Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

One-Of-A-Kind Decanters at DvA Gallery

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies

D
DaTiki posted on Thu, Mar 8, 2007 1:58 PM

Yes it's that time of year again! DvA Gallery is celebrating it's 3rd Anniversary Saturday, June 23rd from 4-11pm and we are celebrating with another tiki party and show! We have yet another great line-up of artist and some new one-of-a-kind collectable decanters by our friends at Tiki Farm which are going to be hand painted by your favorite artists such as Squid, Flounder, Thor, Kirsten Easthope, Tiki Tony, Sam Gambino, Moritz R., Mitch O’Connell, Drew Brophy,Derek Yaniger and Alan Forbes to name a few. YES- there will be a preview here on Tiki Central and will also do some presales. To make it fair for everyone, I will not hold or save any decanters. Once they are placed for sale on Tiki Central, it will be first come first served so keep checking back!

Got the E-mail from Holden and already started the sketchbook studies for this one! With the smoother surface of the rocketship,this one should be a breeze! Thanks David,for sponsoring such cool projects!!!!
Here's what I'm planning on cooking up....

Squid,THOR.Flounder,Kirsten,Sam,TikiTony,Mitch,Derek, Drew, and all you other artists....
let's see some of your takes on this Mahvelous Project! :)
It'll give us all something to do before the finished decanters are displayed!
Hi Ho!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-03-08 14:53 ]

That's a fine looking pocket rocket Ken, I like the skull tip.

...and don't be gettin no crazy ideas about you and me because of my comment!

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Mar 9, 2007 9:12 AM

Ken, you almost need a seven foot rocket. Some much detail. Love these DvA art shows.

S
squid posted on Fri, Mar 9, 2007 4:33 PM

WOW! Ruzic fell for it!!! Dave knew that Ken wouldn't be able to contain himself and would spill the beans about his own project!

Now we can all steal his designs. MWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

P
pdrake posted on Fri, Mar 9, 2007 4:52 PM

here's squid's entry.

*runs away . . .

[ Edited by: pdrake 2007-03-09 16:53 ]

LOL!
I knew Dave would steal that other design! He asked to "borrow" it.....
Let's see some more Rocketships! :)

S
squid posted on Sat, Mar 10, 2007 4:03 PM

Oh thanks pdrake....give all my good design ideas away....bastard. Just for that I'm showing yours.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 10, 2007 4:58 PM

Cool - cant wait to see these designs :)

I was wondering how one gets invited to these things?

It appears as though drugs and sex and space travel are involved.

Whats next? Adult Diapers and kidnappings?

Sounds like fun, Except the diapers and kidnapping part.

I'm dyin ova here.... asstroglide...LOL. You all are buck wild. Luv it. fBalls

LOL.

Astroglide! That's funny stuff.

Wait a minute! How dare you belittle my decanter!

Nah, that was some funny shit.

is this an invite only type event or can any bum off the street (like myself) show up to look at the amazingments?

D

Anyone and everyone is more than welcome. No enterance fee or charge.The only stipulation is that you bring at least 20 of your friends.

the last 2 have been a blast, we'll have a 2 month old by then, but we may bring her up...never can start too early with the tiki..lol

D

We're expecting our first at the end of May so we might win for the youngest. Never too early to introduce to the tiki. Now I just have to find some hawaiian print clothes that come in a 1 month old size!

S

On 2007-03-19 09:17, FLOUNDERart wrote:
LOL.

Astroglide! That's funny stuff.

Wait a minute! How dare you belittle my decanter!

Nah, that was some funny shit.

Hey Scott!!
You know I'm just looking out for your best interest. I can't just sculpt this stuff without thinking of other uses or it. I want you to cash in my man!!! Ask pdrake if he can fit a large model rocketry engine in one of those bad boys. Maybe he can do a demo at the DVA gallery show...

D

Dave, what were you thinking? Never mind I really do not want to know.

Alrighty Kiddies!
I know a lot of you artists are (Hopefully) working on your Decanters for the Big
DvA Gallery Tiki Anniversary Show....so let's see 'em! If you haven't started on it
yet-what's the problem? Lazy plus Art =Hurried and Rushed Decanters! We don't
want that! The folks here wanna see the GOODS! So start posting 'em! HERE! NOW!
Anyways....Here's a few shots of the one I'm sending over there!

I posted some detail/up-close shots on my Art thread...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=585&594
Now let's see some more!

oh precious jeebus, i cant wait to see them all lined up. it will be what nasa should have been.

C

Wahines and Kanes I present for your gawkin' pleasure...The Forgotten Rocketeer

Front View

Close-up Front

Side shot

SSSSnake

The back side

Watch out for spiders

Rocket roots

I thank you for lookin' If you would like to see progress shots, blink on over to My Thread in Creating Tiki

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: chongolio 2007-05-08 20:05 ]

YAY!
Chongo got his done in Record Time! Lickety Split!
Looks great Randy! I love the cobwebs around his head,and the snake!.
The vines really pop out! I can see the Ceramcoat in the background! :)
It was fun to get an opportunity to watch you paint this in CHONGOVISION!
We're gonna miss you,bruthah!

S
squid posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 9:35 PM

It's a beauty Chongo! You done us proud...

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 12:19 AM

Hey Chongo, that looks great. Thanks for posting pics of the decanter without a busy-assed tapa mushroom-induced background that distracts from the color and detail in the decanter like LLT did with his decanter.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-05-09 00:42 ]

I just got a Decanter for painting. I had is on my list of things to do and was still working up to making the call when a one magically showed up at my house yesterday morning!! Thank You Dogbytes for being my artist rep.
I will commence painting in the next day or so, Dawn

K

Chongo, That looks great. It was awesome watching you paint on chongovision last week. Turned out really good. Hey it doesn't look like a pickel at all.

YAY!
Dawn is in the HIZZ-AY!
Thanks DB for pushing that along!
Now get that thing all purdied up, Dawn!
With just two decanters painted by males up here
we needed a woman's spin on these magical bisques!
Make us proud,and don't forget to post Progress Pics!
Hopefully, this will motivate Squid to paint his....
Man! I could paint 4 decanters before he starts his...
Whatta Slowpoke!

Ok, This morning Dogbytes and I met up at a really great estate sale, I scored on a set of really beautiful walnut danish modern end tables. They look perfect in my house. ANNNNNNY WAAAY, the point is we, went for breakfast afterwards and I totally worked out my decanter plan, EEEEEEEEE!!!!, Im excited, I think its going to be cool. Dawn

D

Today I received these two amazing decanters by Mr. G. and Derek Yaniger!

Mr. G.

Derek Yaniger

those are way cool. if they're for sale, i want'em.

...not so fast!!! i kinda like em' too!...besides, you haven't see my decanter yet.........it's gonna knock you right outta your shit shoes!!

yo, tipsy..shoot some pix. Im thinkin I may need one of your one of a kind pieces...I dug the samurai you made last year.. Maholla Back. fBalls

Whats the deal,?? are these for sale as yet? or are they saved already??

..if i am not mistaken, i believe they go on sale about the first week prior to the opening here for t.c.members.....at least i think that's how it was done last year...

Here's my decanter for the DvA Gala Tiki show complete with planets, satellites, galaxies and comets. I dug out all of my space age LPs for inspiration. Thanks for looking!

http://www.samgambino.com

K

Sam:
Thats one rockin' space rocket!!

D

Aloha everyone! Sorry to keep everyone waiting but things have been nuts around here with the new baby and trying to get ready for the tiki show. It will definitely be a blast! I've been getting tons of emails and questions about this years One-Of-A-Kinds and to make it fair for everyone, this is how we're gonna play:

Every couple days starting in June, I'm gonna post a new decanter for sale right here on this link and the first person to email me saying they want to buy the piece, gets it. I will email you back to confirm you have won the item. Once I email you, payment must be made within 48 hours! No holdsies! Also, once you have won at least 2 decanters, you CAN NOT win/buy another one until the date of the show! That way everyone has a shot. The day of the show, the remaining ones will be available on the DvA Gallery website and you can buy as many as you want.

The decanters will be placed here at random and no one will know when or who's is gonna be placed next so keep checking back. I don't know when I'm gonna get a piece from any particular artist so I don't want to post it if I don't have it in hand and don't have the selling price.

I hope no one is too upset by this, just want to make it as fair as possible. Here is a list of the artists included so you can look out for your favorites.

Alan Forbes
Scott Scheidly
Thor
Kirsten Easthope
Tony Murphy (Tiki Tony)
Sam Gambino
Rick Rietveld
Moritz Reichelt
Mitch O’Connell
Ken Ruzic
Dave Krys
Drew
David van Alphen
Derek Yaniger
Johnny Crap Design
Gabe Lanza
Mr. G
Mark Pilon
Von Franco
Joe & Donella Vitale
Dave Burke
Makoto
Chongolio
Jetwrench
Sophista-tiki

If anyone has any questions, concerns or inquiries, just shoot me a personal message and I'll get back to you. Again, thanks everyone here on TC for the support and I'll see you June 23rd!

[ Edited by: DaTiki 2007-06-01 08:26 ]

[ Edited by: datiki 2007-06-01 15:04 ]

I sent my decanter off to Chicago a couple of days ago, so it should be arriving shortly, but I did not see my name on the list. Hope I did everything I was supposed to do. Dawn
PS When they all get to the gallery a group shot would make a cool post card!

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2007-06-01 10:09 ]

..mine will be arriving in the 11th hour....i'll probably have to hang it out the window of the car so the paint dries by the time i get to the gallery to drop it off.....sorry...got too much on my plate tryin to finish the pitcairn chair and signs for the show....but i'll get it done!!

BB

The five decanters I've seen so far are um... Out of this World! :roll:

I can't wait to see the other 21. I agree with Sophista-tiki that a Postcard would be cool or a Postcard Set or a set of Lip Balms, In time for Xmas?

That would be the best.

K

I really can't wait to see the ones by Thor and MOC.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2007 2:42 PM

I can't wait to see Scott "Flounder" Scheidly and TikitOnys, (although he must be going by a different name or just not on the above list) work in person.

F

Now I want my own rocket ship decanter to paint. Those things are all great. I can't wait to see more of them.

D
DaTiki posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2007 3:09 PM

Lucky for you Frostiki, during my DaTiki's Challenge this year, one of the prizes is going to be a "paint-it-yourself" blank decanter. Same as last year, I will post a question here every day for a week and the first person to email me the correct answer will win the prize of the day. It will start the week prior to the show. I got lots of goodies to give away! Cheers,
DvA

On 2007-06-01 15:09, DaTiki wrote:
I will post a question here every day for a week and the first person to email me the correct answer will win the prize of the day.
DvA

Last year, DaTiki made the Gala Anniversary Tiki Party on TC the next best thing to attending the Chicago show! :D

Good games, prizes and top notch tiki artist pieces... sooo everybody better hone your tiki trivia and mug Id?

:o C'mon get da purse strings loose an join the DvA Tiki Anniversary Par-Tay FRENZY!!! :o

Mahaloz for da GOOD TIMES DvA!
Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

D

FOR SALE!!!

Good morning Tiki fans! We're gonna start off the show with a hell of a piece by Sam Gambino. Obviously one of my favorite pieces. I just don't feel right keeping it all for myself. Especially at such a great price! Sam made me a nice sign also so I'm keeping that one for myself. Here it is! Price is $395 and includes shipping and handling. Again, all the mugs will be on display for the show and they will be shipped out July 15th. Good Luck!

D

Congrats to Kingstiedye on getting the Sam G. mug. Won it by 2 minutes!

I really like the look of these decanters, very cool!

Pages: 1 2 3 115 replies