Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

Wow and wow! So amazing! The Swiss Family Treehouse has nothing on you! I especially love the rum barrel runner! Nice work guys! Some day, when I can afford my own place, I hope its half as cool.

Thanks Kris, I had big help from Ben, it was a big project, we had extra help from locals Carson, Art and Herk and Rich. The plumbling is finished this weekend, beds are in, shower working, and yes Ben! the toilet is hooked up!
Skip's lamps and lights are amazing, He designed these after a phone call, he is the best! thanks Skip, Many other items by TC artists, I think Buzz has some stuff coming too :wink:

All is ready for spring. Thank you all again for the great comments!

Amy

HT

Pictures of your place look out of sight, I live in HB and go by Bamboo Bens when I am near by.

More stuff soon!

We had 20 or so tiki freaks from Caliente there yesterday.

Ernie and Jeremy Tonga Hut stayed in the huts all night!

Fun Fun Fun!

It's all AMY's fault! :wink:

BB

Good Stuff!

p.s. toilet works awesome!

thanks to all who trekked to Idyllwild. It was fun and I am glad to have offered a break from the heat. Ernie and Jeremy , Ben and I finished the rum punch and Jeremy who swore he was getting up early today, slept past 11am...lol

Thanks to everyone for another great event,thanks to HB for the cool gift at crawl night, Thanks to Jeremy and Kelly for the great crawl party, thanks to Nelson for making the coolest lamp ever, thanks to everyone for hanging out with us, and Rory you Rock!!!!!!!!!

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-07 22:40 ]

TT

Amy, once again you demonstrated what a gracious hostess you are. Thank you very much for inviting Patti and me up to your tree house, it is truly amazing. Ben, again, out did himself. It was a real treat being the "fly on the wall" when you, Sven and Peter were swaping stories. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mahalo,

Jeff and Patti

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2010 3:17 PM

Thanks for being such a gracious host, Amy and Ray. I love listening to Ray's story's.

The Tree house is the best. It's so much bigger in person than it looks in the photos, and it's higher off the ground than it looks in the pics. You and Bamboo Ben did a great job designing and building it.

I'm looking forward to visiting with you again. That's the first time I've ever slept overnight in a tree house. That was fun.

On 2010-06-07 22:36, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
thanks to all who trekked to Idyllwild. It was fun and I am glad to have offered a break from the heat. Ernie and Jeremy , Ben and I finished the rum punch and Jeremy who swore he was getting up early today, slept past 11am...lol

Thanks to everyone for another great event,thanks to HB for the cool gift at crawl night, Thanks to Jeremy and Kelly for the great crawl party, thanks to Nelson for making the coolest lamp ever, thanks to everyone for hanging out with us, and Rory you Rock!!!!!!!!!

Amy
[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-07 22:40 ]

Thank You Amy & Ray for having us all up to the Tree house Wow Fantastic to say the least! Kudos to Ben as well a true master. Jeremy slept in? Our Jeremy? Noooo ? Really? That's our boy!
I heard all about sleeping in the tree house from Grog and Jeremy at the Hut I just had to know what it was like to sleep in a tree house. Next time I'm sleeping over, I like pastries.....

Barney West Ku in his new home! Believe me, he is much bigger then he looks.....

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-13 17:34 ]

Awesome!

I'll make a sign to hang from his neck that says "Kapu" for all the neighbors that see him from the street......:wink:

GREAT CATCH,AMY!

T

Is that thing from China? :)

Very nice Amy!
Can't wait to meet you.
You are the tiki hostest with the mostest.
We will drink facing east! will drink facing west!
And if anyone gives us Sh%t we will kick em in the bird nest!!!

Ok, so, even though I thought the tree house was done, it now has a lower level, with gravel paths and great accent's by Ben, he is truly amazing! there is now sitting along along the paths thanks to Carson, who did all the wood cutting and carving. Lights by skip. I hope you like these, and now its time to enjoy the weather up there and relax.

Amy

This is the drink server Ben Built, it lowers to the Lower level and rings a bell for the bartender when it comes back up......so Ben

new front sign

NEW fRONT SIGN

tables made from Ship grates, we were able to get 2 very large ones , made 4 tables

bench

view from new deck

custom bench with lantern

ben taking a shower to clean up after a hard day working

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-30 17:15 ]

Awesome work Ben .The place looks absolutely incredible .

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 1:59 PM

Beautiful. That's all I can say looking at these pics. Thanks for posting Amy! G

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 4:13 PM

THIRD SHOT in the series....

B

OMG Grog - is NOTHING sacred?! LOL

MB

On 2010-06-30 16:13, GROG wrote:

Yup...there's my boys!

D

I was looking on in amazement at your tiki tree house - it is a work of art. I might even admit to being a little jealous.

Not sure I'd want to share my shower with a Rolling Stone thogh, no matter how much he tiki he looks. Old carved wood that is :wink:

Seriously though, great piece of work.

Dave.

T

Just got back into town from a visit to the tree house.
The pictures do not do it justice!!!
Plus Amy and Rays hospitality makes it all the more.
Was kind of nervous about meeting the Cali folks, the whole no Aloha thing.
And I gotta say everyone was great! I don't get where that vibe is comming from.
Thanks again Amy!
And thank you Kelly for bartending, great drinks! Also thank you for the tour
of Cuban rums!!! I think I tried every rum Cuba has to offer.
One from 1940 to Boot!!!

[ Edited by: 2010-07-06 16:56 ]

Great time last weekend. What a place!
Awesome job Amy and Ben! Grand Slam!
Cool Tikiskip and Barb got to join in on the fun
and see his lights all around the joint.
Nice meeting you guys. Great drinks Kelly!
Thanks all!

When's the next party?

On 2010-07-23 20:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
When's the next party?

And more importantly: am I invited?! :D

Aesome pics, Amy and Ray! The place looks so fantastic. Nice work by Ben! Hey, don't drop the soap, man!

....and the Minnow would be lost!

October?

should be interesting...

stay tuned.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2011-06-12 04:20 ]

Hi Amy, thank you for your post on my crafts thread. I have looked at your posts over and over again. Very impressive. I hope that some day at Oasis we will have the chance to meet you, Wendy and Dan

Happy Holidays

On 2010-12-01 09:50, danlovestikis wrote:
Hi Amy, thank you for your post on my crafts thread. I have looked at your posts over and over again. Very impressive. I hope that some day at Oasis we will have the chance to meet you, Wendy and Dan

Happy Holidays

Mojave Oasis !!!

That was a really fun day, good friends, old rum, I'll remember it always.

Just fantastic! I sure hope that I get to come visit someday...

DUDE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREATEST TIKI BAR/YARD EVER!!!! I'M SO JELOUS!

Thanks Pel Paul and Tiki Lee. I's a passion and Ben Helps me make it happen

Amy

so mant great tiki central artists are represented in the tree house and backyard...... just wanted to refresh this as I see some more pirate yards.......

Amy

M

Amy,

This thread has evolved into one of the most classic places to see.

Simply Astounded!

Mahalo

McTiki

This deserves a bump, since this is the first time I've seen it.

Looks amazing to me! Great job on all the hard work! I wish my backyard wasn't a big hill so I could tikify it too. It looks like it took a long time and cost a lot, but I am sure it was well worth it! Having a place (or two) to relax and enjoy life is really what it is all about.

G

WOW. thats it, just....WOW

Holy mother of tiki! How the F did I miss this build. AAAHHH-MAZING!

Glad it got bumped it up.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies