Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 318 replies

Lookin good so far Kevvy! That face is soooooo powerful and the greens are KEWLIO! Sorry you been so Busy! I've found that ,compared to creating art,that Sleep is overated! Cut that out of your schedule and you'll be banging out pieces like nuthin!

These last few are simple, but that makes them all the more cool! Fun pieces too I bet. Diggin' the colors....

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2007-10-23 20:27 ]

Cool new teekee treats! I like the wrath of the gods and testing the godz together as some sort of a series!

Thanks guys! I'm trying to stay in the loop while my "real world" pursuits are demanding most of my attention! I'm still lurking though! Thanks again

Kevin?
Keeeeeeeeeeeevin!
did you keel over?
did you take a vow of creative chastity?
Why you holdin out on dat good art stuff?

Thanks for the concern, LLT! Well I've been firmly planted in Squaresville trying to make a living as of late! As a matter of fact, I've been SO square I'm actually Cube! ("You're so square, you're cube!" is a registered trademark of the Tacky Tiki! JK but not a bad idea!) Here's an example of the "squareness" in action!

http://www.KevinG4RE.com

I'm sure I'll have another creative eruption....just not sure when it will hit....I never do! But....it WILL happen!

Please return to Tiki Kev!
I can't bear seeing you in that monkeysuit!
Too Creepy! :lol:

Hang tough Art Brother!
We'll be waiting for you with a fresh MaiTai!

Thanks LLT! You and me alike! I think that's the first AND last time I wore it so don't worry! Here's how I'd prefer you to picture me!

I'll be back....I feel a creative eruption brewing........that's how I've always worked....stay tuned!

YAY! :)

My apologies for not submitting anything lately.......I've been busy trying to just stay afloat so I haven't had a good creative stretch... I did, however, have a mini burst last night that will lead to good things, I promise!

"The Desperate Search"

sketches

a little color added

more color

lookin' good....

Hooray!
kevin's back!
Is this one gonna have water around him?
Thanks for sharing the sketches....It's cool to see you working out the basic lighting ideas on papel!
Welcome back! I wanna see a lotta art outta you in 08!

Love it! Your tikis have such life to em! And I really dig the background on this one!

Hypnotique
Thank you MHH,LLT and TSA! My apologies for not being as productive lately, but I am in the midst of a new art surge so let's see where these go! I am going more minimal and stylized for the backgrounds in these new ones, I'm glad you like! I've noticed that, since I've been using the new tikicentral upload link, my images have been a little low rez looking. I think I'll go back to my original uploading method. Maybe it's just me!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-12-31 10:03 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-12-31 17:52 ]

Great looking new tiki, the tube mouth reminds me of Hopi Kachinas and the eyes remind me of gold foil covered chocolate coins! I like the subtle background too.

A new piece from the mysterious mind of Kevin G.
I love Malibu lighting and I love Mary Blair

One of my many vintage menu fantasies...

The Magma Room
New Fantasy Menu Piece by Kevin G.

The Rincon Room
Inspired by Bongofury's latest pics of the Rincon Room
I hope to have this piece refined and ready to present at the Endless Summer shindig!

Oh Man!!!!! all your pics are ticklin' me eyes. Really knock out, jaw droppin color candy. The Rincon Room piece is beyond awesome! Bongofury is a lucky dude

Keep up the keepin up.

Surrealistic giant clams.
You should put that on velvet SP.
Cool new logo Bongo.
Rincon!

Thanks, gents! Contrary to popular opinion, you guys are top shelf! Haha! Aw, just kidding you knuckleheads!

NICE! The Magma Room - that's a moody piece of beauty there. And, looks a whole bunch like the composition of the painting I just started (well the giant tiki god with hands out stretched towards us). Now, I really didn't see your piece till just now, and I sketched my comp yesterday... so it's just another sign of the 100 monkey thing. Or, you are inspiring me on some inter-dimensional dream level. No doubt!

Brad! Thanks! It just goes to show we are all on a cosmic tiki art wavelength! I was inspired by the Hinky Dinks menu with Frankenstein peering ominously from the background with grasping hands ready to strike! Man, what I'd give to be a menu artist from the day!

On 2008-08-23 17:31, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
NICE! The Magma Room - that's a moody piece of beauty there.

Indeed. neat stuff.

I

Man, I've missed seeing your artwork. :)

Haunting and cool!

Take care,

I.

OK.... so it's been quite a while since I've posted anything new........I have, however, updated my website with a much better tiki gallery so you can check out all of my recent pieces in one place without having to dig deep into this post to see what I've been up to! Plus, I have added a sketchbook section that shows some of my other ideas in early stages that may become finished pieces at some point.......let me just say that "The Floating Head of Baaghlaadoush" definitely WILL be a painting! If that title intrigues you, please investigate at:

http://www.thetackytiki.com

and nose around!

Here's a taste of the sketchbook: ballpoint pen and liquid paper, scanned and imported for further... ahem.....experiments.

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2009-03-19 17:02 ]

new doodle....may work on it but, for some reason, it just seems too...I don't know....... done already........ I think I need a mood to work off of instead of just another tiki.........am I rambling?

Two new roughs.....my ideas usually spring from a weird drawing.......most of the time,it gets heavily revised as the process unfolds

the transition continues......

Great sketches suburban pagan, but I love your painting style too! These will make great pieces...

Thank you Sam! And, with that said, here is my first foray into the jungle madness in a while.......... my mind is back in a mood painting mode...... this is how I start developing my overall mood and color of the piece..... man, I love mystery!

further study

nice color studies and sketches! It's interesting to see how it all unfolds. The tikis in the water are intriguing. I'm curious to see what those will look like with your color treatment. Dark and mysterious fo sho!

I like your choice of paper!

Ecomomy buster.

Dig it !!!

Haha! Nice catch Bamboo Ben! These are perfect times to be a utilitarian!

....and out of the Box!

( break those Rules of Art!!! ....must draw on spAcial paper, sheeesh!)

YAY!
Kevin's back and creating
and undergoing a.....
Transformation! :)
Welcome back, prodigal son!

BB - out of the box is my favorite place to hang out!
LLT - H-e-e-e-e-e-r-r-r-e-e's KEVY!! I thought you'd enjoy my anti-business card! I have shed my skin of that crazy pattern and am feeling like myself again! (Is that a good thing? YES!)

R

On 2009-03-30 22:32, suburbanpagan wrote:
I have shed my skin of that crazy pattern and am feeling like myself again! (Is that a good thing? YES!)

Man, I told you leavin the art thing was a foolish idea.

Good thing ya man'd up and came around!

rad sketches!

I never left art..... any artist knows that you never leave it..... I just made an odd career move......... now I'm back on track but the art never left

Thank for the words of encouragement BTW, Rav!
Here's a new sketch that I consider very dark exotica that I call Gothic Polynesia......it is a focus on rot and decay and a forgotten place that I'm SURE is haunted by someone of something! Those feelings will really come out when I start painting it...it's going to be so dark! Delicious, indeed!

On a different note: since the closing of Mittel's Art Supply's doors out here in Thousand Oaks, I have no local source of illustration board! Bum deal! Now I have to drive at least thirty miles to get paper for crimony's sake or order it on the web!

On a different, different note, here's my reason for going even darker than usual....I had a good time drawing Poe and have always been drawn to the macabre! Not tiki I know.

some color

color study- much more light hearted than the other piece

detail... I like this part as a composition unto itself

So I went ahead and ordered some crescent #100 cold press illustration board so I can bust out the analog brushes again!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2009-04-04 22:00 ]

i agree!
totally a composition in itself!
Just proves that you're creating worlds
AND worlds within worlds!
sooooo glad the art vibe has spoken loud enough to your soul!
who needs a dumb dayjob when you can create beauty like this?

RH

I sure dig the darkness you've got going on.

I've got a swamp tiki in developement too but can't seem to make it work.

day jobs are for chumps, LLT! Unfortunately, I am in chumpville but I can escape now and free my mind!
Robb- how can you say you are having trouble? Your work is insane and incredible eye candy with fantastic moods!

and now for something completely different! At my job, I get nice doodle time when the computer is rendering a shot so today I drew a pirate and I started throwing some color down on him! He seems to be a dandy trying to convince us that he's tough! It's far from done but I'm all over the place creatively and I've got to roll with it!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 318 replies