Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

Going to a Thai restaurant and finding out that they serve Fog Cutters, Scorpions, Mai Tais etc.. in Tiki Mugs! Not overly priced either. This is a great thing in the now Tiki starved St. Louis area. So, I asked the waitress if I could buy the mug with the drink or just buy a mug. She told me that they weren't for sale. Then a few minutes later comes back to the table and gives me a mug! Sweet! Then, my sister and I went to a vintage clothing store down the street, picked up a couple of items and had a laugh with the lady running the store. She liked my sister and my Smothers Brotheresesque banter.

Cheers!
Scott

Attending two school promotion events for our boys. We have one headed to jr. high next year and one headed to high school. Our soon to be high school student topped off his last year in jr. high with the "President's Award for Educational Excellence." 8)

Congrates, Mrs. Bamboo!

Two things made me really happy today.
1- We are about to leave for the beach house for the weekend and will be going to the Muscle Beach car show.

2-I almost have all the details worked out for a tiki train trip with a group of other tikiphiles this fall.

YAY!

P
Pyro posted on Thu, Jun 18, 2009 10:23 PM

Bath time made me happy. (Not having a smelly, dirty dog is a good thing)

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Jul 4, 2009 7:27 PM

3 hours of the best waves I have had at my favourite spot all year with only a few others out, all people I know and like. We've been waiting 3 days for the swell to settle and this morning it turned on right as we paddled out. One of the guys lit a driftwood fire on the beach (it's the middle of winter here) and I could smell the woodsmoke from out the back. Went to the bakery on the way home and I had the exact money left in my wallet for my order. Some days everything just falls into place....

The fact that it's the Fourth of July, and I live in this great country.

My husband is home! Travelling install work never gets easier. WhoooooHooooo!

:D

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Jul 12, 2009 1:18 AM

More waves all weekend, this is easily the best winter in years! Scored a sweet vintage Hawaiian shirt yesterday and it was warm enough to wear it in the afternoon. I had one of these little fellas cruising about for about 15-20 minutes when I hit the water today, just circling me and swimming under my board. I have never seen one here in winter before, a good sign of how unseasonably warm it's been..."Endless Winter" please!

Edit:

Saturday... :)

[ Edited by: Paipo 2009-07-13 00:53 ]

surviving HELL!

Wow, Paipo. Shorebreak didn't look like that today in Huntington CA, but it is finally warm (64) and our dolphin put on a good show today. Bodysurfed all day with my boys (including Ben)

:D Very Happy Day!

Oh, and Ben and I took a 4 mile walk to the pier at 8:00 am....actually found an old school foam float.

Summer in California ROCKS!!!!!

Aloha!

Reading Mrs. Boo's post twice. Slowing myself down for a few minutes to remember and be thankful for how great it is to be a Mom. Taking this moment to reminisce about when my kids were younger and smile because It's still a great time to enjoy them both.

DUKE-E!!!!

totally...

Tiki Oasis 9 is finally HERE!! :)

I'm generally so damned happy I have no need to post in this thread. But...

Our weather is excellent:

(That's overcast/drizzly and 55 degress.)

And tonight over at Fishsticks' with Sparky and Cookie I got this:

And this:

And the radio doin this:

Then there's this tomorrow night:

And after all that? It keeps gettin better.

And then I die.

B
Brice posted on Fri, Aug 14, 2009 3:15 PM

Getting my Drivers License from the state of Hawaii! Only thing I could wish for was the name McLovin! That made me happy to be that much closer to this Island!

this made me happy friday,saturday,and sunday at Oasis...
Joe Nazal (TikiJoe'sPop's 3-year old boy)
not only telling stream-of-consciousness knock-knock jokes
but also his primo off-the-cuff
James Brown "jump back kiss myself" funkydance breakdance extravaganza!
awesome...he just goes with it!
i now Officially like ONE kid
and it's Joe
:)

R

On 2009-08-17 16:28, little lost tiki wrote:
and it's Joe

Joe is the cutest lil kid on the planet!
:lol: his knock-knock jokes kept getting funnier!
And he has the best dance moves ever!

and it's Joe

That had to have been the funniest thing I saw all weekend. Joey is hilarious..and his dad is one of the nicest guys I met at Oasis. Good times indeed.

Joey on the plane home from Oasis
He had suxh a good time he completely wore himself out.

WHAT MADE ME HAPPY LAST NIGHT?
Going to the neighborhood Italian restaurant
with the wife,Lennie,and Bill (4WD Tiki)
and then heading to the studio to chat art..
But the best part was...
Terrill popping by an hour later with Rocky Road
hershey's syrup
and whipped cream
for an Ice cream party at the studio!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
friends and ice cream..
and a cool wife who brings all the fixins over
including spoons and bowls!
Awesome life,this is.....

On 2009-08-17 17:11, Jason Wickedly wrote:

and it's Joe

That had to have been the funniest thing I saw all weekend. Joey is hilarious..and his dad is one of the nicest guys I met at Oasis. Good times indeed.

