Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

time to honor the pledge

Pages: 1 22 replies

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jan 28, 2003 10:50 PM

Martin, your name is on the list, thanks.
Part two of the list will be posted this week but in all honesty the pledges are not coming in very fast

I don't know if folks are not reading this thread anymore?

TikiGardner had gathered $2000+ in pledges and less than $400 of that has come in

Where is everyone? It is time to send in the cash. cy is taking this to the board in a couple weeks and wants the funds in place, cash in hand, with a bank account statement to prove it. Are we gonna support him in getting the local government to erect a Tiki or not?

[ Edited by: Otto on 2003-01-28 22:51 ]

Otto,

I know you've been busy like us all, but any thoughts on when we might recieve the latest edition of Tiki News?

Are you guys going to set up a Paypal account for bank transfers that won't sap money from the fund? I didn't pledge but I want to donate and have been holding off to see if this would happen. If not, I'll donate through the PayPal account up now.

I don't even know where my check book is, or I would go that route. Damn those debit cards, DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!

I have a feeling the paypal thing is holding some payments up -- never underestimate the power of an impulse donation, especially when 100% of the money goes to the cause!

-Mike

T

There is a PayPal account...

Simply go to PayPal - click on send money & send it to:
[email protected]

It's just that easy!

S

I got my procrastinating butt in gear and made my donation through PayPal today. I added an extra $5 to my pledge to cover some PayPal fees.

It's understandable that people miss a specific thread. There's alot of activity going on this site. That's why Private Message is helpful. How about contacting directly those individuals who promised a donation? It's more work but less chance that people will miss your notice.

TikiGardner had gathered $2000+ in pledges and less than $400 of that has come in

Where is everyone? It is time to send in the cash. cy is taking this to the board in a couple weeks and wants the funds in place, cash in hand, with a bank account statement to prove it. Are we gonna support him in getting the local government to erect a Tiki or not?
[ Edited by: Otto on 2003-01-28 22:51 ]

Mahalo for the wake up call, Otto.

Anyone who doesn't get it needs to click the banner Hanford put at the top of the forum page for info. Quite frankly, the window on this effort isn't going to stay open much longer and it would be a major bummer to see it fail for lack of follow-thru on our parts because 1) it is a great cause, and 2) it would throw a chill on any future projects we wanted to do, no matter how well conceived. Please think about and act soon, even if it is just to let Otto know your $20 is in the mail.

The tiki gods expect you to do your part:
Help Raise a Tiki at Tiki Gardens!

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-01-29 12:21 ]

Just so you know, i sent a personal check directly to the bank. I mailed it on Wednesday of last week. It hasn't cleared my account yet, so I'm sure it just takes a bit o time.

I sure hope everybody follows through....It's a great effort!

J

Before I make a contribution to this cause I need to ask a few questions to those in the know...Where will this tiki be erected? Is the area a public park now? Is it a parking lot? Is it accessible? Is the land owned by the city? Do private individuals who may one day decide to bulldoze the tiki memorial and build a convenience store own the land? I have been holding off on making a pledge or a donation hoping to find answers to my questions and now being unable to I decided to ask...the details of the plan have sounded vague to me. Just a simple explanation would clarify a lot and get a donation in the mail...

M

I just sent my $20 plus $5 dollars to cover the pledge that I never made back then. Thanks to Otto and the others for thinking of this and doing all the work to get that Tiki erect ed.
As my big Tiki (Dong HO) says, "a happy tiki is an erect ed one!"

F

It's a park now. Yes, city owns the land, no it will not be bulldozed- it will be there to stand the test of time, and it will R O C K. It's getting done right. Believe in it. It will make everyone proud, I'm sure.

To avoid paypal fees on the fund's end, make sure you send the $$ directly from your bank account if it allows you to do so (default payment source)

using a CC adds the fees.

over and out.

T

Sent in my $25. Now I don't feel guilty anymore!

Thanks Otto for the word.

I was told that I would recieve an email when it was time but it never came. Just tell me the address and I'll slap it in the mail.

D

I was wondering if there was a minimum donation required. Being unemployed I can offer a small donation but wanted to check first. I wish it could be more maybe real soon.

P

my $ 25 donation is in !

[ Edited by: puamana on 2003-01-31 19:38 ]

On 2003-01-31 17:53, divychic wrote:
I was wondering if there was a minimum donation required. Being unemployed I can offer a small donation but wanted to check first. I wish it could be more maybe real soon.

Send in what you can, no buttons or lint accepted.
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

Just in case this is the reason for the email I got this morning, this was addressed to this one individual.

TG

D

TikiGardener was that very last post directed to me. I know the one before was but I didn't email you. Just checking with all this virus stuff and thanks for the info about the donation. I'll get that out minus the lint or buttons:)

Don't worry, the email referenced wasn't from you.

TG

T

I just sent my pledged amount, I hope it's not too late. Sorry for waiting so long, just call me Mr. Bungle. :oops:

I just sent a 20 dollar check to the Memorial Funds account in Florida so count those 20 clams in!!!

can anybody please give me an address where I can send the check?

Mahalo

never mind gang..... found it...... sorry.....

Pages: 1 22 replies