Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4,327 replies

Wow. So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde and that's it hangin on the shed. I hope he wears shorts for the rest of his life because it would be a shame to ever cover that up. Wendy

Aloh Tiki Tribe!

In the chaos that is my art studio, here's one shelf with some real-deal tikis, and some not so real tikis...and Hell Boy guarding them.

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-21 20:29 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So... FINALLY we are down to getting another set of tiki mugs done! ...well, the first steps of the design. ...which is based on a "tiki-Art" painting, ...which is then based on an award winning short monster/surf film by writer/directer/surfer Greg Browning.

Here's the mug design in step one (there abouts) with Tiki Farm.

Here's a cool behind the scenes on the making of the sea creature movie you might dig...
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

Aloha Tiki Tribe,
For those of you out there who like to see the smuggy pencil original art work, I'm am going to post the drawings (before Holden had to stay up all night and clean them up). Here's the BODY GLOVE SEA CREATURE in the first pencils...

ALOHA!
B~

WOW! That mug looks awesome! I really like how menacing and otherworldly he looks!

TIGERTAIL - THANK!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY!
SO - YES TIKI MUGS ARE A COMING!

The "SHARK-TIKI" tiki mug!

This one's about 7
it's been a real dream project. I threw my all into designing them. Tiki Farm is putting alot of effort into it also. It all started with the short surf / monster movie by Greg Browning
see that here:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

Here's a cool behind the scenes on the making of the sea creature movie you might dig...
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-25 13:49 ]

T

You remain the God of pencil sketches.

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Tikifool - THNAX so much! Howzit , I've been thinking of you a lot lately. Hope all is well on your side of the enchanted island.
Here is the this mug isn the BODY GLOVE SEA CREATURE tiki mug set - coming in 2014 from Tiki Farm.

front & side view of the Body Glove Anniversary tiki mug

Side & Back view of the Body Glove 60 year anniversary Tiki Mug
These mugs are from elements from a tiki-art painting I am doing.

Working on the palm trees and ground.... this painting will be used in the box packaging for the tiki mug set...
some changes are being made on the mugs a little . Mostly just verbiage. Like where the words go or don't go...
all this is based on the surf/monster film by Greg Browning - check it out http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's writer/.director/surfer Greg Browning & the big Green guy & yours truly...
Painting and mugs to be a coming....

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
I heard a weird rumor that Face Book is killing Tiki Central. Think that's true? ! Huh? I donnuo. I remember almost going into a cold-sweat panic when TC was down for a while - I felt so cut off from the tiki tribe! I'm way out here on this island. This is like a connection to civilization...or the tiki underground.

I post thing on fb, in a careful way. It's almost a commercial area for me. Tiki Central is more hard-core "Tiki Tribe", and I can post more stuff without seeming too weird. And I think I will now, after hearing that rumor, gon out of my way to post more on TC.

Here's the tiki Shark art studio - it was hard getting back to work on the acrylic painting after doing all that pencil work on the tiki mugs. Changing gears...tricking. Color! Layers!
ALOHA!
Tiki-Shark

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-31 15:20 ]

B
Bowana posted on Fri, Feb 1, 2013 7:35 AM

On 2013-01-31 15:17, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
I heard a weird rumor that Face Book is killing Tiki Central. Think that's true? !

Unfortunately, I think it is true. I tried to keep my FB friends and TC friends in separate tribes, but it could not be done. I'm guilty myself of posting more on FB and than TC anymore. The problem was the gratification. Post something on TC nowadays and maybe you'll get a reply or two. Post something on FB and you'll get replies for days. Gotta post more on TC to keep it afloat!

Anyhoot, fantastic work, Brad! I really like how the Body Glove mug is shaping up. Can't wait to see it and the movie when all is finished!

Bowie

The art is incredible so much detail to enjoy.

I love Tiki Central and hate facebook so the news I read here is horrible. Wendy

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
It's another "Happy Aloha Friday Night" that means, I'm here, your "Old Uncle Creepy-Tiki" to bring you another Creature-Feature!
Tonight's tropical terror treat is director/pro-surfer Greg Browning's short movie "The Disappearance"; It's a tiki-rific tale of The Body Glove Pro-Surf Team as they travel to a remote island and follow a local map to a secret cove for the perfect wave...what they find is a perfectly petrifying sea monster with a hunger for professional surfers!
Here's the fright flick: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

After that you can change your surf-shorts, and watch the "making of..." here: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

This all was the inspiration for my latest tiki-art painting - The Body glove Sea Creature" . I took some time off to create a set of Tiki-Mugs based on the painting (which is based on the short film) but now I'm back on the painting, laying in semi-transparent strokes of acrylic color. I finally got the texture I wanted on the palm tree on the right...

And The moon looks about done...radioactive south pacific 1950's monster making color there!
Now I would really like to get the dramatic light across the creatures face - ala Bela Lugosi in...well, I think in ALL his movies. IT's harder to do than it looks, for some reason it keeps looking like paint not light...so still getting there...

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Old Uncle Creepy-Tiki almost for got to post the close up of the Sea Creature...

Getting the lighting just right... tricky stuff. I want him to loom out of the shadows...almost there...
Big ALOHA

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Heard that evil rumor that FB is killing TC? Well, I'm gonna post more on TC ... to make TC the special oasis of tiki-ness it is.

So, here I is working in da' studio making da' tiki art.
The goal today is to get more of the creature done...I'll post detail soon...stuff you'll only see here!
ALOHA!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

oh yeah... I got my shirt off, not cause I'm under any false conception that I'm a big art stud... it's only that it is WARM today! I'm up at about 1000 ft where it's usually cool, but today is a warm one. I'm sorry if you are shoveling snow while you read this...but well, what can ya do?
MORES laters...
ALOHA!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Once an art instructor told me how important it is to create a "creative & conscious space" to make your art in. So I got a lot of ..er... "reference material" in my art studio. I'll try n' take a moment now and then to show off some of my stranger pieces...

Here's da' tiki area: some from China, some from the Big Island, some from art patrons who traded for art... all help the old noodle to start to groove...(while being under Hellboy's protection)

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-02 17:37 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Last few days we had some art patrons here on vacation, so we took 'em out on the Body Glove Historical Cruise, with live tunes by L. T. Smooth - dig it!

Love dat dude!

The happy Art Patrons went home with an autographed KUSTOM SKATE DECK with Tiger Shark Surfing on it!

PLUS, while digging through some sketch books I found this old tiki design - forgot all about this cool pencil sketch!

Way kool

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Thanx~

More of the shelfs above my art table.
So, I got a bit stuck on the creature ...often happens in the middle of a painting. I will re-sketch out something so I can re-think, or think of it in the lighting I want it to be in.... I'm doing That with the creature's legs now...I want him to be a dark figure coming out of the moon-lite surf, but my arty side keeps painting in too many details...so I gotta figure out structure and shadow and what to show and what to keep in shadow... where scales go and blah blah blah... so here's da sketch...

muscles and scales.... I may paint out most of it but first I gotta know what is there.
Painting sea creatures at midnight in Hawaii... seems like the right time to figure it out!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

I'm starting to put in the scales on the creatures legs.... but less IZ more...I want it to be dark and shadowy.... gotta fight my natural urge to over detail EVERYTHING!
Aloha~BP

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
SUPER BOWL Sunday sights in da' Tiki-Shark Art Studio:

The "Gallery of Hawaiianna-monster-tiki-eye-candy"

"What am I doing? Whats the score? Are the cool commercials or Beyonce' on yet?"

My extensive reference material for this painting.
Big Aloha, hope u R Having a great SUPER-BOWL-SUNDAY
BP~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-03 17:03 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's todays work on the Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Art painting... found out this will be a big part of the box cover art for the box that wil hold the set of 3 "Body Glove / Sea Creature Tiki mugs" coming out from Tiki Farm this summer...

Getting a bit more detail n scales on the creature...

Here's a closer look
Gotta work out some things still.... I want some real cool cartoony low-brow-art water pooling at the monster's webbed feet...

more 2 come

B~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-04 17:05 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-04 17:06 ]

Dayayum Brad!
that Creature is comin to LIFE!!!!
Blown away by this one's LURIDness!
:)

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
LLT - you know that is the biggest complement you can give me. I strive so very hard to make my art LURID!
Hey! You heard about the big summer block buster movie coming out called "Pacific Rim"?
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/pacificrim/
WELL, Tiki Tribe, there IS a big summer block-buster movie coming out called "Pacific Rim" by my fav director Guillermo del Toro. It's about giant monsters rising out of the Pacific Ocean and being fought off by Giant Mecha-Robots! Cool! BUT know what? Why wait till summer? Here's the swanky TIKI-Culture version of that!

The Big Green-Mean-Radioactive-Jellybean-Godzilla Threatens Hawaii and is backed off by the Giant TIKI "Guardian of Waikiki"!
Enjoy this epic battle via the original piece of Brad "Tiki-Shark" Parker Tiki-Art in your own Home Tiki-Bar! Yes, that's right, it's for sale, and not just the giclee print, the ORIGINAL PAINTING is for sale.... please, stroll on over to the Tiki market place and check it out!
Big ALOHA!
B~

aloha tiki tribe!
Here's the latest on the Body Glove Sea Creature Painting...

I needed to go back in and put more shadows on the beast...

I thought I had lost the proper shape of it's face. So I shadowed the sided to make it longer like the sea creature in the movie. Mine waws getting a little round and flat.

more laters...

HT

On 2013-02-02 19:15, Tiki Shark Art wrote:

PLUS, while digging through some sketch books I found this old tiki design - forgot all about this cool pencil sketch!

No, seriously, this needs to be a mug. Mark my words, in and amongst my other 15 projects, I'm going to sculpt it, dammit!

That's a great idea! I love it! Please give it a go, and send me pics please!

I do have a love of Tiki Mugs!

SPEAKING OF TIKI MUGS...
I just got done designing a set of 3 mugs for Tiki-Farm & Body Glove - they'll come in a box set - and, with my current painting as the cover! (oh boy! I do so love good packaging! aka: Yep, I is a collecting Tiki-NERD!)

Dig IT! - painting's not quite done yet...but almost... I think I gotta work on the flowers next and the tikis and foreground...etc...
It's a set of mugs based on this painting... which is based on the Body Glove award winning short surf film "The Disappearance".
The film was made by Director /pro surfer Greg Browning for surf-film contest held by Trans World Surf Magazine (It won 1st place), it tells the tale about the Body Glove pro-surf team going to a extremely remote island in Indonesia, looking for the perfect wave, and finding
a vicious Sea Creature as well! Very Blair Witch Project - like, and everyone don't make it back! Quite fun!n It also happens to be Body Glove's 60 Year Anniversary, so there's a special 60 Year Anniversary mug in the set , along with a "Shark-Tiki" tiki mug, and a Body Glove Sea Creature tiki mug. (some of my best designs I think, I really wanted to give this one my best effort!)

Check it out here:
http://www.bodyglove.com/campaigns/the-disappearance/?mwrc_session_code=Vx9ZC8YggXLAFcqaHb6s
Pop over to the Gallery area of Tiki Central to see all the pencil designs done.
We plan on a release party here in Hawaii next October with the Director, the Owners of Body Glove, Me, and pro-surfer Scott Smith (the Creature) ... plus 100 free limited edition posters to the first 100 sets sold. Autographs abound, photos with the CREATURE! and Live music by Henry Kopono - all at the Royal Kona Resort.

More on all that as October rolls around.
Big Aloha!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Dig this old sketch that later became the painting "Mister Mai Tai"!

It's when I came up with the idea for clouds to be in a hibiscus pattern.
ALOHA!
B~

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Well, it's the end of another week... "ALOHA Friday" is here...and I just wanted to share this beautiful sunset with the tribe.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So... on working conditions of a tiki artist. It is important to have a conscious work environment that elicits the creative muse to bestow upon the artist more inspiration. There are many ways to do this. One of the ways I chose to do this is with Godzilla toys.

A recent acquisition. All hail the King baby, King Ghidorah that is.

Here's the lair of the tiki-artist... shhh... he's arting...

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 8, 2013 10:12 PM

On 2013-02-08 19:17, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Here's the lair of the tiki-artist... shhh... he's arting...

You left off the F.

GROG take Gas-X. it work well.

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Hey, GROG, what's that stank? It's the Stank of Low-Brow Tiki-Art!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-10 01:19 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's me at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery painting "live" - an artist's remarque for a very hip art patron... great fun! Big Mahalo!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Almost done!

Here's the whole thing, let's see I think I FINALLY got those darned flowers looking like flowers!

Here's one...

Here's the other...
ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Sad news... I gotta take a business trip to the mainland. Sheesh, I'm really getting so that I hate leaving the island. Funny, folks always talk about getting "Rock Fever" and going crazy unless they get off island... after the 6 + years of living here, the grasp of Madam Pele is fully upon me, and I don't like leaving my island home.
Last Sunday I was at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery, painting an artist's remarque on a high end giclee, and well, it was just one little remarque...but I was talking with this new art patron who is moving here, and the gallery broke out the wine, all kinds of people are coming in and asking me about my art, next thing ya know I was there all frickin' day! But, it was really a great Sunday at the gallery - I send out big mahalo and aloha to gallery owner Mark Hanna - the one gallery owner here who thought tourists would "get" tiki-art.

IF you find your self in Kailua-Kona Hawaii please stop in and tell Mark he has great artistic foresight, and he's a cool swank dude for digging the Tiki-Art!
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612
Email – [email protected]

C

The lilies are awesome...and the detail on the skulls-!!!

Damn fine work, sir!!

aloha tiki tribe!

The Body Glove Sea Creature
Acrylic on canvas 24 X 30
A L M O S T DONE.

Take a closer look at the unlucky skulls of the surfers who went looking for the perfect wave on the island of the sea creature...
so just to catch you up...
This project started with a short film contest about surf photography held by Trans World Surf Magazine.
Greg Browning, writer /dirctor/surfer for Body Glove made this a monster movie short surf film. Here's the short film:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

Then Greg showed it to me, and I decided to make a painting of his sea creature. The film won first place, and many other awards art other film tests.
then tiki Farm came to me and asked to make a mug - I thought to mix the two things together and now we have a 3 mug tiki mug set in the works.
Now a release party is planned next Oct here in Kona at the Royal Kona Resort. invited guests are the owners of Body glove. the film Director Greg Browning, the producer John DeTenple, and pro surfer, water polo champ Scot Smith - the creature (who will be in full creature suit).

Now, because the short film was so well received, $ came in and it is /has be created into a full length feature film. I hope to give it's first showing a the Oct event.
I'm creating a special limited edition 100 prints for the event to the first 100 tiki mugs sets sold. With everyone there, everyone can get everything autographed!
Local legend Henry Kopono is taking time out of his mainland tour to come play live that night.
Talk is this image will be tee shirts , board shorts, skate decks, boogies boards, post cards, art cards, refrigerator magnets, in a calendar of tiki art, high end giclees, nice paper giclees for a little less, and the original will hang at the world famous birthplace of low-brow art La lus De Jesus Gallery in LA in 2014.
This is one of the rare times that the journey is as much fun of not more than anything else! I wanna give a big thanks and aloha to the universe for dropping this in my lap, to Greg Browing, to the folks at Body Glove, to Holden Westland at Tiki Farm, and Jeff Isbester at the Royal Kona Resort for letting us plan such a amazing and fun event!
I invite you all if you can make it, it'll be at the Royal Kona, we'll be hanging at the open air Mai Tai bar with amazing views of the Kona Bay. ALOHA!

Now....all I gotta do is finish it and not screw it up!!!!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Here's the latest painting - I think it's done. I better stop, or fear overworking it.

The Body Glove Sea Creature
24" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas

Here's a closer look at the main feature - the creature!
this painting was inspired by a short surf film by Greg Browning at Body Glove you can see that here:
It then in turn inspired a set of three tiki mugs - that will be made by tiki farm and out later this year.
Then, giclee #1 of 10 is already spoken for and set to hang in the Body Glove HQ. (maybe in Greg's office?)
Then there's gonna be a larger film project - much being talked about and might already be in the works, (still kinda of hush -hush, but I think it's almost done!)
A big mug and movie release party next Oct here in Kailua Kona Hawaii with the director , the owners of Body Glove and Scott Smith (the creature)
plus a special limited edition print to the first 100 mug sets sold.
The original will hang in my 2014 Summer art show at La Luz De Jesus Gallery" in LA.
There will be canvas giclee prints, paper giclee prints... and of course my agent is talkin to some very fine folks about the sale of the original...

Big Aloha!
B~

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

A FEW LAST BRUSH SLAPS OF PAINT...

Aloha Tiki Tribe... OK, a few LAST dabs o paint, and a clean up of the edges and NOW it's REALLY done. (I think).

"The Body Glove Sea Creature"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

Here's a look at the Sea Creature's strangest feature: it's LONGEST toes/claws are on the outside of it's feet! (creepy!)

Here's a detailed look at the creature and the two tikis - that will become the objects in a 3 tiki-mug set from Tiki Farm (out later this year)

AND SINCE IT'S "ALOHA FRIDAY-NIGHT"...IT'S THE PERFECT TIME FOR A "CREATURE FEATURE", AND U CAN WATCH THE SHORT FILM THAT INSPIRED THIS PAINTING!

http://www.bodyglove.com/campaigns/the-disappearance/?mwrc_session_code=ZDto4PSU9biD1klCkqcY

Can't get enough sea creature yet? Okee Dokee! Here's stuff for us hard core tiki tribe folks I don't put on FB.

This tiki in the BG, became the "Body Glove 60 year anniversary Tiki-Mug design" when Tiki Farm came in and we decided to make a tiki mug set to match this painting.

This tiki became know as the "Shark-tiki" and as a tiki mug it has two cool little shark aumakuas (spirits) swimming around it.

And here's a closer look at the creature, which in the 3 mug set is, of course, the creature tiki-mug.

Here's a better look at some unlucky surfers...

... seeking the perfect wave!

And want to hear how hard it was to film a 7 minute surf / monster movie? Scott Smith, pro-surfer and sea creature almost drown a few times... it's a wild tale! check it out!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtvbye_imaginarium-2012-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove_sport#.UTrF1qkTuX0
BIG ALOHA!

B~

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-03-08 23:13 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-08 23:20 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

And here's the scariest thing an artist can look at...and I don't mean Bela Lugosi in "Dracula" that's playing on my computer...

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So I was listening to one of my favorite horror pod casts, and the host sez their usual artist hurt his hand and that's why they don't have new art up for March... I heard these words just as I was putting the last brush strokes on a painting of a monster - the Sea Creature - so I thought wow, I gotta' submit this. So I did. If you dig horror go check out Tales to /Terrify...
http://talestoterrify.com/
ALOHA!

Aloha tiki Tribe!
Greetings from the Art hole...
Maybe before starting on the next big commissioned piece, I'll warm up by working a bit in a small piece I have started a while ago.

"Grrrr!"
I always go through this weird artist high and then crash at the completion of a big painting. Sometimes it feels like I sacrificed a piece of my soul into the canvas. I guess with all the time I spend on a painting, I really do "sacrifice" a piece of my life to create a painting. But, I can't think of a better way to spend it... well, okay maybe I could... like a weekend in Vegas, or the beach, or something, but, really I dig it when it all works. However it is draining. And...er... I kinda get this weird paranoid fear that I will have spent all my "talent" in the last painting and I won't have any left, and so won't be able to paint any more. Stupid, I know. It's not like I have a tank of "art" on my back that I use up on each canvas... but just before I start the next painting, I have this odd feeling of "what if I can't make any more art, or I forgot?" Oh well, only way to get past that is to jump into something and start making art before I totally freak myself out and really block up my art flow.

Anyways...back to what I was saying. The Body Glove sea creature painting was a challenge in a lot of ways I didn't see coming... but when I finished I was really happy - so now the pendulum swings and I gotta start a new one. I have a commission. But I think I need to warm up a bit, climb out of the art hole and start on something less intimidating.

Small. Swank. A spot illustration in it's immediate visual strength. The thing is to paint an object that really looks like it's on the beach... a test of perfecting the classic composition. and hey, it's small, it'll go fast, and therefore should be in the price range of a bunch more of the tiki tribe! (hey, a small strong original piece would look cool in a home tiki-bar!)
aloha,B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-09 22:42 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-10 05:48 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-10 05:51 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
While I got to help fill in some web site art on my favorite horror pod cast "Tales to Terrify", I'm still happy to see that it's sister pod cast "Protecting Project Pulp" is still using my all time Pulp-epic piece...

"Faster Than Disaster" for their web site art. It fits so well with their material which mostly is circa 1930-40's and I love seeing a giant tiki, a hot rod and a Tiki Lounge proudly associated with this classic literature. If you dig action tales check it out at: http://protectingprojectpulp.com

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

I was down at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery this beautiful Sunday morning meeting some fine art patrons from the great white North ...

And I autographed something for their son "Thor"... yeah baby, just like the Marvel comics' god of thunder: THOR! Now that's a great name!

So, knowing that THOR is going to grow up with my Monster Kustom Skate Decks on the wall of his bed room really made my day!

Tiki-Art RAWKS!
Aloha~
B-

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-10 17:01 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So... it was a beautiful, almost VOG free day the last couple of days here in Kona, so I worked out on the Lanai.

Working on a small canvas - warming up tween the last big canvas - and getting ready for the next big canvas - a commissioned painting that is waiting.

Here I took a hint from a art book. I'm working with a "bright" brush. Yep, I read that in an art book. It took me days to figure out what the "f" a "bright" brush was! Finally Thor (the artist not the little kid with my monster skate decks ) told me what it was ...it's a flat brush, to help you shape out the images quicker. Thanks THOR!

Was a really neat sunset. And gave me a cool idea... I want to warp the image - bend the horizon- like camera might distort it - so I quickly did some sketches...

I like the one on the bottom... itz got a crazy kinda energy that is fun and appealing... wonder how much of that I can capture on the canvas?

The canvas looks like this right now... long way to go, but nice & loose "bright brush work" for now... next I'll go in with a small brush and detail the middle of the canvas where I want the focus to be.

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-10 22:53 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4327 replies