Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Which car is the most tikish?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 265 replies

It is often said that a person's personality is reflected by the kind of car they drive. If this is true, what kind of car would a Tiki afficinado drive?

For example...

Jimmy Buffett fan:

Hippie or hippie wannabe:

Surfer:

Googie, astro-age jetsetter:

Tiki afficianado:
????

I'm a fan of the old school VW for Tiki or a VW bus

M
Moki posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 12:36 PM

My all time favorite car.......

If I could have one, I'd like it to be the turquiose and white color combo :)

This is the one for me , of course Tikidiablo doing work on it makes it all the more tiki...

T

For my money...it is definately the amphicar...

I guess we are a family of hippies we have 5 of these. Tiki = YES

Those attending some of the recent Tiki events may have likely spotted Dr.TikiMojo's Tiki Cruiser the official delivery vehicle of TIKI HUNTER!
It has traveled over 3000 miles in the past 4 weeks!
From the Napa Valley to The Alibi in Portland, Oregon to The Seattle Home Tiki Bar Tour in...well, uh Seattle Washington back down to the Bay Area - repack and off again for SoCal and the Long Beach Tiki Festival! It has Tiki Door Locks, Tiki Gear shift Knob, Tiki Plates and more! Out Tiki THIS!

via Dave's Show Rods

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2006-08-26 13:37 ]

T

On 2006-08-26 10:53, tikipedia wrote:
Jimmy Buffett fan:

Does it come in purple?

A real Tiki would drive this.

RUT

[ Edited by: R U Tiki 2006-08-26 22:20 ]

RUT

A tribute to tiki on my car's trunk.

On 2006-08-26 22:19, Jungle Trader wrote:

Through the Lincoln Tunnel?

On 2006-08-26 23:18, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2006-08-26 22:19, Jungle Trader wrote:

Through the Lincoln Tunnel?

Nope.
Through The Sandwich Islands and on to Midway.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 27, 2006 12:46 AM

On 2006-08-26 21:37, tikibars wrote:

On 2006-08-26 10:53, tikipedia wrote:
Jimmy Buffett fan:

Does it come in purple?

YESSIRREE, I GOT ME A PURPLE PT AND BOY, YOU'RE RIGHT, DO I LOVE ME SOME JIM-MAY BUF-FAY, YEEEEEEEEEHAA!! In fact I think I'll change my "Thrillville" gig to...you guessed it...MARGARITAVILLE, with my co-host MONICA, MARGARITA GODDESS! (Well, she is Mexican.) Nothing says TIKI more than a PURPLE PIT CRUISER blasting "Margaritaville" as it zips around the exotic isle of Alameda at 25 per!!!
(ps...just wondering, since you're the expert here...does JB have any OTHER songs?...I mean, this one is an absolute bona fide masterpiece, easily the greatest single piece of music ever created since it says so much about the universal human condition, and in such a timeless fashion, but...I admit, I am bit tired of playing it on a continuous loop while I drive around in drunken circles...)

CL

:lol: So that was YOU running those drunken circles at 26 miles an hour in your JB mobile. By the way, it looked great when I finally saw it last week.

S

On 2006-08-26 12:36, Moki wrote:
My all time favorite car.......

If I could have one, I'd like it to be the turquiose and white color combo :)

Nash Metropolitan . My uncle was a Nash ( and then American Motors ) dealer in CT in the 50's . I remember him pulling up one day in a Nash-Healey - very rare car as you may know . Wow !

I think you need to start with a '61 Dodge. The tan color they offered was actually called "Bamboo"!

TT

'Bout this one?

[ Edited by: sophista-tiki 2007-07-26 20:16 ]

Danny or anyone...where is the pic of the coupe taken? * nevermind I figured it out- Sam's Seafood- duh on me * Nice coupe too!

I like that wagon up there too!

[ Edited by: Aloha John 2007-07-27 07:06 ]

MT

On 2007-07-26 09:16, Tiki Diablo wrote:
'Bout this one?

Is that Jimmy Buffet's car?

Kidding!!! Just kidding!!! That car is awesome, Danny, do you have any more pics? How about one of under the hood?

Tikish? I don't know. Gotta like the location anyway...

I sure hauled away a lot of tiki stuff in my 'tiki mobile' that day.

This gem is for sale around the corner from me, here in Hampton , New Hampshire! A 60' something Chevy Impala - the interior is immaculate! Even has a suicide knob on the steering wheel! Looks like an awesome Tiki ride to me.... I so wish I was more than a stahvin' ahtist!

This car dealer, btw, is amazing; probably has 50 pristine cars for sale from the 30's to the 70's!
That's his phone number on the window, just add a 603 on the front. Happy to do any leg work if any of you want to know more about what this guy's got!

Just for the record, the Chevy's a '63 & if I have to look at one more VW, I'm gonna hurl my pu-pu platter!

Tonga Trader!

Sweet choice. I could totally imagine one of those in a sylized illustration being valet parked while two couples are seated (woman in hats of course)

And another VW This one belongs to Holden "Makedamug"

T

I love the old VW Manx!

T

A

The most tikifish? There's one person who could answer that (if she were still around these parts).

-Randy

T

On 2007-07-27 13:47, TikiMike wrote:
I love the old VW Manx!

I always wanted one of those.

'Chariot of the Gods', y'think...? 'Thought I was hallucinating, first time I saw this way-boss sled cruisin' the hood...

Cheers and fabloha,
SOK
http://www.yoyoisland.com

"Don't let it be forgot,
That once there was a Spot,
Where Blowfish all wore sunglasses,
and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-07-27 21:18 ]

Spotted in Sweden last weekend... Belgian plates...

That VW Manx is definitely what I consider tiki!

On 2006-08-27 00:46, GROG wrote:

Thats off my favorite VW web site! I love The samba.com! Classic VW are my first love.

I have a Bus project rusting in my driveway and I am planing on making it a bamboo tiki bus. I had tons of pictures of the samba to help me with ideas.

More bamboo buses from the samba .com
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/105615.jpg
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/105613.jpg

This is my plan for my bus,..some day.

S

Behind it you pull "Trailer Vic's"

this beautiful car has a very tiki'ish
"easter-island face":

On 2007-08-09 14:33, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Spotted in Sweden last weekend... Belgian plates...

Sweet!

Here is our '69 ID with the green '65 peeking in

I wouldn't mind the red Mehari either!

here's my beach kruiser... 1967 Datsun 520, the "Rattle Box"

Ok Im posting the pics of my bus again. Hope no one hurls in their pupu platter because its a VW I still love my car, built it myself, its hand painted with a brush! Ive been driving it for about 15 yrs.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2007-08-11 09:22 ]

T

On 2007-07-26 08:37, Tonga Trader wrote:
I think you need to start with a '61 Dodge.
The tan color they offered was actually called "Bamboo"!

reminds me of this car:

(picture taken from the website http://www.elvisinhawaii.com,
showing car in front of the cocopalms-hotel)

There was a car that Shag did some work on I saw years ago. In was parked in front of one his shows, maybe "Sophisticated Misfits"? Can't hardly remember, an orange VW Thing, I think?? It was very, very cool. Ring a bell with anyone?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 265 replies