Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Which car is the most tikish?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 265 replies

That's got to be the most eclectic paint job I've ever seen :D Way Cool!!!

How do you know it won't go more that 30 mph, it has no gauges!!! :lol:

Wow! There are some awesome rides posted here!!! As for me I've always been a dune buggy fan. Ever since I saw my first Myers Manx, I was hooked on the buggy concept. Living most of my life on or near the beach, I found myself looking for a car to suit the lifestyle. I've had a few VW's over the years(including a '63 micro bus rag top which I wish I still had), but the ultimate beach cruiser for me is this 1970 classic four seater buggy. It has a peppy little 1835 motor w/ dual carbs and a IRS suspension. I built the bamboo surf rack and had some custom "Wet Okole" tiki seat covers made. It's a hukilau on wheels!! A hui ho!

I used to own a 1960 Falcon! That was a cool car for sure. Honey, you have a great car but they do have their limitations. Mine never went over 60 even on the freeway. It burned oil like a maharaji. I wish I still had it though. Nice upholstery job too!

all of my stuff is surftiki! dig?? just fink about it.
66 streamline trailer

64 dodge dart wagon//surf cruiser

1962 ford econoline vruk!! the tiki truck, gettin her back from THEIVES!

this trailer will be at oasis! come git a drink during the car show!

oh yeah, i almost forgot... the wife's ride!

1964 honda superhawk!!!

A
V<
http://www.davewarshaw.com

[ Edited by: sleestak 2009-07-15 22:53 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2009-07-15 22:55 ]

MT

On 2009-07-15 17:41, tropicalihoney wrote:*
I wish I could bring it to Tiki Oasis, but I don't think it fits the criteria :(

Well, guess what? I just talked to Baby Doe, and you're in for the Tiki Oasis Car Show! And that also means that you get two tickets for Tiki Oasis as well!!! Please PM me for further info and details for the car show.

We're still looking for a few more cars for the Tiki Oasis Car Show. If you have a cool tiki-fied car that you'd like to bring to the Tiki Oasis Car Show, or have a friend that has a cool car, please let us know. There is no entrance fee to bring your car (although the Crowne Plaza Hotel charges a $12 fee to park your car), and you will get two free tickets to Tiki Oasis, and that's an $80 value!!! Plus, there's going to be a photo shoot at the car show with all of the Pin-Up gals, and that will be a sight not to be missed!

ooohh--I want to go to that trailer!
I gotta work it on my end and see if I can get a tow down and back--I have the deluxe AAA--I'll call tomorrow and figger it out :)

Mai Tai,
Man, I really wished I would have thought about that tonight--my town had a Rods & Woody night and there were tons of great surf/tiki cars-woodies-like the ones pictured-:( Maybe I can get contacts through the local car clubs here--

[ Edited by: tropicali*honey 2009-07-16 21:43 ]

(socalcarculture/mooneyes-bbq)

Thank you for sharing...many, many hip rides shown.

Personally, drive an old Jeep Cherokee. It may not be truly "Tiki" but for this writer, it beats any flavour of generic, nauseatingly boring suburb-mobile.

MT

I posted this on the previous page, but will bump it again here so people can see it.

We're still looking for a few more cars for the Tiki Oasis Car Show. We were originally targeting only woodies, dune buggies, surf wagons and surfed out VW's, but we have decided to open up the car show for other cars as well. If you have a cool car, tiki-fied or not, that you'd like to bring to the Tiki Oasis Car Show, or have a friend that has a cool car, please let us know. There is no entrance fee to bring your car (although the Crowne Plaza Hotel charges a $12 fee to park your car), and you will get two free tickets to Tiki Oasis, and that's an $80 value!!! Plus, there's going to be a photo shoot at the car show with all of the Pin-Up gals, and that will be a sight not to be missed!

I have been asking around--and if I can at the last minute pull of mine-how late in the game would that work?

I originally posted this about a year ago on another thread, but it seems to fit here:

My 1967 Mercury Monterey:

The 1968 Mercury Park Lane that Jack Lord drove on Hawaii Five-O:

Pretty close, huh?
Here's a link to a pretty cool story that I found shortly after I bought the car, about how a fan tracked the original car down and restored it to its former glory.
http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/50mercury.htm

Make sure you click on picture #5 to see the license plate!

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2009-08-12 17:00 ]

A8

I wish I'd seen this link before I posted a similiar one.

HJ

Tiki-Riv that is THE hippest ride it has been these eyes' privilege to view in thes pages. Mega-tres-beaucoup fine. Good on you!

'Personally, use and like an old Jeep Cherokee. Better for Central Coast (Great Lakes) winters than a T-Bird....

Saw this over by the Bali Hai this week

It looks like Da-Woody was originally part of the bay show at Seaworld

I just read Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issues for the Tiki cars...

HJ

Capt. Adam Troy, commander of the trading schooner Tiki III in the tv series "Adventures In Paradise" drove a simple, humble WW II suprlus Willys MB or Ford GPA "Jeep" when ashore.

D

I used to own this one...it was THE Tiki Cruiser, Baby!

Keep on Rockin',

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
USMC '82-'85, 5711/0811
A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything."

[ Edited by: DJKen 2010-06-29 23:26 ]

[ Edited by: DJKen 2010-07-01 15:24 ]

T

The Thing, all the way

T

With wicker seats and meant to be hauled from port-to-port on your yacht, I guess it qualifies:

Fiat Jolly (1958) Value: $30,000 - $60,000

The Jolly, a modified Fiat 500 or 600, was intended for wealthy yacht owners who wanted a car
they could carry from resort to resort on their boat. The seats were made of wicker and an
optional fringe top protected occupants from sunburn. Not surprisingly, perhaps, it didn't
sell well. That's why fewer than 100 exist today, a small supply that increases their value.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1469/cars-flops-then-collectible-now/

[ Edited by: tikigik 2010-07-04 19:22 ]

D

Personally, I think I'd go for something a little more retro. How about the classic 2CV - could do with a paint job but otherwise perfect Tiki car?

T

For me it's got to be the Woody.
Here are two we saw over the week end.
Ok, one Woody, and one fo Woody.

T

My Tikimobile.. complete with dashboard hula girl. :D

That Fiat Jolly So cool I want one!!!

D
DJKen posted on Wed, Jul 7, 2010 11:40 PM

I perform at several car Shows around SoCal, and one of them is the Queen's English Show featuring all English vehicles... this Rolls Royce usually shows up...

R
Rudy posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2010 7:41 PM

Not mine, belongs to a buddy:

Now that's what I call tiki

Helen.

[ Edited by: helenwalks55 2010-07-12 00:32 ]

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - Edited to remove spam links - 2010-07-12 00:47 ]

On 2010-07-04 19:19, tikigik wrote:
With wicker seats and meant to be hauled from port-to-port on your yacht, I guess it qualifies:

Fiat Jolly (1958) Value: $30,000 - $60,000

The Jolly, a modified Fiat 500 or 600, was intended for wealthy yacht owners who wanted a car
they could carry from resort to resort on their boat. The seats were made of wicker and an
optional fringe top protected occupants from sunburn. Not surprisingly, perhaps, it didn't
sell well. That's why fewer than 100 exist today, a small supply that increases their value.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1469/cars-flops-then-collectible-now/

Just one of these Fiats in prestine condition - in coral color with wicker seats and fringe top at Greenwich Connecticut's Lexus Dealer. - http://www.lexusofgreenwich.com/

[ Edited by: tikigik 2010-07-04 19:22 ]

T

ok here it is the almost finished 67 vw dormobile, I designed the inside and built it the seats have a moari tiki theme
the sun visors I cut out , but decited to do the design in black walnut, Ill post the finish product photo. my tiki bus is 99 % complete, thanks tikibad scott

[ Edited by: tikibad 2010-07-15 15:40 ]

D

Flash Car Show At Giovanni's In Fullerton, Ca...

I am pleased and humbled to announce that my '59 F-100 FROD brought home the trophy for "Special Interest" tonight...

After over twenty years of producing car shows and awarding thousands of trophies to thousands of deserving vehicles and their owners, I have been recognized for coloring outside the lines with a vehicle that most people would never think of customizing.

I am still planning the interior, tiki is definitely going to be a major theme on the inside, (the outside will reflect my business and the retro theme of my website, http://www.djken.com ).

The letters across the front read FROD instead of FORD due to the fact that everything under the sheetmetal is Chrysler, hence; FROD (fraud)... :wink:

Keep on Rockin',

Ken

http://www.djken.com

(714) 686-8397
A Budhist walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "Make me one with everything".

[ Edited by: DJKen 2010-07-17 22:40 ]

W

There's Also a Tiki Jeep. Anyone heard of this?

D
DJKen posted on Tue, Jul 27, 2010 9:28 AM

WoofMutt,

There's a fvew threads about them evidently...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37286&forum=1&3

:wink:

My New Tiki Car Project had this car a few months, in the pics its running porsche rims but its back on original wheels for the time being. Have a few issues getting parts for this in the UK as there are only 12 here and only 10,000 made for the JDM. What is it well its a Nissan Rasheen has a moon stering wheel moon pedals bit lower than normal! Should have a vinatge coleman cooler in the back with a sub woofer fitted shortly. Need to get a roof rack made up as well but my first trip to Oahu is going to stop play for a while!

This is my Tiki project!auto wise.lol.:)

Pretty cool tiki'd '51 Ford woody wagon posted here yesterday:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/12/15/car-spotlight-gt-gt-tiki-d-out-v8-woody.aspx

TT

I call this my Tiki-Wagon...
o.k. it's not really Tiki, but a Wagon !

1975 Mazda 929

[ Edited by: HelveTiki 2010-12-17 03:49 ]

H
hewey posted on Fri, Dec 17, 2010 3:00 AM

Ive sold my old Ford wagon and now have a '62 Holden ute (Aussie arm of GM). Seen here with my tiki bike and my paipo (hawaiian bellyboard) at a recent surf nostalgia show in Sydney.

thats a winning combo love it

Mine is pretty sweet --Now For Sale-- not really tiki but could be tweaked to be more tiki-fied. :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38680&forum=12

This writer's '93 Jeep Cherokee is not truly a Tiki ride, but likely quite a bit moreso than an '09 Toyota Corolla or Lincoln Mk X.

Rinspeed BamBoo

Found this on my way to work this morning:

Sorry, bad photo,
made the picture with my mobilephone camera.

That's probably the most Tiki vehicle I've seen so far.

S

It seems the most obvious answer has been overlooked: The Scion TC!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 265 replies