Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4,327 replies

Dirk Yates - Big Mahalo! Your work is awesome. U da Man!
Tikiman - Thanks! Towel is new. The paintings not done yet..... time ticking away on the dead line for page 7 in Tiki Magazine!!!
Vinman - Thanks, the towel is a prototype just back from the Surf Expo. It's part of new line of printed towels that will be in stores next spring / summer, (if all goes well). I will post details on the rocky road to production and distribution: It's a twisty road, with many dangers, and we many a towel project has crashed along the way before.... but I think we are going to get these new towels to market next season! (prayign to the tiki gods for good fortune!)
Tobunga - Mahalo! It was great seeing you too! Hope the art, and the gallery owner, didn't scare the girls!

My Mom's in town - her first trip to Hawaii, so I've been showing her around the island. She leaves Thursday. Wil get back to painting after that.

Aloha!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2008-09-25 00:10 ]

B

the towel looks awesome...and the new painting is sick!!! cant wait to see more progres...get ur mom off da rock so u can get back to work!

oh and on the painting in the Tiki Mag show, give it to me for a couple days...i will fix it up. lol

alohas brudda! t

B

Hey Brad, It was really cool to meet you at the Tiki Mag Show. As you know, I think your work is just INCREDIBLE! Hopefully we can hook up again soon. Enjoy your mom being out there...those precious moments are the best of times.

Aloha~
Big Toe ~ Yeah it's almost a good painting. It's so close. I think if I could get you to work on it for a few hours it'd be there! (ha!) It was too much fun hanging with you and Kenny at the show. I swear I'm going to copy your fink-dragon painting one day. did it make it's way back to you?
Babalu-Thanks! It was great meeting you too! I look forward to future tiki events and more meet ups. Yeah had a few great "Hawaii" moments with mom this trip. think we'll do it again next year.

Brad, the towels are really cool!
And the painting is looking awsome too!
looking forward to those progress pics!

TD~ Thanks!
here's whats new as I race to get this painting done by dead line...

and the detail...

Aloha~

T

That's a good one for sure.

Aloha tiki tribe...
TeaKEY~Mahalo 4 the kind words. Such things help keep me squeezin in extra art hours after my day job.
Still painting furiously to make the Tiki Magazine Page 7 deadline of Oct 4th. I think I'm gonna make it - by overnighting a disk on the 3rd...at midnight...maybe...

Here's a detail.

paint paint paint panic...

Tiki Shark

http://www.tikishark.com
http://www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-09-30 11:58 ]

Mad trippy, Brad! :lol:
great to see some updates!!!
gotta have it done by the 4th eh? so that means we get to see it all done REAL soon!!
awsome work, Brad
your mum have a good time?

So you're the guy who did the
"Reach for the Beach" album cover
for the FIXX! :lol:

Lookin great Brad!
GO!GO!GO!
the warms and cools really
magnify the heat out of the pit...
i
their pliability makes them look like
they're made from lava!
you are a MASTER!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
Thanks LLT!
Looking at the that album cover really helped. I went back and darkened up some shadows. I think a gloss varnish will darken my blacks too.

Well, it 's almost done, so... with all apologies to those who are waiting to see it, I not going to show it any more. Sorry. To see it, all you'll need to do is pick up the next issue of Tiki Magazine, and flip to "page 7". Then, gawk all you like.

So.....
Here's a hand tinting job I did on the "Tiki Midnight" wood cut.

Aloha!

Tiki Shark

http://www.tikishark.com
http://www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2008-10-04 14:28 ]

T

Your skills continue to amaze me Brad. The hand tinting job looks awesome. I still have the black and white copy you sent me in the envelope, haven't been able to get it framed yet.

RH

I can't wait to see page 7!

TD

AllRight!
Time to order the new issue then!!
oh Wait!!
it's SOLD OUT!!!

time to play the waitin game
:P
Lookin great brad!

Don't mean to rub it in BUT.....
i saw the page 7....
and it freakin
BLOWS DOORS!
Sneak Peeks with friends
one of the perks of being an Artist.... :)
Another TikiShark masterpiece!
sorry y'all have to wait.....
printed on the glossy Tiki Magazine stock
it's gonna BA-BAM!
Also, any of you SoCAl folks wanna buy
one of Brad's paintings and prints from the TikiMagazine show
and save on the shipping
I'll be caretaking for a month or two....
PM Brad and work it out....
you would have to come down to the studio in Orange to get it
but you'll save some $$$$$ on shipping and stuff!
Help TikiShark buy that pony he always wanted! :)

thanks LLT!
I've got me pony all picked out!

Big Aloha from the Big Island!

Yeah Brad! great to see the surfer again!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
TD~ Thanks, sorry there was a no posting period for a while. I was getting caught up on some day work.

Here's what's up on the new painting. Worked on the sky a bit. Doing warm light from the sun (some where above the picture plane) hitting the tops of the clouds. So I mixed yellow into white for warm highlights, then shaded down to some burnt umber, then a touch of purple. Finally the under belly of the clouds are tinted blue, being the cool shadows opposite the warm light source. At least that's the theory...so far...

T

BRAD!! I am sending you lot's of Tiki energy and artistic magic as part of your Ohana that appreciates your amazing gift... Keep that spirt a burning' my friend..you are one hard worker!! ~~~

Thor~ MAHALO! I'm feeling the vibe my tiki tribe brother-Thanks for the groovy kudos! I get a lot of energy for making more tiki art just from looking at your fine work. Looking at? More like drooling over!

Here's last nights doings...

Here's a detail on Diamond head.

ALOHA!

Dang Bradley!
Another masterpiece
coming down the pipeline!
pun intended!
:lol:

you're a true inspiration!

Thanks!
Had a side trip to another small canvas that's been sitting around the studio for a awhile. Tonight I figured out what to put on it.

Aloha~

On 2008-10-24 01:55, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Tonight I figured out what to put on it.

Are you saying that's one evening's work?!! Looks great!

B

duuuuude,

that new one is SOoOOOOoooo sculptural...love it.

B

and OMG, that rendering of Diamondhead looks amazing. really elegant.

J

Brad! I had this dream last night that I was in my local Big 5 store buying a beverage cooler for a picnic, and came across one of your painted beack towels while I was there! I was stoked! Hope that dream comes true next Spring!

By the way, I'm really loving the surfer. Each element is a study in itself.

AlohaTiki Tribe~
MadDogMike~ Yeah, that was all done last night. I just had a very clear picture in my head and had to get it down on the canvas before I lost it. It's just a rough. I think the pic makes it look more finished than it is in person. But, I'm glad you like it! Hey is that you spinning fire at Burning Man?
BigToeMahalo! Hey, it happened cause of you. See, I'm so in love with your "Fink Dragon" piece that I was going to do a painting with a finky low brow looking dragon wound around a tiki. I penciled it in on that canvas, but I couldn't get whole thing on. Just too big an idea for that small a canvas. So, I decided I'd have to get a bigger canvas for the dragon. but, I didn't know what to put on the smaller canvas. I flt I could not justify going out and getting anew canvas when this one was still sitting around. I figured I HAD to stick something on it.... and this idea sorta sprouted last night.
Jentiki
That's the nicest thing anyones ever said to me! Big Mahalo!
Hey, we just found out today that we got our current towels up on the Body Glove web site for purchase. They're not the Printed towels (that dreams are made of apparently) but they're nice. Check them out if you so please at....
http://www.bodyglove.com/products_category.php?category_id=5183
Or try http://www.bodyglove.com

Big Aloha from the Big Island!

Aloha!

Mahalo!

B

that is laugh-out-loud hilarious!!!

love it!!

great set of choppers on this funny fellow!
You and Toe just bang these beauties out!
what happened to the surfer dude?

The little guy is a blast. Looks like he was fun to give birth to.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Bigtoe~ I'm happy to amuse you!
LLTThanks, I'm doing a Kenny and working on two at once. Right now the fire is all about the little tiki guy with the choppers.
Robb
Ha, he's been fun so far. But

Working on the sunset.
Mahalo~

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Oct 27, 2008 9:04 PM

Man, I see I have some catching up to do.

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Oct 27, 2008 9:12 PM

On 2008-10-22 14:46, Tiki Shark Art wrote:

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I need to visit more often Brad, but it was nice to come back and see what you have been up to since last time.

B

Brad, Huge thanks for posting as you create...It's really fun watching your art come to life. Cograts on the Body Glove gig! They certainly picked the right man for the job

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
Kahu- Thanks, I'll get back to the wanderer soon.
Babalu Thanks!

Mahalo~

Aloha Tiki Tribe~

Was monkey-ing around with the sky last night.
Mahalo~

Nice stuff Brad!!
love the progress shots always-A big help!

T

Aloha Brad!!

Great stuff! As always!! If ya get an itch to fly to Waikiki in Dec., please drop by and say hi. It would be great to see ya! Keep up the Awesome work, my friend.

Aloha tiki Tribe~
TD~ Hey buddy! I'm doing the same lighting idea you did on that palm tree that I like, on the trees in this one.
THOR~ Sounds like fun! PM me the dates you'll be around! Let's grab mai tais in Waikiki!

Still monkey-ing around with the sunset. I had this idea to intorduce blue into the sky - but wasn't working for me. Now I got what I want to do. Warm vs cool. As always. Warm sunset - all BG rim lighting will be warm. A cool light will hit the tiki from the front.
monkey monkey monkey
ALOHA!

Happy Halloween Tiki Tribe!

URG... I've already ate so much Halloween candy that I feel sorta sick...and it's only the 30th... hmmm... maybe some rum will wash all this candy down nicely.

Happy Halloween Tiki Tribe!

Now THAT, is some killer work Brad. The pumpkin is easily my Favorite of both.

Awesome....

H
hewey posted on Fri, Oct 31, 2008 3:21 PM

That surfin pumpkin is rockin! :D

T

I painted parts of the Munch Scream to an almost exact. Looking at my painting right now and it has that same feel to the sky. There is a line of blue going through it to.

Eeeerrrrgh....
Post Halloween morning. Brain feels funny.

Okay, I know. I'm STILL monkeying with the sunset.

So, Maui no longer has their big Halloween celebration. This year they closed off Ali'i drive and had a big Halloween block party here on the big island, in Kona. 1 blk from my house! Best sunset we've had in amonth - party right on the bay front. Thousands of people came. It was awesome!
Aloha~

YOU'RE AWESOME BRAD!
AND SO IS THIS CUTE LIL NEW GUY!
Happy birthday
Parkeeeeeeeeer!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4327 replies