Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4,327 replies

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

And "speakin' of drinkin' "...

I noticed we are just about out of the run of KAAN TOOK mugs.
( ! )
So, you should go to http://www.tikishark.com sooner than later
...or they'll be all gone!

Big Mahalo!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Ka-Koa and the Talking Spear"
Original Drawing by Brad "Tiki-Shark" Parker
pencil and charcoal on heavy paper, 8.5" x 11"

FOR SALE in the TIKI MARKET place

This drawing is inspired by the Hawaiian Myth of "The Magic Talking Spear".

The Magic Talking Spear & the prince who welded it against a sea-monster,

The Myth of “The Magic Talking Spear”.
The Spear talks to who’s welding it, telling them how to win in battle.
A chief’s son, Ka-ui-lani, inherits the talking spear and uses it in several adventures to help his father and save his people.

Ka-ui-lani welds the spear in a battle against a giant sea-kupua ( monster ) from beneath the waves that has been harassing his father’s village.
It’s beaten his father soundly and chased the people up-land away from the ocean.

The spear tells Ka-ui-lani how to out-wit & defeat the fishy beast. the talking spear tells the prince how to beat the sea-kupua.

Ka-ui-lani is taught by the magic weapon to carve several life-sized Hawaiian soldiers / warriors (ka-koa) made of a special wood (acacia koa).
It uses more magic and brings the wooden Hawaiian soldiers (the Ka-Koa,) to life.

Then, they wait for the right moment to attack the monstrous sea-kupua. They synchronize their attacks.
The Talking Spear directs the prince and the Ka-Koa in battle against the sea-kupua.

The ocean creature is a huge fish-thing that can create enormous waves, and breathes like a bellows creating steam.
It's as smart as any human & the prince taunts it until it is enraged.
The talking spear tells the prince how to escape the clutches of the sea-kupua each time it attaches him.
Overcome with anger, the beast makes a mistake in battle.

It becomes trapped in shallow water by the Ka Koa / soldiers. Together with the prince and his magic weapon, they defeat it.

These “life-sized wooden images of warriors” that come to life, I wonder if they ARE or if they relate to tiki’s somehow.
I’ve heard that most tikis stand in the “wrestler’s pose”, to appear more threatening.
Seems natural for carved wooden Hawaiian soldiers to look much the same.
Anyway, this myth made for great inspiration for a drawing.

ALOHA!

N'AHUI !
…n’ ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

The KAAN TOOK Tiki Mug supply is almost GONE!
CLICK your okole over to tikishark.com & grab
the “so-long” S A L E price on the last KAAN TOOK
tiki mugs! Get ‘em now ~ or Valentine’s Day’s gonna’
find U with no Kaan Tookie-mug - An' you'll B like all broken hearted,
and yer nose will be running and you'll B going all "Sniff-WHAAAA!!!"

~ So go to http://www.tikishark.com
Good Luck & good hunting!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

So February 20th is "LOVE YER PET DAY!"

Really.

Some one sent me an e-mail saying that, so, jeepers, it's gotta' be true.
Plus~ on New Years I adopted a very very happy little dog.

Therefore, if you check out http://www.tikishark.com you'll find some Pet-ticularly swank sales!

Like a couple more of these unique hand painted stand-up "tikis"

After I had such fun painting the first stand-up TIKI, I went hunting for more cause I was pretty sure I had seen some unpainted jobs in a box...

...somewhere.
In a box that was 'under' the studio part of the house... I discovered some more wooden stand-up tikis.

Yep, I was crawling around under the house.
Under the Tiki Art Studio through old scuba tanks, boxes I had not opened since the move to the Big Island, a plastic milk crate full of CD's I forgot I had - almost a complete collection of KISS, White Zombie to Rob Zombie, and Alice Cooper albums, and 'HOO-RAY!!" ...that CD of the best of Gene Rains I thought I'd lost!

All the while my new dog, "Mister Kanji", was running around thinking, like everything else, it was some new kinda' dog & human game.
(you gotta' LOVE little happy dogs)

Most of da' houses in da' tropics stand-up off da' ground in case of heavy rains
(which happen briefly about every other day)

I guess raised dwellings are supposed to help keep big fat island rats an' other vermin out. But, boy, THAT does not work.
I made sure "Mister Kanji" didn't eat any of these we found, but it was difficult searching and getting a face licking at the same time.

...or lava flows.
(which happen not quite so often)

Anyways, check out da' web site for new drawings, I'm working on a painted skate deck, I got three canvases going right now, and such...
(OH yeah! A new Meso-American tiki mug - being designed with my favorite Mexican/Hawaiian tiki-artist in the works!)

Big ALOHA & happy "PET-LOVER DAY" from me & my new adopted pal "Mister Kanji" !

HeyBrah, ~ Guess what day it is?

02/22/2020

(!)
Pretty cool for folks who dig numbers an' all dat numerology hoo-haa.
However, it's also......

It's also Don the Beachcomber's 113th Birthday!
~ ! ~
To celebrate this fact I am offering only through my web site a limited edition Don the Beachcomber Sounineer Tiki Mug.
side

Side

front

Swanky Logo (my own interpretation )

Back
Side and front
side & front

Color = brown glaze, black details,

Each of this limited edition will be incased in a hand made shipping crate
a swanky decal will be on the bottom

This is a PRE-ORDER for the lucky 113 who will get one of these signed and numbered mugs
All Mug numbers are first come first serve, and no determined numbers will be available.

To PRE-ORDER one of these limited editions, go to http://www.tikishark.com

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

One of the most important things in making art is getting the right focus in the proper mental place to actually make Art.

The best tricks I've come up with is to "quiet the Monkey Brain" by sitting in a comfy chair, painting something with guidelines, and having a pleasant view to the out doors.
Often. you come up with some really great stuff you can also sell on your web site as well...

Check out the Mystic Tiki Joes...

A L O H A !

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Only a few of this special edition are remaining.

• Tiki Mug PRE-sale available for a limited time exclusively through my website only.

• Each mug is personally signed by me (The Artist) and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.

• Each Mug will be shipped in a custom-designed locally made wooden crate and a reusable gift box.
.......click below for more details.
http://www.tikishark.com

Mahalo for your support of my Art, you RAWK!

Big Aloha!
Brad ( Tiki-Shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4327 replies