Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 698 replies

Here is the information about the Denver Modernism Show with Charles Phoenix slide show. http://www.denvermodernism.com/ I am thinking I will be there Friday night to see the show and look at the stuff for sale. If you plan to be there, either post or send me a pm.

Aloha Denver tiki tribe!

Many thanks for the warm welcome last night at Fink's (or I should say Finks'). It was great meeting everyone! We hope to participate in more of these events, if not all.

And speaking of events, my hubby and I are gearing up for our 4th annual Tiki Fest, being held on Aug.25th (see evite below). The party is held at our pad - once you RSVP we'll send you directions. There's always a good amount of folks that turn out. Free tiki drinks all day long - we "rent" a bartender every year. Plus, this year my hubby's old surf band Maraca 5-0 is going to be playing live. To RSVP go to the official party website: http://www.tiki-fest.com.

Hope you all can make it!

[ Edited by: tikibeeyatch 2007-08-06 13:00 ]

TF

Thanks to everyone for making Tiki Fink Theatre super fun. Xtra thanks to Zulu for the nuts and bolts and to Helz for Hela bartending!

We had an awesome time! Hope everyone did as well.

T.F.

H
Helz posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 1:19 PM

My deepest appreciation to Mr. and Mrs. Fink for hosting such a wonderful bash! The food was amazing, and you made my dispensing of the libations a pure breeze...

And thanks to Zulu for all of the work to get the movie up and running (Twice) as well as the exelent pre-movie attractions (I can't get that dance number out of my head).

And, it was so great to everybody, and to hang out and talk and snack.

Mahalo!!!!!!!!

Z

Finks - Thanks for a great evening. It was fantastic event as usual.

Erin, it was great to meet you and Mike, I hope you guys will make it out to more of our events. Great job on your invite, we are planning on coming over.

Zulu

Hey, thanks Zulu!

Fink, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but my husband and I LOVED your paintings! They are very cool! And of course, your house in fantastic. I had to stop drooling at some of your furniture pieces.

Keep it real!

Also, I was surfing around Craiglist and came across a couple SWEET items that I thought I'd let everyone know about. Personally I can't afford either of these items right now, but maybe one of you other Denver tiki-philes can!

• Bamboo Bar - $120

http://denver.craigslist.org/fur/393978855.html

• Custom Water Fountain - $1500

http://denver.craigslist.org/fur/391697734.html

TF

Erin:

Thanks!

We are also looking forward to Tikifest.

T.F.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:59:48 ]

Pop - I'm not suprised that your new bar only made it to the garage before Helz started pouring;)

Erin - That is a sweet Witco fountain you found, the seller must know what they have for that asking price.

Fink and Randi - Enjoy yourselves at Oasis again this year. I imagine it will be much improved over last year.

Zulu

Matterhorn - Thanks for the heads up on the Denver Moderism show. I ended up speaking with the organizer last week and will be giving a tiki presentation on Saturday August 25 from 12:00-1:00. Later that afternoon, we will be heading over to Tikifest. Looks like they are also having some other great presentations that weekend that I am planning on attending. We will be there Friday night at Charles' show.

The website has the event information at Denver Modernism. Here is a summary of the updated schedule.

This will be the BIGGEST-EVER collection of mid-century modern, deco and pop home decor that Denver has EVER seen in one place! And, with all the folks flying in from around the country to shop and to sell at the show.... it will be Denver's first chance to play host to a real "WHO'S WHO in Modernism!"

We've finalized our SCHEDULE OF EVENTS, so you can start planning your weekend. You really should come out all three days! Here's why....

FRIDAY August 24
Friday Night Preview Gala & Sale:

• Live 60s Instrumental Surf Guitar Music
  • Super Special Guests (Oh, yes - the rumors are flying!)
  • Tiki Bar and Hors D'oeuvres from Catering by George
  • Retro Slide Show with L.A.'s Charles Phoenix
  • Complimentary valet parking
  • and more surprises!

The Preview Gala & Sale runs 5 - 10 pm.
$35 VIP admission first 2 hours, until 7pm
$10 general admission begins 7pm.

5 - 7 pm -- Early VIP Preview Gala & Sale
Be the FIRST to see and shop this year's show! VIP Preview Gala includes special give-aways, live music, and open bar. Only VIP Preview Gala tickets include re-admission all weekend. VIP Preview tickets may be purchased at the door, or online at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/63665425.

6:30 - 8 pm -- Live Music with The Aquasonics
Live 60s instrumental Surf Guitar Band! http://www.myspace.com/theaquasonics

7pm -- Doors Open to Public Preview Gala & Sale

8 - 9 pm -- Retro Slide Show with Charles Phoenix
Get ready to laugh your socks off with our special guest - all the way from Los Angeles - Charles Phoenix! He'll present a live comedy retro slide show performance celebrating 50s & 60s style, tourist traps, car culture, theme parks, space age suburbia, parties and more… IN COLOR! From the kitsch to the classic, 'Histo-tainer' Charles Phoenix loves the world of mid-century design and American Culture. He is known for his live comedy retro slide shows, school bus field trip tours and colorful coffee table books.

9 - 10pm - Live Music with The Aquasonics
More Live 60s instrumental Surf Guitar Band! http://www.myspace.com/theaquasonics

10 pm - Doors Close.

SATURDAY August 25
Admission: $5 (includes all programs)
Loads of free parking onsite and at K-Mart across the street
10 am -- Doors Open

12 - 1pm -- Tiki! The Exotic World of 1950s-60s Polynesian Pop Culture
Take a look back at the heyday of Polynesian Pop Culture as you tour classic tiki bars, restaurants, apartment buildings, motels and more! Marvel at the fantasy environments they created during this multi-media presentation! Host Mike Skinner (aka ZuluMagoo) edits the "Rocky Mountain Tiki Newsletter."

1 - 2 -- Chock Full of Ranchy Goodness: Postwar Denver & Beyond
Atomic Ranch editor Jim Brown, Portland, OR, regales us with his knowledge of modern ranch home architecture. Don't miss this fascinating slide show! http://www.atomic-ranch.com

2 - 4 pm -- Live Music with Strange News Worlds
Come sail the Space-Funk Continuum with Strange New Worlds, fusing elements from Pink Floyd to Miles Davis, from Soft Machine and Medeski Martin & Wood to Mozart and Prokofiev. Every performance is unique, a special event. http://www.myspace.com/snwband .

6 pm -- Doors Close

SUNDAY August 26
Admission: $5 (includes all programs)
Loads of free parking onsite and at K-Mart across the street

10 am -- Doors Open

11 am - 12 pm -- The Googie Project: The Aurora History Museum's Noble Attempt to Preserve All Things "With-It"
With your help, the intrepid curators at the Aurora History Museum can preserve for posterity all those twitchin’ examples of “Coffee Shop Moderne” that grace Colfax, Broadway and the region’s other strips of neon, Formica and flagcrete. Curator of Collections Mike Thompson and Curator of Exhibits Matt Chasansky will debrief you on Googie History before a pictorial tour of the area’s space-age masterworks including the White Spot, the Big Boy and the countless signs and buildings of the atomic age. This lecture kicks off the Googie Project, which includes an exhibit at the Museum in 2008.

12 - 1 pm -- Collecting Colorado's Modern Art
An All-Star Panel Discussion on the ins and outs of collecting modern art by Colorado artists, current and historical. With Kirkland Museum owner Hugh Grant, Rocky Mountain News art critic Mary Voelz Chandler, Plus+Gallery owner Ivar Zeile and Westword Art Critic and major collector Michael Paglia! Modernism Show Hostess Dana Cain will moderate and we'll take audience questions, too!

1 - 2 pm -- Retro Slide Show with Charles Phoenix
If you missed the Friday night presentation - or even if you didn't - You'll LOVE THIS ONE! Our special guest - all the way from Los Angeles - Charles Phoenix - has been called the "King of Retro" by the Los Angeles Times. He'll present a live comedy retro slide show performance celebrating 50s & 60s style, tourist traps, car culture, theme parks, space age suburbia, parties and more… IN COLOR! From the kitsch to the classic, 'Histo-tainer' Charles Phoenix loves the world of mid-century design and American Culture. He is known for his live comedy retro slide shows, school bus field trip tours and colorful coffee table books.

2 - 3 pm -- LAST CHANCE to make those final purchases!!!

3 pm -- Doors Close....until next year!

Hey Poptiki -

The bar is fantastic! Nice purchase. Good to see it got broken in properly!

Zulu - yeah, that Witco fountain blew me away, but man...hello pricey. It's undoubtedly worth it, but that's, like, almost a down-payment on a car! sigh I'll just keep dreaming. Thanks for the lineup for the Modernism show - really looking forward to it, although with Tiki Fest, I will only be able to attend Friday's festivities, so unfortunately I'll miss your presentation. It sounds super cool. By the way, who is George - the guy who'll be slinging tiki drinks that Friday night?

