Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

4WDtiki - Bill's stuff. - first new pics in years

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 1,386 replies

Haha Nelva, let me finish the first idea! Are you coming next Sunday? The shelves should be done.
And bring Hilda!

Yes, in!

Those twins look great!!! You sure can crank em out. :)

Nice carves 4WDtiki! :drink:

Thanks, Marlene and Savage!

Here's the two poles together, being picked up by the new owner.

Here's the project I'm doing for Cheekygirl. There's two of them. I just nailed and glued this one together, and tomorrow it gets stain and a thin backing.

And here's my project for Vampiress. Hard to tell what it'll end up looking like in this shot, but hey, it's just started.

B

but can you do that on voodoo kities?

great job bill!

Yee Haw...dats my goyl!!! :D

Cool idea with the shelves! Then Cheeky can display all her tiki books!
Those Marqs look awesome.

She actually designed them to hold tiki mugs. But maybe there'll be some books, too.

I'll have finished pics of the shelves tomorrow.

Well, no new pics of the shelves! :roll:

BUT, new stuff, none-the-less.

First up, a friend wanted a tiki like the one on the left, but bigger. Here it is so far.

And, a little more done on the Vamptiki. Oasis is coming up fast! :o

Yee Haw...I see a fang...she will be delightfully evil. :)

H

Bill I like the big tiki with the big whatever!!!! :)very nice carving.

C

Great new ones! Love the poles, and the shelf for Cheekygirl and the last two Tikis too!! thanks for the great Tiki fix :)

The shelves are awesome. Bill was putting some finishing touches at the last carving gathering. Can't wait to put them up!

S

Nice 4WD! yes the girl tiki cool.

TT

Some very nice work Bill.. I wonder where i could get a Burro Saw Horse T-shirt?

Thanks all!

Trav, you got me curious about Burro Brand T-shirts, so I searched: http://www.burrobrand.com/aboutus.html
Turns out they are right here in SD county, in Babalu's neighborhood!
Why don't you drive down there and wheedle some shirts outta them?

TT

Good stuff! gonna check it out... would be a great T-shirt to take back to Australia with me!

B

Excellent carves there Bill, the "Girlie" tiki is really Cool!

Update time.
Here's the big brother tiki from above, all finished with a light coat of varnish.

Here's Marlene's Vamptiki in the works. Don't worry, it'll be done! :wink: Tattoos tomorrow, stain on Tuesday, varnish Wednesday.

And here's the tiki's I'll have for sale at Oasis, if you're interested...

Thanks for looking!

Nice line up for Oasis. Vamptiki is looking scary hot. :o

[ Edited by: Savage Daddy 2008-08-11 07:25 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2008 7:23 AM

Bill

You've been busy! Love the Vamptiki - can't wait to see it in person up close,mmmmmmmmmm

Cheers! Greg

Teaser pic, tattoos almost finished!

Whoa!!
looks great!

I like!

4WD, you have some really nice stuff you're bringing to Oasis.

And Vampy... You are going to display this one in front of your house, right?

LOL Hakalugi...yeah, my HOA would burn me at the stake no doubt. :lol:

Bill...I am soooooo excited about my "first real tiki"....she is wonderful and the flowers are just awesome. You are making my visions come true.

I will post my room number here and in the Room Crawl thread and also in my Zombie-A-Go-Go Invitation thread tomorrow night. I hope all you crazy Oasis Zombies will come by my room to see VampTiki. :)

Vamptiki is done!

She will be appearing next at Oasis, in VampiressRN's room crawl. 8)

I also finished up Nelva's shelvas. This is a lousy pic, sorry. Hard to shoot well, since it's dark and shiney.

The Shelvas will be appearing at Oasis also. Look for them (there's two) in Cheekygirl's room crawl!
8)

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 13, 2008 8:40 PM

Looks awesome mate, well done. The tatts finish it off great :D

VampTiki looks awesome....bring her on up to my room Bill, I will be doing some basic decor around 10am on Thursday (tomorrow)...pajama party...come on by or give me a shout...

ROOM 1626....everyone come to the room crawl.

VampTiki will be part of the Zombie-A-Go-Go...come by and see her.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-08-13 23:08 ]

KUDOSKUDOSKUDOS to Bill for my fabulous VampTiki. I fell in love with the first girl tiki I saw in this thread and had to have one. Not wanting to make an exact copy for me, he asked what kind of tattoos I would like and I said I like the traditional NZ ones, but would really love some Hibiscus to give her that real island feel. I know some folks won't like her fangs, but bless Bill for adding that alternate piece of genre to her...she is a prefect match for my home. Also big hug to Bill's wife for the lovely hand-made lei, it really is beautiful.

(Pardon my terrible Photo skills.) :)

B

What an Awesome Match. Bill, you Really Outdid yourself on this one and VAmp,,, What a Great piece for you and your home, I Love it!

She looks great in your home, Marlene! I'm glad you're happy with her!

And thanks, Ben. I enjoy carving those tattooed women. :wink:

B

i think it would look better in my home!!
great job bill!

S

Incredible work love the tats great work!

huzzah!

Thanks Bob, seeks and Hank!

I had my website redone (Big thanks Clysdalle!) so check it out and tell me what you think! http://www.firemountaintikis.com.

very sharp, man! looks good

[ Edited by: tikithomas08 2008-08-30 15:45 ]

T

Wow, how can I get one of those and what would the shipping cost be to ship in up here to buttfuttville NY? :) Love the detail in your work. I've got all kinds of ideas going through my head right now.

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-08-30 17:10 ]

Just PM me about any particular piece! I've shipped a couple tikis back east, and it's about $1 a pound via Fedex.

The website looks good. Keep them tikis coming.

Your website looks nice. I typically find red backgrounds hard to read, but the beige font looks nice and is easy to read. The gallery is looking good too...so keep posting pictures of your awesome work.

I started on a new bigger piece yesterday. This one will be going to HBtiki. It stands 5' 8". I'm still roughing it out.

S

Another fine start you are a pro!

Thanks seeks!
I did more on it today, here's a night shot.

H

Looking awesome!! Excited to get my project started. :D

B

Cool website, Wheeler! How's your new carving going?

B

Almost there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 1386 replies