Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new hope

Pages: 1 37 replies

my hope is to get 4444 by the end of this year so thats like eleven posts a day
so talk away

Geezaloo!

That's one Talki-Tiki!!!

I guess we will all get to know you a little better?

L
laney posted on Sun, Jan 5, 2003 4:04 AM

It's not quantity, It's quality! Please!!!

I completely agree with Laney, it should be quality not quantity.

(unless of course you're me, in which case you're not... so knock it off!)

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-01-05 12:29 ]

so far so good most of my messages hve been short but informitive it gets a little tricky sometimes you run out of messages to post on

MAN WHO FARTS IN CHURCH SITS IN HIS OWN PEW!

(Confuscious)

what do you call a german that is a sore loser

a Sour kraut

Nice one..1>[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2003-01-05 22:29 ]

[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2003-01-05 22:34 ]

I am having a hard time getting my point across! Sorry

On 2003-01-04 20:19, Talkie-Tiki wrote:
so talk away

Umm... Why?

Ermmm, please don't. There's enough to read through already without an extra 4000+ per person!

Trader Woody

TC

On 2003-01-04 20:19, Talkie-Tiki wrote:
so talk away

not much happening in hendersonville these days, eh?

TC

Talkie-Tiki, time to cut the B.S.

4444 posts!
Like the ones from your previous posts?
That would just be considered abuse of the Tiki Central Board!

To be completely honest, some (actually most) don't make sense, are put on the wrong boards, and become a little....um....ANNOYING!
Especially, since the only thing you want to add to the Tiki Central board is 4444 posts!

Now I'm not a mean person, but since you have set this "goal" of 4444, I have to say:

I PERSONALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO SET A PRECENDENCE FOR ABUSIVE, UNIFORMATIVE, USELESS POSTS JUST TO FULFILL THIS GOAL OF 4444 POSTS!

Yes, this is a free country.
Yes, you have the right to free speech.
Yes, I've had some dumb posts too.
Yes, I do hope you stay....but only if you will not abuse this board.

Talkie-Tiki, you are not alone in your reaction to other members posts on different subjects, BUT you seem to put EVERYTHING into writing. If we all did that, our boards would be cluttered with utterly useless information and emotional reaction, resulting in less and less useful information & readership because people will not want to sift through the 'crap'. There is some consideration to the readers of your posts that you have not kept in mind:
Spellcheck: We are not spelling bee winners, but please, please, check some of the spelling!
Run-on sentences and punctuation: Do you want to read this line four times what are trying to say do you know what I mean isn't it kind of hard I don't get why you can't put a period in the proper place do you get it do you tell me is it getting through to you this isn't fun anymore I had greenbeans for lunch what's up there oh I can see my toes....DO YOU GET IT?

This is all I will say about this.
My hands are washed of this subject.
I will not post another reply no matter what else is said...well, I'll try to refrain anyway.

Thank you.
SugarCaddyDaddy

The following are unedited posts from Talkie-Tiki. Sorry for compiling them, but when you put them together like this, you will see how much I REALLY don't want 4444 posts like the following:

This first post from Talkie-Tiki about Hanford posting 'Tiki Central House Rules' really get's me!

Posted: 2002-10-06 15:11
as long as you dont go overboard an become a Tiki Fascist I don't think anyone will have a problem. Most people already had a good Idea of what To post and what not to post I think that it was a good Idea to put some "rules" as gides.
Tiki Fascists =bad

Posted: 2003-01-02 00:09
I was watching a tv report they said quitting smoking was nearly impossible FUCK THEM FUCK YOU ALL WE WILL SE WHO HAS WILL POWER BE-ATCH
ok hehe just a little ranting but boy does it feel good to be smoke free

Posted: 2003-01-02 16:43
its one of those videos that makes you go hmmmmm

Posted: 2003-01-02 18:47
nope but thats a pretty cool mug

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:11
ok repat after me tikis and paitballs don't mix

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:15
damn strait they do

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:29
intresting

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:33
oh well maybe next year

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:36
thats so cool there was a tiki cubicle article somewhere I'll have to find it

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:27
It just doesn't seem right to me

Posted: 2003-01-03 21:44
another day of not smoking so ha ha

Posted: 2003-01-04 21:54
thats pretty cool but too rich for my blood

Posted: 2003-01-04 21:50
I hope he reconsiders and ditches the bitch !

Posted: 2003-01-04 21:06
That’s hilarious

Posted: 2003-01-05 19:56
so far so good I really dont want to smoke its more I didi it because it was something to do

Posted: 2003-01-05 20:18
so far so good most of my messages hve been short but informitive it gets a little tricky sometimes you run out of messages to post on

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-01-06 09:35 ]

L
laney posted on Mon, Jan 6, 2003 10:01 AM

Well put, SCD, but you forgot this one.

tiki sighings
Talkie-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

one they have a tiki beading set

there Is a tiki drink ??

something ele tiki but cant remember

the tiki beading had a really cool tiki person on the front

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-01-06 10:02 ]

ok I know it was too much Im not going to go for four thousand + messages and there is not anything to do here !

On 2003-01-06 11:07, Talkie-Tiki wrote:
ok I know it was too much Im not going to go for four thousand + messages and there is not anything to do here !

sugarcaddydaddy,

I think Talkie-Tiki just made your very point! Thanks for helping to keep the discussion tiki-relevant.

M

So how do guys spell check? I have to start a post on my word processor program, check it there and then copy and paste it here. Does it vary from computer to computer? Is there an easier method?

On 2003-01-06 13:36, mrtikibar wrote:
So how do guys spell check?

I think a big part of "checking" a post is is simply re-reading what you just typed and asking "Does that make sense?" before you post, and fix it if it's nutty. Often I catch missed words, incomplete sentences, and things that just don't sound right. If I spell a word really really wrong and it doesn't even look right, I'll check the spelling in a word processor, an email program, or on http://www.m-w.com.

I think the important thing is that the post makes sense. I think everyone should remember that you're not judged here on spelling and grammar alone; if your posts are informative, and makese sense, you can get away with a lot.

~Hanford, A really bad speller

TC

On 2003-01-06 13:36, mrtikibar wrote:
So how do guys spell check?

c-h-e-c-k

I sure hope we are not judged by grammar and spelling. Not all of us have the luxury or brains to be university educated. I am at this site because of a love of all things Tiki, I found it by searching on google. We all learn a lot here and I hope the lesser educated, myself included, can proceed without too much judgement on our grammar skills! Tolerance is important or you will not allow the rest of us to grow. Maybe some find chatter irritating but others may appreciate the attention! I say if Talkie Tiki wants to add comments, enlightened or not...GO FOR IT!!!

M

"Ermmm, please don't. There's enough to read through already without an
extra 4000+ per person!

Trader Woody"

I agree with the self limiting of posts. There are so many posts already--if we could try to limit those that don't add all that much to the topic like "cool""nice mug" "i like that" etc. it will help getting to the meat of the matter easier. For example; if someone posts a picture of a nice lookin' mug, do we really need 10 posts (by different people saying "nice mug"-maybe one or two "nice mugs" would be sufficient. Same for personal posts -"hey Joe, you still going to Trader Vics
's next week? Should I pick you up?--why don't you just email him off the board so we don't all have to read your plans.(I am guilty of all these "sins" I mention, but I do limit my "sinning" strictly!)
I enjoy this group tremendously, but it takes me over an hour each day to read or scan all the posts.
Thank you for your help, and understanding.

M

It is a fact of life that, to some extent, we are judged by our spelling, grammar, vocabulary etc. In a forum like this however,
I think everybody overlooks errors because everybody makes them and it's no big deal. This isn't a final exam and who needs to be so anal about a casual exchange of ideas. Spell Check programs (no I really don't use them every post) can help someone that is struggling and wants to improve the quality of their writing. These programs can be a crutch, thus a detriment, but also a means to learn and improve writing if one has the will to improve. (Did I spell detriment right?)

F

Since when do you need to go to college to learn basic spelling and grammar? These skills should be mastered by the time you finish high school.

M

Floratina. Boy you'd think so.

I like an enthusiast...no matter how he or she approaches it. As long as the heart is right.

Maybe here in Canada and down there in North Carolina it takes longer than 12 years. I still haven't got the clock going on my vcr and its been 8 years...now you realize what kind of people you may be dealing with!!

On 2003-01-06 17:28, fartsatune wrote:
I sure hope we are not judged by grammar and spelling.

Not spelling and grammar alone, no. I don't think anyone here has even been bitched out only because of their spelling. If you have great, informational amazing posts that are full of spelling and grammar errors, you'll still be judged as being a good contributor to Tiki Central. Your posts have to be comprehendible, but not perfect.

~Hanford

T

"Floratina. Boy you'd think so."

Nice mug Nice Mug
I had to read for hours to get through that.

All you highly educated computer nerds need to realize that you are the minority in the world.
Someday people that can't spell real well, will take over the world, just as soon as they stopp selling us beer.
As sad as it might be, this is for some of us the only reading we have time for.
And some reading is better than no reading at all.
My speling scils hav inkresd an 1000 persont cints istartdis bord.
Oh my god, I had to read that line 22 times and I was late for spelling class. SEW WAT

M

On 2003-01-07 07:24, thebaxdog wrote:

Someday people that can't spell real well, will take over the world.

-martin

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-01-07 11:15 ]

M

(please don't anyone get bent- it's only a joke)

-martin

Ok my grammar sucks. And for the most part I do not use punctuation. Well I am sorry. I should take more time to proofread my posts before I post them so that gross spelling errors do not occur. Most of the time I re-read my post and I wonder what was I thinking. Sometimes " how the hell did that happen” runs across my mind! Most of the time I just shake my head. Maybe I can strike a balance between good posts and many posts. I am sorry if I have angered people or not been clear on content matter. I am always excited to post and to read posts of other people. I really just love to converse! I think people don’t talk in here nearly as much as we should. I also think we should try to keep it as positive as possible. I know not all of my posts have been positive and I am sorry. And in the future I will keep my post on the up and up. Again I would like to apologize to anyone and everyone who I offended or bothered. I think that for the most part people in here are pretty benevolent. I hope to have many more posts and conversations with you wonderful people

Nicely put talkie! Don't worry...we've all had our moments and some of your posts and replies have been very amusing and had me chuckling to myself. You Da Man!!

Martiki, that "Someday people that can't spell real well, will take over the world" photo is the funniest thing I have seen for a long time. Oh gawd, if it just wouldn't be sad reality.

M

This was a close call, good thing he was only The Vice President.

Dan Quayle's moment of embarrassment. William Figueroa, 12, was the boy who knew how to spell "potato" even though the veep insisted on adding an "e" to the end.

MaD-TiKi :evil:

MaD TiKi,

Where ya been brah? Please tell us the sorts of New Year's Resolutions the MaD TiKi might have come up with!

(the mind can only imagine)

Ears to you mad-tiki!

:drink:

Pages: 1 37 replies