Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hula Hula Seattle, WA - Mug Release Party Is a Go!

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

Aloha,
We're proud to announce the official launch of one of our newest designs for the Hula Hula Bar in Seattle, WA! The mug release party will be on Saturday, September 22nd and will feature not only the new Hula Hula mugs but Lushy will be performing and there'll be 100 of the posters below for sale featuring the art of Seattle's own Lisa Petrucci!

I'm gonna head up for the event and it'd be great to meet some of you NW TC'ers. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-09-09 16:57 ]

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-09-11 19:09 ]

S

woohoooooooooo
I was supposed to go to a wedding in VEgas, but I think I'll go to this instead!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Pea

ST

I'll be there!

About dang time something cool happens in Seattle!

T

Sweet! We'll be up from Portland that weekend already, so now we know what to do in the evening!

S

On 2007-08-08 15:07, tiki-riviera wrote:

what? ya mean crunchy peanut butter fer yer waffles wasnt exciting? geeez. you're impossible to please!

hahahahahhaha

Can someone pick me up a mug at the event and ship it to dirty Jersey?

I really hate you.

On 2007-08-09 13:22, sweetpea wrote:

what? ya mean crunchy peanut butter fer yer waffles wasnt exciting? geeez. you're impossible to please!

hahahahahhaha

Pea,

The crunchy peanut butter for my waffles was very cool, so cool in fact it was the highlight
of my life. It's all downhill from here. Thanks alot Pea!

On 2007-08-31 13:23, monkeyskull wrote:

I really hate you.

Monkeyskull,

Please let me rephrase. I meant it's about dang time something cool happens
in Seattle that I can attend, cause as you know I was unable to attend Pea's
party at hul-hula. Other than that, what cool events have been in Seattle??

W

Other than that, what cool events have been in Seattle?? -tiki-riviera-

What the hell have you been up to this past year? The rest of us have partied so hardy we've hardly been able to sleep in on weekends. Some of the more memorable events...

There was of course the Winter Snow Ball in January, though we've all agreed to not discuss it...Or invite the Portland "ohana" to any of our events again. (Some good news: I did manage to dine at the Hilton this past weekend...Heavily disguised of course. I figger the resta you could pull it off too.)

In late spring we had the Jet City Mucky Mucks Fancy Dress Smart Tea. This year's Smart Tea was concocted by Mr Dogbytes and had most of us face down in our teacups before the cucumber sandwiches were served.

Dogbytes hosted a special skin care "clinic" fer the ladies in June. Oils and scrubs and lotions and potions all had a tropical twist and many of the gals were excited about the Hawaiian Pumice Miracle bunion treatment.

There was of course the muy especial super-secret tour of _________'s private Tiki resort on _________ Island with a surprise appearance by _________ and a short set by ________!!! (And if yuh don't know what who or where fills in the blanks, yuh weren't there!)

Monkeyskull's Summer Solsitice Beer-n-Blood Sausage Bash was a must fer all fans of odd eats, as was our Jet City Muckymucks Annual August All-Yuh-Can-Get Frog Leg Feast in August where the debate over what wine yuh serve with frog legs continued.

Even though no property was harmed in the makin' of the event, neighbors are still wary thanks to Sophista-tiki's Spirit of Pele 4th-O-July Fire Fest

Sweetpea's This-Shine's-Fer-You Shindig was last weekend. She released her annual batch of moonshine and the event was quite the drunkfest since she's got a big yard now and an even bigger still.

Blah-blah-road trip, blah-blah-barbecue, blah-blah-square dance...A lotta cool events have happened this past year. But it's like I told Matt LeBlanc "If yuh weren't invited it's probably cuz no one wanted yuh there."

And now on Saturday, September 22 we have...

Local historians...Is this the first custom Tiki mug fer a Seattle bar in decades? (Or did Tiki Bob's Cantina have a mug made...Tiki-riviera, yer down at Tiki Bob's all the time, ever seen a custom mug?)

Woofmutt,

Thanks for enlightening me on all the cool "happenings" here in
Seattle. I guess I was intentionally left off the invite list of
events. Just to reassure everyone, what I have is not contagious
in the traditional sense, as long as you don't massage me them rub your
eye or something. As far as Tiki-Bob's Cantina, just so happens
Monkeyskull and I were there last Thursday for the happy hour corn-dog
and Bud light special, when we find out they're releasing a new mug
that night! Well, unfortunately they didn't know to put a limit on
purchases and Monkeyskull bought all 100 mugs himself. Now if anyone wants
one they're at the maniacal whimsy of Monkeyskull and will have to pay
ten times face value on Ebay. Below is a picture of the amazing mugs.

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera 2007-09-09 00:05 ]

T

Hey all!! TabooDan here. Shay and I will be coming down but not too sure who I am dragging. Peter and Alan from Funhauser will be going as well and possibly Reido so there might be a little Canadian invasion happening!! Get your helmets on!!
Looking forward to seeing the local TCer's and checking out The Hula Hula as I haven't seen it yet. We might be bringing a few pieces that we had at Lost Paradise here in Vancouver so be sure to ask me about them!

Mahalo!!! TabooDan

M

Recent developments MAY sidetrack this event. We're in conversations to do a different type of party in December (more as it comes available) - not so much a mug release party but a heavy Tiki themed night. I'm working out the details with the owner and will know more on Tuesday.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 2007-09-10 10:03, sweetpea wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ditto.
forgodssakes, we're importing CANADIANS for this event!!

"...we're importing CANADIANS for this event! -dogbytes-

If Canadians are in town it's always an event! Tiki mugs? We don' need no stinkin' Tiki mugs!

A party without Canadians is like a Mai Tai without Midori. dang it!

Mug or no mug, there will be a Canadian invasion. (our intelligence suggests you're hiding them)
....and for the record, this invasion has nothing to do with your vast Orange Curacao & TV Dark Rum reserves!

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-09-10 16:18 ]

T

I'm with Pepe on this! It has nothing to do with your tucked away stashes!!
You will be invaded anyway as we have nothing better to do and France is too far away!! Ha Ha Ha!!

I might just have to bring more stuff down to keep the Seattle Tikiphiles in line!!
Hopefully this will work as it would be great to meet some new and see some old faces again!!
TabooDan

We've got the mugs for the event & event posters w/art by Lisa Petrucci! We lost Lushy though as Andy from the band is on a gig now in the UK w/the Specials & Mick Jones (formerly of the Clash). Also, we haven't put a lot of hype into this but we do still want to do it after speaking w/the owner today. I know in my emails/pm's/etc. that one of the "brethern" here on TC is a local dj and spins a nice mix-up. Are you out there?? Anybody interested in lendin' this Farmer a helpin' hand in adding another nice layer to this event PLEASE DON'T PM ME but send an email to [email protected].

The owner mentioned that as an event exclusive, they'll be selling the mug with a cocktail for only $14.95!

I'm looking forward to gettin' a "shouoot" from any of you Canadians, too eh!

Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-09-11 19:08 ]

D

excellent! our rumrunner pals from Canadia will incapacitate us and take over our tikibars!

Holden: will you be coming to Seattle?

the rest of you guys: we're going to Ivar's Salmon House for Brunch on Sunday ~ let me know if you can join us, probably around noon.

S

I'd love one or even two (ie one of each) of these mugs but sadly will not be able to make it to Seattle for the event. Would anyone who is going be interested in trading one or two of these mugs for one or two of the Forbidden Island mugs (brown and/or green)?

Sweet!! The mug release party is on and the Canandians are coming!
This is going to be an awesome party, rumor even has it that Dogbytes
is making a cake and Monkeyskull will be performing the pee-wee tequila
dance on the bar!

Holden!
How many mugs you got? Are ya gonna be up here? And how many mugs are coming up with you? I'll be wanting more than one !

S

Wow, I'd love one too! I'll never make it to Seattle that weekend though. I'll already be in Alameda.

Suzanne

yep, I'm gonna head on up. Plenty of mugs to go around for the event. The $14.95 mug/drink combo special that they'll be offering is pretty sweet! See you folks there!
Holden

Yea! an event. Looking forward to seeing eceryone.

Okay, great!! If someone wants to do some trading, maybe we can bring some of that Castro stuff that ya'll cant get down there!! Let me know!
Looking forward to coming down South!!

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2007-09-17 22:35 ]

TabooDan,

Often I think of my good friend HC (hint) and the great drinks
we used to make 7 years ago (hint). But sadly I haven't seen him
or his brother in quite sometime, and would be very happy if I
ran into them this weekend. So happy in fact I would shower them
with gifts or cash at our joyous reunion.

S

HOT DANG!!!!
It's this weekend!!!
Pea

Aye t'is me fair lass! Yankee landlubbers be warned, we Canadian Buccaneers take no prisoners(to complicated at the border crossing) lest there be no mugs to plunder!!!

looks like our own Tiki Joe's Pop is DJ-ing at the Mug Release!

for those of you looking for more things to do:
JIM FLORA exhibit at Fantagraphic from 6-8 pm. with the Moonspinners.

and we're going to brunch at Ivar's Salmon Houseon Sunday 23 at noon.

What time does the debauchery start at Hula Hula. My
Rum tolerance is low and my thirst is high, could
make for an interesting evening, hopefully I'll
remember to bring my pants home! Any Canadians out
there brave enought to thumb wrestle a drunken Yankee?

S

bring em smokies (not the Lil' kind) and I bet they'd wrassle anything!
hehehehhe

[ Edited by: sweetpea 2007-09-20 15:37 ]

W

TORONTO (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar reached parity with the U.S. currency for the first time in 31 years on Thursday...

Oh that's just great. Now we gotta deal with Canadians who think they can actually afford to buy stuff here.

On 2007-09-20 16:54, woofmutt wrote:
TORONTO (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar reached parity with the U.S. currency for the first time in 31 years on Thursday...

Yeah, who's money looks funny now!

On 2007-09-20 21:02, Pepe le Tiki wrote:

Yours does. There's a picture of some other country's Queen on it and it's a weird size which annoys both me and my wallet.

S
Sgirl posted on Fri, Sep 21, 2007 7:37 AM

On 2007-09-21 07:00, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2007-09-20 21:02, Pepe le Tiki wrote:

Yours does. There's a picture of some other country's Queen on it and it's a weird size which annoys both me and my wallet.

Actually, Elizabeth II is also the Queen of Canada! I lived there for a year and was surprised to learn that Canada is a monarchy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada#Government_and_politics

And I grew to love the loonies! I can't understand why we can't seem to get a dollar coin to work in the US!?

[ Edited by: Sgirl 2007-09-21 07:39 ]

Yes Sgirl, we love our Queen. I always try to carry as many pictures of her as possible in my wallet.

Boris!! Too bad you can't join us for the fun!!

I think there's even more Canadians coming now, the flood gates are open people!!

Does this mean those annoying Canadian quarters will work in our vending
machines?? I have so many I've been giving them to unsuspecting little
kids on Halloween. Which in turn is creating a whole new generation that
is annoyed at Canada because of their bizarre currency..

On 2007-09-21 07:00, Bora Boris wrote:

you need a Metric Paper Wallet, obviously.

catch a flight to seattle. i'll pick you up at the airport.. for god's sake, there's MUGS and CANADIANS!

For those of you who want to be seen with us Canadians, we'll be at Trader Vics at 4pm on Saturday...come one, come all! We'll be drinking Mai Tais (now much cheaper since our last visit) and planning the most efficient way to buy as much as we can with our new found wealth.

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-09-21 13:17 ]

S

hmmm, not sure i can make it to TV's Saturday, so I'll be holding down the fort at Hula Hula.

D

we're IN at Trader Vics, then we'll hit another party on the east side, then we'll meetcha at Hula Hula around 8:30.

save room: theres' gonna be CAKE.

J

I'm happy to report that Bora Boris is currently on the road on the way to Alameda for the Hinky Drinks party and the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale, so you northerners will just have to get by without him this weekend.

D

jen, whatever became of our sinister plan to clone BoraBoris? there's just not enough of him to go around.

send him northwards when you guys are done with him.

On 2007-09-19 10:58, dogbytes wrote:
looks like our own Tiki Joe's Pop is DJ-ing at the Mug Release!

for those of you looking for more things to do:
JIM FLORA exhibit at Fantagraphic from 6-8 pm. with the Moonspinners.

and we're going to brunch at Ivar's Salmon Houseon Sunday 23 at noon.

I'm very much looking forward to this mug release and all the excitement that goes along with such a big night. I'll be providing "custom made for the occasion" selections from favorite and rare Hawaiian, Hapa Haole, & Exotica/Lounge tunes. At the half way point in the night, many of "the Farmer's" own favorite Hapa Haole's will be featured. We can't wait to see everyone - DJ TJP (haha!)

Pages: 1 2 79 replies