Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hula Hula Seattle, WA - Mug Release Party Is a Go!

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

Okay, this is sounding like a true event!! We'll be at Trader Vics before Hula Hula as well. See yah later!!

P

Hey, all! I really want to get to know all you local Seattle tikiphiles! I've kinda been lurking on the site for a while, and I just wanted to introduce myself...I'll be @ trader vic's today@ 4:00, husband in tow! I'll be the woman in the hawaiian shirt(heh!) we also will be @ the hula hula tonight.c-u dere!
Palapala(aka Barb).

Wow! What a great event! Thanks to Holden for coming up for the release of another great
Tiki Farm mug. Thanks to Dogbytes for the delicious triple chocolate tiki cake in celebtration
of Alan's 28th birthday. Many mahalo's to TabooDan and Pepe le Tiki, who at great peril
reunited me with two of my best friends! The only low point was one Canadian was arrested
and I found out Monkeyskull sold on Ebay the birhtday gift I gave him this year.

J

That was fun last night !
Here are some photos Marlow took...
And there are more posted on my Flicker set, so you can view as a slideshow or see larger versions of any pic by clicking "ALL SIZES".
They are at this link...
http://tinyurl.com/3xehfd

[email protected]

Check out these fun pix !!!

D

what a great evening ~ well, the whole day was great! met palapala and lopaka and a metric tonne of Canadians at Trader Vics for Happy Hour beforehand..then we went to a birthday party for Tiki-Bot (hey, what ever happened to that guy, and Mrs Pineapple?)..
here's Tiki-Bot's cake:

it was Atomic Al's birthday ~ so we added on to the celebration with a triple chocolate cake.

Tiki Joe's Pop ~ Thanks for the great tunes... Holden, nice seeing ya! Woof/Sparky/Allison.. stay longer!

P

Wow! Loapaka and I had such a great time meeting you all, both @ trader vic's, and at the hula hula! Mega mahaloz to you all....... Now, who want's to come on by " The Zombie hut Tiki Lounge", (in our basement) next Saturday for a peg leg punch or two? We're in Kenmore, BTW.. not far from bothel way, alias the 522.Waddayasay?

Deb & I want to add our fondness for last night - and what a night! Patrick thanks for your support & humor, Holden thanks for this cool event and Dogbytes thanks for the triple layer delicacy! Much Love - TOO much Love - DJ TJP

A big Mahalo to everyone for such a fun, crazy evening and for helping celebrate Alan's Bday...and to Hula Hula and Holden for hosting us! Dogbytes...the cake was amazing and Alan sends a very big hug (he just came out of his sugar coma this morning). It was great to see Holden - und zu Deutsch zusammen sprechen!! Du sprecht wirklich gut! Tiki Joe's Pop - thanks for playing the great tunes too!
I'm so glad we could make it down with our fellow crazy Canucks too!!

Jetcity- We love you (and your stores)!

PS...Palapala - Sorry we missed seeing your place.. next time for sure!!

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-09-24 13:17 ]

J

Howdy everyone~

I just had to say that I had a swelligant time at the Hula Hula Tiki Mug Release party. Great looking mugs, fabulous cocktails and beautiful people, just how I like it! It was quite the fancy-pants event!! Miss Dogbytes, thanks for the fab cake. It was quite delicious!! And thanks Jo David/Marlow for posting those pictures of us all. What a fun time!!

:o)

-jonelle-

S

Yay, it's Jonelle! You and Pea look fab in those photos. What a pair of fantabulous gals! I miss you both heaps!

Suzanne

J

Miss Suzanne!

I miss you too. I wish you could come visit. Or maybe Pea and I will haveta road-trip down to Texas and visit your fine self one day! (Whaddya say, Sweetpea?)

In the meantime, at least we'll always have Vegas (and the memories of that fateful day in the car when Pea was driving us all to Ronnie's and you suddenly brandished that sausage!) What was that song again? Viva Las Sausage?!

Ah, good times, good times....

;o)

-jonelle-

I'm almost recovered from my wild weekend, strong drinks at the hula hula, meeting some TC ohana, scoring some new mugs

sunday did the oyster run, 20,000+ motorcycles with a hangover=headache that would kill a mule

then monday took Makedamug sightseeing and whalewatching.

img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/4819/46f984d6.jpg[/img]

Thanks again Holden for a great weekend!

Damn now I have more posts than mugs...

[ Edited by: Stiki Tiki 2007-09-25 15:11 ]

S

On 2007-09-25 09:19, jonelle wrote:

In the meantime, at least we'll always have Vegas (and the memories of that fateful day in the car when Pea was driving us all to Ronnie's and you suddenly brandished that sausage!) What was that song again? Viva Las Sausage?!

Ah, good times, good times....

Viva Las Sausage!!!!!!! As I remember, you actually have photos of this. I have a feeling I'm going to regret posting this!

Suzanne

S

all I know is that it was hard to drive with that
sausage being shaken around all over the place...

D

Sweetpea shows off the awesome mugs they use now!!

ohyeah. buckets of booze. the special had 6 shots of various malibu rums and cranberry juice.

On 2009-08-31 20:11, dogbytes wrote:
Sweetpea shows off the awesome mugs they use now!!

That is so disappointing. :cry:

O'well at least it's still open.

D

Boris: i have your mug ~ Hula Hula isn't all bad (especially if you go before karioki starts).

S

hahahahaha, it's my new purse!
hahahahahaha
the buckets are just a promo that's going around a bunch of the bars right now.
and being that hula hulas drinks are never consistant, and you maybe get rum in your mai tai, or ya may get vodka, or other things... I figured
$10 for six shots of different tropical flavored rum with some pineapple juice and some cranberry wasnt bad, and I knew what I was going to get.

S

ps, it wasnt about the drinks there anyhow, it was about the
BACON TOPPED CUPCAKES!!!!! ]
really, that's all that matters!!!!
Thanks Dogbytes!!!!
You Rule!

R

mmmm, BACON!

T

Still wish Tiare and I could have went. Tiare would have been all over that $10 drink...she LOVES a bargain! I would have been in bacon heaven. But then again Tiare's last experience out on the town was Pete's Voodoo Lounge party. Tiare had such a great time the left some vomit in my car!!! She did have the good grace to clean up my passenger seat the very next morning. Still I would prefer the smell of rum and bacon cupcake in the car other than what was left last time.

Hula Hula is a great tiki bar for a beer and a $10 drink with flavored rum :P

Again, sorry we couldn't make it. Hope karma grants me a clear time table for the next event.

-Fuzz

S

Possibly going on Sunday after I get off work at Luna...
so, round 4-5 ish...
don't ferget, Monday is a holiday!
Lookout $10 bucket, here we come!
(I'll try to post here if it's a fer sure)

P

did someone say BACON CUPCAKES?
If I have that with an Irish coffee, I'll have covered all the main food groups!
(pork and booze being the bottom of the pyrimid. twice.

jimmys
chocolate
cakeNfilling
whipcreamicing
Bacon boooze Bacon

MN

As long as it is not about the drinks......
The 10 bones is just buying 3 regular, rather irregular shots of booze or maybe
2oz & a splash of 151. :blush:

Flavored Malibu is just about half the ABV of non-flavored.

If it were bacon flavored rum.......

Someone should open a restaurant called "Bacon"

S

pack up the car, we are going NOW!

Sad to say, it's not called Bacon any more. It's still the same restaurant, more-or-less, with the same menu, more-or-less, but now it's called Culina Highlands. Still lots of bacon on the menu including this drink special:

Hair Of The Dog: Nathan's famous Bacon Caesar with clamato, horseradish, premium vodka, lime and garnished with crisp applewood smoked bacon.

RB

Any Seattle-ites know if Hula Hula is still selling its own mugs? Wife and I will up there in a few weeks. THX

On 2010-01-15 06:49, Rum Balls wrote:
Any Seattle-ites know if Hula Hula is still selling its own mugs? Wife and I will up there in a few weeks. THX

Sorry, Paul. They exhausted their stock about 6 months ago. Unless Tiki Farm has a stash, I've seen them pop up on ebay & Craig's list the last few months. Hope to catch up with you & the mrs if you've got a little spare time.

Cheers~
Andy

Damn! Since we're staying near Seattle Center, we'll probably still wander in just to check the place out.

It's certainly worth a look- and they did a pretty good/basic job on the place, but it sure needs to take a step up to match its name. The management has changed hands many times since its inception- never a good sign.

Cheers RB- had a Pi-Yi based on your recipe on this RARE sunny January day!
-Andy

S

No reports on this place for a while... Just wanted to say I was in Seattle briefly, stopped in there for their happy hour, had a couple of good, old style Mai Tais and a burger. The place looked good, the drinks were good and I got out before the Karaoke started. This is the newest location in the Capitol Hill area (Previously in the Queen Anne area till 2017). If I lived there I would be there a lot! They even had one of the original mugs left too. Not anymore!

Pages: 1 2 79 replies