Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tiki Central Hapa Haoli Band

Pages: 1 12 replies

This is a call to all OC/LA TC members:

Luckydesigns and me are gonna put together a hapa band and are looking for some tiki freaks to join our sonic cacophony.

We got Lucky on guitar, Bong on steel, hopefully Nui Nui 2 on bass and Chongolio on 'the big ass Mexican guitar'.

If there's anyone else out there that plays ukulele or any type of a percussion instrument post us!

You don't need to be pro, just have a desire to learn and work on it. I've played guitar for decades but I'm pretty new on steel myself.

We also need hot looking groupies to pray to us and dance neckid where ever we go - Baxdog?

(ever hear a hapa haoli band to Smoke on the Water?)

ohh--sounds so perfect for my tiki-luving boyfriend who 's looking for a group to bust out his ukelele with. Problem is--we're east coasters! Maybe a future jam session at a gathering instead.

ohh--sounds so perfect for my tiki-luving boyfriend who 's looking for a group to bust out his ukelele with. Problem is--we're east coasters! Maybe a future jam session at a gathering instead.

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2002-12-30 13:38 ]

Does this mean I have to take a trip to Baja and get me one one of those "B.A.M.G." Seeing how I am clear up in the Monterey Bay, I may have a bit of trouble getting to practice. Maybe we can break new ground in the video confrencing realm. Video Band practice! East coast, west coast it dont matter. We just got to get the ourselves some webcams. Although I think our timing may be slightly off.
Chongolio
P.S. I just learned Apache '65 this weekend on my "Little Ass American Guitar" Not Hawaiian, but a bitchin' tune none the less.

If I'm not mistaken, Crazy Al plays a mean tiki! The ultimate percussion!!

If I'm not mistaken, Crazy Al plays a mean tiki! The ultimate percussion!! and sings too!!

Hey Crazy Al,

You interested. Maybe Lucky-D (sounds rap'ish doesn't it?) and Bong (B-dog!) and any other musicians we can snare will work up the tunes then you can come over and work your magic on 'em.

Whadda ya think? (no not that thought, the other one)

Uh, I wish I could join, but I can hardly play my uke. I'd sure practice, though!

floratina wrote:
Uh, I wish I could join, but I can hardly play my uke.

Ah, go ahead Tina! I don't play the uke, but I can hold on to it and do some convincing 'air strumming'. You could too!

SugarCaddyDaddy

Floratina,

If you're really interested, you can play along! I'm sure you know that to get proficient on any instrument only requires practice, practice, practice.

On steel guitar alone I practice at least 8 hours per week. Then another 3 or so on guitar theory (it sucks, but ya need to do it).

Then you can write up the charts and all the music for me, right? You think we can get a show at Sam's as the lounge band? Hell, I'll play for Zombies. I think Lapu is interested in contributing something too.

amazing how far some things come along.

The Smokin Menehunes are a respected addition to the local Tiki/Hawaiian Music scene.

Humble beginnings nice result....

Pages: 1 12 replies