Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

I'm almost done with my second book tech editing project for O'Reilly!

TM

Today was a bad day for me...had teeth yanked, implants put in, whole head feels like someone's punching bag......then, I saw a picture of Inez Saenz.....and all is well again!

TM
TM

Painkillers.

A word to the wise: If you ever have persistent back pain, don't ignore it thinking it doesn't matter. :(

Hope you are feeling better Lucas.

I am happy because I just entered a weight loss program (for the 100th time) but feeling good vibes this time. Bring on the challenge!!!

Edit-Forgot to say...Cammo, those succulents are beautiful...when can you come over and do my yard!!!

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2014-03-14 20:58 ]

TM

Thanks, Vamp...I am.

And good luck on your quest! I am trying to lose some weight right now too...helps that I can't really chew anything....

meanwhile, there is always Robert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwCHFaarTjY

T

Found on eBay, Not my auction.

Questions and answers about this item
Q: Hi If you do not happen to sell this tiki light I would like to offer you $100. for it. if you would find my offer to be fair I would buy it right away.
A: Ordinarily, I wouldn't even respond to such a lowball offer but you caught me on a good day. I would set it on fire and drive over it with my car before accepting your $100.
Apr 11, 2014
seller gergmage(327)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lighted-Moai-Tiki-Lamp-/181373941875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3abab873
gergmage

Thought this was very funny!!
Maybe Tiki David is not dead after all.
Plus It would cost close to $100.00 to ship the dam thing.

Since when is a 10 year old light considered Vintage? just saying.

T

On 2014-04-13 03:34, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Since when is a 10 year old light considered Vintage? just saying.

Ha that's true!
I got two of these guys but then mine are like three foot tall these are only 20 inches.
Loaned mine to an event here for décor and it broke after taking it down after event, more
like it exploded when it tipped over.
No good deed they say.

Yeah it is a funny story. I donated a few things to the AVGN a couple years ago. He was making a movie about that as a plot. Idk if the movie ever came out. Everyone who knows the full story knows that Atari thinks that the contents of the landfill are worthless. They say that they trashed the games before dumping them. There is no gold at the end of that rainbow. :wink:

Very cool article though. It makes me happy too. Thanks for sharing! I hope that the stories are wrong and ET will rise again.

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2014-04-27 01:04 ]

Unga Bunga's post in the Rufus thread,
Of Rufas asking the lady to just shoot him.

Jeff btd

Reading Disneyland's Original Prospectus:

http://boingboing.net/2014/05/20/disneylandprospectus.html

A great article on Home Tiki Bars

http://punchdrink.com/articles/inside-las-tiki-underground/

The bathroom door serves as something of a sign-in sheet, the white paint covered with Sharpied notes and drawings that say things like, “Coco is loco for Kirby’s Rumpus Room” and “Thanks for the memories! —Tiki Dean.”

I'm not sure this made me happy, but it did make me laugh:

I'm sure it's a misplaced decimal point...or I'm pretty sure. If it were me, I'd include free shipping :wink:

J

Methinks this thread needs a revival.

What made me happy today? Waking up to temps in the high 60s after mostly 20s and 30s last week, and snow the week before. Time to drop the top on the convertible!

T

"What made me happy today? Waking up to temps in the high 60s"

I will second that!
26 DAYS of below normal degree days, like 20 or more degrees below normal.
Broke many low temp records this year.
Ohio BLOWS!

Where the F#$K is all that Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming?
I was so looking forward to it.

A day at Disneyland with my Daughter, we haven't gone together in years! It was fun!!

Passed my 6th Kyu demo/test (don't mess with me - I'm the lowest possible rank!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies