Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

EEEeeeehehehhehehehe... I bought them all!!!!!

TK

i got my 4 LLT design shirts.

Even though my landlord wants me out of the place I live, she offered me a smaller, cheaper place across town.

Moving next weekend.

B

right on Derek...

L

Today is my favorite "UnOfficial" holiday and since its also an Official work holiday I had it off so I could celebrate it fully.

I like to refer to it as :

1/2 Price-Day-After-Valentine's-Chocolate-Sale-Extravaganza

I think I bought enough candy to last me until my next favorite holiay:

1/2 Price-Day-After-Easter-Hollow-Chocolate-Bunny-Sale-Extravaganza

bliss

leleliz, that cracks me up good! hope you had a good day after Valentine's day! day!

Passion fruits at the verge of ripening. I'd be happier if they were $2 for the bunch rather than $2 each.

On 2008-01-12 06:10, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Staying up all night talking about tiki mugs with Trader Tom and Hiphipahula.

Plus, I got to hear the best Hanukkah story ever. :lol:

What makes me happy was knowing Tiki-Kate and I will never forget her.

On 2007-04-28 00:30, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I went to see Crowded House tonight, and in one of my more brazen moves, I ended up grabbing Neil Finn and giving him a little squeeze as he walked past me before the show.

I also got a fairly fabulous job offer earlier in the day. :D

Pretty damn good day.

TK

its friday, making 8 hrs of OT, wife and i are doing happy hour mai tais and sushi.

TM
J

Lucas, I'm surprised.

I would have figured you as pegging Steely Dan as "soulless overproduced corporate AOR jazz".

They started out good with "Can't Buy a Thrill" and then "Katy Lied" but I thought "Gaucho" sucked.

TM

On 2010-09-26 09:12, JOHN-O wrote:
Lucas, I'm surprised.

I would have figured you as pegging Steely Dan as "soulless overproduced corporate AOR jazz".

They started out good with "Can't Buy a Thrill" and then "Katy Lied" but I thought "Gaucho" sucked.

I have two things I like, John....real raw stuff, and real tight, pro stuff...I think it depends what mood I am in....but one thing trumps all, and that is good musicianship!
In this particular clip, Chuck Rainey really shines on the bass....and he IS one of my favorites!

L

three double les baxter cds in the mail... suh-wheat! has anyone ever heard the exotica version of Going Out of My Head?

TK

my crazy al rumgod mug arrived.

woofy's Name a Band post....

and i finally got my chest hair in the mail!

On 2010-09-26 09:26, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2010-09-26 09:12, JOHN-O wrote:
Lucas, I'm surprised.

I have two things I like, John....real raw stuff, and real tight, pro stuff...I think it depends what mood I am in....but one thing trumps all, and that is good musicianship!
In this particular clip, Chuck Rainey really shines on the bass....and he IS one of my favorites!

Ugh!! Feh!!
shoot me now.

you just lost all credibility in my book.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-09-27 17:08 ]

No conversation. Just what made you happy today.

L

Technically it was yesterday that ..

I sold enough at the parking lot sale to pay my rent - hooray!

Then today...

my unemployment renewed (thank god!)
my EBT food stamp card arrived(thank god and thank you free assistance)
my "most likely" new roommate was approved for their credit app

after the crap that came raining down on me last week the last 48 hours have made me VERY happy

L

What made me happy today???

Finding this book at the thrift store entitled "Dancing With Cats"...I leave you with a few photos (wish I had a scanner)...

You are all welcome !

HAHAHA...those are great pictures Liz!!!

What made me happy today was leaving work early and going to the DMV (which I normally hate) to close down a couple of issues that have been up in the air on licenses and registrations...the DMV's errors. Even though they wouldn't correct one of the issues, I got a guide on how to research to see how I can finish my business with someone I sold a vehicle to and is trying to scam me. I did get 2 other issues resolved. Anyway...some relief finally!! I still hate the DMV though. :lol:

TK

having an ankle strain/sprang instead of a broken ankle.

Having my house guest and their 2 dogs leave after a MONTH YEAAAAA!!!!! Im soo stinkin' happy to have my house back to myself and in order,

I hope the don't read Tiki Central! :lol:

After 2 weeks...they stop being guests and become residents. When it wasn't by your choice it is homesteading...LOL. Congrats Dawn...let me just say FABREEZE!!!

ChocoLatte Porter

Not a minute too soon.

HJ

Getting past the latest raft of self-excuses and getting big into final edit of second novel.

Sure wasn't the metro Chicago weather, which is as cold as a three-day-old polar bear turd.

TM

http://now.msn.com/jim-wolf-homeless-veteran-gets-makeover-in-viral-video

Sorry, I had to break out of my sociopathic role in life for just a moment to share this with all of you. How beautiful a thing to see dignity restored to a fellow human being......

Well I didn't cry, but that is cool.
Maybe I'm afraid somebody will do a makeover on me someday.

Jeff btd

Jeff, you want a make over? you got it! Faaaaabulous!

why epcot center rules.....check out the mid century furniture at 8:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFsd4xJKLEQ

TM

Andy kaufman continues to make me smile, even from beyond the grave!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=839044

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vOt8_T0mk

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2013-11-14 09:28 ]

TM
TM

A Utah couple showed the world just how much they love Disney by actually getting married on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. Tory Elegante has been a huge Disney fan since he was a child, and had always wanted to get married at Disneyland. His new wife, Nikki, had never been to the theme park until she met Tory, but now she enjoys it as much as he does, and agreed to his wedding plans. She said, "If I remember correctly, Pirates was the ride we rode over and over and over, so it makes sense that was the one we got married on."

Instead of planning their wedding at one of the usual spots at the Resort, the couple decided that it would be more special if they actually got married on the attraction itself. They didn't know if this was allowed, so they devised a seating chart for their family and friends and asked the Pirates ride operator for their own boat (each holds 18-24 people). Tory had a friend officiate the ceremony, which began two minutes and 30 seconds into the ride, just after the second drop. Tory said, "It kind of quiets down there in the cave a little bit and he gave a two minute ceremony and we exchanged rings on the boat. By the time we were to the big cannon ship battle, we were already married."

Instead of traditional wedding attire, Tory wore a tuxedo t-shirt and Nikki donned a t-shirt with Minnie Mouse on the front. The wedding was held on September 19 at 10:33 am, an homage to Club 33 next door. The couple celebrated with a meal at the restaurant later that night. For their honeymoon, they stayed to enjoy Disneyland for a few days with family, and then took off for Hawaii, followed by a few more days alone in Disneyland.

Tory's love of Disney is evident in all areas of his life - his children are named Ariel, Belle and Orlando; his car has Disney-themed personalized plates; and the house is decorated with attraction posters, a monorail and even hidden Mickeys stamped into the walls. He says, "It's pretty crazy. There should probably be a support group for me, I think."

That's just sad n bizarre.

Jeff btd

J

BTD... He says out loud what I'm thinking. :)

Now if they had consummated their marriage on POTC, that would be awesome !!

TM

On 2013-11-19 19:38, JOHN-O wrote:
BTD... He says out loud what I'm thinking. :)

Now if they had consummated their marriage on POTC, that would be awesome !!

Oh, shiver me soul. It's dead wore out, I be. Am I too fast these lot footed wenches be for the likes of an old swag-bellied pirate such as I? Now, where be that fascinatin' little old treasure? Ay? Heave to, maties! Say, have you set your eyes on a bewitchin' maiden in your travels? Oh, she be a lively lassie she were! Oh, I tell you true, it's sore I be to hoist me colors on the likes of that shy little wench. Favor, keep a weather eye open maties. I be willing to share, I be! .

I got a new bike & working out!

TM

Suuuhweeeet!

TM
TM

and the singer in that previous vid, Bonnie Bowden....

still hot after all these years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g932j41cGnU

TM

And here they are with all 4 singers, including the aforementioned Bonnie Bowden, and with the beautiful Gracinha Leporace added....too bad the album this song was taken from was never released on CD..it's one of Sergio's better albums actually...filled with samba.....I have it on vinyl, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vQjvrpiN0M

MadDogMike getting hitched!

That makes me happy too! Congratulations & Best Wishes!!!!

TM
TM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves

hi ho silver, away!!!!!!

TM

http://screen.yahoo.com/will-forte-snl-skits/band-reunion-wedding-000000060.html

This one is too funny! Of course, I was in a band somewhat like this with a guy named Jim Davis and another guy named Wild Bill....our gigs were very similar, with lots of broken glass and fist fights....that was 30 years ago.

Saw that when it aired & it is pretty accurate too!
many old friends are doing reunion gigs with the old punk bands
yet they have grown up kids, Have become Lawyers, Contractors Business people etc.
We don't Slamdance so much these days, though.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies