Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

4WDtiki - Bill's stuff. - first new pics in years

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 1,386 replies

S

Ya, exactly THAT'S NOT SEATTLE!
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Work's been slow, so I've had time to carve this week. These are just in various roughed out stages.
The bigger two are about 3 feet tall.

S

Looking good 4WD, looks like you found some time here.

That gal and 8' are da bomb!!! Really nice style...your babies have lot's of personality. PM coming your way. :)

Always cool to see your work man.

Aloha 4WD!!!
really sweet tikis going on my friend,Thanks for sharin,aloha , Mooney

B

Lookin Good 4WDTiki, I am HAppy that you are finding more time to carve here now. Your works look like they will have Excellent detail when they are finished. Keep up the great work.

H

Wonderful work!

Thank you all for the kind words. :)

I finished two of the tikis from the last pic. Here they are. :D

And for anyone that will be coming to the chop this Saturday, that wall'o'weeds behind the tikis is the backyard we'll be carving in! I need to break out the weedwacker before then. :wink:

Those are fabulous, Bill. Love the abstract penis.

B

Very nice Bill! I personally really like the way these two finishes look next to each other. Have fun a the Chop!

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Feb 13, 2008 7:46 PM

Love that Bora Bora guy! (the other one is no slouch either)
Some of the simpler Tahitian and Marquesan souvenirs are also my favourites because of the economical way they're carved. It's kinda neat to see the style elevated to a full-size specimen. Sometimes less is more...

Doing some nice work there 4WD. I like the minimalist look of the
one on the left..and your finish and detail work really make the
other one "pop." Good stuff.

H

Very nice mate :D Your burning/tatts is definitely developing!

C

Oh beautiful pare! Love the two tones together! You have such a distinctive style, Congrats!

S

Holey Mollee! Man love the detail and colors those
to guys came to life big time.

On 2007-08-21 19:47, hewey wrote:
This moai looks like a perfect candidate to spit some water to become a water feature! :D

No the moai is a good candidate to make a shelf for my mugs! Bill, we gotta talk...I've been sketching. Hopefully, you can make it come to life!

Way to go, Bill! Re-invention is how we keep things fresh. Kate is very lucky to have gotten the ne guy, right off the cuff!

On 2008-02-22 15:53, Billy the Crud wrote:
Way to go, Bill! Re-invention is how we keep things fresh. Kate is very lucky to have gotten the new guy, right off the cuff!

That's why I like to get to Bill's place a little early every month. :D

On 2008-02-13 19:46, Paipo wrote:
Love that Bora Bora guy! (the other one is no slouch either)
Some of the simpler Tahitian and Marquesan souvenirs are also my favourites because of the economical way they're carved. It's kinda neat to see the style elevated to a full-size specimen. Sometimes less is more...

Paipo, I copied a small souvenir tiki that Buzzy gave me, that I thought was the greatest tiki I have ever seen. I want to do an even bigger version! And I plan to incorporate the economical cuts into more of my tikis.

CheekyGirl, I've been building those shelves in my mind, we'll see how my image matches your sketch!

Kate, you can come early to the chop anytime! :wink:

I started a couple new tikis this week. Here's where I'm at. I'm not sure where I'm going with them yet, but what else is new! :lol:

The big one is 5 feet, and the small one oddly resembles Homer Simpson in this pic. :o

DOH!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Feb 23, 2008 9:31 PM

Seeing some nice diversity and experiments in your work :D

Thanks hewey!

I made some good progress on the bigger tiki today.

T

Wow, lookin great already. That's gonna be a real eye catcher.

1.Dude your tikis are sick!!!!!
2.I love the exoskeleton on the ranger nice truck!(jeep guy myself)

The new one looks like it's off to a great start, lost it's homer look (which I would say is good thing, lol)

I really like the two on the previous page. I love the contrast of them with each other and their respective accents.

S

Nice job he has some great lines on him and i like
how the log is upside down.

B

I like the minimalist look this one has got going. Throw away that protractor, Bill! You don't need it!

The new ones are beautiful!
Great designs!

Rockin!
Lovin that Moai one more and more!

B

Lookin' Good 4WDtiki and I Really love the Pucker on that Moai. He looks like he's Whistling Dixie, would he be headed to the South like in Alabama??

Thanks to all for the compliments! I finished this guy today, so here he is!

Hmm, I'll have to work on a better shot. It's more in alignment than it looks in this pic.

He's 5'1", and you can see him at the Tiki Farm parking lot sale in April, if I still have him around...

On to the next tiki. I'm working on another female! :wink:

S

Job well done 4WD. I particularly like how the nose and lines
all work together to make the nose NICE.

B

bill
the big guy came out great!i really like the burn look
you make the big ones look so easy,i really want one of those grinders
more tools more tools

H
harro posted on Wed, Mar 5, 2008 5:58 AM

hey nice one!!!

that really looks elegant and sharp. And he doesn't look out of alignment at all!?!?

look forward to more pics from you.

cheers,
harro.

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Mar 5, 2008 9:39 PM

Nice Wheeler! Man the work that is coming out of you lately is really looking great! I could spot a 4WD tiki a mile a way...your style is sooo your own. Can't wait to see the start of the next tiki babe.

On 2008-03-05 21:39, Babalu wrote:
Nice Wheeler! Man the work that is coming out of you lately is really looking great! I could spot a 4WD tiki a mile a way...your style is sooo your own. Can't wait to see the start of the next tiki babe.

No shit, man.......he's got his own signature for sure.

There still avacados on that tree, Bill?

Did you finish the "THING" tiki?

Which one was the "Thing" tiki??? :-?

penis

hey 4w- that big guy has the coolest lines. beatiful job! i love the grinder-deffinatly my favorite tool.

B

4WD, this guy finished out really Nice. Excellent work, whats next?

Aloha 4WDtiki!!! I love the lines on your tikis. They all flow really well, very kool tikis,Aloha, Mooney

Thanks Pat, Ben, and Mooney! here's what's next.

I've been working this one for several weeks on and off, and I'm finally liking it enough to post a pic.

Her body is definately better than her face, but I think when she's all finished, she'll be a looker. :wink:

I started this guy yesterday.

Here's the two together.

The big guy is about 5'7".
I hope to make good progress on one or both at the chop this Saturday!
Note that I mowed the weeds! :P

On 2008-03-16 18:54, 4WDtiki wrote:
Here's the two together.

The big guy is about 5'7".
I hope to make good progress on one or both at the chop this Saturday!
Note that I mowed the weeds! :P

Wow! The tikis look great, but I'm super impressed with the yard. (I think mine is going to be taller than me sometime in the next few days.)

B

Nice nips!

S

Nice 4wheel i like allot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 1386 replies