Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 698 replies

The hand squeezy should be fine for most of what you need. Get the big orange one so you can do limes, lemons, and smaller juice oranges.
You'll have to do something else for the grapefruit, though. I hand squoze them for a long time, before coming across this awesome juicer in a thrift store in Redding, CA:

I looooove my Juice-O-Mat.

I will have to admit I am old fashion and juice by hand. I remember squeezing lemons for hours growing up to have home made lemonade. We had a lemon tree that was very bountiful. I miss those days.

R

I lurvs my Metrokane!

Thanks all - these are great suggestions!

I too have been drooling over some vintage Juice-O-Mats on eBay. They are retro-tastic.
There's also some at TJ Maxx of all places, and they're cheap as hell - $12 each (they resemble the Metrokane models).
But cheap usually means broken in 2 hours, so I'm a little wary.

Hey Denver Tiki folks- On Saturday June 26 and Sunday June 27 is the Cherry Blossom Festival at Sakura Square in downtown Denver. Joyce and I will be there on Saturday and will be participating in the Bon Odori dance on Saturday night at 7 PM. The event is fun, family friendly and the dancing in the street is not to be missed. It would be great to see some of you at the event. Here is the website for the event: http://www.tsdbt.org/cherryblossom/

MD

That'd be fun Matterhorn...we'll try and make it.
My kids and I love the grocery store, (although its so much more than a grocery store) on the east side of the buiding. I think its called the Pacific marketplace...we easily spend 30 minutes in there just looking around at the amazing selction and another 30 minutes just trying to figure out what some food even is.
Any group of sultry vixens that may be considering opening a tiki bar may want to check it out for those hard to find true asian items.

Just a bump that the Cherry Blossom festival at Sakura Square this weekend. Bon dancing at 7 PM on Saturday night!

Dang it... I wanted to go to that and totally forgot about it.
Sounded like it was pretty groovy.
Next year.

Hi again Denver tribe -

Some folks were having trouble using the RSVP link on the Tiki Fest website,
so I made an Evite for RSVP'ing purposes.

Hope y'all can make it!

• July 17th, 4:30 pm
  • LIVE Music by Maraca 5-0
  • Limbo
  • Super tasty drinks prepared by yours truly
    and the lovely Michelle Baldwin

RSVP: http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=DKECIJNSKHZBXUEOHUMJ

Details: http://www.tiki-fest.com

TF

The Man from FOM a nest of Spies. The Annual Denver Area FOM Summer Luau / Meet and Greet.

July 10 2010 7:00pm - ?

This is a great annual event held in central Denver.

For more information and to RSVP, email to [email protected] or PM Tiki Fink right here on TC.

Hope to see you there!

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2010-07-06 12:57 ]

TF

There are some great pics from last year's Luau on page 30 of this thread. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21061&forum=4&start=435

[ Edited by: Tiki Fink 2010-07-06 13:03 ]

TF

BUMP..

The Man From FOM Summer Luau SATURDAY 7/10/10

Can't hardly wait.

Spy dud assemblage has been perplexing me... but I think I got it figured out now.
See ya'll in a bit.

[ Edited by: cucamongachango 2010-07-11 17:36 ]

Shoulda bumped instead of edited.

MD

Missed the party Sat. night.....already had plans to see Maraca 5-0 and Slim Cessna at the Larimer Lounge. Great show by all.

But the bartendress in the back had a bottle of rum I just had to try. Just one glass on ice....but the kicker was that its made in Silverton Colorado.

Haven't seen any sugar cane growing up there but hey, there are a lot of plants growing in the mountains that nobody sees but everybody enjoys.

Heres a link

http://www.montanyadistillers.com/index1.html

MD

Erin (sp?), Mike and lovely Michelle,

Thanks for a great party....Great band, great house, great hostesses, and a superb ridiculously entertaining crowd.

Amazing drinks.......best ever.

I never thought running a juicer would be so damn rewarding as it was last night......good times.

Thanks again.....
always, your future and faithful bar back, Mr. Dale

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale 2010-07-18 19:55 ]

Mr. Dale working hard as a bar back....I am so bummed that I missed this party! Where are all the photographs.

I'm going to Tiki Oasis as the Montanya Rum ambassador! We'll be sponsoring the Hell on Heels burlesque party room, a poolside tasting on Friday and more!

Who else is going??

Dale!

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you had fun - you were a great bar-back. :wink:

We had a blast - even though we were covered in sticky rum goodness all night.

Cheers!

Michelle -

That rocks! Wish I was going, but Oasis is sold out!! Bummer. Represent Denver!

Tiki Tammy and I are heading out for Oasis on Aug 14, see you there!!!!

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2010-07-27 13:46 ]

A

I'll be going out to tiki oasis friday. Tix bought and bags packed! I need one last weekend of fun before I start back teaching Monday...doc fried

MD

Aboarts! Welcome....Nice to meet ya. I guess....I just met ya and I'm already jealous. Have fun at Oasis.

Some of us will just stay here and sulk like the spoiled three year old I am way way down inside. Ha.

Have an extra queen bed in my room at the Crowne Plaza for Tiki Oasis. My roommate is not able to attend. I'll be busy much of the event as the A/V tech for the symposiums as well as a DJ set on Sunday. For ease, as I log on here all too rarely, e-mail me at [email protected] - PATRICK

TF

DENVER.. You are about to get your very own TIKI BAR!

MD

Please don't tease Fink........my heart cant take it anymore.

MD

Hey Denver....just finished this tall drink of water...my favorite yet.

Seven and half feet of Colorado pine.....ck. him out at the Modernism Show......

Peace, Love and loud engines......Mr. Dale

Ya really only need three things.....
Love in your heart, food in your belly, and happiness in your skull.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale 2010-08-11 21:21 ]

Nice job, Dale! He looks like a grumpy tiki! Kind of want to put him on the front lawn with a recording of, "Damn kids! Stay off my lawn!" that'd keep them away!

M

Nice work (again) Dale! I love the color variation/woodgrain running down the middle. Can't wait to see it in person - see you at the Modernism show!

MD

Thanks for the positive feedback Michelle and Chris. Two of my favorite artists liking my stuff means a lot more.

Ya never know exactly how they are gonna turn out.....they always look somewhat like my gold mining Grandpa........so Michelle got it right with the grumpy part. Although my Grandpa never had much of a yard.....just rocks and pine trees.

See ya all at the Mod. Show....Good luck Michelle on the Miss Mod. Pagent. We'll be rooting for ya.

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale 2010-08-15 09:35 ]

R

Aloha ZuluMagoo! I am from L.A. and will currently be in CO. tfn...
since I have to miss the Tiki Oasis this year, I SURE hope(and plan) to make the Denver happening next weekend. I will email you to join the mailing list.

Mahalo,
Rosered
:)

A

Just back from oasis (with Deb, Scott, and Tammy)...What a great time!

Welcome back all you Denverites who made Tiki Oasis. Looking forward to a fun Mid Century Modernism show...hope to see you all there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Denver Modernism this weekend - got my VIP tix and I'm good to go!
Can't wait to lounge in the Tiki Lounge!

Hope you all can make it for some fun after the show on Saturday at Hula Moon's
Mad About Modernism shindig. See below for info.

A friend and I are making a mini-vacation of the Modernism show and a Heart concert at the Paramount Thursday night. She's not seen any sort of tiki bar at all, so the one at the show will be her first.

We have a great prize for the best/weirdest Mid-Mod cocktail food contest at the Mad about Modernism party Saturday night! Get yer Astro-weenies and jello molds ready!

Here's some inspiration for your cocktail food creations: http://www.charlesphoenix.com/category/test-kitchen/

See you this weekend!

H
Helz posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2010 10:19 AM

Save the date! Sunday, October 3rd, 9:00 AM: The First Annual PopTiki "Chop & Slop" Tiki Jam!!!

Grab your Chisels, Paint, Clay, Bamboo, Jiggers, Logs, Black Velvet, Rope or whatever you're working on and come on up to the PopTiki Studios for a gathering of the Ohana to congregate and create.

We'll start early while the weather's still cool, and go on into the afternoon (not too late, since it's a school night!). The bar will be open, and the grill will be fired up!

And for those of you not feeling the creative vibe...there are still plenty lawn chairs that need to be held down, and "Hawaiian Ham" skewers to be consumed. (actually, you might want to bring a chair, just in case.)

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

(PM me for address and directions).

Facebook Event Page

You might also check out this.

TF

I am sooooo there!

H
Helz posted on Thu, Sep 30, 2010 10:36 AM

Just a little bump to remind those folks with nothing going this Sunday that you can come up and make a mess in Loveland...

M

Thanks to the PopTiki clan for the hospitality yesterday. Good food and drinks and lots of wood chips on the floor. Let's do it again soon!

Had planned on being there, but was knocked out all Sunday by a bad schnitzel from the Nederland Oktoberfest on Saturday.
Sorry to have missed it,

TF

Friday, February 4 ยท 6:30pm - 9:30pm

Come celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with Denver's Kahanui Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai with great food and drink at The Twin Dragon in Englewood, CO!

PM ME FOR MORE INFO!!!

mmmmmm... Egg Rolls

We've been waiting a whole year for this!!!!

I sent a PM for details a couple days ago, but no response. :(

TF

Sorry for the late response. You have the info now. There is still room for a few more on the guest list.

MD

Tuesday night....January 25th.....Hawaiian Musician Mango Stephens and Hula dancers at The D-Note in Olde Town Arvada. Plus no cover!

That sounds groovy... any idea what time?
Can't stay out too late on a week night, you know.

MD

Its says 7pm. Oh yes.....its at school night and I'm not stay'n out late either....old bones creak in the morning if I do.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 698 replies