ALL THAT LOVE made ME happy today! Talk about your Oasis leftover! Thanks Ken & Jason - you guys are freakin fantastic dudes to hang out with. Jason & Dannelle, you were so welcoming and fun with your room party- a sea of smiles! & Ruzic- you're one in a trillion, man. Thanks too to sweet Ravenne for digging Joey & for your kind words & Dawn, my kick-ass boothmate and awesome traveler- thanks for taking that pic- totally sums up his "post-Oasis crash."

FEEL THE LOVE!?!?!

Cheers everybody~

Andy

and it's Joe

Lil Blue will be crushed! Spread some of that love around, Kinkin!

What made me happy today? I actually slept through the night, like a 4 month old baby! Anyone who does not suffer from insomnia has no idea how huge this is! :)

On 2009-08-26 12:32, Kiki von Tiki wrote:

and it's Joe

Lil Blue will be crushed! Spread some of that love around, Kinkin!

Chloe is a young LADY,not a kid.
and i got lots of love for the young ladies....

True, she is a young lady. I keep forgetting since I raised her from a pup.
More happiness today? Got all my cleaning done! Take that Mai Tai!

RR

Not having a hangover today from all the bad well rum I drank last night.

B

What made me happy yesterday: Well, my dog discovered an already-ravaged bunny nest and there were three infant bunnies; one was already dead, one was alive but kinda chewed up and the third, a very vocal little fellow, was in the best shape. I took the two living bunnies to a vet that holds them until a wildlife sanctuary group can pick them up. I hope they both survived!

peopleatwalmart.com

L

With the exception of a job that could only afford to pay me for 4 days I have been out of work for 310 days, applied at close to 700 places and been on dozens of interviews.

FINALLY today I was hired at a company that I know I will have long term employment at making great money working with great people at a great location right on the Bay with an amazing view of the Golden Gate bridge and surrounding waters

It is a dream job and the reason I moved to California in the first place 3 years ago.

Needless to say..I have never been this happy and plan on drinking this entire bottle of $4 champagne right now!

Great! I love drunken wenches! :o

Congrats, Leleliz!!!
Awesome news! Enjoy every drop of that $4 sparking wine!!! :lol: With that first check go out and get yourself a $15 bottle and go again! :wink:
I've been out of work just over a month - still feel like I'm on vacation. But I'm sure I will be jonesin' to get back to work soon enough. Or when the unemployement runs out . . .

L

Thanks BK and Kiki.

Yeah my 2nd renewal of unemployment runs out mid October but then I am eligible for 30 or 36 extra weeks from the government.

I cant believe it took me almost a year to find a job. Freakin craziness!

It's my birfday. 58 years old and getting older every second. Watching Dr. Strangelove and drinking tequila. It don't get much better than thaqt. Aloha bruddahs :)

Happy B-day Joey.
good to see you at Tiki Oasis.

Jeff(btd)

Mahalo. Right back atcha Jeff

well it was yesterday,
but, I saved a drowning pug.
guess that's my good deed for the year.

Jeff(btd)

Awesome Jeff!!!

Today is my 16th Wedding Anniversary. It makes me very happy knowing that Andy has put up with me for that many, plus a couple more, years.

P

Eating lunch "Doe" today @ the new "wild Ginger"restaurant in Bellevue, Washington.
I sat at the Satay bar and watched the 2 lovely, nimble tonged chefs dance out the orders, and when my time came, the Best chicken satay I've ever eaten, (and I've eaten alot!)I asked my waitperson to tell them how great it was, and she said "I don't speak their language"..
I waited untill they were looking my way, waved, pointed to my plate, gave them a thumbs up (hoping that their culture wouldn't take it as an insult), smiled and rubbed my tummy, and touched my fingers to my lips, bowing..they rewarded me with a big smile....a really happy moment!

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2009-09-27 22:48 ]

W

This:

You've come a long way, baby!

L

After only being at my new job for less than 3 months I was still paid a really nice Christmas bonus as well as the company gave every employee a nice bottle of wine.

Cash & Booze = extreme happiness

TK

new cd's. 5 dead kennedys, 2 clash, 1 sex pistols.

I am Happy for you leleliz,The wife is in the same boat, hope she gets lucky soon to, talo ka, I would be happy with those tunes also.

But I did get a new Doug Horne print "Monkey's night out" today, even though I don't have a blank space on the wall anywhere to hang it,
It just rocks, made me smile the moment I took it out of the shipping tube, it really is the little things that can make the difference!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-19 15:55 ]

TK

and i really happy my silly smilies will work here.

L

Bongo Bungalow (Jeff) and i had talked about doing a 1 mug for 1 mug trade. Even though his mug is going out this week I had forgotten about getting something in return until I came home today from work. Today at work sucked for many reasons and all I wanted to do was come home and cocoon away for the rest of the night. That is why when I spotted his package on the doorstep I was instantly brightened. Upon opening it he not only included the mug but also a bottle of Herradura Tequila!

Jeff thanks for making my day end on a happy note!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies