Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 395 replies

V

Furball,
Here is a closer shot of the carved poles on the deck.

F

Very cool. Looks like flowers, lizards and fish? Lovin it!

T

seeing you guys is nothing but humbling those poles are awsome and i cant wait to see the end result on kinos

thanx furball!! tikigodz thats a cool piece! air brush or hand? either way very cool keepem comin! holla!

T

thanks BTScott its carved airbrushed then pinstiped apreciate the words

a little of every thing !! SWEEEEETT!!!

T

spicy a meat ball

S

tikigodz, is that spicy meatball hollow all the way through? i have never tried to hollow out a palm log how do you do it? it is a very cool tiki( i mean hot tiki)

F

Tikigodz, I love it! He's a naughty looking dude!

Update on my stuff. I have finished carving the little guy but have yet to stain him. In the meantime, I am hacking away at a bigger log. He's still very rough but I think I'll get him mostly finished this weekend. I also knocked out a little morale mushroom.

FUR BALL!!!!!!! you rock!! that little guy is bad ass! and that shroom is kickin it too!!!! your bigun is off to a sweet start !!!! lets go!!! cant wait for more!! cheers!!

T

it5s hollow i started with a a square cut with the chain saw and just kept going thanks skootiki this piece is 3 ft tll and the fire inside was a tiki torch after to many bonfire fridays the heat dried it outso much it practicaly ways nothing and very brittlle still not perfected but well get there

T

hey furbsll thats a pretty damn good start now you know all your cuts cant wait to see the finally !!! as for my friday got to work next day but ididnt waste it another aloha friday with the nieghbors and a piece of palm yeah c'mon

T

to much friday

[ Edited by: tikigodz 2009-10-16 21:23 ]

B

Furball, That little fella turned out great! You are geting some deep, fine detail in your pieces. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

M

red oak, carved with dremel 3.5" tall. Stain and nail polish (really)

very cool mijaba! looks like some good detail!! keepem comin!cheerz!

M

Thanks Big Tiki Scott! One more for the road:
lil gangsta
red oak, dremel. 2.5" tall

[ Edited by: mijaba 2009-10-18 07:06 ]

F

Thanks for the good words guys! Mijaba, love the deep cut detail. I have been drawing tons of inspiration from everyone on this forum.

Here's a little more progress on the Zabo Tiki.

furball!! lovin this guy! gnarley mouth on him too, sweeeettt!! you are well on your way my freind!! cant wait too see him dun!! p.s. luvin that head pieace!! cheerz!

T

nice work furball looking good this forum does provide alot of motivation started friday the
little guy lost his eyes now i need to find sunglasses big enuff haha lookin forward to your progess keep postin

B

Looking Great, getting close!

tikigodz! big and bad!! luvin the skull too!! lookin more refined this carve!! sweeeeet! holla!

F

Niiiice! Love the head and the skull... badass. Man, I wish I could get my hands on a palm log, looks like fun stuff to put the chisel to. Not many palm trees here in the land-o-pine. Anyway, can't wait to see that guy done TGz. Stay golden Pony Boy.

S

i carved this guy for my friend "REDWOOD" the tiki is called WINK and these two wild and crazy guys are living the island lifestyle in scenic central CA.

S

a neighbor just cut down a good size palm so here goes.....
you guys have inspired me to try playing around with some stain....i think that this little guy will make a nice chair

B

Nice tikis Skootiki, and the rest of you guys are really piling on the tikis too, making me look bad s I haven't posted in awhile.
Keep'em coming though and I'll be adding stuff to my thread soon I promise.

T

Pendant I just finished for myself

T

Nice work Tikiville how tallis it?

P
pdrake posted on Thu, Nov 5, 2009 7:21 PM

i've been carving stuff in wax. doesn't that count? nobody checks out the other craft thread? metal is a difficult medium.

The pendant it 4" tall ( actually a handle to one of those foam paint brushes) the laptop was down at work so that and a box cutter lol

B

TIKIVILLE, Great pendant for box cutter work, now you need a hook knife and some softer wood. well done from a paint brush handle! I love how you are jumping into this tiki carving stuff.

Mahalo , hook knife? ( dont know what that is .....any pictures)
I figured I'd get practice on small ones before I tried to tackle a big log,It's a matter of knowing where and what to remove for me, at first I had NO idea whatsoever and it all seemed a lot over my head but I'm starting to understand .
Glad ya dig where I'm going with this !

T

Thats a good idea startin small. Idont know how many logs i sent to the big fire
for lack of practice. Inow sketch all of my tikis out first//Latest one

[ Edited by: tikigodz 2009-11-06 18:01 ]

S

this is one that i have been working on (off and on) for awhile

while these two guys watch me and wonder why it is taking sooooo long

B

Tikigodz, I like your guy there, he has some really neat details, well done.
Skootiki you too are going gang busters all out. Excellent tikis and about time you started your own thread. Well done again!

S

On 2009-11-07 15:07, Benzart wrote:
Tikigodz, I like your guy there, he has some really neat details, well done.
Skootiki you too are going gang busters all out. Excellent tikis and about time you started your own thread. Well done again!

mahalo Benzart, i'll give it a shot on my next posting.........

K

Alright! Well, here's some stuff I did for a restaurant in West Palm Beach(Reef Rd Rum Bar). I'm a newbie here, but hope you all like it! 10' tall x 18" diameter, split and notched to wrap around steel I-beams. Yikes!

B

Kabuki, Welcome to Tiki Central, Especially bearing such beautiful works. Happy to have you here. Your tikis are Awesome, Thanks.

nice work -looking big! post pics of em all in place!

Wowee nice job Kabuki.

T

On 2009-11-29 19:52, Kabuki wrote:

Nice. Where's the rest of him?!

BM

finally got off my BUTT and atarted again..these new fellas are ROUGH but coming along

they DO need a home though..AZ will deliver FREE

T

Gettin off your butt is a good start Lookin good.

P

Not nearly as cool as some of the stuff you guys are doing, but a little different...

this is my 2nd tiki fishing rod holder:

A MicroTang w/ Banded Tulip Gastropod. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the geometry of these little fellows and this is the first one I braided myself. Wheeeeeeee!

B

About time Moondog and they're lookin' prety good. Make sure to post pix of them when they're done..

Nice Usable Art there pjc, we need More of that around here!

Hodad, Great pendant and not a bad braid for the first one. I will find that braiding video on youtube and post the link, it really helps.

Now if we can only get that Benzart guy to post some stuff we'll be back to normal??
:o

T

Sweet little piece there, HH...

On 2010-03-12 17:06, hodadhank wrote:

A MicroTang w/ Banded Tulip Gastropod. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the geometry of these little fellows and this is the first one I braided myself. Wheeeeeeee!

(((( Hi Ben! ))))

[ Edited by: tikigap 2010-03-14 18:50 ]

[ Edited by: tikigap 2010-03-14 18:50 ]

the fellas in the garage..this trio is 85% DONE..need some extra FINESSE and then sealed and finished

SERIOUSLY...anyone need a TIKI in the Phoenix area? GOTTA SELL THESE
I actually have 6 in the patio by the pool and 4 in front..they are MULTIPLYING
like RABBITS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 395 replies