Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Ben est là's stuff: 03/24 Creative Chimps' masterpiece in Paris !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 737 replies

Great stuff Ben. You are a master at carving small stuff

B

Thanks for the words Grapa, the word "master" is perhaps a bit too strong for me but I take it with proud :)

How's your tiki works going, dude ?

Mahalo,

Benjamin

L

Hey dude, you don't work this friday morning???

B

I do but I'm late ! I begin at 10 and a half but before I bring my son to her "keeper". And you ? :lol:

L

Never on friday, I keep the children...and I prepare an update :roll:
hurry up, it is soon time...

B

Ben, this one is looking especially sweet and your attention to detail is making him look So Huge, Much larger than he really is. Excellent work.

Nope master is not to big for you :)
My Tiki work is running slow these days due to some other things i have to deal with.
But I will post some new work today or tomorrow. And just this week someone put in an order to carve a Tiki so there,s some new work on it,s way.
Greetz,
Grapa

B

Last update and by the way I thank Benz, Grapa and Laojia/Jérôme.
At first, pix of the finished ears:

And finished marquesan with oil:

The grain is very shy, I'll try to take some pictures with different lights to show it.

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

B

Nice little piece, Benjamin. Good job on the details. The color of the wood in the pictures makes it almost look like it's carved from bone.

Beautiful detail in such a small package!

Very nice work!

Great little guy Benella. Classic look and very nicely executed.

L

Very cool stuff, Dude!! I thought waiting Wednesday evening for an update, but I see what this weekend was productive... :roll: I love the relief eyebrows that joined the ears, very successful, and the simple finishing: excellent!!

BD

beautiful. in that light he looks like he's made from ivory. or marshmallows.

bd

S

Outstanding! This is my favorite work from you. Great Job!
Great looking body and even better head!

B

Benjamin, this guy is looking SO SWEET, all nice and perfect, Right now he looks like fine porcelain. So Pleasing to the eye.

it looks amazing! great job

B

Thanks to Bowie, Lake, Conga, Laojia, Big Dad, Capt'n Seek, Benz and Tiki Thomas 08.

There was a shiny weather yesterday that bring me the luck to some chainsaw session ...

From left to right: Acacia, Thuja and sali-like Acacia.

On the table : Acacia,, Acacia and Cherry.
On the floor and under the chainsaw: acacia, acacia and acacia !

New work soon !

P.S: feels like this guy could be for sale :)

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

B

Aloha,

Update on a half butted Marquesan.

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

L
laojia posted on Wed, Apr 1, 2009 9:25 PM

Much of materials, the weather allow doing the great work. Have fun with cherry wood...

L

:D :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNG MAN!!! :D :D :D

C

oh the little guy turn out perfect! glad you have good weather and some wood, hoping to see a lot more Benellas with very round butts :)

B

Cool Stuffs there Benj, but there you go getting more "Behind's" in your work again.
Happy Birthday?
HappyHAPPYHappy

B

Hi,

Thanks very much to Laojia, Laojia, Clarita and Ben.

Here's my entry for today:

Always a little behinds :lol:

Marquesan out of Basswood and Moai NotMahogany wood :lol:

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

L
laojia posted on Fri, May 1, 2009 3:31 AM

Nice start for the moai! And very nice behind of the marq!!! You progressing quickly with the ass :lol:

S

Nice ass work! Did GMAN fly over there and whip
that out?

Ben your carvings are really looking great! Im really
impressed with that last little fella big time.
Everything on him is just right!

B

Thanks Laojia and Seek, I know I'm a bit late !

Pix:

Moai I showed on the previous update.
The cord will be braided but I'm still not decided about how many strands ? Perhaps 3 or 4... I'll let you know very soon !

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 9:54 AM

Beautiful. GROG like!

B

Thanks for your comment Grog.

Benjamin.

Hey Ben.
That new moai pendant looks amazing. The smooth finish is very pleasing to the eye.

B

Thanks Grapa, I'm happy to have you back.

B.

Oooooh, I see a chess set out of those mini Marqs!!

S

Wow, that Moai is perfection! you have gotten this down.

L
laojia posted on Wed, Jun 3, 2009 8:57 PM

Very good idea surfin, Benjamin if you takes this idea I will provide the chess board made with walnut and beech!!! I'm serious! :)

Otherwise very good work on this little moai, as usual your finishing is perfect and the carving proportion look very good! An other WOW piece from you!!!
Can't wait to see the braided strands..... :o

Jérôme.

B

Hi guys,

Surfin': Thanks for the words and for the idea !

Seek: Thanks bro, here's an update !

Laojia: Thanks dude, here's the braided cord. I'm thinking to your chess proposition (walnut and peach WOW !).

Still needs a toggle instead of the violet thing:

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 5:27 PM

Sooooo smooooooth!
I really like your Marq guy too.
Throw some stain on them!

Bowie

B

Thanks Bowie, unfortunately, I already put some oil on the marq and I don't think I can put a coat of stain above... But you really are putting doubts in my head about the Moai, I wanted to let it natural with some bee wax... The kind of dilemma when people ask you for panther spotted skull hat and you finally put red color :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Benjamin.

B

Yes Ben, your Moai IS Fine, I love the way the bottom is raw, Don't lose that. Of course your Marq is Top of the line too and was partially responsible for my latest guy, Thanks.

S

Yes! so nice! great lines and the bottom is so cool
it looks like it cracked off like its made of rock.

B

On 2009-06-07 00:50, benella wrote:
Thanks Bowie, unfortunately, I already put some oil on the marq and I don't think I can put a coat of stain above... But you really are putting doubts in my head about the Moai, I wanted to let it natural with some bee wax... The kind of dilemma when people ask you for panther spotted skull hat and you finally put red color :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Benjamin.

Oh, okay. That explains why they are so smooth, which is also a good look for them.
Put some leopard spots on your Moai! :lol:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

[ Edited by: Bowana 2009-06-07 10:31 ]

B

oops, double post!

[ Edited by: Bowana 2009-06-07 10:32 ]

L
laojia posted on Sun, Jun 7, 2009 2:38 PM

I prefer red color! :lol:

Cool work on braided strands....I learned...

J.

B

Ben: Thanks for the comps. I won't say that it is an honor to be partially responsible of your latest guy because I don't want to make you blush... oops, I wrote it :wink: I didn't know xhat to do with the bottom raw but thanks to you now I know.

Seeksurf: Thanks Capt'n, the raw bottom will remain, I didn't see this "made out of rock" interpretation :)

Bowie: Thanks and leopard spots on a moai, that would be really cool, does anybody think at it before ? I'm a bad painter, so I'll be preparing another one so that when you'll come to Paris we'll have a collaboration piece :)

Laojia: Thanks, red for what ? The ikea thing ? :)

Mahalos,

Benjamin.

A
AKUAE posted on Tue, Jun 9, 2009 1:14 PM

ciao

the MOAI is greattttttttttttt
i love the smothie head und the ruff cord

french Tiki Carving rocks

a bientot
Akuae

F

Great pendant, but don't stain him!! Just some clear would be great and it will darken the wood some too all by itself.

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Jun 9, 2009 9:58 PM

On 2009-06-08 00:28, benella wrote:
Bowie: Thanks and leopard spots on a moai, that would be really cool, does anybody think at it before ? I'm a bad painter, so I'll be preparing another one so that when you'll come to Paris we'll have a collaboration piece :)

Cool! I've been to Paris once a few years ago. I'll find a picture to post.

Bowie

B

See How you are?

B

Akuae: thanks dude, and congrats for your wedding !

Finkdaddy: Thanks and thanks for the advice, I'll let him natural and hope to find the time to buy some clear coat poly.

Bowana: Send that picture !

Ben: In France we say: give back to Cesar what belongs to Cesar !

If there is room for new tikis on your shelves :) :

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32661&forum=12&0

Mahalo,

Benjamin

B

Update of the week-end :

Marquesan tiki 51 cm / 20 inches, out of (rotten ?) silver birch:

Toggle for the moai out of Acacia not finished yet:

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 737 replies