Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

What a fun and cool project! I'm stunned... Awesome work Ben!

Yarr! yer ship tis a fine vessel and the ship yard tis something to clap your deadlights on to be sure. Ben lad should be proud of his craft. Sharp as paint that one is but pricklier then a see urchin when the rum tankard be near.

So much to look at. Like a cross between the Tiki Room and Pirates of the Caribbean. You could really charge admission.

that is so cool i am so jealous. what a paradise

Thank you all, I cant wait to see it with the barrels, netting and cannon, yep, found a wodden cannon on ebay....lol, I will get out there this weekend and post more pictures.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Amy

This is WAY cool guys, arrrsome !!

G
Gibbo posted on Thu, May 24, 2007 1:09 AM

Hey Amy,
About that cannon.....I was only kidding!
Cheers,
Gibbo

Here are the final pictures of the boat, Hope you enjoy!

thanks for all the feedback and kind words

Amy

That's a BEAUTY!
Tip of the Tankard to both you and Ben!

Arrrrr-some!

Your pics came out way better than mine.

I just don't have an EYE for the camera!

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!

( actually, got something IN my eye right now. bad karma!coco-nut rope splinter. feeeeels reallllly goood! Arrr-ouch!! )

A CANNON!!! Over the top kool.

That's fantastic!

J

Absolutely wonderful!!! Be sure to take pics when Johnny Depp drops in for cocktails!

M
Murph posted on Thu, May 24, 2007 5:07 PM

Love the pirate ship!
Is that a carbide cannon on that deck?
http://www.hevanet.com/stuartp/WebPages/CarbideCannon.htm

P

i'll be wearin' me puffy shirt next week.

P
Paipo posted on Thu, May 24, 2007 6:43 PM

Man, it's got it all...a nice shady tree, a cannon, a grog cabinet.....incredible! Ben, you've done an AAARRRRRsome job on this, if I win the lottery I'll be flying you out to NZ to build one in my front yard!
You're so lucky Amy! Keep us posted on your travel plans....

H

Amy, that's Arrrrrrmazing!! (sorry-had to do it.) A ship wreck deck---I loves it!!!!!! We need some 'deck warming party' pics now.

WooooHoooo! When do we set sail??

AWESOME. I need one of those in my backyard too. Ben really is a master of creation!

WOW!! With the imagination and talents of Amy and Ben, what a truly wonderful playland for the adults. Congrats to you both on the creation of such a swashbuckling place!! Next, you might want to think of a stockade for the mutinous lot...... when the rum is flowing freely.

The cannon really does the trick. What a find!

Enjoy!
Myke

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, May 25, 2007 7:54 AM

Great Hornytoads!!!! That is one cool setup ya got!!!

BambooBen, You got down on that ship and it look's Awrrrrrrrrrrrsome's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy's yard is now called RAmyland.!

Ray and Amy put together.

Buddy and Sammyland, just didn't sound right.

We need one of you artists to draw up a map like an old

Dizzyland brochure....

.....you'll have to put "future Lands coming soon" in the

right back corner and left middle side, too.

Keep an eye out in the next year and so....

ST

Holy jamoley!!!

Your backyard must qualify for some sort of award for the most ridiculously extravagant backyard project ever!! You're like one small step below Treasure Island now. I half expect the next photo series to be of excavators digging a lagoon.

On 2007-05-21 19:08, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Morbidboy, thanks, not sure coolest thing ever, but it is cool...lol

Since my brother and I have been remolding our house with a big backyard, I was thinking of getting a small Airstream trailer for the backyard (for people to hang out while I bbq) but now since I've seen that pirate ship, I don't know what I'm going to do...

TIKI KAIMUKI- Thanks, the cannon, puts it over the top!

Tiki Socialite- thanks!
JenTiki= yes it is! :wink:
Murph= not a carbide cannon, none working, just there for looks :)
pdrake - perry, please wear the puffy shirt!
Paipo- Paipo, he is the best! I was out there today, just staring of it. your right, I am lucky, I try never to forget it too.surf-n-turf
Tiki Socialite- the deck was the first priority. ben then made it all work
Woohoo- Thanks! Glad you like it.... :)

Polynesiac- Jim, thanks this was Fun and Ben and I are already thinking about the next piece for the yard, but right now, I am just enjoying this one... it is amazing in person. This is really one of Bens greatest works, I think :wink:

tikiwinebear- thanks Myke , you know I did a search on Ebay, the guy who makes them just started selling them, they are very detailed and very reasonable. Thanks too for the kind words! The yard has taken on a life of its own

NOTCH- thanks!!!

Surf tiki- thanks, Funny I thought it might be getting a bit excentric as well... I don't want to be "that weird person up the block" although long before the ship, they would slow down when they drove by....lol. lagoon.....well... maybe....:wink:I was thinking of extending the pond to go between the bar and boat, that might be considered a lagoon... theres that word excentric again...hummm

morbidboy- you know, airstreams are very cool, pirate ships are cool, I have looked at many a yard before I built mine, it needs to be about what you guys want and makes you comfortable. By the way, I used a phrase over and over with Ben, it was "the essence of a pirate ship" lol, what I wanted was a cool deck that sat a lot of people that had the essence of a ship. Ben has done that amd more. having a ship that wasn't also practical , if a ship could be practical, so what i am saying is it has to work and be a useful part of the yard. useful and look cool. Have fun with it!

Thanks again all, your kind words and appreciation.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2007-05-25 20:49 ]

A

just checked out the ship and it's awesome. great job and curse ye any scurvy dog that sez any diffrent!

K

WOW!!!
RAmyland looks great! Benno great job. Becky and I were just talking about Cinco De Tiki, can't really remember much. Zombie fountain and..... Zombies!

Gee Whiz! If that isn't the coolest thing. Man Ben, you are the best! Queen, your back yard is awesome.

Mrs Hoptiki

T

This is talent out on loan !!!!

arttard- LOL, thanks.... Got somemore pieces for it, like a ships wheels, will add these this weekend

KonTiki2- Tell becky Hi, its almost that time of year again, you'll have to come for the 6th tiki party!

Mrs BPHoptiki - Thank you for the kind words, Ben is the master, I was his assistant :)

Thank you all again, II have some Lamps from Ben, and the ships wheel arrived and some other items, will post a few more pictures this weekend.

Amy

...But how did the "Black Rock" end up in the middle of the island? ARRRRRRRRRsum work BooBen! Killer playground er yard?? Amy!

C

Excellent idea, greatly done, what a teem! Congrats!

M

My my my Amy! Beautiful retreat. Benboo rocks! (where the hell was he when we were doin the boo stretching?)

Very nice fixture

You must be proud.

Mahalo

McTiki

Morbid....I think the Airstream would be great....I always wanted to do that in my backyard too (can't do it where I am now due to homeowner's association). I say...go for it!!! You could always do a pirate theme in one of the rooms. :)

Amy & Ben.....what a fantastic job....it just looks great. Definitely gonna have to try to swing by sometime to check it out. :wink:

Thank you Clarita, mctiki and Vam. Well, the yard is all cleaned up and I had ray take phoyos as I actually suck at it....so I hope you like these

K

Now that's a backyard that can stir the cockles of me cold black rock of a heart!
As usual, BenBoo does it best!
Enjoy in good health, Queen K!
:drink:
K.

Wow Amy!

The yard looks sooo clean.

Clean enough for a party?!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

p.s. I had a dream about a 2 story tree house last night...

Kia ora Amy. I was in the neighbourhood so thought Id pop round for a cold one. Sorry I took so long to get here but in a way Im glad; it looks like all the hard work has been done & the result is fantastic! What an amazing place to live and entertain! Have the nieghbours gotten used to the concept yet? Throw them a good party & all will be forgiven Im sure! :wink:

Great collection of carvings etc. You live it!

Tama :)

T

I love it!!!!! The attention to details really shows. What a great place to hang out and have a party. I thought the pirate and treasure chest were a great addition too!!! Your place is awesome!!! Such imagination!!!!! Any future plans???? I'm trying to convince my husband we need a volcano off of our patio. He is finally getting use to my crazy ideas.

On 2007-06-05 04:07, Tamapoutini wrote:
Kia ora Amy. I was in the neighbourhood so thought Id pop round for a cold one. Sorry I took so long to get here but in a way Im glad; it looks like all the hard work has been done & the result is fantastic! What an amazing place to live and entertain! Have the nieghbours gotten used to the concept yet? Throw them a good party & all will be forgiven Im sure! :wink:

Great collection of carvings etc. You live it!

Tama :)

Hi Tama, thanks, next time you come to the mainland, stop by and have a drink :) We are very happy with it, all the neigbors came this weekend except the mean one, oh well. All is good and happy in ramyland

Amy

On 2007-06-05 07:24, TikiDot wrote:
I love it!!!!! The attention to details really shows. What a great place to hang out and have a party. I thought the pirate and treasure chest were a great addition too!!! Your place is awesome!!! Such imagination!!!!! Any future plans???? I'm trying to convince my husband we need a volcano off of our patio. He is finally getting use to my crazy ideas.

Hi TikiDot, just do the volcano! My husband was the same, and now he loves it. we started piece by piece and have been building on the yard for over 4 years.
I believe its the detail that makes the magic, I saw old people pushing their hands in the treasure chest ! lol....

Yes, I have another project, trying to talk Ben into coming back out when it gets cooler. It's too hot now.

Amy

T

Can't wait to see what the next project will be!!!!

Cheese & Crackers! AWESOME! Way better than my ship! I got some great ideas, though. So maybe my ship can be kinda cool! If the Mr would just get with it; we have the wheel, Jacob's ladder, rope ladders, nets. All in a pile in the garage. Maybe now the Mr will get motivated! Sweet ship QK!!

That is really cool! I love the way the side of the ship is "broken" open. Fantastic work!

T

WOW, what a great playground you have! I wonder if I can talk the wife into letting have my own playground.

Congratulations!

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=palm+desert+weather&btnG=Search

Couldn't be nicer weather to start another project in

RAYMYLAND !!!

We draw with our feet in the sand and wave our arms around in the air starting this Mon. ( going green and not wasting any paper aka plans, this time! :wink:

Keep an Eye Out !!!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 1:53 AM

On 2007-12-01 08:22, RevBambooBen wrote:

Keep an Eye Out !!!

oooooh, cant wait for more goodness from you 2! :D

Our original plan got kinda squashed by some asshole neighbors so we had to go with something simple.

Named it the Queens Hut. ( hence the white)

(The original plan was going to be a 3 story tiki tree house.
Down with the man!! Man!! )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies