Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4,327 replies

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So living on a remote island, we don't get the cool art movies... and I didn't get to see the new film of Kon-Tiki...in a theater. I just finally got to see it. Great movie! I was such a fan of the book - I really loved the book, and the movie...so freakin' good. What an amazing adventure! Wow! If you have not seen it check it out! I read the book a while ago - while I had a flu, and I had a strange fever-dream about floating on a raft in a "sea of sharks" ... when I woke up I made an drawing of that image. Then I inked it. Came out nice. Then, I sold that drawing, but the idea sat around in my sun baked noodle for year before I felt I I could paint it and do justice to Tiki! Really. The new movie brought me back to the magic feeling of the book; the adventure and searching for Paradise, and following in the foot steps of the mythic character named Tiki. I think the film captures what brought on part of the big Tiki Craze of the 50's. Anyways, I thought I'd take a look in my sketch book & at my drawings I did for that painting... here they are...

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-07 18:46 ]

"Kon-Tiki Dream" 24" x 30" acrylic on canvas. Painted when I read the book "Kon-Tiki" a few years ago.

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-07 18:51 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe,
This is not a travel log shot...
...just a product testing shot, of the Body Glove Sea Creature Beach Towel, on the Body Glove Cruise Boat...
and so is this...

and this..

..this one, maybe not.

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-06 18:53 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! I met some great folks / art patrons last night here at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery. They were building a home Tiki-Bar and looking for art for it's walls! I was honored to hear that! A Home Tiki-Bar has got to be my very favorite final destination for any piece of my art. It's all made with that goal in mind. They purchased one of my best pieces, if you go by the public press a... "Hawaiian Eye" made it into the Annual Art book "Spectrum-19: The Years Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art". I usually get a 1/4 page or a 1/2 page, but this is the only piece so far that has gotten me a Full page in that swanky art book! Of all my work, I asked the curator of "La Luz De Jesus Gallery" in Los Angeles, which of my paintings he felt was my best. I figured he'd be a good person to ask, as "La Luz De Jesus Gallery" is the Birthplace of the "Low-Brow" art movement. He told me he thought "Hawaiian Eye" was my best painting! Hmmm! So... these folks have good taste! "Hawaiian Eye is 24" x 30" acrylic on canvas, here it's a high end giclee on heavy paper. WANT ONE for your tiki bar? Go over to the Tiki Market Place and take a look through my blog there. I got 'em for ye!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-07 18:23 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! So I need help on a project. I've seen some cool stuff on YOU TUBE where people take their favorite song and mix pictures or film clips to them. I really would like to do that with an classic EXOTICA tune. The tune "Tiki" by Martin Denny. That song with a slow fading slide show of all my Tiki-Art. Sound cool? Only problem is... I don't know nothing about the tech side of things anymore, and don't have the soft where to make it and post it to YOU TUBE. The time it would take me to learn the soft wear, and do it , would take away from me making art for my next show... way too much time I bet. So, if any one has some time, and wants to work on a cool tiki thing... let's talk! There are some cool Martin Denny things up on YOU TUBE, - but not "Tiki". I love that song, cause it's got a swanky big band sound. If some one wants to work on that with me I'll GIVE, yes GIVE for FREE, you a 16" x 20" art print (giclee) on paper, museum quality, made with fade resistant inks. Any of my prints that are available as giclees on paper - your choice which one. I'll pay to ship it to you. They sell in my local gallery for $125.00! These giclees are really nice, it'll look awesomely swanky in your home tiki bar, and you'll be adding something to the pop-culture (I think) that will be enjoyed by Tiki Tribe all over the world... on da' net! It'll spread the swank word of "tiki" in a nifty way... for a song that I don't know enough folks have heard. What do ya' think? Any one up for this? Personal message me, and we can make cool counter-culture you-tubey internet "ART"! OK TIKI TRIBE -K? - this sort of leads me to my next project. It's a book of all my Tiki art. Tiki-Art, and. HOWEVER, mysteriously wrapped around the images of poly-pop-surrealism is also a tiki-noir story. Written by s.p. Gprogan. Some art, will be made special - just for this story. Mostly, the Art will be my body of work I have created over the last 8 years approx. It'll be my "body of Work", and S.P. Grogan's colorful writing, to first bring them all in, with a wonderful cast of characters. He is perfecting spreading his creative tentacles to wrap around each image and bring them into the story-fold. Exciting stuff. I don't think anyone has tried it before, so it' scary as hell, but I find that doing the project that scares you the most, pushes you to do great things. These things you are afraid of doing - ends up your best work.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-08 02:18 ]

Aloha tiki Tribe!
So there is a new project coming up. a Book project. part Art book part Tiki-Noir mystery - takes place in a semi-historic semi-fictitious Hawaii right after WWII. It's called Atomic Dreams at the Red Tiki Lounge. S. P. Grogan author of "Captain Cooked" and I are working on the story, and he's doing the writing, and I'm doing the Art. IT will mostly be all my Tiki-Art, but I didn't want to just do an art book, I wanted to do something special and that you could read as well... so this joint-project is being born. The featured thing in the story is a large 300 lb Tiki that sits outside the Red Tiki Lounge. This is a drawing of it - it's a study, and also part of the current painting I am working on. Here's the drawing step by step so far...

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 08:12 ]

KK

Sent you a message via facebook about a possible art video.

Thanks, Will get over there... but hey! Some one already put up my art to music! Not the song "Tiki" but my favorite tune by his Metal Band! HA! Awesome! Please go check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJG9parajk4

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-08 19:09 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Hey, check out the new & improved "low-Brow" Metal music video! "LEFTHEAD" plays their soothing tune "edwin" with "Low-Brow Art" by you-know-who! (I'm really honored! Thanks Kevin, and everyone in LEFTHEAD! Big Aloha, you guys RAWK!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJG9parajk4

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-08 19:08 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's Martin Denny's "Tiki" & "Quiet Village" with a Low-Brow Tiki-Art graphics slide-show by you-friendly neighborhood Tiki-Shark. "Oh, daddy, dig those smokin' hot horns on Tiki!! Love that tune! Every time I paint -THAT is what I am trying to capture!~ Big Mahalo & ALOHA!"

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaAvY

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-09 02:30 ]

On 2013-08-08 00:26, Kai Koa wrote:
Sent you a message via face book about a possible art video.

Kai Koa, I looked through all my FB messages, (I get dozens a day) could not find yours. I sent you a Personal message via TC... still have not been able to hook up. Please personal message me on TC, I have fewer messages and will be easier to find yours. Thanks and aloha!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-09 03:44 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Whew, been a busy few daze... Had guests from the mainland visiting- se I had ta' play tour guide. They brought a cold bug with them and I caught it. So I was a sick tour guide. And I was trying to keep up with my work, and we are getting things ready for the big Body Glove Tiki Mug party event in October, like the tee shirt designs and some local advertisements.. ...all a bit kooky. Anyways, they were seen off on their flight back to the real world, leaving me in my Hawaiian-fantasy land... to make some more Tiki-Art! Oh boy! I am working on a painting - the working title is "The Red Tiki Lounge" . It's part of a larger project - a possible art book / tiki-noir mystery novel. Never done a thing like this before, but it's looking OK so far.... Story in da' book keys around a large RED tiki that sits out side a Tiki Lounge. So, it's in da' painting, and I wanted to stop and do a study of it before I went further to really get to know what this tiki looked like, and to make it a cool as I could. So I'm doing a pencil - and maybe a ink study of it. In the painting is also a zombie who looks a lot like one of my "Tiki Culture Heroes" - I will let you look at the pics and figure that one out fer' yer' selves... HERE COMES da' ART!

~Big aloha! and "HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY"!!!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-09 23:16 ]

KK

Brad no worries It's Kevin from Seattle, I go by Kia Koa on here.

On 2013-08-09 09:04, Kai Koa wrote:
Brad no worries It's Kevin from Seattle, I go by Kia Koa on here.

Ha! Oh No wonder you already got the video project done!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's Martin Denny's "Tiki" & "Quiet Village" with a Low-Brow Tiki-Art graphics slide-show by you-friendly neighborhood Tiki-Shark. "Oh, daddy, dig those smokin' hot horns on Tiki!! Love that tune! Every time I paint -THAT is what I am trying to capture!~ Big Mahalo & ALOHA!"

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here the bit more work on the RED TIKI drawing / Design.

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Here's a "HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY TREAT!" A music video of my favorite Martin Denny songs "Tiki" & "Quiet Village" set to a slide show of your friendly neighborhood Tiki-Shark!

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-09 23:18 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe -
OKee Dokee. "The Red Tiki Lounge" - that's the working title of the new painting. And the important item in the art/tiki-noir mystery novel I am working on with a writer named S. P. Grogan. (he wrote "Captain Cooked" - a mystery-treasure hunt that takes place on the Big Island). So In the painting, I have "The Red Tiki", and I figured I better design a good looking Tiki, and get in down now. This can be really hard sometimes - make it cool, and tiki -like but not something you've seen before. So I'm doing a pencil study, that I think I'm gonna ink it now, cause... well it looks better than I thought it was gonna look.

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-10 02:54 ]

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-10 16:01 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe - just got a new toy... er... I mean... a piece of pop-culture R&D for da' Tiki Shark Art Studio pop-culture archives.

It fits in well with my decor.. which is... ah... Tiki and ...ah... early to mid ...to late century "Godzilla"... heh.

Brad's pretend Art Muse Sez: "Oh Fine! Hey, that's a piece of film history and coulda' been worth something... IF ya' KEPT it in the BOX! HOWEVER, not only did ya take it OUT of the BOX, you thought it needed a better paint job - and now yer' "re-painting" it! Great. Just freakin' great! Ahem... did we forget about the canvas we were in the middle of?"

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-10 22:28 ]

WHOO-HOO!

Tiki Tribe, it's Saturday night - time for the menhunes to come out and... RAWK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJG9parajk4

ALOHA!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-10 23:56 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! As I'm working on this "Red Tiki" pencil study turned ink and acrylic illo - I found a really neat drawing I did a while back - "Pig Rider!" . This certainly needs to be a painting, or at least in a painting soon.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
ha , yes this is the study for the "RED TIKI", so of course, what do I do? I make an underpainting of brown and blue...no real red yet. I think that comes now. Almost done! Thanks for all the offers so far, - please check over in Market place for sale of this one. Then, I get to go back to the canvas today!
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-11 12:55 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! I was up early...after a night out celebrating my agents' Birthday (the big five Oh, and I don't mean the TV show Hawaii Five O!) So I might have been a little blurry eyed,

...but such nice folks came in to buy a full sized giclee on canvas of "Beyond the Reef" from the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery - I HAD to stop in and say HEY! (and it helped drag my butt outa' bed and get me to da' Gym...)

..and they bought it from Susan Grimm - the New lady at the Wyland! - I think that was her first Tiki-Shark sale! So, OK, she's new at the Wyland, and new to Low-Brow and Tiki-Art, so I've been sending her all kinda' stuff about Tiki, and Exotica, Low-Brow Art...now she's starting to feel comfortable talking about the Art I do to to folks who come in. This was a big day , and it was good to be there for her too. Great person. And There's always something fun about showing people the world of TIKI-Culture, it's history and music. Cool stuff!

This is such a cool piece, and the Art patrons who bought it are huge Disney fans and totally caught the Pirates vibe from it. Saw it. Went away... couldn't stop thinking about it... and came back. But, what got 'em in the door was they wanted the TIKI mugs! What's funny is, The fella grew up here, has been by this gallery a million times, but never saw anything to make him go in...then saw teh tiki-mugs through the window! (Ah, tiki-mugs, how many of us know that as the gate-way to Tiki-Culture!) BIG ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-12 19:09 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I don't know if I let you all know, but "MahaloTiki" is my mainland Rep now... I think if you go to Tiki Oasis, he will have some Brad Tiki-Shark Parker swag~! Please take a look at his web site for ordering Tiki-Shark art, now you won't have to pay for shipping from Hawaii! Check it out at http://www.mahalotiki.com or https://www.facebook.com/tikisharkarthawaii & give him/me a "like" ... However, if you are on the Big Island, and can't make it to Tiki Oasis, I'll see you at the Mai Tai Fest at the Royal Kona Resort Aug 17th! (11:00 AM....)

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 00:45 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! - here's da' sunset tonight off the Kona Coast, on da' Big Island of Hawaii.... ALOHA!

I did a study for the tiki in the painting I'm working on...

Just to make sure I had a cool tiki design. It's very important to me to make it look "tiki-culture right", note: not historical Hawaiian Culture, but TIKI-Culture. Not too goofy, and thus dis respectful (I live on a active volcanic island where humans were sacrificed to these wooden idols - best to be respectful and full of as much Aloha as ya' can.) Not too evil. A bit happy is good, but sort of inscrutable.

"The Red Tiki"
(study for painting)
"Ink & Acrylic illustration" on heavy paper,
9" x 12"

all done! Back to the canvas! Hey, if you really dig this one-of-a-kind original art, take a look over in the Tiki Marketplace.

• I take pay Pal. Personal message me.

Ultra-Swanky Aloha!
Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 08:14 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
The "Red Tiki" was very popular. Several folks asked about it, and when it came down to buying, two people payed via pay pal. Now, one had asked , and one and just acted. It was pretty close, but one was first. So they do get "The Red Tiki". However, the art patrons who paid second, well, I just didn't have the heart to say "no Tiki-Art for you" to them. I know they have a very nice collection, and a great place for a piece - and if I just happened to use some "Green" on the shadows of a new "Red Tiki" study, boy it would match this killer Big Toe piece they have that has a lot of Green in it. I'm also hand tinting 2 very rare "odd" numbered wood block prints green as well - what a cool chance to make a beautiful part of a unique Tiki-Art collection! These kinds of things mean a lot to me as an artist, so I asked them if they wanted, I would do a "Green" tiki for them to go along with the prints. So... here we go. One more pass over the "RED TIKI" study for this very important painting. This "Red Tiki Study" will have some cool green shadows...

Now, please, I do very much appreciate the offers to purchase my work, it really is an amazing thing to have folks want your tiki art in their homes... However, this study is already sold. And, I really do think, for now ay least, I'm gonna' get back to the canvas after this study. If you like, we can talk about purchase of the painting if anyone is interested. Just e-mail my art agent at [email protected]. ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 22:50 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's the sunset from Kona, Hawaii tonight... Wow, I dig the yellow to orange to blue/purples... never get tired of these ...still gotta' paint the perfect one, ...some day. I'll keep trying! May take the rest of my life to get it just right!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-18 00:29 ]

ZZZZZING!

Go Brad!
Props on taking the time to school the new gallery gal!

Red Tiki..........perfect and perfectly TikiShark!

Gonna miss you this weekend,buddy
but i see you're carrying the Tiki Torch way high over there!
:)

little lost tiki - thank you so much - you R my inspiration - my Jedi-Tiki Master! Rawk 'em at Tiki Oasis, and give a big Aloha to Thor and Crazzy Al for me!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-14 22:07 ]

"Alas, poor Yorick! I drew him, Horatio..."

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-14 21:37 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY!
Well, I'm back from my trip to the mainland. (Whew! A Tiki-artist can forget that there's so many people in the world and all driving on the freakin' free-way at the same Freakin' Time!!! )
I did a little business with Body Glove about...

...the Body Glove Sea Creature, and Tiki-Mugs...

...and Body Glove Sea Creature Towels

...and Body Glove Sea Creature Art Prints... All came out great and ready for sale in October...

...but you can talk to Mahalo Tiki If you'd like to pre-order any of those goodies! http://www.mahalotiki.com
We were celebrating my trusty Art Agent's 50th Birthday! So we went on to the number one party place in da' WORLD!...
...(Shudder!) No, not here... This poor ruin was on the way to...

... Here! ...after much frolicking and frivolity at da, Fabulous Flamingo in Vegas! I'm glad to be getting back to the small sea-side town on an active volcanic island where it's nice and quiet.

Had some Art sales waiting for me at the local Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery (Big Mahalo To All the Fine Folks there!) http://www.wylandbigisland.com

...and I had a little time to start work again on my Tiki color-study for my current painting.
Have a Great Week End!

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-30 20:07 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Here's tonight's sunset from Kailua-Kona Hawaii, and where I am on that color study of the tiki for my current painting...

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
...and now for your amusement, some photoshop:

Discover The Body Glove Sea-Creature in Greg Browning's 1st place Trans World Surf film festival winner -

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-09-11 02:39 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's the Sunset of Kailua-Kona Hawaii tonight.
Aloha!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-09-01 01:39 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I finished that color study I was working on for my current painting. The Green color of the "Red Tiki" (!?) I know, but an art patron paid me some coconuts to see it in green to fit into his swanky Tiki-Art collection right next to Big Toe's beautiful Zombie Green Betty Page piece. It's his "The Black Lagoon Lolita" I think! I'm honored and excited to have my work hang in such cool company!

Here it is with out a BG...

And here it is finished.

Here was tonight's sunset from the west Kona-Side of the Big Island...
and if you wanna check out new Parker Tiki-Shark Swag, take a look-see at my FB business page (and "like" it please) . No, it's not gonna' replace Tiki Marketplace, just add onto new places to find new things I have for sale. Some things I sell I only sell on Tiki Central, and some I only swill sell on this new page.
Big Mahalo and ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-09-03 11:48 ]

When in doubt......go to the beach.
https://www.facebook.com/tikisharkarthawaii
Mahalo and Aloha.... like I said, I'm not replacing my tiki-art for sale in TC market place, but only adding on a new place on da' net to offer up special single "one-of-a-kine art pieces" (sometimes) on a new business page. Reaching out to the world from this remote volcanic island in the middle of kaiju swarming big blue Pacific. Wha? I liver on "Monster Island?"... seems that way sometimes! From your Tiki-Artist Tribe member on da' Big Island to you... I will still only sell some things in the "Tiki Market Place", and sell other things on this FB page. (I just want you to "Like" me. I was a strange & lonely child) ANYWAYS, Mahalo and thanks for all your support and ALOHA! Tiki-Shark~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

So here's a pencil study of another creature-tiki-thing that a-might go into the current painting I'm working on. It's sort of a "Fink-menehune-Tiki-monster". The idea came to me from my warm up sketches, and monster model painting. It might fit in nice near the strange carnivorous flowers, or perhaps near the
"Red Tiki-Lounge" itself. More strange developments as they ooze outa' my low-brow-Art-Brain. ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-09-03 03:57 ]

KK

The green version of Red Tiki is off the hook! I like what your doing in the new tiki sketch, H.R. Giger type look to me, pretty cool. Also It was cool to see you in video streaming on http://www.armsofaudio.com site tonight!

Thanks Kai Koa!
I had this idea about the wood having holes that show a creature underneath the tiki or inside the tiki... just thinking right now...

A thrilling drive to Hilo over the deserted middle of the Big Island... a beautiful day.

It was great hanging with other local artist's and being a guest on "Arms of Audio": their pod cast from the Hilo Side. ...this pod cast thing... boy...
Fun stuff.
I get to jabber about art, and drinking, and showed folks the gallery on Tiki Central, and da' new issue of Tiki Magazine, and paca-lolo, and the Body Glove Sea-Creature, and drinking, and makin' da' Tiki-Art, and galleries that show da' Tiki-Art ... and you can really see what a nerd I am! (Do I really sound like THAT? Jeepers!)

...and hey, maybe some new folks will discover TIKI!
Check it out here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38212001
Afterward, my art agent took us all out for lunch at Alice Cooper's joint!

Maui Tacos! (Thanks Abbas!)
Big Thanks to Kris Ti & Ti Mo for all your hard work, support and...
ALOHA!

(next time I'll bring Rum instead of Mountain Dew... or rum to mix into my Mountain Dew? .....Hmmmm...... Ewww!)

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-09-04 05:54 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

I'm back working on "The Red Tiki Lounge"

I'm working on the carnivorous tropical plant!

Speaking of eating... what am I having for breakfast?

Kris Ti & Ti Mo say they have a surprise for me if you tune in for Wednesday at their "Arms of Audio" pod cast! 3:30 Hawaii Time, live! Tune in to http://www.armsofaudio.com
Aloha and Laters!

BT

oh man, you are just getting primordial with these new ones :)

I guess you are eating your pallette to 'become one with the painting'?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4327 replies