Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

MAY I BE SO BOLD !

Pages: 1 16 replies

I think the Tiki central people should come out with their own brand line of drink ingredients and liquors. I’m tired of seeing poor grade drinks and mixers ruining a perfectly good drink. And if that works we could come out with food lines what about Polynesian style entrees and sauce mixes. We at Tiki Central know the best we also know that good ingredients make good food. I would like to see a brand that matches even the pickiest of tastes. How many times have you said this doesn’t taste fresh or had bad mixer for piña colada or had food that you said that’s ok but it could have been better! I think it would be great but I guess its only a pipedream

That is an absolutely capital idea, pun intended.

have you read the post about restaraunts ror the most part they suck the food is bad the drinks are poor to modrate an everything is expensive! I tink we could produce better products for less

Dood, I am on your side! }:)

I do not have much business knowledge, but I bet that I could be a product consultant. };)

At the least, I would buy stock.

This place has grown by leaps and bounds since the original post...... does the idea stand the test of (internet) time?

Anyone wanna go in together on a business venture?

K
Kahu posted on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 7:12 AM

I would like to place my order for a bottle of Loki's Loquat Liquor, could you please direct me kind sir?

S

I thought about putting together a "Grog Log" package a few years ago to sell on Ebay as a sort of "stuff you need and probably don't have, in order to make the drinks in The Bum's books." I would include:

Falernum
Orgeat
Pimento Liqueur
Bitters (maybe)
simple syrup
cinnamon infused syrup
coconut snow powder
pernod

Something like that. But, although the Grog Log is huge seller on Amazon, I don't know that there is a real market for this idea. It could be that people get the books and are daunted and don't try to make the drinks because they don't have these things. I just know the people on the Grogalizer are not that market and those actively using it are not that plentiful. So, you'd have to figure out what the market really is.

I also put links to online retailers for the hard to find items on the Grogalizer.

And, you'd probably get in trouble from the revenuers over selling liqueur online.

[ Edited by: Swanky 2008-08-14 07:38 ]

On 2008-08-14 07:36, Swanky wrote:
I thought about putting together a "Grog Log" package a few years ago to sell on Ebay as a sort of "stuff you need and probably don't have, in order to make the drinks in The Bum's books." I would include:

Falernum
Orgeat
Pimento Liqueur
Bitters (maybe)
simple syrup
cinnamon infused syrup
coconut snow powder
pernod

Something like that. But, although the Grog Log is huge seller on Amazon, I don't know that there is a real market for this idea.

I used to think that. But then, last week a liquor store employee told me that I was the third person who had asked for Velvet falernum that day. He was amazed, because he thought he was the only one who used falernum in drinks.

While vintage cocktails are a passion for some of us, it's clear that they are becoming a fad for many beyond the circle of dedicated tikiphiles.

I'm still waiting for TC swizzle sticks.

S

I wouldn't mind a few TC swizzle sticks.

Falernum
Orgeat
Pimento Liqueur
Bitters (maybe)
simple syrup
cinnamon infused syrup
coconut snow powder
pernod

It could be that people get the books and are daunted and don't try to make the drinks because they don't have these things.

This is me. The whole thing is overwhelming. Beer and wine, or volunteer mixologists at my outpost. But I might be inclined to buy a "Grog Log Stimulation Package" like this.

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 9:52 PM

Falernum
Orgeat
Pimento Liqueur
Bitters (maybe)
simple syrup
cinnamon infused syrup
coconut snow powder
pernod

Something like that. But, although the Grog Log is huge seller on Amazon, I don't know that there is a real market for this idea. It could be that people get the books and are daunted and don't try to make the drinks because they don't have these things. I just know the people on the Grogalizer are not that market and those actively using it are not that plentiful. So, you'd have to figure out what the market really is.

I also put links to online retailers for the hard to find items on the Grogalizer.

And, you'd probably get in trouble from the revenuers over selling liqueur online.

Yeah, and Passion fruit syrup made from real passion fruit. The Bum's Grog Log says Trader Vic's brand does use actual passion fruit but that was 10 years ago, if you read the ingredients now there is nothing real in it...

H

I'll sell you guys simple syrup all day long! Mine's the best! :lol:

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 10:00 PM

On 2008-08-14 21:58, Howland wrote:

So that means we're still friends...?!? :wink:

H

Falernum
Orgeat
Pimento Liqueur
Bitters (maybe)
simple syrup
cinnamon infused syrup
coconut snow powder
pernod

Seriously though, Swank, that's a good idea. I just had to order orgeat and falernum online--hard to find in these parts. I can find (or make) the rest but it would still be easier to just buy the whole 'mixology kit'.

H

On 2008-08-14 22:00, KuKu wrote:

On 2008-08-14 21:58, Howland wrote:

So that means we're still friends...?!? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:Yes, we're still friends. That's been a Hukilau mystery for me KuKu since you first said that--I still don't know what started that--was it something I said--or did? Just glad we're still friends--and we can derail threads in harmony! :)

S

Yeah, good call. Passionfruit syrup. Maybe honey mix too.

Pages: 1 16 replies