Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

ANOTHER New England Gathering (New Tiki-4/14)

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

THAT, is the best news I've heard all day!

S

I think you're supposed to sacrifice a Mai Tai to appease the snow gods.

I say "Let it snow" in that case. :)

B

Does the slow sacrifice of my liver count for any weather good will?

T

We have our weather window confirmed for Saturday only... Sunday's looking grim... Better be sure to have an extra Mai Tai to insulate us through yet another late season storm!

Tikisgrl

Drive safely. If we're lucky, the "global warming" won't hit until tomorrow!

J

I offered up a hurricane as sacrifice last night. It looks like it may have helped. :) See you all soon!!!

HC

just the beastly Hula Cat on his way....my beautiful Tiki Cat is freaking with taxes and bad computers ! ....I'm off ! (yeah some of you already know this!)

Well it was a fun night! Drinking, eating, dancing & a little saxophone. And we all got a menu to take home and a nice vintage mug for Pappy. Thanks to New Tiki, Brian, for a wonderful evening!

No names on the pictures sorry, you all know who you are!

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2007-04-14 22:44 ]

I'm really drunk.

Oh my Gawd! That was fun!

I'm SO sorry I was late! (gig)

New Tiki, Thank you so much for the hospitality! Everything was great!

I'm so sorry I missed a bunch of you!

Kate and I had a blast! And as I said, I'm still drunk, but I live pretty close by.

I'm eating cold crab rangoon.

S

I most certainly had a most excellent time! Many thanks to Brian for the hospitality, free menus, and Papy's score on the mug. Sweet!

And thanks to all for one heckuva good time.

T

Thanks everyone for a great time! Wish we could have stayed longer, but it was a fur piece for us to drive. Here are a few more pics:

And here's one of our wonderful host Brian, enforcing the 10 drink minimum:

wow guys, it looks like you people had a blast! Nice saxophone!!!!

Thanks again for a great time everyone!
Sorry we had to leave before Granite and Kate got there. :(

Now we gotta get Brian to tikify the dining room and get some more cool mugs. :)

..sbim

HC

a staggerling good time...as I suspected it would be!.....much aloha spirit ,the band was fun,food was fine, chatter was happy,and seniors were treated with tolerance. .......I loved meeting you all in person (now i can put faces with names)and seeing some of you again ......thanks Brian for going the extra to make us welcome.......your waitstaff and bartenders were tops! ... then dragged myself home just before the storm....I am so looking forward to having the "mini Kahiki" rocking with your energy! .....dancing EVEN! .....the only regret was that I didn't have a huge round table so I could have visited with you all more...back to sleep till the sox game! Mahalo ! !

[ Edited by: Hula Cat 2009-08-18 09:47 ]

J

Man that was one sweet time last night. Thank you all for coming. I'll have some pics ready for posting tomorrow night. I have some choice selections on the memory stick that I think you'll love :)

Brian many thanks for the great time and especially thank you for resurrecting the Tiki Lau (with actual Tikis too!). The food and drinks were great making it well worth the trip for us. And having some Denny on the jukebox was just an added bonus. I don't think we'll ever see that anywhere else in this part of the country.

J

My pics are now up. You can check them out here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TikiJohnMan/200704AprNewTikiTrip

Enjoy!

Great pics! But I'm still bitter, you guys took that group photo while I was on stage playing sax with the band! Where's the love?!?!?! :)

I got there late but I caught up, drinking 4 mai-tais within an hour or so of getting there!

Man that was fun!

Looks like a great night was had by all at the New Tiki.
Looking at the photos makes me wish I had been able to attend
and to meet all of you.
Unfortunatly, a dear friend passed away this week and after
a wake and a funeral on Saturday I wasn't up for an evening of festivities.
Next time...

SOrry to hear about your loss Raps. We'll catch ya at the next one.

I think pretty much everyone had a great time. Some of us, a little tooo great.

Oh, and somebody else volunteer to be the drunken dumb-ass at our next meeting ok? I'm getting too old for it. Its monday and I STILL feel kinda funky.

Anyway, great to see everyone, food & drinks were excellent, and Brian's done a great job with the New Tiki.

I think it'll have to become a regular stop for us!

S

On 2007-04-16 10:42, Bargoyle wrote:
I think it'll have to become a regular stop for us!

The New Tiki is a perfect stop for the Great Tiki Tour in September(ish).

Both ways. :)

Some pics from Sat.

If it's white bread, it must be Massachusetts.

Hula Cat telling Tikisgrl something fascinating.

Leah, Missy, Bargoyle, Johnman, Rain y Layla

Granite and Kate

Group photo (but some of our favorite people aren't here)

ok ok! sorry we had to leave early!
sheesh.

HC

as you can see there's a Tiki alien exploding from my head !......THAT'S how much FUN it was !

NT

Nice to hear you all had a good time & got home safely ... not that I doubted that an un-named party could find Tolland CT at 3 a.m., after 12 Mai Tais. :)

Come on back again, it was great having you all !

LOL(hysterically)

Pages: 1 2 72 replies