Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Made You Happy Today! pg.35

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies

P
Pyro posted on Mon, May 28, 2007 8:10 PM

Finished reupholstering my couch, wallpapering my bathroom, and bought supplies to build the new tiki bar.

oh, and managed to remember everyone's names at my in-laws barbecue.

and I would just like to add, that something is f@#ed up when I use the spell check option on tikicentral and it tells me that "tiki" is a misspelling.

Got 4 30x30 canvases and a 36x48 canvas ON SALE this weekend at the Art Supply Warehouse! just lookin at 'em is making me smile! :)

J

On 2007-05-29 21:34, little lost tiki wrote:
Got 4 30x30 canvases and a 36x48 canvas ON SALE this weekend at the Art Supply Warehouse! just lookin at 'em is making me smile! :)

You got those on Sunday!!! Why are they still blank!?!? Did the machine's batteries die over the long weekend? :wink:

This guy winked at me and told me a very funny story about a pig:

After a substantially crappy week...finding the mug Hiphipahula sent me waiting for me at the post office...

That and all the really cool vintage models, cap guns,diecast and plastic hotrods and cars, Marx playset, cap guns and holsters and other toys I bought from an older couple on craigslist!

Really, it has been a crappy week and I will be glad when it is over!

Thanks Kelly for the mug...it made my day today:)

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am, is it Friday yet)?

J

Making my point ... and having the facts and figures to back it up! So there!

:blush:

J

Oh, and a co-worker gave me a $10 Starbucks card just for being so fabulous! :D
That's at least 2.5 Hazelnut Mochas!

Finding this Burke Tyree velvet painting from the now defunct Zombie Hut today at an estate sale:

Happy! You bet I am.

PTD

J

The new Carl's Jr Teriyaki Burger with Dole Pineapple.

Finguring out exactly how yummy a drink you can make with Bourbon and strawberries....

So far so good!

Getting this belt buckle in the post and it being much nicer in the flesh and the top don't dig into my belly like my other buckles..

boring day..... I won Crazy Al's DVA Gallery's Anniversary Mug " My Favorite Martian Hut" yawn...

ARE YOU KIDDING! I AM HAPPY TODAY! :)

J

On 2007-06-07 17:14, Hiphipahula wrote:
boring day..... I won Crazy Al's DVA Gallery's Anniversary Mug " My Favorite Martian Hut" yawn...

ARE YOU KIDDING! I AM HAPPY TODAY! :)  

And how does Mr. Hula feel about the acquisition? :wink: :lol:

Shhhhhhhh..... be verwe,verwe quite...

oh! I started my diet today & didn't cheat! now for day 2

On 2007-06-08 01:00, Hiphipahula wrote:
oh! I started my diet today & didn't cheat! now for day 2

Good for you! That makes me happy. :)

C

Going surfin' at 7:00 AM and needing no wetsuit. Life is good!

D
  1. late night, nearly incoherent, drunk shout. and 2. late night drunk dialing 'i love you man'
T

On 2007-06-09 18:34, dogbytes wrote:

1. late night, nearly incoherent, drunk shout. and 2. late night drunk dialing 'i love you man'

I couldn't stop smiling about that same thing. ALL DAY. That was great!

OK, technically this was Friday but I'm still happy about it...

My nephew, graduated High School!

For those who don't know, we nearly lost him. He moved in with me for a year, made up a lot of missed days and ended up graduating with a 3.2 after nearly failing. He is now healthy, focused and back on track. I'd like to take credit for it, but he did it all on his own. He since moved back home. His friends from his old school surprised him with a huge bed sheet in which they had spray painted "Matt (his last name) is Immortal!" in Kiss-style letters and hung over the fence at the school. (I'd post the pictures, but since they are minors and I don't have their permission I chose not to.) They also made cheesy poster board signs in marker and glitter, like people do on American Idol, so when they called his name they all started screaming and blowing horns and waving their signs. It was awesome, there were around 20 of them. He was bright red and beaming. Everyone came over to the house later and had a great time. It was the perfect day.

I love your perfect day~

I SURVIVED an afternoon/night out with SoccerTiki and Bong!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

B.B.B. (Bring Bong Back!!!)

tramadol, after a bike accident.

J

Finally training the replacement for my old job (same company, different department) so I can go back to doing just one job after 6 months of doing two jobs, in two departments, in two different buildings, for just one paycheck!

P
Pyro posted on Mon, Jun 11, 2007 4:39 PM

finished wallpapering the RV and my father in law felt good enough to work on his boat (first time I've seen him feeling this good since he started chemo/radiation)

I try to be a nice person. I think about it and make conscious decisions to be nice. My wife and I were going to the store. I was driving and where the road crosses the bike path by the canal there were 2 people on bikes waiting to cross the road. I stopped and waited to let them cross. Then I headed up to the intersection. A car came speeding around the curve at the intersection and slid into my lane. The maniac driver got control and passed me. If I hadn't stopped to let the people on the bikes cross I would have been a minute or two closer to the intersection and I would have been hit. Is that karma or what? That made me happy. Also, I got my first friend on MySpace today.

Eating Weinerschnitzel (sp?) Chili Cheese dogs.
:)
its the little things in life sometimes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

MT

Going to Mr. Smiley and Inky Louise-Smiley's wedding in Las Vegas over the weekend. Viva Las Vegas Baby, yeah!

Back in May Tornhalo wrote in this forum on this very thread that what had made him happy was "Eating breakfast with a topless girlfriend at noon." I have to tell you that after reading that I had some pictures in my mind. I said to myself that sounds like fun. So, I've been pestering my wife and she finally agreed to indulge me. Well, let me tell you it was a disaster and the whole thing backfired on me. My wife is furious. They kicked us out of Denny's and we are banned for life.

khan tiki mon
:lol: I heard Norm's is a bit more liberal with their dress codes...

What made me Happy today?
Seeing all the TC Ohana risin up and giving Chongolio a little lift,
either by donating pieces or buying some of the tickets for his raffle!
So much LOVE! :) and that's why I'm Happy today! If you wanna
learn more about Chongolio's Ohana Hut Raffle go to...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=24550&forum=12&start=0

Knowing that tikicleen and the drunken hat were able to purchase the Islander tiki from the robbers that hijacked said tiki from Pollardville before the auction.

PTD

MT

Hearing that they were able to get that tiki indeed made me happy. Hope that the people that snaked it out from under them didn't try to fleece them too much for it.

Last Friday I raced to the hospital because they had taken my Dad off the ventilator and he was expected to die within minutes. He kept breathing. He's expected to go home Monday.

For those of you who still smoke, I'll give you an extremely brief horror story: Dad lost part of two lungs and had his esophagus removed. His tissue is so damaged from radiation, he has out-of-control scarring in his chest. He literally made medical history in the past year having FIFTY follow-up surgeries from his esophagectomy. Pneumonias, infections, an inoperable hole in his throat, feeding tube. But hey who am I to tell you how live your life. Smoke up!

Anyway, my dad is still with us and that made me happy today.

K
Kenike posted on Sat, Jul 7, 2007 9:45 AM

For my birthday gift I got a certificate good for "free time to explore the tiki scene" during our upcoming family vacation to San Diego.

J

Martiki said that Forbidden Island will probably have a float in the Alameda Fourth of July Parade next year!!! Yay!!! That damned parade wakes me up every year as it passes a block from my home, so since I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em!
Happy :D Happy :D Happy

T

On 2007-07-05 06:33, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Knowing that tikicleen and the drunken hat were able to purchase the Islander tiki from the robbers that hijacked said tiki from Pollardville before the auction.

This made me very happy. :) :) :)

New Crowded House CD. :D

I pulled into a metered parking spot that had 2 hours left on it.

J

On 2007-07-11 19:47, Bora Boris wrote:
I pulled into a metered parking spot that had 2 hours left on it.

Saweet!

My nephew's steer placed 2nd in his class at the Fair Today. Plus there is nothing funnier to me than grown men fussing over cattle with blow dryers and hairspray. "Best In Show" with cows. Good fun!

MT

Pizza!

Ice Cream!

Odysseus!

Mixology!

Puppies!!!

All in all, a pretty damn good day!

The first look at the tiki Jungle Trader carved for me!

I can't wait to get this home and in place!

PTD

J

Sitting on the lush outdoor patio at Forbidden Island, sipping a Saturn, and Listening to Pablus sing the song he wrote about Forbidden Island.

Oh, and the lovely tropical flower hair ornament that Suzanne, The Diva Pinup, made for my Big Ol' Tiki Bash outfit! Thanks, Suzanne!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-07-18 23:15 ]

Finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows without anyone spoiling the ending for me.

T

Getting a very special, one of a kind, Tumbuna by Ocea Otica! Yay!

Tikisgrl

A truck delivering a 200 ton diesel engine at 1:00AM to the shipyard where I work lost the load, smashing three cars, the sidewalk and water main at the entrance, thus closing the yard for the day. I went back to sleep and didn't wake up 'till 11:00.

TB

On 2007-07-26 18:39, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
A truck delivering a 200 ton diesel engine at 1:00AM to the shipyard where I work lost the load, smashing three cars, the sidewalk and water main at the entrance, thus closing the yard for the day. I went back to sleep and didn't wake up 'till 11:00.

any pics?

TBird.

Two things:

1. Finding an awesome new hiking trail, hiking last weekend, and reminiscing today as to how beautiful it was; and,
  2. How beautiful the full moon is tonight.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 643 replies