Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

more pictures

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Oct 6, 2009 11:56 AM

Whoa! Looks like an amusement ride or sumptin'...outta control, Queen K - outta control!

Thanks for posting progress shots.

What is it?
What is it?
:lol:

At any rate,
whatever it is...
if it involves your flight of fancy
and Ben's awesome power of building mind-blowing structures...
then it's gonna be OFF THE CHARTS!
:)

So far, so good!

Those are teaser pics!!! We can't really get a grasp of what it is yet, looks like something the Ewoks would live in :D Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be beautiful! Great start!

PS - that doesn't look like Palm Springs

Thanks TikiG, LLT, Tiki Gabe, MD Mike...

its all I have I will take more Sunday. They are teasers in a way as I can't fit the whole project in one picture. Ben is finishing basics tomorrow then detail starts Tuesday.

Mike, that is not Palm springs :)

Amy

This is by far THE MOST CRAZIEST INSTALLATION I have ever tackled.

3 solid weeks for just the foundation.

(very, very, solid!!! :wink:

Home for a few daze then back to the " No Internet Zone" ....

(it's kinda nice not having it. it let's your mind create on it's own!

Here's the story...

The rum runners crashed their boat into a lava wall in the desert, built a bar

next to it and the dock. They spent a few years hanging around the bar and

needed to move on and find new direction ( ie; Smuggler's Cove ). So, they saw this

really tall mountain and decided to head west .....

OK the tree village is ready for Ben's special touches and rails, it will be very nautical, with ship lights in the trees, lights by Skip and a few from Bongofury as well, oars, 2000 ft of rope, nets, portholes, grates, ship wheels, block and tackles, bamboo, barrels, witco furniture added for comfort and a bit tiki. The houses range from 4 feet up to 12-14 feet up. They are 10x12 each with one being 8x10. The platform in the middle is 24x24ish. The buildings will be full insulated guest houses with the smaller building being a fully functional bathroom with sink and shower. I am still amazed at it all. I always wanted a tree house. Ben can make dreams come true!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-10-12 09:02 ]

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-10-12 09:23 ]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome!

COOOL!!! Are they mounted high for bear protection? :)

ah...mr. PuPu is back!!!!!!!!!! yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, there aren't really bears....Mountain lions though....lol

Amy

B

Ohhhhh, this is going to be good. Now you two have me on the edge of my seat! I since that Ben is going into full tilt boogie mode!

Please keep posting updates...

NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!!

Amy, that looks really fun! Geez, makes me want to go live in your yard. :wink: Can't wait to see more. Go Ben!

hi Babs, Big Tiki Scott, kiki, Thanks, Ben should be there any day to start his magic, I hopeto have more pictures in a week, thank you for the kind comments. :)

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-10-14 21:09 ]

Looking good , can't wait to see it!

Thanks Danny! Here are some new pictures, the huts are up, the thatch is on the roofs, but not finished. the hand rails are up and done in bamboo, and the center roof is almost complete and the center which has a center peak of 15 feet, hope you like it.... Ben has really done an outstanding job and his two helpers Carson and Adam, amazing. The living main area will all be nautical with a complete witco living set.

Amy

Looks spectacular!

Great work everyone!

Ah, I can smell the fresh Pine!

The log trim on the outside of the hut are a nice touch.

Who doesn't love a tree house?!?! :)

What a cool idea! It looks spectacular.

Build it...and they will come.I like your imagination Amy .

T

Very cool Amy/ Ben!!
I have some new lights to show you as well.

Lookin' Great Amy, Ray & Ben! Can't wait to visit! Sure miss you guys.....

T

Imagination gone wild...I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting the latest pics.

Amy will (by default) own a tiki theme-park soon :)

When you two begin to think about a wooden roller-coaster give me a ring :wink:

ooobly gooobly.

back at it tomorrow for some more daze....

from here on out serious decor go'in down.

When in the hood....try Idyllwild Tea Co.'s black tea. Zooooom Zooooom Zooom!!! gonzo!!

talk at yous soon.

I think I see Big Foot in the background of one of those pictures...very kewl!!!

PINETREE BEN!

awesome....

O

Eli & Don would dig this! Awesome!

C
claq50 posted on Mon, Nov 2, 2009 6:51 PM

Sweet set up!

C

oh cool looking great!

wondering where the mamorneck barney will go!

Thanks all, I will be up there this weekend and take new pictures, Ben is doing his detail work and I hear we now have windows in the main structure.........

Amy

WoooHooo! Everything looks Tiki-rrific! Another Masterpiece by The Notorious Bamboo Ben,

T

sweet!!! when can I move in?

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Nov 4, 2009 9:01 PM

OMG, killer killer killer! reminds me of a surf "resort i went to in Western Samoa a few decades back...looked just like that, but with thatch on roofs and sides.

Thatch??

what's that?

d'oh.

lol...............

3,000 feet of rope gone!!!!!

home for a few daze then back at it to finish up mid next week ...

gonna be a nice place to relax. witco lounge, besides the "see no evil bar"

..and the other fixins.

yesterday a slew of deer came by to avoid the "Hunters" down the valley.

mister "giant squirrel" will have a nice place to chill too.

6,000 ft up is a trip. without the internet, it's even better !!!

pics soon..............

new pics, enjoy!

Amy, looking very nautical! Love the hinged matting window covers; has a cannon port look and allows for great ventilation for those cool summer breezes.

Note to self: remember the rope tackle effect for next summer's ship stage set :)

WOW!
can we have Ben build us an Artist Colony on the property as well?
Looking so great!
Amy,Ray,Ben....
KUDOS to all'a YUDOS!

Thanks mike, LLT, woohoo,bigtoe, tikitosh, everyone!

It is amazing what Ben has done,He has two helpers named Carson and Adam as I have been little help this time. I hope to make up for it next week when we do the lights, bar and the furniture. It will be all heated so winter use is possible as well. I have a full set of Witco that has been in storage for years and it is not in the most perfect condition, so it will work for this project. captains beds in one cabin, bunks in the other, I was able to get great nautical lights from Skip for the bar and table lamps from the trader Vic sale, even though I was shopping over the phone. :) Thanks all for the kind words.

More photos next week, thanks for looking!

Amy

C

oh wow that so great! i want to live there :)

Ben are you a golfer? Is that a Master's Jacket? Or is that part of Mr Greenjeans' tuxedo? Maybe the Munchkin mayor left it there? :lol:

Any Pics of that GIANT SQUIRREL?

LLT, that giant squirrel came down on saturday and just yelled at me and Ben, not sure what he said, but it sounded like yelling...lol he is pissed off we built in his tree. I am putting out food for the winter to make it up to him

Amy

MB

Isn't it's name "One Big Ass Squirrel"? I have not met said squirrel, but I hear it's size range is that of a medium sized puppy. It's den hole is HUGE! And another tree harbors a family of about 7 raccoons....it's awesome! And they will all be partying on the deck come winter. :lol:

Ahoy!

i hope Ben is making that bigazz squirrel his own HUt up there! :lol:

MB

I'm also shocked I have no personal messages.

what an Incredable Place you have there!!! Very very cool!!!

new photo of the lounge,Mrs. Bamboo took them as I was so cold, I forgot, can't wait forthe heaters to go in :) the witco is in and filled up the space fast! lighting next week I think

Amy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies