Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The show me your Witco thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,611 replies

Well it took me a while to clean these up and get em back together but here ya go...

I think this guy was originally an aqua color underneath then got repainted

I think this guy came in Tangerine (orange) but then did not match the aqua guy and then also go repainted to match

They came with the frames painted gold and one of them was mounted upside down in the frame - I could tell because of the writing on the back!

Thanks to Keigs for help in ideas for fixin them up and a references scan from the Witco catalog. (MP-1 & MP-3 are the piece numbers)

Maybe someone in Fort Lauderdale FL is interested in this...

http://fortlauderdale.craigslist.org/for/491351568.html

I wish I lived closer, for $200.00 it is a steal!

PTD

that ft.lauderdale tiki is sold.it was sold the same day it was posted. do you think it is a witco? it sure looks like it to me.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2007-12-27 14:18 ]

test

test

ok again

]

a witco clock

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-10-29 12:51 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-11-05 11:22 ]

N

i finally have access to a digital camera, so here are some pics of the witco that i picked up at the brimfield flea last year...

Witco?
What do you guys think?
It looks like witco but I don't know enough about this to tell.

Nice find there Bood. I see you have been hold'n out on me. Looks like Witco to me but I'll let the pros decide. Good place to store the extra rum though.

the paint and the style says 'Witco' the large nail heads say 'made in spain' i say if you are a collector , it looks good enough to hang out with the real suff in you bar.

On 2008-02-17 10:54, TIKI DAVID wrote:
the paint and the style says 'Witco' the large nail heads say 'made in spain' i say if you are a collector , it looks good enough to hang out with the real suff in you bar.

Thats what I was thinking also, thanks, I think I will try and off it on flea bay.

oh,well if your going to just put it on ebay call it WITCO. it looks more like witco than most of the shit that they are calling witco on there now.

Glue some big white and black googlie eyes on it and call it a Witco owl wine rack.

"just my opinion,i could be wrong"
this is not mine,i founnd it in a vintage shop here in cleveland. they are asking 450.00 for it.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-02-21 09:36 ]

S
squid posted on Wed, Feb 27, 2008 8:57 PM

Maybe??? Grain and color look correct but I ain't no expert. Lighter insert is typical Japan of the period and still works.:)

Found this funny mirrored plant holder for $3. Witco? no. Witco-esque? Perhaps...

Here's the great card attached to the back

K

Hey Squid the lighter is not a Witco although cool. They did not do lighters.
Haole, the mirrored plant holder is not a Witco either. But hey it says tiki on it :)

This is a fake also http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-Mystery-Vintage-WITCO-Tiki-Godess-Wall-Hanging_W0QQitemZ300207679510QQihZ020QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pleasanttiki.com

[ Edited by: keigs20 2008-03-15 22:25 ]

That IS a cool label. The mirror glass looks kinda 70s, but I think it was available into the 80s. I wonder what else "Tiki" made, and what survived of it. Call that number and ask "Are you Tiki?" :)

And that Hula girl carving, now that IS primitive. Another example how inspiring Witco was in its day.

Are these Witco?

Marked on the back as MS-648...

Not too bad for $20.00 if they aren't?

PTD

they look like part of my "conquesidor bar" i'll look for a link to photos previously posted

a little back in this thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20416&forum=5&vpost=254470

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2008-04-02 16:31 ]

Thanks for link, sneakyjack! Those panels in your bar look almost identical to the ones I found!

I was beginning to wonder if they were Witco since no one responded? The two panels are about 4 feet tall and have some nice color that contrast the wood frame and pieces in the artwork. I was unable to take them home with me on the plane from Chicago, but my father has already packed them and they should be arriving here on Friday...

Now my on dilemma is where am I going to put these?

PTD

Sorry PTD, so much to scan, so little time. I wanted to show them in the 1964 catalog, and here they are (well one of them),
The WITCO MELODY STYX (!?):

A little desaturated perhaps...

On 2008-04-02 20:39, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sorry PTD, so much to scan, so little time. I wanted to show them in the 1964 catalog, and here they are (well one of them),
The WITCO MELODY STYX (!?):

A little desaturated perhaps...

Thanks once again bigbro, I knew I could count on the TC tribe to confirm my suspicions! I guess I am happier to find the ones without the candle holders, have those candles burning would worry the tiki hammer immensely!

PTD

T

Witco must have not had one piece of scrap wood. They could find a use for any piece and sell it. They are cool pieces though.

Is it Witco?

It had some dowels in it from when it was mounted on something in a previous life

Most importantly, what should I put on the ebay listing to maximize my return?

Buzzy Out!

Bad joke........deleted. Ku, begged for forgiveness._________________

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-05 00:30 ]

TD

On 2008-04-04 14:17, Billy the Crud wrote:
Found this the other day.......is it Witco

i don't understand ,are you just stupid?  

"just my opinion,i could be wrong"

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-04-04 15:32 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-04-04 15:33 ]

Continuation of bad joke deletion.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-05 00:32 ]

Isn't there some kind of old internet wisdom that states something like "He who posts shit .... gets shit!" ?

Buzzy, that is such a badly executed piece, it must be a Witco copy. Witco did make that design as a mask, but it was always cut out, never chiseled into a board like that.

TD

i am not so sure that is chiseled,it looks chain sawed to me .then just never cut out. i don't know . just my thoughts

On 2008-04-04 15:47, bigbrotiki wrote:
Isn't there some kind of old internet wisdom that states something like "He who posts shit .... gets shit!" ?

Buzzy, that is such a badly executed piece, it must be a Witco copy. Witco did make that design as a mask, but it was always cut out, never chiseled into a board like that.

No more posting rubber dog doo.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-04-05 00:34 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1611 replies