Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The show me your Witco thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,611 replies

UT

On 2017-04-30 11:20, sputnikmoss wrote:
Meow!

Nice find! I like your collection of Quistgaard pepper mills in the background.

Just got this guy,he will go in the Lowbrow Lanai once we get it set up.I also have a pump question if anyone can help, I posted in another thread.Thanks!

Score

2 more (center and left)
Guitar and I think the other is a mandolin

I found this guy for $3.00 yesterday and had a lot of fun squeezing it into a Honda Accord, fortunately the "ama" part of it was able to be separated from the boat so I was able to get in into the trunk.

Sweet

Just brought this home and thanks to happy buddha for confirming what I had hoped and suggested I post it here after posting in tiki finds.

I can find no image of this anywhere and with no cushions would like to know what the original cushion config would look like. Was there a fabric backing along the whole back?

There was apparently a chair as well at one time, but all they had was the webbing.

Measures 84" x 33" and Height back 30" and seat area 18"

[ Edited by: rum on the rideau 2017-08-09 18:42 ]

[ Edited by: rum on the rideau 2017-08-09 18:49 ]

K

Around 1965

On 2017-08-10 18:26, keigs20 wrote:

Around 1965

That's great. Thank you very much.

Anyone know what happened to TIKI DAVID on here ? I was told he passed away .Not sure if this is true and how long ago .He and I chatted years ago and he seemed to have and find more Witco then anyone else I have seen or talked to He was my only hope of buying or finding the large Mainlander Witco fountain with two spill ways.I wonder what happen to all his Witco .I hope someone that personally knows him could chime in on this , not to get off the subject of Witco collections on here .

I have this. Can't find any info on it or if it was known by something other than mp-10. I tried to post in the marketplace but unable to. I'd like to know it's approximate value. Thanks.

That’s a bad, bad luck tiki . Get rid of it asap. PM me for further assistance.

Wow!!! Feel free to send me any and all of those!

[ Edited by: DixonAlibi 2017-10-09 13:19 ]

For the right price, anything is possible! :D

What’s the story on all the stools? Recent score?

They came from the Mai Kai Lounge in Tecumseh right? Definitely would like to hear the story. And who got the 2 big tikis from there??

WOW
Score

Recent score, and happy buddha you got it -- the Mai Kai Lounge (est 1971) finally closed and we saved all we could. Will have more pictures later in tiki finds but this was the only Witco...

On 2017-10-16 20:04, mike and marie wrote:
Recent score, and happy buddha you got it -- the Mai Kai Lounge (est 1971) finally closed and we saved all we could. Will have more pictures later in tiki finds but this was the only Witco...

I’m sad to hear of the closing of the Mai Kai Lounge. It was fully intact when I documented the place way back when but the slow downfall and closing is not a surprise. I would have loved to have gotten a piece of this local treasure. Here’s a link to my thread about the Mai Kai Lounge.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26308&forum=2

Always loved that thread, and so we don't derail this thread from its Witco purpose, we replied over there...

Saw this online
On the back of a guitar
None of mine had this tag

Finally got my Witco Llama! Love this guy!

Score

I had three little kitties that I found in the wild follow me home today...

Witco Viking Ship

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2018-08-17 08:51 ]

Picked up this hanging sword last weekend for $75

T

Picked up this great floor lamp recently.

This chair came with a friend's house when he bought it ten years ago. Finally decided to sell it to me.

Fit for a king

H
Hearn posted on Wed, Dec 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Merry Christmas Tiki Centralites!

Mele Kalikimaka

My first Witco!:smile:

Nice

Not mine
Posting for a friend of mine back east
He went to and estate sale
Somehow walked out with this for free
:)

hang10
Free Witco is good Witco

Got this retouched/redone witco today for a steal.

HB- :)

EC- nice

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2019-03-30 20:22 ]

Got one

H

Nice one Jon, here's mine.

Found this twenty years ago in Fillmore, CA as is, not sure why they took the furniture apart but I am glad to have it.

20 years new
:)

I like em

Haven't bought this yet and I was just wondering if its witco or not.

Thanks!

[ Edited by: Firetiger93 2019-06-07 18:29 ]

Nope

Here is our find in Asheville NC. We are moving and it is in storage. We’ve not had a chance to clean it up. There are two stools. I never see this pattern much.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1611 replies