Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Shamelessly watching....DWTS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

oh yeah, I forgot to ask, is that restraining order still in effect?

J

Sadly, yes.
I've learned my lesson, no more stalking!
Stockings = good
Stalkings = bad

LOL

I like the Tom too....he is playing Hollywood and Temecula in May!!! :D

J

Finally!!! The torture is over!!

SPOILER....

Hillbilly bites the dust!!! Can someone fix his hair?

ack! With TikiBocce
[ http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23608&forum=17&hilite=tikibocce ]
coming up, I forgot to watch this week...

Next week, I'll be back on schedule!

Not to worry....they will probably show the Paso Doble (again) that Apolo did...they did have them dance the same dance last night as the judges favorite but the film must have broke or something as it froze on the screen, so didn't get to see it...darn.

Billy was bad and Ian was very worried to be in the bottom two. It is getting tight now. :)

J

The Paso Doble encore was fine here in Alameda. Must've been your cable system.

And Ian wasn't in the bottom two! It was Joey! Well, at least America finally had the bottom ONE right!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-05-09 21:25 ]

I stand corrected...thanks Jen (thank goodness I am not a Reporter for a living). :o

Interesting that the film didn't freeze for you. The music was playing all the way through, but the film froze at the beginning on my DirecTV. Danged little satellite!!!

J

Okay, so we probably won't get Tom Jones this season, but at least we got one of his better songs for Leila's Cha Cha Cha!

Joeys Jive was kick ass.....!!! Loved Ians Elvis :) Apolo was still hot as hell 8)

The scores were high for this week.....the competition is getting fierce. Next week I will prbably call in....never do that till the last night.

Both of Joey's and Leila's dances were top notch.

I'll agree with Len that Apolo's Cha Cha Cha was too raunchy, entertaining but too raunchy (not cheeky, as requested).

I thought Ian was a train wreck tonight. He was so hunched over in his Tango, his partner literally bent over backwards in order to keep in hip contact. And again in his Jive, his frame was sloppy and his movement was anything but crisp, like a wilted head of lettuce.

J

I totally agree with you about Ian! He doesn't belong in the top three!

But I gotta differ when it comes to Apolo's ChaChaCha! That was HOT!!! :o That dance floor could use a little more spice now and then! And his haircut was fabulous (if long overdo).

I think Ian will get kicked to the curb tonight, he has never been a favorite of the judges....and phone votes aren't going to help him either.

It's official....Ian and Cheryl are out. I still think xxxx is pretty stiff....so think she will get axed next week. I think Joey and Apolo will fight to the end. Next week will be interesting. :)

J

Breaking news ... Bora Boris is watching too, just not shamelessly! :wink: Can you believe he was actually routing for Ian?

Okay, my pick for the winner is .... Joey!!! Anyone wanna bet a China Clipper on this?

I beg to differ, Weezy...Apolo all the way!
:wink:
K.

It was too bad that Ian only got all 10's when he disguised himself as someone else.

Now someone please reply quickly so no one knows I've posted in here. :lol:

Apolo is definitely a better dancer, but Joey has higher entertainment value.

I think there are more N*SYNC than speed skating fans, so my money's on The FatOne (who is looking more svelte these days...)

..there ya go, Boris....

Thanks Haole'akamai!

I agree and it seems like Apollo always has his serious game face on trying to win every time while Joey is having a good time.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-05-20 17:41 ]

Being able to look like you're having fun on the dance floor goes along way to winning contests (I can credit that to all my placements), especially where popularity ranks higher than skill.

I'm glad the Joey and Apolo are in the finals. They really were the only to leads that looked like they were actually leading.

You know, when I watch the first season, I thought, "This is great, but it won't capture the long-time interest of the general TV watching public." I think/hope I might be wrong about that.

I think Apolo is a shoe-in.....but I am going with the underdog..Joey. If he keeps upping the entertainment value he is going to take the show. Ooooh...maybe more lurkers and secret-viewers will be popping out of the woodwork by next week. :)

Laila is boring and stiff. Apolo and Joey did excellent free-styles. The judges never like it when there is too much outside of the norm for the dance...so Joey and Apolo need to be careful. I just don't get the judges giving Laila 10s...doesn't make sense to me.

WooHoo Apollo!! I voted for him on my home phone, on my cell , and online :)

J

Joey all the way!!!! He's worked his butt off for this ... literally! You can see in his face how much weight he's lost since the first round! Plus, he does cool tricks!

Jo-ey! Jo-ey! Jo-ey! Jo-ey!

Oooooh. tonight is going to be tight. I have a hard time between Apolo and Joey. Apolo is a natural and he is such a good match with his partner. I agree Jen...Joey has worked his arse off and I can't believe how good he is at those high jumps....he looked liked he was having so much fun on that freestyle. Voting online is pretty easy. :)

I was really pulling for Laila, but unfortunately, her freestyle was lacklustre and that's what people who aren't familiar with partner dance will gravitate to. I still threw my votes her way, as she consistently preformed the hell out of all her dances each week, while both Joey and Apolo had up and down performances.

Joey was the consummate entertainer and really does have great "razzle-dazzle" (which made him a intricate part of N*Sync). My only issue was he "went to the well" a few too many times during performances and it broke up the dimension of whatever dance he was attempting. As the judges pointed out last night, it seemed very apparent in his Cha cha cha, "Things were off." I see it as a sign he didn't trust himself in the less familiar (dance) waters of partner dance. It's too bad because he has such good musicality.

I believe Apolo will win. You know what the say, "Sex sells." And he continued to raunch it up. His footwork was no match for his hip gyrations. But again, I don't think the general public will recognize that and so he'll get votes.

J

I do think it will be tight between Apolo and Joey, but I think Joey has a much larger fan base. The same people who bought all those N*Sync CDs and concert tickets will be voting for him. Somehow, I don't think Olympic Speed Skaters have the same sort of popularity.

Yeah, but Apolo hasn't been in the bottom two, has he?

J

I think he was once around round 3 or 4

K

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2007-05-22 22:22 ]

J

Gee Thelma! Thanks so much for spoiling it for those of us on the west coast (the majority of the posters on this thread) who haven't seen the finale yet! Now it's gonna be kinda anti-climactic!

K

Ooops!
in my excitement I forgot about that!
Many apologies to the west coast ohana... :blush:
K.

I knew not to come over here....and tried my best to avoid the news today. Congrats to the winners.....and won't say who at this time....just in case we have other peeps waiting to see it on TV.

kikekeki....no harm no foul....it was an exciting finish so know you were on the edge of your seat too. We still luv ya. :D

OK....it's safe to talk about DA WINNER.

I was secretly rooting for Joey as he had such a passion for improving, entertaining the audience, and really learning to be a good dancer, plus he jumped higher than anyone. But it was a tight squeeze and certainly Apolo desrved to win also....he had a perfect match to his partner....they had great chemistry and as an athlete he was able to meet the challenge. :)

Get ready all you DWTS lurkers....looks like a good one coming up....

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, TWELVE NEW STARS WILL SHINE WHEN DANCING WITH THE STARS RETURNS FOR ITS MOST SURPRISING AND BIGGEST SEASON TO DATE, PREMIERING WITH A SPECTACULAR THREE-NIGHT EVENT

Dancing Devotees Treated to Three Straight Nights of Entertainment and Competition

First Week's Competition Features a Showdown Between the Women and the Men

In a Dancing with the Stars first, twelve celebrities -- six men and six women -- attempt to outshine one another on a fifth season of the hit series, which returns MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET) on ABC. This marks the largest cast assembled to date. It includes an Emmy Award-winning actress, a Vegas icon, an Indy 500 champion, a Spice Girl, a daytime soap star, a Cheetah Girl and a former resident of 90210. As an added twist, viewers get a chance to size up the male vs. the female stars, as each gender hits the dance floor on separate nights during the first week of competition. The women will strut their stuff on Monday night, while the men show off their moves TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET). One couple's fate will be determined the following night, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show. Can the women outperform the men, or will the men dance circles around the women?

As announced today on Good Morning America, the twelve stars making their ballroom dancing debut are:

MELANIE BROWN - "Mel B.," a.k.a. "Scary Spice," is best known as a member of the Spice Girls, the hit British music group that put "girl power" on the map and took the world by storm in 1996. For the first time in six years, she reunites with her four bandmates to embark on a world tour this December. Brown is also a mother, entrepreneur and actress who starred in Rent as Mimi on Broadway, in The Vagina Monologues in London, and hosted the British TV series This is My Moment. She is partnered with MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY, who returns for his fourth season.

SABRINA BRYAN - Actress and recording artist Sabrina Bryan starred as a member of an all-girl singing group in Disney Channel's original movie, The Cheetah Girls. The hit movie translated into musical success for the girls, who went on to release two albums and toured the U.S. as The Cheetah Girls. Bryan is set to star in the upcoming The Cheetah Girls 3. She has also starred in The Bold and the Beautiful. Bryan is partnered with newcomer MARK BALLAS.

HELIO CASTRONEVES - The two-time Indianapolis 500 champion began the celebratory tradition of climbing the racetrack fence in 2001, racing for Team Penske. A native of Brazil, Castroneves is partner and owner of the NasrCastroneves racing team, which competes in the Brazilian Stock Car V8 Championship. He has amassed twelve wins and forty-nine top five finishes during his IndyCar career. Castroneves teams with reigning champ JULIANNE HOUGH, who returns for her sophomore season.

MARK CUBAN - Cuban is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks NBA basketball team. He is the highly successful entrepreneur who founded HDNet, Broadcast.com and MicroSolutions. Cuban went on to sell Broadcast.com and Micro Solutions to Yahoo! and CompuServe, respectively. He is partnered with KYM JOHNSON, who returns for her third season.

JENNIE GARTH - Garth rose to stardom in the popular television series Beverly Hills: 90210. She since starred in the sitcom What I Like About You for four seasons. Over the course of her career, she has produced and starred in several made-for-TV movies. Her most recent project was a lead role in Lifetime's Girl, Positive, which was the network's highest-rated movie this year. Garth's partner is newcomer DEREK HOUGH, brother of Season Four winner Julianne Hough.

JOSIE MARAN - Model/actress Josie Maran has graced the pages of some of the biggest magazines, including multiple covers for Glamour and appearances in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue. She's also been featured in national ad campaigns for Guess and Maybelline, and has appeared in such films as The Aviator and Van Helsing. Today Maran is a busy entrepreneur, activist and new mom. She launches her eponymous eco-chic cosmetic line, Josie Maran Cosmetics, this fall, and is a spokesperson for the national environmental organization Global Green. Maran is paired with Season One winner ALEC MAZO, who makes his third appearance.

CAMERON MATHISON - Mathison joined the cast of All My Children in January 1989 as Ryan Lavery. After leaving the show for a year, he returned in 2003 to reprise this fan-favorite role, for which he has received an Emmy nomination. He is also presently hosting the fourth season of SOAPnet's reality series, I Wanna Be A Soap Star. His television credits also include The Drew Cary Show, CSI, JAG, What I Like About You, F/X: The Series, the television movie Any Mother's Son, and ABC Family's See Jane Date. Mathison's partner is EDYTA SLIWINSKA, the only professional dancer to appear in all five seasons.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER - "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather is a six-time world champion in five different weight classes and the current RING and World Boxing Council Welterweight Champion of the World, with an astounding undefeated record of 38-0, with 24 knockouts. He is universally recognized as pound-for-pound the best fighter in the world. Mayweather teams with KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her third season.

WAYNE NEWTON - The Legend, Mr. Las Vegas, is enjoying a career that few dare even dream about, having performed more live shows than any other single performer in Las Vegas history, with no signs of slowing down. He has been mentored by such talents as Jackie Gleason, Lucille Ball, Bobby Darin, Jack Benny and Frank Sinatra, which has inspired him to great success in motion pictures, television and recordings. As Chairman of the USO Celebrity Circle, Newton recently said, "I want to use my head for myself and my heart for mankind." He is partnered with two-time champ CHERYL BURKE.

MARIE OSMOND - Osmond won the hearts of fans as co-host of the popular variety program, The Donny & Marie Show. She has since starred in several made for television movies, co-hosted Ripley's Believe It or Not, achieved success as a recording artist, performed on Broadway, made the New York Times bestselling authors list, and established herself as an entrepreneur with her highly successful Marie Osmond Collectible Doll line. She is also the co-founder and co-host of the Children's Miracle Network. Osmond will be led by JONATHAN ROBERTS, who returns for his fourth season.

ALBERT REED - Model Albert Reed has been featured in national ad campaigns for Abercrombie & Fitch, Diesel Clothing, Arrow Clothing, Rayban and Reebok, to name a few. The free-spirited 22-year-old has walked the catwalk for Chanel, Levis and Michael Kors. Growing up in Miami, Reed surfed competitively into his late teens, winning several titles. He is also an actor, musician and artist. He teams up with ANNA TREBUNSKAYA, who returns for her second season.

JANE SEYMOUR - Actress/artist/author/activist/designer and Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning British born Jane Seymour is a star of motion pictures (Wedding Crashers, Live and Let Die, Somewhere in Time) and television, ranging from her six-season Western drama, Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman, to her reign as 'Queen of the Mini-Series,' so dubbed by critics and the media. In addition Seymour is a bestselling author, widely successful artist, designer of her own line of homewares and accessories, and an activist on behalf of underprivileged and abused children around the world. Seymour is paired with TONY DOVOLANI, who returns for his fourth season.

The competition begins with a three-night event on, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, as the six female stars take center stage, performing either the Foxtrot or the Cha Cha Cha. The men will then showcase their routines, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, performing the same dances as the women. The team with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes from Monday and Tuesday night will be eliminated from the competition on the first results show, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26. Viewers may cast their votes via phone, text message and online at http://www.abc.com.

Kicking off what promises to be a stellar season of musical performances, Grammy® Award winning country music icon and Academy® Award winning actress, Dolly Parton, kicks up her heels on the Dancing stage, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26. Parton serenades the audience singing Better Get to Livin' from her latest album, Backwoods Barbie, and the classic hit, 9 to 5, accompanied by the professional dancers.

Following Ms. Parton's performance in week one, Dancing with the Stars the Results Show will serve as a showcase for some of the best musical artists in the world, including world-famous musician Avril Lavigne, legendary five-time Grammy Award-winning artist Gloria Estefan, among others who will be announced in the weeks to come.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Home Videos) and Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. This version is produced in America by BBC Productions. Conrad Green serves as executive producer and Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are co-executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs.

Dancing with the Stars is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP.

In an exclusive first late-night talk show interview with a member of the Season Five cast, Jimmy Kimmel welcomes Melanie Brown tonight on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05-1:05 a.m., ET). Kimmel returns this season for more hilarious segments on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show.

J

Here are my early predictions:

First woman to leave: Marie Osmond (can you picture her doing a sexy rhumba or samba - I think NOT)
First man to leave: Mark Cuban

Last woman standing: Scary Spice
Last man standing: Wayne Newton or Cameron Mathison

LOL....that sounds about right. Marie is a virgin you know, so she will have to be careful and not dance too wild!!! Do ya think Wayne baby will dance to Tie-A-Yellow-Ribbon....gawd, I might need a barf bag for that....I like him though and think he will kick arse.

I'm thinking Jayne Seymour will do damned well too....let's hear it for the old gals. I think she will be very graceful and of course her figure is so similar to mine...NOT!!! :lol:

J

On 2007-09-10 11:54, VampiressRN wrote:
Do ya think Wayne baby will dance to Tie-A-Yellow-Ribbon....gawd, I might need a barf bag for that....I

Um...I think you're thinking of Tony Orlando.

I don't know if Wayne (Red Roses for a Blue Lady) Newton has twinkle toe talent, but his partner will be the ever so hot, multiple season winner, Cheryl Burke.

Also hot is Edyta Sliwinska and her lucky partner is Cameron Mathison.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mel B, as are Eddie Murphy and Babyface's ex I'm guessing.

Oh yeah...you are right Jen....just goes to show you...I don't know my Wayne Newton. Maybe he will do the Danka Schoen Fox-trot. :D

Wheeeee! To-nite.

hee hee hee

[double post]

heh, I guess I'm a tad excited.... :oops:

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-09-24 14:31 ]

J

On 2007-09-24 14:29, Haole'akamai wrote:
Wheeeee! To-nite.

hee hee hee

YIPEE!!!! :D :D :D

OK...here we go again.....should be fun!!!! :)

All in all, I think Sabrina did best. She had the energy, great body movement, and is damned fast on the floor. She has shown that she has talent, now she needs to be sure to drop the hip hop or she will make the judges mad.

Jane was elegant as expected. I think she will hang in there for a while.

Melani did great too, she has good stage presence. (That Maxim is such a cutie....yum yum.)

Jennie was OK and will hang in for a while, but she is very unsteady and not as polished as the others.

Josie was OK...nothing to write home about.

Marie sucked big time!!!

See ya tomorrow night for da guys. :)

On 2007-09-24 21:29, VampiressRN wrote:

All in all, I think Sabrina did best. She had the energy, great body movement, and is damned fast on the floor. She has shown that she has talent, now she needs to be sure to drop the hip hop or she will make the judges mad.

Jane was elegant as expected. I think she will hang in there for a while.

Melani did great too, she has good stage presence. (That Maxim is such a cutie....yum yum.)

Jennie was OK and will hang in for a while, but she is very unsteady and not as polished as the others.

Josie was OK...nothing to write home about.

Marie sucked big time!!!

Did we watch the same show?

Jennie was more than decent. She had a solid hip swivel and was cute and smiley. All she needs is to tighten up her core and strengthen her leg lines and she'll be in contention.

Josie didn't dance a step by herself. Her partner (literally) carried her through the entire routine. She was plodding and her arms were unnatural, creating awkward lines. The judges were incredibly generous to her. I would have scored her a 4. Even without seeing the men, I'm forecasting she'll be the first off.

Sabrina had nice hands and tight fast footwork (I would hope so, since this is what she's known for), but she kept rolling her shoulders forward and loosing her frame. There was a definite lack of connection. The choreography was weak, but then almost half the routine was Hip Hop. Dude, we know you can Hip Hop; this is a ballroom dance competition. Gotta chalk that up to impetuous youth, I guess. She's a good dancer; I hope she can get over herself.

Marie had very nice musicality. Her footwork was solid and will only get better the more she practices. I was surprised by how entertaining she was to watch.

Mel has great hip and decent footwork, albiet a little slow. That'll get better as she tightens her upper body. I'm worried, though, that Maksim choreographed a routine that seemed so similar to the stuff he did for Laila, the same body/booty shake, the same turn sequences. I hope he can bring out better originality for Mel in the future.

Jane had fabulous reach. Her arms were graceful and her frame was superb. 56! I hope my core is as strong when I get there.

J

Well, I can't get quite that technical about it so I'll just give my predictions...

First woman to go: Josie
Last woman dancing: Mel

So, after seeing them dance, I changed my mind about who would be the first to go because I originally predicted Marie. But I'm sticking with my original pick for the final woman. The only thing that might keep Josie in the competition this week will be the votes from the men who are hot for her due to her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies