Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

Sitting outside in my Tiki Lounge by torchlight, with my wife, listening to Joni Mitchell, and VegasVic's Podcast, while sipping 15 year old Rhum Barbancourt and enjoying perfect night weather! It was heaven.

Drinking Mojitos and eating Lobster Nachos at Aerial's Grotto at California Adventure with SoccerTiki today :)

SoccerTiki got to meet The simpsons :)

H
Helz posted on Mon, Aug 13, 2007 8:58 PM

My New Tiki Fink Painting:

Andrian Grigoryevich Nikolayev

R

Today: Listening to my playlist made me happy! Lotsa Bowie today!

Also, this adorable freakin video!
Lion Reunited

SO cute! :D

Getting MY computer werking again.

Sort of.

It's still giving me shit and is not 100%.

Fekking computers!

p.s. it's all clickety clack!

like a time laps movie!

R

TINY TIM MADE ME HAPPY TODAY!

YES! I think he's sexy! :lol:

i got visited by Tikitastic,travelling jones and Kingstiedye today! we hung at the studio,then had lunch,and i took ktd and tj to bamboo Ben's then to Tikifarm! And i sold two pieces today! All in all a great Day! :D
not as great as Tiny Tim,but it'll do!

J

Seeing APE live for the first time! Too bad the family-style audience at the free concert in Concord, CA just didn't quite get it 'til the very last couple of songs!

I had medical examination today ( yearly routine ) during which I was given an gastroscopy for the first time ( examination of the inside of the gullet, stomach and duodenum and is performed by using a thin, flexible fibre-optic instrument that is passed through the mouth ) . Nothing was found ...I'm happy .

R

Discovering my theme song. :lol:

R

My new siggy!
My friend Anthony, who finally finished writing that song about me: You can hear it here, if ya want!

No...my name is not Joyce...................my middle name is though...aaayyyaaa! NOW YOU MUST DIE FOR KNOWING THIS! :D

Lots. My wife let me play with my new computer after I finished my chores. I got to hang with my doggy-dog and eat lunch with my wife yesterday. That's a rarity in my line of work. Oh, and I finished a 5K in 20:23.

One thing did make me sad. I had a dream about Tikis last night. I found an old storeroom in my building that was full of them, but I had to wake up. What a disappointment!

My happy day was last week I'm just slow, I had a opportunity to hook up with Kingstiedye(Bullet) and Traveling Jones on their way to TO7 we had great fun & good times at the Bahooka! Hope to see both of them again soon!

Tiki Oasis made me happy.

It was da kine!

Muey fantantistico!!

Had a blast!!!

( will be happy next year during this time again too!)

Long Live Oasis!!

Long Live Tiki Central!!

R

Mario Paint does "Coldplay"
Mario Paint does "Mike Tyson"

there are more, but these made me giggle, the Mario paint game ruled! I used to make absurd songs with it when I was about 9! :lol:
EDIT:
WAY BETTER

This would be my life...if I were an Egg.

DON'T MAKE FUN OF MAH DREAMS!!!

[ Edited by: ravenne 2007-08-30 11:51 ]

J

It was actually last Sunday, but here goes ... spending a couple hours hanging out with Chongolio, Stuckie, Jungle Trader and Unga Bunga at Forbidden Island and the "after-party." I don't get to see these guys very often, especially since one of them lives half an ocean away now, but they're such fun, easy-going, sweet goofballs! Plus it's fun to watch the faces of my coworkers when they ask what I did over the weekend and I get to rattle off that list of names! My favorite response was "those are real people?!"

R

I TAKE BACK WHAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY!

THIS DID :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maury Povich as FLAVA FLAAAV! YEEEAAAA BOOO-I!!!

:lol:

I nearly died when I was this on tv today!

T
twitch posted on Sat, Sep 1, 2007 4:20 PM

Watching a Harold Lloyd flick from 1924 and finding this at a yard sale -

J

Meeting Doug Horne and Stacy at an art fair in San Jose and buying a limited print and some cards (with a nice bit of a TC discount). :D :D :D

http://www.spam.com/

( and I don't even have speakers on my system!!)

On 2007-09-04 22:22, RevBambooBen wrote:

Wow! Even a museum! Scary!!!!!!

K

On 2007-09-04 22:22, RevBambooBen wrote:

Hey BBooBen, you're right, it's great with or without speakers...thanks for the laugh!
Now I want to fry up some SPAM(no tequila)!
:drink:
K.

R

;O Cats. cuz dey funneh.

dat an im ty-erd Zz..

My Colonoscopy! I know what yer thinkin'..."this is something nobody could possibly be happy about". But, after dreading it all week (the procedure & the diagnosis), it's a relief to get it over with and walk out with a clean bill of health. The worst part of the whole thing was not being able to eat or drink (liquor) yesterday and then having to drink about a 1/2 gallon of this nasty tasting liquid that goes thru you like Drano thru a clogged drain. The only upside to this whole experience is they get you so f#cked up on painkillers and sedatives you leave there in a velvet fog (and I don't mean Mel Torme).

This past weekend, actually.

I've been shopping for a grill for a little while and had been leaning toward a Char-Griller Super Pro (Smokin' Pro without the added side box). Here's their comparison from the their website:

Well, when I saw this, I couldn't hold back. They blew the competition away onnacounta they had the only grill that came in a Hi Graphic - 4 Color 7.5 cubic ft Carton; and they weren't lyin'! Here it is!

The directions say two people are required to put it together. I had three, me, myself, and I. It took me six Mai Tais and a W&N WO with Ting to assemble it. The ash hod I got separately from another company.

After burning off the factory residue with a full load of natural hardwood charcoal, seasoning the cast iron grill plates, and smudging it with sage, I broke the grill in with hickory chip smoked Châteaubriand (± Filet Mignon with out the bacon and the toasted wafer) marinated in extra virgin olive oil, chianti, fresh basil and thyme with black pepper and sea salt; baked potato; roasted poblano pepper; green and yellow squash; corn on the cob; and roasted mango.

I'm gonna order the optional right side shelf online. They leave it off in hopes that you'll add their smoker side box instead. The main grill can be used as a smoker, but the side box is necessary if you really want to do it right.

They also have an accessory to turn the grill into a vehicle tow bar ornament (aka tailgate grill). It plugs right into the back of your SUV/truck towbar receptacle. I don't think I'll be getting that, but it looks like fun.

Anybody need a Hi Graphic - 4 Color 7.5 cubic ft Carton? I'm finished with mine.

Hmmph. Spelling.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2007-09-10 17:47 ]

This morning at the perfect time I heard from a very cool old friend. She had a Texas accent so thick I could barely understand her at times which made it all the better... it made my heart & soul happy, I laughed out loud when I hung up & I smiled all day. Today was a GREAT DAY!

I woke up in my own bed this morning. (I survived my trip to Ohio.) :)

Watching the The TakeOffs rip through an awesome set of surf tunes at the Sheraton in Poipu while watching a nice south swell keeping the surfers stoked as the sun set. Oh yeah and sea turtles, lot of them!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Grill tools end of season. Stamina Tool Set marked down to $9.99 and bought at BB&B with an expired L-and-T 20% off coupon for $7.99.

J

Receiving an amazing gift from the Big Island!
Let me just state for the record that Tiki Shark (aka: Brad Parker) rocks my world!!!

!Happy!Happy!Happy!

:D :D :D

J
john posted on Wed, Sep 19, 2007 12:37 AM

One ripe guava,
Two ripe mangoes,
Three ripe key limes, and
Four ripe passion fruits

..i refused to talk like a pirate today...and that makes me happy cuz' i think that whole concept of "talk like a pirate day" is lame.....yeesh!!

12 hours sleep.

On 2007-09-19 19:25, RevBambooBen wrote:

Okay. Now I'm happy too. Must run to the store now...

Mieko - Will this work in the musubi?

don't forget the avocado!

...or not!

50 Foot Masubi!!!!!

Aye Carumba!!

R

this clip made me happy!

made me laugh so hard! :lol:

edible Gummi Bears

"Goodness I taste DELICIOUS!" :lol:
i'll never look at gummi bears the same way...ever again

Today I am happy because Benzart helped me out with a project. He autographed my Limited Edition Mug Set AND then donated another set of the mugs (also autographed). Both pairs will be on ebay soon to raise money for the Humane Society.

Thanks Benz!

J

Tons of fabulous tiki stuff to buy at Forbidden Island! What didn't make me happy was the lack of $$$ left in my pocket at the end of the day. :(

R

I PASSED MY SUMMER QUARTER FINALS!!!

B+ in WEB ANIMATION! WOOO!! (that was my toughest one)

I am happy. Today is an awesome day! :D

New tools!

R

I'm so happy I got my Bandito print by THOR, from Chongolio's Ohana Raffle, in the mail! WEE!

It's soo....awesome! I already have it on my wall on display!

:D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies