Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Shamelessly watching....DWTS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

J

Yeah, whatever! :roll:

J

Yikes! The first half of this season is gonna be really scary!

New cast announced here.

TG

I'm looking forward to seeing the Queen Bee (Lil Kim). She was the Notorious B.I.G's girlfriend way back when.

I hope my girls will be back (probably will), but they have taken the dancers' bios off the site, so I imagine there'll be some changes.

The WOZ!!!

Sheesh, I wish they wouldn't renew Samantha Harris' contract. She is such a waste of space.

Any early predictions?

J

On 2009-02-09 13:16, The Gnomon wrote:
I hope my girls will be back (probably will), but they have taken the dancers' bios off the site, so I imagine there'll be some changes.

From the Comcast Entertainment pages:

Famed NFL player Lawrence Taylor will tango in an awkward way with Edyta Sliwinska.
Denise Richards will do her sexy dance numbers with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Derek Hough will be paired, at his own risk, with Lil Kim
Julianne Hough will dance the night away with country singer Chuck Wicks
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak will waddle with Karina Smirnoff
Singer Jewel will do her poetic moves with new DWTS dancer Dmitry Chaplin
Country singer Ty Murray will try his hand at dancing with DWTS newby Chelsea Hightower
Sex and the City star Gilles Marini will dance for his martinis with Cheryl Burke
Olympian Shawn Johnson will glide with Mark Ballas
David Alan Grier will boogie with Kym Johnson
80’s pop star Belinda Carlyle will get the beat with Jonathan Roberts
Entertainment anchor Nancy O’Dell will partner up with Tony Dovolani
Steve-O will struggle and certainly not take the dancing seriously, with Lacy Schwimmer

Looks like we'll be stuck with Edyta for a while. Karina and Lacy will likely be gone early. If the "Sex and the City" guy dances as well as he showers, Cheryl will be around a good long time. But poor Tony Dovolani keeps getting stuck with the older, more inhibited women. I don't expect he and Nancy will last beyond week four or five.

TG

Returning tonight at last. One of Heff's jewels is replacing Jewel. Glad to see Cheryl, Edyta, and Lacy back, of course. As for the contestants, I'm looking forward to seeing the Queen Bee.

J

This just in, both Nancy O'Dell and Jewel had to drop out due to injuries. So in addition to Heff's girlfriend, Holly, the girl who was jilted on national television by "The Bachelor" will also be a last minute replacement. Melissa's Dallas Cowboys cheerleading experience may help her make up for the lack of rehearsal. While the other contestants have had six weeks to prepare, Melissa and Holly have only had one week.

The good news is Tony Dovolani is no longer stuck with Nancy O'Dell, so maybe he'll get to stay a bit longer than I originally estimated.

I hear that Nancy O'Dell also injured her knee badly enough to be replaced, by...

Melissa Rycroft ?!! When did she become a star?! Yuck....

Ha! Got scooped by JenTiki! You are quick, girl.... :D

A better line up this time (last season sucked) so hope we get some decent entertainment. Unless the coyboy, football player and Bond Girl loosen up they won't make it very long. I think we will see some nice male booty action this season...THANK GOODNESSSSSSSS. :)

I really enojoyed Lil'Kim, Steve-O, Gilles, Ty, The Woz and David. Not saying they all had stunning dances. Really this first one is a gimme, say I, and I wanted to just get the feel for the field.

I was really surprised at the high marks for Denise and Julienne's boy toy; both were bor-ing.

Karina seriously amped up the sexpotness with, I think, the most revealing outfit yet. I'm pretty sure I saw it in the latest catalog from Strippers-R-Us.

Queen Bee came hot out of the staring gate, and prison gate for that matter. I hoped she would do well and it looks like she might.

At the very least, her booty put Kardashian's to shame! She has as much junk in the trunk AND she knew how to push it around the dance floor. I am very optimistic.

They all did better this week (The Woz is having fun but not a dancer, good-bye Belinda)...and Superman was SUPER!!! Woo Hoo that Gilles...YUMMY :wink:

(corrected a name cause I can't spell for sh_t)

[ Edited by: vampiressrn 2009-03-17 19:06 ]

The judges have picked their favorites and shafted several dancers, most notably David Allen Grier. Lil' Kim was better than they scored her. Denise, Chuck and (Sorry, Vamp) Gilles were far worse than their scores reflected. Ugh, I have to remember it's not a real dance competition....

On another note, I like one of the new apps the website has, "The Fourth Judge".

I think more injuries are in order. If they try hard enough they might be able to end the season with a full set of replacement dancers.

LOL...the Fourth Judge...pretty funny. I liked it when the host grabbed the Zero paddle for rating Bruno...he has been annoying this season. I think he needs to replace his inner thesaurus.

I agree H...Gilles is not a strong contender, but I am going to gawk as long as I can.

G...I think we can all claim eye pain to add to that injury list.

Tonight the fans reveal...uh...something...may not be talent though.

Ha! The TV guide recap mentions Steve is adorkable! That's hot...

[insert spoiler's name here] just didn't end up having the charisma on the dance floor. oh well.

Some good dancing tonight. Only the popular vote is going to save some people. Nice costumes this season too.

I'm appalled, but then it's my own damn fault, for putting my faith in DWTS would truly have Lindy Hop. The ONLY ones who did a real swing-out (THE LindyHop move) was Ty and his partner. No Lindy Circles, no Lindy Turns. Only half the airsteps were Lindy moves. Lemme put it in terms for all of us here:

Someone says they're throwing a Tiki Party and then decorates the place with Party City shit and sings Jimmy Buffet songs.

It was that horrifying a night for me.

Bleah, I feel sick....

Lil' Kim, she was the highlight on the Argentine Tango side.

L

Yeah the Lindy Hop was L-A-M-E. I watched with my friend who is a well known Lindy Hop dance instructor in the Lindy Hop dance community around the world and he was appalled too.

Well...I was hoping it would be the other Steve...but it doesn't matter...he will go next. Figured Playgirl would fall off her stool.

Loved the 30!!!

I'm glad, of course, that my main babe is in the running for the championship and that the Queen Bee is doing well. I wouldn't be surprised to see those two in the final three with "Lucky-to-Still-Be-a-Bachelorette" rounding it off.

J

Oh no! It's the return of the hot pink chiffon leg warmers! :o

L

On 2009-04-13 20:29, JenTiki wrote:
Oh no! It's the return of the hot pink chiffon leg warmers! :o

If I had her body I would wear that outfit everyday--including the leg warmers!

The WSS "America" dancing was OK...but the singing made my ears bleed.

Samantha is getting more annoying as time goes on. Her interviewing questions are sometimes so inappropriate. I love Tom though...he always puts a positive spin on an uncomfortable situation and razzes the judges really well.

Not surprised by the elimination tonight.

Well, the Queen Bee was robbed, except that the rodeo community is actually voting, so it ain't really robbery. The hip-hop and rap crowd let her down.

I'm happy to see that my main babe is still going strong.

Of course, I was glad when Lacey was put out of her misery. I'm sure each dancer has incentives to outlast the others, but in Lacey's case, I think she's relieved to be out of the fray.

Edyta's matchup this year wasn't as painful as what Lacey had to endure, but you could tell in her last couple of weeks that she was ready to regroup for next season.

I had better hopes for Queen Bee, but now that she's out, hopefully, any of her support base that keeps watching (I bet over half have now bailed) will get behind Cheryl's behind.

I'm diggin Giles while you are watching Cheryl's bootay!!! Everytime he rips his shirt off he gets all my votes...well and then their is that dancing talent thang.

Another good week...goodbye Coyboy...it was a nice ride. :)

I got Cheryl's back. :roll:

Every since Lil' Kim got voted off, I've been a little down, but I think the last ones standing do deserve to be there.

If you're up early on the after the finale this Tuesday (meaning Wednesday morning), check out Good Morning America. They're going to have a big celebration for the winners and a bunch of the other dancers will be there, too.

Oh, and so will I....
:wink:

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm also disappointed.

J

Am I the only one who thinks Mark Ballas is a total drama queen whose antics detracted from his partner through most of the season? And when they won, he acted like a 5-year old girl who just got a new puppy for Christmas. Shawn was very good, but Mark made me not want them to win.

Gilles was robbed! He was the total package and should've taken that trophy!

Didja see me?! Yeah, me neither..

Mark was a whiny thing, and he's little and he's afraid to dance with normal people.

Tony(and Gilles, for that matter), on the other hand is(are) tall and he's(they're) cordial. Maybe I should have asked one of them to dance instead....

Someone needs to talk Mark into starting his own show on another network and hopefully it would get canceled before it aired. We would never see him again and that would be good. :D

Giles was the one who really turned into the dancer on the show...I agree...he was robbed. I was so impressed when they announced the winner and he never flinched, he immediately congratulated the winning couple...such a gentleman. I nearly threw myself on the floor when they announced the winner...not for attention (sigh) but out of PAIN!!! This was a great season of dancing though.

J

So sad! Tony is stuck with another dud! He got lucky last year with his last-minute fill-in, but they keep giving him the women who just really don't stand a chance!

A couple surprises tonight though! Macy Gray was strangely engaging, and Kelly Osborne! Who'da thunk that one?!?! So cool to see Ozzie and Sharon so excited about it! Mya did well as I expected, but who is this Joanna woman? She just might take it.

Last night -- I was thrilled when I heard that Donny Osmond and Mark Decascos would be on and neither disappointed! Even Tom Delay was much better than I expected. But Chuck has got to go! No rhythm, no grace, no talent. Buh bye! I didn't know what to expect from Aaron Carter. He did well, but I see his youth getting the better of him when it comes to the more disciplined dances like the tango and paso doble.

L

I love Maksim. I am jealous that Debbi Mazer is dancing with him. He is my future ex-husband :)

I'm lucky that my girl didn't get kick out yet. Tom doesn't seem like he plans on staying all that long.

I have not been 100% paying attention...got other things going on during the show...plus I totally forgot it was coming on and missed some of it...BUTTTTTTT...I will plan to be fully engaged next week.

YOU GO KELLY!!! Dayum, that girl has sure turned into a butterfly and I think she did good on her first day. Donnie did good too...hope he isn't prone to fainting...LOL.

That Animal Dance was pretty kewl...loved the leaping gazelles. :)

I'm actually sad to see Macy leave so early. Her dance was actually kinda engaging. Plus, her "Is she high or not?" attitude made for great "reality TV" moments. Ashley's vanilla-white bread performance doomed him to failure.

Mark "The Chairman" snuck under my radar when they announcedthe stars for this season. I F'ing LOVE Iron Chef: America, so I'm super stoked to see him in the competition. I was disappointed with Danny; too schmaltzy, no content.

More later, but I'm still getting over a sinus infection...

If Tom's fan base doesn't stuff the ballot box, I think I'm in store for a very short season.

TG

Season's over. Catch you all next year.

J

On 2009-10-07 13:00, The Gnomon wrote:
Season's over. Catch you all next year.

They did say he could come back for the finale to perform the dance they would have had next week. Plus, Cheryl often returns in those special pro dances on results night.

The Gnomon is right and this season is over for me as well but at least Max is gone, the more blows to that Douchebag's ego the better. :lol:

He is so egomaniacal...I agree BB!!! Not an awe inspiring season...hope next week is more intriguing.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies