right now)

Hi Amy, are you back yet? :)

sigh........bump

:)

Pu Pu,

Go to Ca. Events once in a while.....

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31807&forum=17&94

.......Lot's of pics of all sorts of stuff! :wink:

Thanks Ben (and Amy). I didn't mean to sound whiney :)
Sounded like Amy was also going to take some pics for show and tell when she had time. I'm guessing Amy's been busy with life and I was just bumping to keep it alive.
The link you posted has some great pictures of your always-inspiring work being thoroughly enjoyed by a bunch of fun people. Doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for posting that.

Hi Amy, have you had a chance to take any official show and tell pics?
Patiently anticipating :)

Hi PuPU Pants, I have to be honest, All I got was pre party pictures, once everyone showed up it was just too busy, there are terrific shots already posted on this thread that came out great, I actually saved a few :) Thanks again to all who came and all who posted the great shots!

So...are are my pre-party shots!

Thanks Amy!!! Sorry bug you so much about it :wink: It's a very inspiring place.
Those are terrific pictures. I hope you have many, many years of fun and friendship out there.

Thank you! I really do love it, I was out there today, just hanging out with the fish...lol

That is such beautiful tiki landscaping. Thanks for posting those inspiring photos.

Your place is stunning! Damn! I just love peoples levels of creativity. Awesome!

M

the perfect landscaping to go with an Atomic Ranch!

just wait till ya'll see the next project.

keep an eye out!

trust me.

it's gonna be good!

back to the drawing board.

Amy rocks!

YAY!

thanks Kinny!

Ben, you need to work and not post...there will be time for that soon enough...lol

Amy

sorry, double post

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-09-16 19:38 ]

H

OUT....OF.....THIS.....WORLD!!!! My yard project is a 'wannabe' of yours!!!!!!!!

consider this my last post for a while....

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 17, 2009 11:07 AM

Don't get heat stroke again, you old bastard!

Howland, your yard is great! I Love the nooks and the bamboo furniture, a mix of nautical and tiki, is great and your homemade lamps.... terrific!

Grog, this project is "somewhere else" and he has to be done before it gets cold..... He has brought in an engineer for this one, I will post the stating pictures soon, it is definitely the most challenging Ben or I have tackled!

More soon

Amy

hi all, this is the start of the new project, we have lots of pictures, but this is all for now.

It isn't really Tiki, but we hope you think it's cool! Ben has been there 2 weeks, More pictures monday after the structures go up :) It is very nautical.
Includes : series of 4 plaforms with ramps.
: 3 platforms will have structures.
: the 4th platform will be the big one in the middle of the tree.
:The ramps and platforms cover 20+ trees and 80x80 footprint

This basic consruction has 58 3x5foot footings, and more wood then I have ever seen in one place. I hope you like it.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-10-03 15:49 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies