Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

Really nice! Who needs a volleyball court anyhow!?!?

Congrats to all who made it happen... I love the yards and rooms that are a combined effort of many different TC artists and craftspersons!

The lava rocks are a great idea, and the way the red light comes out from under the deck like it sits on an active crater!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 12:36 AM

Most excellent.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 4:20 AM

Thats impressive! Cant wait to see the night pics too :) lava baby!

Thanksfor all the kind words lake surfer, Hewey, Grog and Wendy.

I am really happy with the way it all turned out and after 3-4 years of working on it, it was worth it. The new hut by Ben, made the other 2 smaller ones look old and tired, so I fixed them up this weekend too....lol

Amy

M
McTiki posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 4:51 PM

(Wipes drool from keyboard) Whoa QK, how long was the revrend Bamboo there? You been collecting too !

Nice nice

Don't let Grog plan a crash there (too funny what he does with photoshop)

Mahaloz

McTiki

It was a sold out crowd!

Full hut!!!

That's a wonderful backyard Shangri-La! Too kool!

ST

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 11:40 PM

Pictures do not do the yard justice. IF you get a chance to see the place in person, you will not regret it. Any words GROG could use to describe it (awesome, incredible, excellent, etc.) are all understatements. After seeing the yard and Holden's Mugoomba room, GROG can say whole-heartedly
that Bamboo Ben is THE BEST!!

Amy(Queen Kamehameha) is one smart lady hiring Ben for the build, and one excellent hostess. GROG looking forward to the chance to visit again.

On 2006-10-18 23:40, GROG wrote:
Pictures do not do the yard justice. IF you get a chance to see the place in person, you will not regret it. Any words GROG could use to describe it (awesome, incredible, excellent, etc.) are all understatements. After seeing the yard and Holden's Mugoomba room, GROG can say whole-heartedly
that Bamboo Ben is THE BEST!!

Amy(Queen Kamehameha) is one smart lady hiring Ben for the build, and one excellent hostess. GROG looking forward to the chance to visit again.

Thanks Ernie! You are always welcome! Thanks again for coming and bringing the Franken Moai to show us just how beautiful it actually looks in person.a beautiful piece indeed!

M

Hut envy!

Very very exquisite Amy! Full hut = good happy hut

Ben...You rock!

Mahalo

T

Bamboo'God'Ben

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2006-10-19 22:39 ]

ok, a couple of guests having a good time :)

Amy

T

Amy,
What can I say?, other than you have the ultimate Tiki haven in your yard! I certainly can appreciate how much thought & effort went into the making of your place, & I hope you're enjoying all the benefits!-that bar & lounge area is beautiful, & to know that you've had so many skilled craftsmen working on it (Bamboo Ben, for this & the pics of the bedroom you redid recently, I bow to you- wonderful spaces, & these folks will appreciate them for a long time!), must be an added bonus...I just hope the things I work on will turn out half as well....Thistle

T

Ben, is that one those Palm Springs 'Doobies' your holding ?

On 2006-10-22 19:20, TikiLaLe wrote:
Ben, is that one those Palm Springs 'Doobies' your holding ?

No. Sorry. Just another nail for my coffin!

Mahaloz all for Da Kinne werdz Y'all.

Hopefully QUEEN K will have time in the future to post some shots of the lava rock-ish-ish, night shots. Looks bitchen!!!

She has this massive "Luau looking" tiki out front now too. I thought it was from the past but she said it's newer.

Some people have all the luck finding cool stuff!!!

Queen K-- fantastic vision! Looks like you've left no lava rock unturned. A sight to behold! Wishing you many wonderful days and serene nights in your lovely paradise...

Ben-- FAB job (as always)! Hey, have you taken that Mai Kai shirt off since Hukilau? Just because we told you it looked good on you didn't mean 'never take it off'...

Snazzy!!!

Anybody that can make it out there, SHOULD! You'll feel like you are in the islands.( Damn Zombies!!)
Queen K thanks again for sharing your beautiful house and amazing backyard. The Bar is GREAT!!
Benno IS the best and the two of you together, well....... tiki could rule the world!

Mahaloz to all

• Marcos :tiki: :drink:
T

Hoping to hear the fires stayed away from you !!!!!!!!

Those fires are about 1/2 hour away. Gnarley stuff!

Here's a pic of the "Zombie Fountain of Death!!!"

Many gallons of pure knock out Zombie!!!

Crazy!

p.s. Marcos, you can copy/print this pic and haunt Rebecca!!!!

p.s.s. Keki, I retired the Mai Kai shirt today. Cut it up and made 2 lamps with it. Will be on ebay soon! ( lol!!-not!!!)

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-10-26 20:40 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 27, 2006 10:12 AM

Bamboo Ben is giving GROG the Mai Kai shirt as a late birthday present.

QueenK-- Here's hoping the fires stay far, far away...

Happy Birthday to GROG!
I don't think you'll want that shirt after prying it from BBen's cold fingers!

BBen--Nutz! I was all set to bid on the lamps!
Don't forget, when you launder that there shirt, use real HOT water, and a real HOT dryer. After it's shrunk, you can pass it on to ME :D ...

edited for spell check-- I need to learn how to spell GROG.

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2006-10-27 10:54 ]

Hi All, I would have rather gone to tikimecula's for a carving time, but off to detroit in the Morning So, I took today to I stain our new project. I wanted to share it with all of you. BamBoo ben came on Monday and left on Friday and here is our new addition. It not complete yet, it still needs the mast and ropes, but you get the idea. I also added a few more of the bar ben built last year. I hope you enjoy them...

the bar

the bar

the start of the pirate ship its called the desert Jewel that crashed up on our shores

another early picture.

Almost painted, looking good, it's 30'x16' seats 20+

closeup of the front, we used a Keigs20 tiki for the mast head, Keigs I hope you don't mind, it is perfect .

staining in 100+ heat, Monday Ben is back out here, the Mast goes up , He will add all the rope and touches. I hope you like the the pictures

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2007-05-20 11:10 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 19, 2007 11:43 PM

Wow Amy, that ships looking neat.

Holy kaching....that is some awesome work. It's the kewlest backyard I have seen on this board. Way jealous. :D

Who say's Pirate & Tiki can't be mixed?!!!

Sven??

Kiegs??

Anyone??

Class? Class?

Bueler??

G
Gibbo posted on Sun, May 20, 2007 2:56 PM

Now that is very, very cool guys...many thanks for sharing the pictures, can not wait to see the end results. Imagination and ability equals Amy's backyard...wow.
Cheers,
Gibbo

Pirates and Tikis can be mixed!
All it takes is one bent genius!
great job!

Grog, VampiressRN, Gibbo, Little lost tiki, thank you for all the kind words. The yard is a true labor of love, we have been working on it now for 4 years. I am not really sure what drives me to design the things I do, but I am blessed to have a friend like Ben who can make ideas and dreams become reality.

Thank you all again, I will get pictures up of the finished ship next week

Amy

P
Paipo posted on Sun, May 20, 2007 4:54 PM

Incredible - you probably had the best yard I've seen anyway, and now it's got even cooler. I'm so jealous of you dry-climate dwellers!

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 20, 2007 5:01 PM

A pirate ship in the backyard - how cool! I want one! A very nice yard just got nicer

K

holy smokes what a backyard, booben and Amy do great work. I am sure Ben took great pleasure in strapping one of my carvings to the boat and having his way with it :)
cant wait to see more pictures. Amy keep an eye on Ben if he cuts his leg of with the chopsaw and inserts a wooden peg where his leg once was you might have problems getting him to leave your backyard. raaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Every Halloween, there is a house (in Vallejo, California) that decorates their front yard in Pirate. They have a huge ship(similar or larger than yours Amy) and they make it into a haunted shipwreck. They have neon glow in the dark paint on the ship and it looks very eerie, plus they have a fog machine blowing fog up and all around the ship. They have masts with torn blowing in the wind sails. Of course they are flying a pirate flag and they have skeletons dressed in pirate clothing all hanging on and shaking around on the deck and masts and the wheel....of course with jugs of rum. Chests opened and pouring out jewels and coins. They play spooky music and pirate songs and have a strobe light on it so at night it looks like it has crashed in a storm. I will try to get a picture of it this year...it is one of the best Halloween decorations I have ever seen.

I think Pirate and Tiki are definitely a good match!!!

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-20 18:23 ]

B

COOL Cool Stuff Amy, What a Fantastic place to have a shipwreck! Tell B-Ben though,that you can't mix pirates and Tikis, they stay up too late and they have UGLY Kids.
Bene More Excellent stuff,, Where do you Find it man?
:wink: :wink: :wink:

MAhalos everyone for your thoughts!!!

It's strange how it works. Maybe it's ESP or something.
People give me general ideas, kinda like the scribbles on napkin theory in Spinal Tap,( you's shoulda seen the scribbles for Queen K's Head Hunter Hut last year that we did the morning after APE at the catalina Tiki fest.......) then my brain gets fixed on a vision, and, it just happens! We met last Monday and basically drew the ship out in the dirt with my foot. Queen K drew a picture for me a while back but I thought it would be better if there was more open space inside for people and stuff, bands, etc. It worked out pretty good. For some odd reason, there is always 1 thing that doesn't work out on my jobs. This one was the mast idea I had. But we figured it out and it will be cool. Out the door at 5 a.m. to hoist the mast and get rope splinters!!!

Friggin in the Riggin!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

BooBenBam

Hewey, Thank you for the compliments, It is a labor of love....

Keigs20, Sorry, I hope you are ok, Your tiki guy was the right size, the right look, just the perfect Mast head. Ben didnt mutuilate it, he just cut a "V" in the back to accommodate the hull. Your statue has the place of prominence now :)

Vam, Would love to see that halloween set up, I always wanted to be one of those holiday display people but I never have the time. When it done, we will have the barrels, treasure chests, pirates, etc.... I just am waiting for ben to finish it....

paipo, Thanks, The yard is more then I would have thought possible. Sometimes when you draw it, you never think it can look that way, but Ben has taken my ideas and made them even better, but I have seen many a great yard on this site, many were the inspiration of parts of my yard.

Benz, THANKS, It is really turning out better then I had imagined. ben is fantastic. He and I work well together and he "see" the vision I have which is great. He also makes it better then it ever could have on paper....lol . Next time your out, you have to come visit

Amy

K

Amy I am just given Ben some trouble. I really like the idea and am honored to have one of my carvings at the mast head. Email me some pictures when your done if you can, for my scrap book.

Awesome. I can't wait to see what else is going to happen!!!!

That boat is the coolest thing EVER!

Tarzan like! Can I swing from the Crow's nest?
Someday I may have one of those in my backyard. Take my lawn out and fill that area with sand. Build it there, but need to find a way to keep the cats out. Electrical fence perhaps, HARRR! Walk the plank ye scurvy cat!

Keigs, Thanks, it really has a place of honor, I will take pictures for you this coming weekend for your album. Thanks again for understanding :)

Polynesiac, thanks, Actually Ben and i were already discussing the next project, but we will wait for cooler weather, it's a 100+ and when we did the bar it was 110+.

Morbidboy, thanks, not sure coolest thing ever, but it is cool...lol

Jungle Trader, let the cats come aboard, they eat the mice.... My beagles hung out all day Saturday on the ship.

Thanks all, My neighbor told another neighbor friend that "I was building a Ship" and he was sure I needed a permit. This neighbor has reported me dozens of times,The bar, the pond, the island, the parties the parking, etc... so far the architectural committee has just sighed and moved on. There is no way I am taking down the ship.....lol

Amy

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 21, 2007 7:28 PM

On 2007-05-21 19:08, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Thanks all, My neighbor told another neighbor friend that "I was building a Ship" and he was sure I needed a permit. This neighbor has reported me dozens of times,The bar, the pond, the island, the parties the parking, etc... so far the architectural committee has just sighed and moved on. There is no way I am taking down the ship.....lol

Ultimately, when you look at it, it's just a deck with some fencing/railing, albeit in a ship shape. There's nothing there at the moment they can complain about. A full size mast might be more of an issue, as far as the neighbourhood visual amenity, depending on how you do it. But Im sure you will be fine. Say, what about a crows nest so you can climb up and wave to your neighbours! :lol: :lol: :D

Arrrrrrrr!!!

I woke at 5 am. and was on the road by 5:20.

I am back home now. Tired? Yes.

Here are a few pics.

More tomorrow!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Arrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Got Arrrrrrrr-tiki!?

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (2 years)

Mugs: 11
Posted: Today; 7:52 pm

Bump!

G
Gibbo posted on Tue, May 22, 2007 1:29 AM

Hey Amy and Ben, unreal work on your part Ben and well Amy, you'll have to tell the neighbors to "build a bridge and just get over it"...'cause it's there to stay. How about a cannon...just for the neighbors of course. It may cure the problems... It looks just great and more pics please Ben.

Cheers,
Gibbo

When the tsunami hits....you'll be prepared and the evil neighbor will be washed up. :lol:

Yeah!
They Laughed at Noah too!
:lol:
Great job you two!
Can't wait to see the official finished shots!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies