Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki "BOWL" destruction

Pages: 1 9 replies

i was watching "training day" last night when i noticed a big drink bowl(hula girls or volcano) on the counter in denzels kitchen, before i could identify it , he blew it to bits in a shootout with ethan hawke!. i hope it was a cheap repo!. :(

keep the rubber side down and the gas on!

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-01-15 20:18 ]

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-01-16 19:16 ]

Hey, yeah, I saw that too!

I said "Hey, there was a -"
KAPLEWIE! And it was gone.

My wife said, "What was it?"

"Oh, never mind."

Good eye!

Pheeeew! Man, you scared me...to yell TIKI DESTRUCTION ! like that on the main Tiki Central board for such a little thing will make you into "the boy who cried wolf". Save that for truly threatened Tiki temples, please.

Save that for truly threatened Tiki temples, please.

Yes, I agree. Technically speaking, if the bowl in question was a hula girl bowl/volcano bowl, it probably didn't even have any tikis! More than likely, it was a Dynasty Wholesale knock-off. I really doubt the producers sought out an original Orchids of Hawaii bowl as a prop to demolish.

yell?, you must mean caps?, SORRY!!.and pop, just cuz there was no "tiki" destroyed, a bowl of this style has the aura of tiki surrounding it!. its an attack on all that we love!, or just a dumb scene in a cool movie........but what if it was a real rare bowl the prop people overlooked?, or one of those holy grail tiki glasses???you just TRY and sleep on that!. its like when i see a rare motorcycle crashed or destroyed in a movie......it hurts babe.

Mrs. Ambience spotted that one first, "Hey, Scorpian Bowl."
Then together, "Aaaaagh!"

I love tiki spotting in movies.

T

"Technically speaking, if the bowl in question was a hula girl bowl/volcano bowl, it probably didn't even have any tikis! More than likely, it was a Dynasty Wholesale knock-off. I really doubt the producers sought out an original Orchids of Hawaii bowl as a prop to demolish."

...could have been an Orchids - at one time these were easy to get at thrift stores, which was probably easier than mail-ordering one through Dynasty...

Probably an original, I'd wager. Hell, this is Hollywood ferchrissakes. The 'savings' on getting a repro probably represents half a nosefull of 'gack' or 20 seconds of a 'gummy'.

Trader Woody

E

On 2003-01-17 14:09, Trader Woody wrote:
Probably an original, I'd wager. Hell, this is Hollywood ferchrissakes. The 'savings' on getting a repro probably represents half a nosefull of 'gack' or 20 seconds of a 'gummy'.

Trader Woody

ROFLMAO!!!

aloha,
emspace

a gummy?????, what the hell is that??.i grew up in old hollywood studios in the 60's but am not hip to this new lingo!, please help.:-?

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-01-19 17:18 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies