Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4,327 replies

Sometimes I get so busy I forget to check out where all the fun is located. HERE!
Wonderful photos and say hi to the tiki chef for us. Keep on working so we can enjoy your art.
We are at Tiki Oasis and you should be here.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis - Thanx! I wish I was there - I'd raise a Mai Tai to your good health!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Paint,

Paint,

Paint,

Art,

Art..

Art…

More on this as things develop.
Stay tuned!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Big Week End coming up!
I'm gonna' have my Tiki Art out at two events for the Tiki Peeps!
1.) The Mai Tai Festival in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, I'll be at a booth in the Mai Tai Market PLace!

2.) My Tiki Swag will be for sale at the Mahalo Tiki Booth at TIKI OASIS!

Both places will feature the debut of the NEW Tiki-Shark Tee!

da' Back

da' Front

Hope you can swing by one of these fine events and snag some Tiki-Shark Tiki-Swag!
A L O H A !!

We are so close and yet so far away. That's all my ceramic art on the Mahalo Tiki Table with all your art surrounding it. How fun is that? One day we will come again to Kona to say hi.

Loving the detail on your latest painting. Wendy

On 2015-08-14 11:14, danlovestikis wrote:
We are so close and yet so far away. That's all my ceramic art on the Mahalo Tiki Table with all your art surrounding it. How fun is that? One day we will come again to Kona to say hi.

Loving the detail on your latest painting. Wendy

Absolutely!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Hey, could not make it to Tiki Oasis?
Didn't make it to the 7th Annual Mai Tai Festival in Kailua-Kona Hawaii?
...BUT, wanna buy some cool Tiki-Shark TIKI SWAG?
Well never fear my tiki peeps!
Check out my new set up on ETSY
( …and this time My knowledge and permission were fully given to sell my TIKI ART on line! Yipee! )

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=Brad%20Tiki%20Shark%20Parker

Please give it a look see!
BIG MAHALO!!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Last week Local Hawaiian Iron Chef Sam Choy came to the Tiki Shark Studio and took left-overs outa' our fridge and made a Gourmet dinner! ( yum! )
It's all part of his You Tube show "Sam Choy's in the Kitchen".

Please, follow this link and watch da' episode ( Episode 11) & you can get a look at my kitchen, some of my Tiki Mug collection, and a good bunch of fun & kooky-ness!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtkNsuoWor8

Yes, like Sam says in this episode, Tiki-Shark is developing his new "Sam Choy's Hawaiian Kitchen" line of kitchen towels and such swanky kitchen items.
I'm creating lots of cool Hawaiian tribal tattoo-like designs ( ...with as many Tikis as I can squeeze into them as I can get in there! )

Here's a sneak peak at some of the designs:

A Hawaiian Tribal Tattoo Fish

A Hawaiian Tribal Tattoo looking Crab - (with a Tiki like face on him.)

Here's a palm tree with a few Tiki Faces and such worked in.
These designs will be embroidered, and printed on kitchen towels and labels.
I'm working on a Tiki-Lobster tonight (!)

Sam is such a sweet guy, so full of Aloha.
He's really an inspiration.
We spent most of the episode kidding around with him, and making him laugh.
So, if you can, please watch the episode, & hit "Like" if YOU get a laugh outa it, ...and show some Aloha for the "Tiki Chef" Sam Choy.

BIG MAHALO!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-08-18 01:23 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Wow, it's amazing what you can find on the web! Dig this!

"Unboxing the Tiki Shark 34" Girl Cruizer Longboard Skateboard"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQovQCpUpUE

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Hey big thanks to every one who went and checked out that link to someone filming them opening their "ZOMBIE TIKI GIRL" Tiki Shark Skate Board and hitting "LIKE" - I really appreciated it!

MAHALO NUI LOA!

You lucky man having such a fun time. The skateboard video was fun because I saw your logo all over the place. Great art. It should hang on a wall and not be stepped on. The company is lucky to have you. Wendy

danlovestikis - thanx so much.

Aloha tiki Tribe,
I am coming out of my shock now.
Starting to think. Ask "Why?"
( sorry, I just could not look at that very creepy photo any longer - So I took it off )
"Ozymandias"

I had a friend, Author and intellectual, do a little research.

Ozymandias, It's a sonnet written by the English romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley.
"Look on my works ye mighty, and despair." ...But the poem goes on to show that all is just dust in the wind.

This interpretation seems the most meaningful, as the PIZZ was a talented famous artist: Woody Allen's films Stardust Memories (1980) and To Rome with Love (2012) use the term "Ozymandias Melancholia", which Allen defines as "the realisation that your works of art will not save you and will mean nothing down the line".

Ok, this it might fit. But, something still doesn't seem right. Did the PIZZ really end it all just because he was afraid his work would not be remembered?
I find that a little hard to grasp in this "age of information" with the world - it's history - it's culture is always at your key board. And… this will only get more and more so as time goes on and technology keeps perfecting it's storage of everything in "the Cloud" ...some where…. forevermore.

A L O H A to everyone.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-09 03:59 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe,

I cannot leave you with that last message as my "ALOHA FRIDAY" posting.
So…instead... Submitted this for your approval:

From the North Shore of Oahu, our Made in Mars / Tiki-Shark Skate board brand ambassador: Miss Eryn Krouse.
Please follow "Miss Eryn Krouse" at Instagram address @erynkrouse and @mimboards.

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY!

Aloha tiki Tribe!
Well with it raining out side, I'm inside finally getting the back ground on this painting to look like something ….

Boy, I dunno how many times I've painted diamond head now, Jeepers Creepers, you'd think it'd get easier… it's not!
Here's that old ex-stink volcano looking still kinda' stinky!

Now, that's a little bit more craggy and rocky , like I was thinking about.
I had to really start thinking about where I want the light to be coming from for anything to look right.

Thanks for watching, more to come!

Aloha tiki Tribe!
It's still in the process… but here's a sneak peak at the production of some new "Tiki Toys " Being made by K C Hawaii.

This coming attraction is the "Happiness Tiki"

… soon to be a souvenir in Hawaii shops… by years end.
He has four friends…

What do you think? They are asking me for needed adjustments and tweaks….

B

What size are they?

Is there a mechanism to make it stop centered on one of the two sides? If so, do they have a way to make sure the outcome is really split an even 50/50 distribution between the two?

[ Edited by: bkrownd 2015-09-13 03:42 ]

R

Those would make great additions to my tiki collection. Looking forward to picking them up when they come out.

H

Looks perfect, love it.

T

K C Hawaii does some nice work, of work that is Nice!!

On 2015-09-13 03:31, bkrownd wrote:
What size are they?

Is there a mechanism to make it stop centered on one of the two sides? If so, do they have a way to make sure the outcome is really split an even 50/50 distribution between the two?

[ Edited by: bkrownd 2015-09-13 03:42 ]

The Owner of KC HAWAII ( maker of Tiki souvenirs told me they will spin around and stop on "PONO" or "LOLO"!
We shall believe it when we hold it in our hot little hands!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Thank you RVICTOR, hiltiki, teaKEY, - Yes, I am very happy to be working with KC HAWAII as most of the tiki you find in souvenir shops in Honolulu all say KC HAWAII on the bottom. It's sort of a badge of honor for me (as a tiki-Artist looking to influence Culture) .
Today…. submitted for your approval:

A painting I did called "The Skull" was stolen from a house in the jungle down in Puna; a sort of wild-west and remote place here on the Big Island, or as the old timers call it "Moku o Keawe" (Island of chief Keawe). This painting never surfaced yet. so I'm doing a drawing of it, as …well, the subject matter was also on my mind for reasons the Low-Brow community knows about too well. If you dig it, check the market place I'm selling it, when it's done.

Here's another sneak peak at another spinning PONO or LOLO tiki… should be out in the ABC stores in January.

Will your tiki tell you about your true love?

Or will it tell you Love is ...Crazy?

HUGE rain and thunder storms here! Wow!

The HOT Humid air drove me out of my art studio to paint on the Lanai

Big MAHALO!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-16 17:15 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Working on a drawing for a special event - a drawing of the Tiki Chef himself : Sam Choy

Rough sketch

Drawing so Far…

more later!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Before I put ink and brush to penciled paper, I wanted to practice a little. I'm a bit rusty.
I USED to only do black and white ink… now been doing color painting..
I kinda forgot how to do the black and white ink thing…

Been doing the more tribal-tattoo designs for Sam Choy's products…so that's been good b & W work.
But an illustration is different!
SoI started with a Tiki drawing…

Then I'm inking that….
Get me back in the mind set of black and white spaces, positive and negative images.
Tricky stuff, boy I used to be really not too bad at this, now I feel like a kid half drowning doing
the dog paddle as fast as he can in the deep end of the pool trying to get to the shallow part!
GASP!

Slowly working it out….
more laters!

So many cool projects to look at. I know how hard it was to do that chicken. It's perfect.
Very clever to have the chef cooking over a volcano. When I was a tour guide in Yellowstone
National park people would boil eggs in hot springs for fun.

Wendy

On 2015-09-19 19:53, danlovestikis wrote:
So many cool projects to look at. I know how hard it was to do that chicken. It's perfect.
Very clever to have the chef cooking over a volcano. When I was a tour guide in Yellowstone
National park people would boil eggs in hot springs for fun.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy!
I'm so happy folks are digging the Hawaiian chicken!
I really appreciate that it sounds like you understand how disturbing it is to make Art in a NON-artist-friendly art program that is "Vector Based graphics" can be…
Jeepers Creepers, I really fight with it, ...but it ends up giving you great printing capabilities. Re-sizing . All that.

I'm gonna' have to do more Vector-Art though.... I have many great B&W ideas for Hard-Core, Edgy, yet still TIKI-Art images for my second wave of Skate Boards…

More on all that stuff as it happens…

Right now, Back to the old fashioned way ….

Here's the Tiki Ink Drawing just about all done.
This also had it's challenges. To get into the right Mind-Frame
I had to pull out some classic Martin Denny, and put on
"Lotus Land" to really get my "Tiki" feeling kicked in!
That one musical exotic track always works for me!

More later!
Big ALOHA and MAHALO!

R

Brad- Crazy good drawing and inking...

On 2015-09-20 11:15, RVICTOR wrote:
Brad- Crazy good drawing and inking...

Thank you so much,
Jeepers Creepers I felt so rusty!
I was looking back at Beri Wrightson, & William Stout black and white ink work - boy, those guys are the MASTERS! There are only so many "brush & ink" artists left alive now. It's like an art style hardly anyone takes the time to master anymore. You can count the really great "brush & ink" artists on just one hand! (these guys are ALIVE…I think)
Right? Let's se3..
OK
I said
1.) Bernie Wrightson ( the Swamp thing, etc, etc….)
2.) William Stout ( Every great dinosaur drawing you've seen )
3.) Mark Schultz ( the amazing Xenozoic Tales comic books )
4.) Tim Vigil ( the very disturbing very underground Faust comic books)
...all these guys are AWESOME!
umm… who else does really complex B & W work out there?

Hardily any one does brush ink work anymore… and not like those guys!

Oh …. Tonight's sunset

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!~

I had called my Art agent who was in town to drop into the hard ware store and buy a bottle of ink, mine was so old, it had dried out. He had a hard time finding it! Why, you ask? Well…...

"You Know You Are in Hawaii When…"

…when you go to ACE HARD WARE to buy a bottle of Black India Ink, and you discover it's locked away behind the counter. Why? UN like in a big city like LA, where they lock away the Spray Paint cans to stops young artists from making "Street Art" with stolen paint, ,,,no in Hawaii, they have to lock away the INK because young TATTOO artists keep stealing the ink to make home made tattoos on their friends!

Too funny!

Aloha!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-20 21:37 ]

Couldn't help to think of this song from one of my favorite bands in response to your last post Brad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-ef542Wyg

Kona Kevin - U R AWESOME!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Inking the Sam Choy Portrait…
Sam said he always wanted a piece of art of him cooking over the volcano, almost had another artist do it years ago…

So, when I came up with the same idea, he was happy.

Of Course, My version has an elaborate TIKI Bar…

… in the fore ground!
A more mysterious TIKI-Culture feel to this tropical paradise!

More laters!

"Low-Brow" enough for ya' yet?

H

You funny.

On 2015-09-23 10:37, hiltiki wrote:
You funny.

hiltiki, Thank you very much. That means a lot to me. Sometime I worry that instead of "funny" I be just plain ol' "crazy"!

Aloha, I remain most cordially & sincerely yours,
Brad "Tiki-Shark" Parker

BT

Brad, You Cray Cray!

Badd Tiki- THANX! I try!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Going to the outer edge on the other side of the island and bringing back stories and pictures to the tribe is my task.
Here's the latest "Weird Tiki Tales" - guest star is Tiki Chef Sam Choy …almost done. If the tiny little bugs swarming
in my studio don't eat me alive I hope to finish inking it tonight!

Chef Sam Choy is larger than life here on da' Big Island

He usually likes cooking with gas, but lava is OK too…

Gotta' tell you the scariest part of this ink drawing, besides being very rusty in my black and white skills, was getting a likeness.
I'm just not a portrait artist…but One night I was up all night... and 5 tr 6 tries latter... I had gotten' enough of the warm and wonderful Uncle Sam Choy down that folks round here all recognized him! ( double - W H E W ! )

Now, I saved the FUN bit for last - the TIKI BAR and the TIKIS!

More later…. hope it's all done next time I post!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-24 00:26 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 24, 2015 12:50 AM

Aloha tiki Tribe!
GROG - FUNNY!

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-24 01:39 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Tiki-Chef Sam Choy Cookin' At Tiki-Island!

detail 01

detail 02

ALOHA!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
FILE UNDER: "Things to do in Hawaii when it's raining so hard it reminds you of that Ray Bradbury Story where the astronauts land on Venus and the constant rain, and their un-ability to get out-of-the-rain drives them insane."
Well just heard that another big ol' Tropical storm is on da' way to the island.
So, what do you do inside while it's pouring down buckets? Well, you can work on
better looking "Certificates of Authenticity" to go with the Giclee Art prints.

In the State of Hawaii, certain types of giclees ( like canvases) are required by law to be certified.

"By who?" I always wondered? "The Art-Police?"

Well, I have not seen them yet if they exist.

However, if they ever come a crime-busting through Kona's Art
Scene they will discover that if an Art-Patron purchases a swanky new Giclee-Art-Print of this original hand-painted Skate Deck…

"Scaredy Cat meets Mr. Tiki"

…as a "Scaredy Cat meets Mr. Tiki" Giclee Art Print.

You'll also get this way swanky new "Certificate of Authenticity"

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-26 22:44 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Working late hours…

waiting for the next tropical rain storm…

...That one was loud

I love the to leave all the windows open in my art studio at night,
...and smell the green-ness of the Hawaiian Rain.

As I ink in another take on "The Skull" - I like this version.
It's cleaner, things are more where I want them all to be.
More Laters...
Happy Monday!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Sep 28, 2015 6:45 AM

GROG love your inked stuff. Good job on the chef piece.

On 2015-09-28 06:45, GROG wrote:
GROG love your inked stuff. Good job on the chef piece.

It was so popular it required another be created.

Thank you so much for the KIND words!
BIG MA HA LO!

Catching a lighten strike is pretty special but not a special as your art. I sure like the step by steps.
I worked my way through college as a dental assistant and my mother made gold teeth in her dental lab.
Those photos were very nostalgic for me. Nice smile with or without those crowns.

I just wrote on my Brad Parker calendar and then it occurred to me that I need next years. I'll have to grab Mahalo Tiki at the crawl this weekend.

Keep up the great work, Wendy

On 2015-10-01 08:47, danlovestikis wrote:
Catching a lighten strike is pretty special but not a special as your art. I sure like the step by steps.
I worked my way through college as a dental assistant and my mother made gold teeth in her dental lab.
Those photos were very nostalgic for me. Nice smile with or without those crowns.

I just wrote on my Brad Parker calendar and then it occurred to me that I need next years. I'll have to grab Mahalo Tiki at the crawl this weekend.

Wendy,
THANX!
Well, if you'd like an "autographed" calendar,

I can do that too! Mahalo Tiki sells lots of my stuff, (thanks Mahalo tiki!) however, feel free to message me or e-mail me or contact my web site http://www.tikishark.com to get an autographed one!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Aloha from…. "Moku o Keawe"!

HEY- I just learned from a real Hawaiian eldar that this is yet ANOTHER name for"The big Island", or "the Big Island of Hawaii" - or "Hawaii" all which describe the largest island in the state of "Hawaii", and all having sort of the same name which is at times extremely confusing.

So this elder tells me it's known as "Moku O Keawe".
WHAT I gasp?
"Moku O Keawe"..."the Island of Chef Keawe"
"Chief Keawe" was around BEFORE the famous King Kahamehameha. Chef Keawe was a very good and wise ruler, and ruled over a peaceful kingdom.
I tell ya' I learn more all the time I'm here. The more I learn, the more I learn there is to learn!
I just discovered the mythology about HAWAIIAN DRAGONS!
Yes, D R A G O N S !!! Dig it!
But, more on dat later…& the painting that will go with it!

I got the Local Newspaper coming over today to "shoot" my house. Wha? Jeepers Creepers, they must need stuff for the Halloween Issue!
OKAY, I can be painting on my EPIC "Night Marchers " painting in my art studio… set up my "Pumpkin Carving station" out on da' open on da' back Lanai ( with the sweeping View of Kona since today it's not raining!) and….ah…. be working on my "Chef Sam Choy Ink Drawing" out in the Front room area where there's nice light and space.
That's gotta' cover anything they'd want.

If not that, I can pull out all my monster models and toys and do a puppet show of the "Mystery-History of Halloween!"
...all very un-staged and natural of course!

This is my latest Tiki Ink Drawing I just finished up.

Brad (Tiki-Shark) Parker
http://www.tikishark.com
Remember to RAWK ON & BE MOST EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-10-04 15:21 ]

On 2015-10-01 08:47, danlovestikis wrote:

and I will try to do more STEP BY STEP! Thank you for the kind words and feed back!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 4327 replies