Ciao!

H
Helz posted on Mon, Aug 13, 2007 8:30 PM

WARNING: NON-TIKI CONTENT

On 2007-08-10 14:15, tikibeeyatch wrote:

Fink, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but my husband and I LOVED your paintings! They are very cool! And of course, your house in fantastic. I had to stop drooling at some of your furniture pieces.

TB, I couldn't agree with you more. Thankfully, Fink was kind enough to let us purchase one of these fine works and it now proudly graces the living room (soon to be the lounge)....

Andrian Grigoryevich Nikolayev

The backstory on all of the Vostok Cosmonauts is fascinating. And Finks passion for it really comes through. Just had to share this.

Now back to all things wonderful and polynesian...hope to see a bunch of you all at the Modernism show. I'm hoping to catch Zulu's presentation, and we'll RSVP and try to stop by the luau...looks fantastic.

HELZ OUT.

To all:
I just found out about the Shag Lounge that just opened up last weekend...
http://www.shagdenver.com

Anyone been there yet? Not sure if it's worth going, but it might be worth it just to see what it's like.

Oh, I'm pretty new here (at Tiki Central), by the way. Just signed up and I like it around here so far. 8)

Wow Shag Lounge.

Of all the names in the universe, why Shag lounge? Moreover, why copy Shag's art style down to the print ads? My guess is that this place, not unlike Taboo of years past, will be cool enough inside but all they will play is fucking techno and other types of music that Tikiphiles and Modernists will be disappointed with. I will check it out, but I have a hunch that this place will turn out to be bunk when it comes to substance. I won't even begin to fret about the drinks. Whew... A MCM inspired place that touts it's Tiki drinks will surely pineapple the mai tai and ignore Robert Drasnin for some House DJ. We shall see. Don't get me wrong,I would love it if this place is cool but true MCM & Tiki culture may be misunderstood by the kind of crowd they are hoping for.

If anyone goes to Shag, be sure to post your review pronto!

I really hope I am wrong about this. I just can't seem to get past that stupid name.

Off to TO7.

I will report on the festivities soon!!!

T.F. out..

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-08-15 00:41 ]

Hey Gang -

I haven't been in Shag Lounge as of yet, but the location was different from where I previously thought it was going to be. It's on 15th, underneath Tarantula Billiards. The sign is horrifically bright - definitely no tiki-inspired signage or decor. However, I saw a flyer for Shag Lounge (at Parisi of all places!) touting their "Tiki Tuesdays." (see ad below) Not sure exactly what this entails - drink specials were listed and I'm siding with Fink in guessing they will be pretty craptactular. Plus, on their MySpace site, they're advertising a "Calendar Release Party" for the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders. Bleck. I would be very, very surprised if this place turned out to be cool. Which of course is too bad - we really need a good tiki bar here. Damnit.

[ Edited by: tikibeeyatch 2007-08-17 08:48 ]

Yeah, with the look of some of the ads they have, I am every skeptical of it. It's nice to know that at least someone around here is thinking in that direction I guess. Let's hope it inspires others to open more traditional tiki bars.

Aloha again Denver tribe:

As I posted earlier, this Saturday is our 4th Annual Tiki Fest.
The party starts at 3:30 pm, and goes til all hours, usually.
Live music by garage surf band Maraca 5-0 starts around 4:30 or 5:00.
Here's a map & directions - please RSVP online at http://www.tiki-fest.com

Mahalo and See you there!

Hey Denver!

TO7 is finally in the history books. I have to say that the changes since last year made for an amazing time.
There was no aspect of Tiki Oasis that was not vastly improved. This event has really gelled. Despite the de-tikification of the Islands Restraunt there is still enough Tiki in Crowne Plaza that it is a great venue.
We had an awesome time!

See you all at Tikifest!

T.F.

MD

Good day ya all.

Its lookin' like a beautiful weekend in the Denver tiki world.

Its a small world it seems...after Tiki Boyds closed and they were lookin'....a least they claimed to be lookin' for a new location....a few of us suggested the closed Netties II location under tarantula billards as it already a had worn down 70's wharf bar kinda feel. Now Shag lounge took it over.
And even if Shag lounge sucks.....its right down the street from Sams #3....which frickin' rules. Googie style, coney dogs and burgers plus alcohol....more could a bald happy drunk daddy want?!
Tikibeeeyatch (sp?) yeah you....we're neighbors....I live over by 55th and Marshall. I get all my landscape rock over by your house. And while Marshall liquors in between us has taken a dive in its long glorius history they actually had bottles of Appletons rum in stock for a while. So I had to buy a little garage sampler......(sample it every time you go out in the garage!) So yeah....we're gonna swing by for a bit....can't stay as the babies need to be kept on schedule or all hell breaks loose.
Zulu.....see you Saturday. Good Job gettin' in there.

Sinning-seriously......Mr. Dale

p.s. Fink.....nice paintings....real nice.

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale 2007-08-22 09:05 ]

Do any of you Denver Tikiphiles know anything about Rangi Kapa's schedule for his visit to the Denver area?

TF

We will be at Tikifest for sure but we will not make it until 7:30. Hope everyone sticks around till' later.

T.F.

I think we will hit TikiFest a little later in the day. We are planning on heading back home Saturday afternoon after the 2 seminars at the Modernism show. We will head over to Erin's after dinner. We will also be there around 7:30.

Zulu

Aloha, Mr. Dale!

Good to see I'm not the only one awash in the Aravada/Westminster/Wheatridge/Whateverthehell area. I too have patronized Marshall Liquors many-a-times - love it. So handy. Plus the building is lime green. What else can you ask for? One note - I was just in Total Beverage in Westminster (off Sheridan) and they too had Appleton Rum, and on sale. Unfortunately our tiki bash won't have such high caliber juice, as we're not the richest folks on the block. Cruzan rum will instead be served.

Timidtiki - I have not heard any rumors as such. Tell me more about this!

Fink - Can't wait to hear of your Oasis adventures! Sounds like it was super fun. I'm jealous!

Zulu, Fink, the clan - looking forward to seeing y'all at TF. Sounds like you'll be coming later, which is cool, but you'll most likely miss the live surf music ala Maraca 5-0. However, you won't miss the yummy rummy goodness. :)

'Til Saturday, everyone...

FYI - Fink works at Total Beverage :wink:

TF

Tikibeeyatch:

Jeez I find that hard to write to. Ha. Thanks for the invite to your Luau. We had a great time. Your place is amazing!
Thanks for the great party.

T.F.

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-08-27 09:26 ]

Rangi Kapa is a well kinow moko artist and wood/jade carver in New Zealand. Several week ago I read on the internet that he had won some sort of award ($65,000) in a New Zealand newspaper. The article said he was palnning a tour of the US and would visit San Francisco, Salt Lake, Denver, etc during this tour . . . and, I presume, make some sort of public appearances demonstrating his work. That is all I know about this. If you do a search on his name "Rangi Kapa" you should get the same hits that I got. He sells some of his work through a gallery in Vancouver.

[ Edited by: timidtiki 2007-09-22 11:25 ]

Hey everyone -

Thanks for coming to Tiki Fest! It was the biggest attendance yet in 4 years.

I wish I'd had more time to chat with everyone - I found myself being called away every
10 minutes to round up more cups around the house! I'm beginning to rethink my whole cutesie
coconut cups idea. Anywho, it was a great time, and Mike and I had quite the cleanup the
next day. Is there anything more disgusting than tiki drinks that have been sitting out in
the sun, with the occasional cigarette floating in it? Yuck. But, it's worth it! :wink:

Fink and Randi - thanks again so much for the awesome Don Ho glasses! They truly are the
perfect mai tai glasses. Poor Don.

Zulu - thanks for coming, and it was fun to meet your mom. Hope she had fun!

Matterhorn - it was great getting to know you and your wife a little bit better. I had absolutely no idea about your extensive Disneyland collection!

Dale - good to finally meet you as well, and your little guy.

Looking forward to the next shin-dig. Stay loose!

[ Edited by: tikibeeyatch 2007-08-29 14:55 ]

PS - yet another cool Craigslist find:

Vintage Black and White Tiki Bar - $175
http://denver.craigslist.org/fur/408535203.html
720-322-6561

H
Helz posted on Wed, Aug 29, 2007 8:10 PM

Would you quit!?!? This is getting expensive...

:wink: (j/k)

MD

Man.....it was nice to meet all of you, some of you again after a year or two.
Thats a nice place ya have there beeeyatch. Sorry I couldn't stay and plow through a few beverages. But we had a good time. Eddie wants to play "limbo" all the time now.

Lets hit the Double dragon soon.

Luv yer guts.....Mr. Dale

TF

To Theatre or not to Theatre?

I am looking for some feedback about one more TFT before it gets too damned cold. Tenative date of Sunday Sept 16th. Anyone who digs the Broncos would be welcome to watch the game here pre- movie. I had mentioned in passing that this would be more casual than last time and the catering menu less extensive. I would be open to pot luck though. Re cocktails: The Green Zombie, provided of course. The Movie: TIKI. A contemporary romp in stupidity. What happens when a mean ass, pissed off little KU Tiki gets loose in Spokane, WA? DEATH that's what.

PLEASE post and let me know if this sounds cool! Putting the theatre up is a pain in the butt and frankly, I would like to get some more mileage out of it before it goes away for the winter.

Tiki Fink out........

H
Helz posted on Fri, Aug 31, 2007 7:27 PM

Bring it on!!!!!

I'll be there with my Little Debbie Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:56:21 ]

TF

On 2007-08-31 13:17, Tiki Fink wrote:
To Theatre or not to Theatre?

I am looking for some feedback about one more TFT before it gets too damned cold. Tenative date of Sunday Sept 16th. Anyone who digs the Broncos would be welcome to watch the game here pre- movie. I had mentioned in passing that this would be more casual than last time and the catering menu less extensive. I would be open to pot luck though. Re cocktails: The Green Zombie, provided of course. The Movie: TIKI. A contemporary romp in stupidity. What happens when a mean ass, pissed off little KU Tiki gets loose in Spokane, WA? DEATH that's what.

PLEASE post and let me know if this sounds cool! Putting the theatre up is a pain in the butt and frankly, I would like to get some more mileage out of it before it goes

away for the winter.

Tiki Fink out........

Another Idea is to have a potluck BBQ starting at 4:00 and start the movie as soon as the sun sets.

It would be great to have one last luau at our house before the end of the season. I am still looking for feedback on this so I can decide yes / no on the event.

Fink- unfortunately I will be out of town for the event. One of my friend's is having a huge 40th Birthday party in California and I will be out there. It will be ska revival night with the Untouchables playing his party. Otherwise I would definitely be there.

M

Aloha!
Mr. Dale clued me in to this site a couple of weeks ago. My first post. Unfortunately my wife was in a wedding the afternoon of Tikifest so we could not attend. I'm looking forward to joining you for some events in the future.

Field Report: Your concerns about the new Shag Lounge appear justified. We drove by it about 10:30pm after the wedding on Tikifest Saturday. The garage door-type front was open, and hip-hop music was blasting. The place was half empty, with a cluster of young dudes gathered at the front talking on their cell phones. The only evidence I saw of Tiki was a knee high statue (looked like concrete) at the front gate on the patio. We didn't stop...

Hope to meet you all soon!

TF

Welcome Moaiman!

I was thinking about checking out the so called Tiki Tuesday at this joint today.

Report to follow.

T.F.

Z

Some of you out there knew our friend TikiBill. He never owned a car or a telephone in his life, he was a very solitary man. But he had a real passion for tiki. His home was filled with hundreds of them, large and small. When he found our local group of Polynesian Pop enthusiasts, he was thrilled.

I just wanted to share that Bill passed away on Labor Day in his sleep. Aloha Bill, I'm glad you found our tiki group and were able to share your passion with us!

Your friend, Mike.

Bill enjoying a MaiTai at one of the 'Night of Tiki' slideshow presentations at the now defunct Tiki Boyd's. (Jan. 2005)

Bill at the Twin Dragon 'Tiki on the Town' party (April 2006).

TikiBill 1938 - 2007

[ Edited by: ZuluMagoo 2007-09-04 18:30 ]

Although I only met Bill once, he was a very enthuastic about tiki and exotica music as well as being an extremely kind and gentle person. My wife Joyce and I also want to wish Tiki Bill a fond Aloha. He will be missed by the Denver Tiki enthuasists.

MD

Aloha Tiki Bill.....Tiki drinks and South sea breezes from now on.
Mahalo for everything.

H
Helz posted on Thu, Sep 6, 2007 6:42 PM

I never had the pleasure of meeting him...but his presence was definitely felt at many of our gatherings.

God speed, Bill.

H
Helz posted on Thu, Sep 6, 2007 6:43 PM

Also, please note....new username.

Mahalo Hanford!

TF

I had the pleasure of meeting Tiki Bill briefly at the Twin Dragon. Bill seemed like a very nice man. I am sorry that his health began to diminish when it did as he would have been a great addition to the many events since the party at The Double D.

Aloha Bill.

On a less somber note, Randi and I visited Shag Lounge on Tiki Tuesday. I will begin my critique by saying that the Tiki Drinks were half priced that day. That said, I would not want to neglect to mention that there were no prices on the drink menu. Mind you that this place is owned by the folks who brought us La Boheme. Cut to the chase. The drinks are strip club priced! Based on what we paid, I believe that the "regular", price for a Tiki drink hovers around a heart stopping $14.00 a pop.

As for the service, the bartenders were very nice and we were treated quite well.
We were however, the only customers there aside from a couple of performers from La Boheme ( one of whom was observed destroying the ladies room with a meal in reverse ).

The Tiki drinks were all proprietary so you can't fault them directly for not knowing how to make any of the classics. The drinks we did have were decent and they did have a number of Tiki Farm mugs around for service.

The decor is of course, mid century modern. Most of the furnishings are quite nice even though they are knock offs, as it would be insame to allow originals to be trashed by your drunken clientele. With regard to music, there was no suprise here. They were playing alternative music videos and not a note of exotica or surf was to be heard.

Shag Lounge does not lack potential. If they had some Tiki related programming on Tiki Tuesday and the drinks were not insanely over priced, this place could become a good spot for the kind of crowd that became regulars at Tiki Boyd's.

It seems like someone need only make inroads with the management. I would not be suprised if they were open to suggestions.

Any one interested?

T.F.

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-06 19:37 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-06 19:38 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-07 09:01 ]

TF

While I never had the good fortune to meet Tiki Bill, I have been regaled with tales of his exploits and great efforts to foster Tiki culture and spread it to others, a passion he held throughout his life. I am saddened to learn of his passing, but the legacy that he spent his years shaping and nuturing - one richly preserved and shared by Zulu, his wonderful lady, and many, many others - is testimony to his life's passion. I'm proud to know of it, and honored to have had the opportunity to explore even a small part of it through my good friends, new and old, sharing their experiences with me. Mahalo, kind sir, and may the beaches for you be always drenched with Mai Tais and sun-kissed lovers.

Mrs. Fink

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-07 08:57 ]

TF

Here is a bit of good news!

Los Straitjackets are coming to the Soiled Dove Underground on Friday 10/19/2007. They will be performing with Big Sandy of Big Sandy and his Flyright Boys.

If you have even the most remote appreciation for CLASSIC surf music, this show is a MUST SEE!!!!!!

DETAILS

http://www.tavernhospitalitygroup.com/soiled_dove/shows

T.F.

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-07 09:06 ]

Hey gang - ran across this cool site during my usual obsessive online window shopping. This company makes "Tiki Pet" products - food (all-natural), treats, toys, beds, etc. for dogs, cats, and critters. Pretty cute. Their toys are very Shag-esque, and the beds are mid-century derived. Apparently they sell some of their items at Mouthfuls Pet Shop on Tennyson in the Highlands area, for those interested. Maybe a little over the top, 'eh?

http://www.petropics.com/

PS - Fink and Randi, thanks for the low-down on Shag Lounge.

Sounds, well, bleak at this point, but like you said - maybe with a little help they could get the right idea. I'd be willing to help try to sell them on improved tiki efforts - count me in.

I still really feel like we should open our own joint. And I still wonder if we could pull it off by joining financially into this endeavor. But, of course, this sort of thing is always risky.

TF

In reply,

I have been kicking the idea of opening a private club around lately. The good thing about a club is that you don't have to be open for business with everything in place all at once. If we found a storefront in the right locale, we could all pitch in on the cost and begin to build away. There is a ton of talent within our little circle and there is a ton of potential.

Next.

I was thinking about a gathereing on the 16th but now I have settled on the 23rd. SUPER casual! The game starts at 2:00pm and anyone who wants to have a little Bronco fun is welcome.
A little BBQ and Tiki Fink Theatre or just movie inside after the sun goes down. This date is set. I believe that Helz and Rita are in, so join us!!!!!! Perhaps we can begin to hatch a plan for opening a club!

T.F.

[ Edited by: tiki fink 2007-09-11 14:36 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 698 replies